Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: I felt like my body was the latest work project, and it just brought up associations of how much everyone's "progress" on projects gets picked apart under a microscope, I don't want to associate that with my bump...

@theotherstark: Yeah, I think in this case the person meant well, I definitely don't hold it against him personally... I think I'm always borderline uncomfortable at these lunches anyways because it's me and then mostly a bunch of men sitting around a big table and it's always hard to feel like I fit in. Being pregnant and having comments about it doesn't help...but I know the best approach is to just ignore it and be self-confident and act like I fit in.

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@bushelandapeck: yay for popping! i feel like I'm already at that point, and I'm behind you by a couple weeks

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@periwinklebee: I definitely understand. Bah. Try to ignore! Haha. Easier said than done, I know.

4. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

I'm a journalist and fortunate to work in an environment dominated by women in their 20s and 30s. Even if the big bosses are older men.

5. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@theotherstark: Thanks

@dominobee: That's awesome, even if the big bosses are still men (boo, that seems to almost always be the case!) I only have one friend who works in journalism, she is at the nytimes and to be honest it sounded kind of bad in terms of gender stuff, ugh... I work at a university. It's a huge place and things can vary enormously depending on what you do. In a lot of fields, especially related to the humanities, in mentoring structures that interface with undergrads, on the service side of the university, etc, oftentimes it is overwhelmingly women. But in STEM and some other fields, on the finance/business administration side of the university, etc, the opposite is true. I like my colleagues a lot and have never had any of the bad experiences that you sometimes here about, but there aren't many women...

6. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@periwinklebee: I work at a university too! Are you faculty or staff?

I got my first true body comment from a coworker today. She tried to stop herself, but it actually sounded like she was gong to say something positive so I kind of made her spit it out.

She said that although I'm obviously pregnant by now, it looks like I'm getting thinner even though I'm getting a bump. Which is true so I didn't fault her for it. But she didn't want it to sound like she thought I was huge before.

7. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: Awesome! I'm faculty...And funny comment, I feel like until the morning sickness stopped I had something similar, but now my appetite is back with a vengeance and I'm making up for it

8. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@periwinklebee: I'm in the marketing/communications office.

My appetite just came back and I could eat all.the.time. I'm hoping I don't suddenly gain a ton of weight all at once.

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: That's awesome!

I have had a crazy appetite, and especially strong sugar cravings Usually eating some fresh fruit will satisfy it, but I've also definitely indulged, which has been *amazing*. I don't really want to know what my weight will be at the next appointment...

10. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@periwinklebee: I've been picking at dinner up until this week, but last night DH and I went to a dinner and I ate an entire plate of stirfry, AND a milkshake. I'd been sort of averse to sugar up until now.

11. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: Completely empathize - I do not normally have a sweet tooth, at all, but as of the past couple of weeks I so want *all* the dessert.

12. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@periwinklebee: @MaryM: I want to eat sugar again! haha. Sweets have just not sounded good to me, and I'm still not feeling well generally. Bah. I keep waiting to get my appetite back!

13. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@theotherstark: My appetite didn't really come back until around 18 weeks, which was the same time that I was able to completely stop diclegis. But when it came back, it came back with a vengeance. I really hope you feel better and are enjoying a decadent piece of cake, or whatever your preferred sugar is, soon

14. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Anybody feeling baby move yet? I think I've felt a few flutters but also could be imagining it. Can't wait to feel it for real! 16 weeks today.

15. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: that's so exciting! I'm definitely feeling movements. It's still sporadic, but fairly strong little kicks and moves. I started feeling them earlier this pregnancy. With my first, I felt the first flutters at 15 weeks, so I bet you're feeling movement! Yay

16. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: happy 16w! I've been feeling movement for a while but now it's definitely more noticeable and sometimes even uncomfortable. This little guy certainly likes to move!

Anatomy scan is this morning at 9:15am ET. Will post an update and pic later today if all goes well!

17. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Sending you lots of good vibes today! Can't believe our little crew is already getting to anatomy scans!

Feeling very "full" today, like I just ate a big meal, despite the fact that I'm starving!

18. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: I have an anterior placenta so I haven't felt anything yet. I guess with an anterior placenta it's normal not to feel anything until a little later, like 20 weeks.

19. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

Everything looks good and he's definitely still a boy

Side profile pic and one of his cute little feet! Measuring ahead still but not quite as far. I'm guessing we will still end up with a Feb baby but they will keep the date as 1/25.

20. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bushelandapeck: Yay!!! So happy to hear everything is looking great!

21. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Woohoo! Congrats! PS 1/25 is my bday

22. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

I'm curious how people's weight gain is going? I haven't gained any weight in like 2 weeks which is making me nervous! But my belly keeps growing so I guess it's no big deal. I'm still probably not eating enough but it's so hard!

23. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I'm up 4-5lbs at 19.5w. Pretty average for my previous pregnancies too. I'm hoping to stay around 25lbs total.

24. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: I'm up 10 lb total, 7 from my pre pregnancy weight (I lost 3 lb initially).

25. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I'm at about 9-10 lbs at 16 weeks I gained 40 lbs last time and I'm on track to gain the same. Pregnancy makes me so hungry

26. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: Beautiful pictures!

@dominobee: According to my OB, I'm up one lb from pre-pregnancy. But I'm pretty sure I was constipated during that visit, and it was in the afternoon (when bloat is highest), and I don't trust doctor's scales.

I prefer to weigh myself at home, first thing in the morning. According to that, I'm still down about 3 lbs (I lost 6 at the lowest point)

I'm at 15 weeks.

My doctor said not to worry about not gaining in the first trimester. He's more concerned with the baby's size than with mine.

I went through my old maternity pants though, and most of them are WAY too big. I'm really hoping my SIL might have the next size down and be able to lend me some soon. I only have two pair of work pants and one pair of jeans right now that work (and the jeans barely work. They'll stay up, but they're bumpy and weird at the top of the "jean" part because they're a little big).

27. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: thank you!
    I ordered some new maternity pants form zulily and bought a pair online from Target that should be good for work and home (cranberry colored pair). I also have several pairs of jeans that I've been rotating through. Some are still too big but I'm making them work since none of my other pants fit!

28. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

Been a little MIA from the board.

My 20 week anatomy scan is on the 19th, so I'm excited to see my little nugget.

I have my annual review tomorrow and have yet to tell everyone that I'm 17 weeks along. My boss is going to flip.... I've been wearing extra baggy clothes for the past 3 months and am now at the point where either my co-workers are suspecting or they think I've been binging.

At the last appointment, I had a chromosomal draw. We had the doc put the results in an envelope and did a gender reveal. We are expecting another boy! I can't believe I'm going to be in a locker room full of boys in my house.

29. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Anatomy scan scheduled! And the radiologist is open on Columbus day, when I'll conveniently be 20 weeks, so I don't even have to take off work (score!)

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@bushelandapeck: aww, sweet little peanut!! The foot shot is adorable. I'm so glad everything looked okay!

@dominobee: at my last appointment a couple weeks ago, I had lost about 5 lbs total. I haven't gained yet. It makes me nervous, but my dr. wasn't concerned. The same happened my last pregnancy, and I'm still feeling poorly, so I'm hoping to start making it up in the next couple of weeks. I honestly am not too worried; I know that I'm eating a good diet, and the baby gets what it needs first. As long as the baby continues to grow at a healthy rate, and I start gaining a bit, I'm fine

31. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Honeydew: congratulations on the boy!!

32. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: yay for having the scan scheduled, and yay for not having to take off work!

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

1/25: Bushelandapeck (#3 )
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/5: Honeydew (#2 )
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1)
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), beachlilly (#1 )
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 ), petitenoisette (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2 )
    3/6: Ergggg (#2)

Appointments

9/12: skiierchck99 (AS)
    9/13: dominobee
    9/18: dominobee
    9/21: JJ2626 (AS), theotherstark
    9/25: theotherstark (AS)
    10/2: dominobee (AS)
    10/9: MaryM (AS)

34. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Woops! I thought DH would have Columbus day off too, but he doesn't.

I pulled out my pregnancy pillow last night. OMG. Game changer. It was so nice to have pillows where I needed them without having to wrangle 5 pillows and hope they stayed on the bed when I rolled over.

35. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: yes!! The pregnancy pillow is so amazing. Makes things so much easier and more comfortable. Glad you broke it out

36. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Honeydew: Congrats!

37. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Constipation ugggghhhhh this is the worst

38. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Honeydew: congratulations on your little boy!

@dominobee: I've been taking colace 2x/day and that has been helping a ton! Constipation is the WORST! I also need to drink more water but I haven't been good about it.

39. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: I have an anterior placenta, I think I started to feel twitches earlier but didn't really know if it was real movement or just my belly stretching. I started to feel more distinguishable movements around 18 weeks, and now at 21 weeks there's been an explosion of movement It is seriously the best thing ever...and definitely surreal. I'll feel baby punch one side of my belly and kick the other, and almost have to pinch myself to believe that there really is a baby who's getting so big already in there! When it first started happening I had this reflexive, ridiculous fear that it was all a dream and I'd wake up not pregnant and back in the IF/loss limbo. Like, I think I'd convinced myself that it was never going to happen for us, which is ridiculous, but now I'm just trying to really savor all the little movements.

40. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: have you tried pickles? Seriously, it's like magic. Either the giant dill pickles or 3 or 4 spears.

I've gone close to a week taking two colace a day with nothing happening, but the pickles always do the trick! Drink a big glass of water with them. Then the next morning, it's usually so much better.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee