Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@periwinklebee: smart! You're the end of Jan, right? That's technically my due date too but I will almost certainly go into Feb, based on LMP. I have an Amazon registry as well so I'll buy things on that as it gets closer. We need a new monitor, bath tub, sound machine, and a few replacement parts for bottles, etc. I'm hoping to get the car seats early because I think they will be cheaper with the 20% off from target this week than they will be any other time. Luckily, I have a couple of expired seats I can trade in!

2. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bushelandapeck: Yup, EDD is Jan 16. Another great thing is that normally Amazon has a 30 day return period but anything bought between Nov 1 and Christmas can be returned through Jan 31st. Baby should definitely be here by then, so we should have a little bit of a window to send stuff back if we realize it's not needed.

3. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@periwinklebee: @bushelandapeck: I did an amazon registry too. I know we won't have a shower until the holidays, but I like adding stuff as I hear about it

I went to kohls hoping to find some work pants. Our store has 0 maternity clothes in store now.

Does kohls and the gap not realize how difficult it is to find maternity clothes that fit??? I hate that they don't have them in stores!

4. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@periwinklebee: that's a great return window! @MaryM: ugh. Buying maternity clothes is SO frustrating! I've been doing stitch fix for a long time and have been disappointed with the maternity stuff they've sent me.

5. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: I do thredup for shirts, but pants are impossible!

6. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bushelandapeck: @MaryM: After trying on and returning about a zillion things, I think I finally have a small work maternity wardrobe that I'm happy with. I actually like it better than my non-maternity clothes - feels more polished and professional. Everything is Seraphine or Isabella Oliver, which are both pricey but thank goodness for an additional 40% off all sale merchandise over labor day at pea in the pod. For weekends, I'm just wearing Gap leggings and tees. Besides for these three brands, pretty much everything I tried did not work at all for my body type.

7. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: ugh maternity clothes shopping is so annoying. We checked out target today and they had practically nothing and so then I spent like 3 hours this afternoon shopping online. Finally placed and order from gap/old navy that I'm hoping will be enough plus what I have from my first pregnancy (which was less than I remembered).

8. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@bushelandapeck: we only need a few new things for baby (well plus clothes depending on if this one turns out to be a boy!) but I'm hoping we can finagle most as gifts for Christmas. Video monitor (would like a double since our original one broke), more crib and pack n play sheets. I can't even think of anything else off the top of my head!

9. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@petitenoisette: we got rid of a bunch of stuff and our infant seat has expired....so there's that. Mostly it's the monitor and a new infant seat that we for sure need. Everything else is just extra.

10. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@bushelandapeck: I just turned in an expired car seat this weekend but I think I am giving my 20% off coupon to a friend who is expecting her first and will be buying our new seat through babies r us (25% off car seats through the end of the month). Other than that I need a second monitor camera and a second sound machine. I also need a few winter baby clothes (DS was a June baby) but I am not sure what else I need for #2?!

We're moving DS out of his crib and into his "big boy" room probably in November. I am panicking about this a little bit...he's a little over 2 and he's a GREAT sleeper at night and I am afraid moving him will ruin that.

11. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@LadyDi: It might actually be cheaper to use the Target coupon because the seats are already marked down, unlike the BrU seats.
    How old is your oldest? We kept our son in the crib and bought a second when DD was born because he was only 26 months and also a great sleeper. He stayed in his crib until 3 when he started asking to get out DD is still in her crib, turning 3 next month. I've talked to her about converting it but she doesn't want me to! We kept DS crib and will use that for the baby.

12. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@bushelandapeck: He'll be around 30 months when this one is born. He generally is easygoing and handles transitions well but I don't like to gamble with sleeping. My hope is to move him to the new room with enough time to give a bed a shot and if it doesn't work give him his crib back and buy another one or just use a pack and play for the baby. He/she will be in our room for awhile anyway.

13. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@LadyDi: good plan! This baby will be in our room for a while too, so I'm guessing DD will be out of the crib by then as well. Her bed converts so we will probably just do that for a while and move her to a bigger bed later on. My son turned 5 in August and just moved to a full sized bed from a toddler bed in June. lol. He was certainly ready and the toddler bed was getting too small for him.

14. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@bushelandapeck: @DesertDreams88: Thanks for the suggestions! Buynig all on kindle. Yes, planning to bf so long as it goes well for all. Now to figure out how to get dh to do some research too...but the video sounds like a good option!

15. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Wow that sucks! Retailers do not give a sh!t about pregnant women.

16. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

AND...of course the stuff I ordered online from Kohl's yesterday is now 20% off today.

17. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Boo!

Ok bees, we did it. I spent most of Saturday doing the first pass of sanding on our stairs while DH was working (which means I did most of the hard labor - isn't that always the way). I used a respirator and a vacuum bag on the palm sander to minimize any dust I might inhale. Also, the varnish was almost completely worn off the treads so there wasn't that much to remove. I was a bit worried about the noise from the palm sander but I looked up the dB levels and they're lower than an average rock concert - and I know pregnant women go to concerts all the time so I figured it was fine. I wish I had taken a "before" picture but these are the stairs after DH finished his part (passes with two finer levels of grit sandpaper) on Sunday.

We both took Friday off and I'm going to head to the woods on Thursday with our dog and a friend while he takes care of the staining and poly.

This project has been such a loooong time coming. We bought our house almost three years ago and moved in a little over two years ago. The people we hired to refinish the floors were quoting us another $1500 for the stairs b/c it's such a pain in the butt, so we thought we'd just wait on that and either do it ourselves or pay someone once we could save up some more money. Well there's nothing like a due date to give you a kick in the pants for finishing home improvement projects! Can't wait to see it completed when I get home from camping on Sunday.

18. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: Just a heads up, you might want to have a back up plan for a place to stay if it's still super stinky on Sunday.

Our floors were redone starting with sanding and staining on a Wednesday. We moved back in on Saturday, and it was still really bad.

DH opened up all the doors and windows and had fans going, but he was still lightheaded by the end of the day. I spent a lot of the day out of the house waiting for it to air out, so I didn't have that reaction. But looking back, I probably shouldn't have spent that night in the house. It was bad. The smell lingers and stuck to everything. It's been two weeks and we can still smell it, though it isn't as bad.

19. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: those came out amazing! We had a bunch of rooms painted when I was pregnant with DD and, although the VOC's were low, they definitely still bothered me to the point I wished I had stayed elsewhere for a few days. I hope you have a great weekend of camping!

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: I do! I might stay with my sister who lives literally blocks from my work, which would be really convenient!

21. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: That's good! I'd called my mom to see if I could stay with her if I needed to, but she's two hours away and after being in a hotel all week, I really just wanted to sleep at home! But I should have gone to her house.

22. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

So, during my lunch break I went back to the Kohls site to compare prices. Two of the shirts I got would have been cheaper had I bought them today, but not cheap enough to negate the kohl's cash I earned yesterday. So I'm not going to worry about it.

One shirt and a pair of pants I got ended up being more expensive pre 20% off code, so I ended up saving overall.

The 20% off sale is on a lot of baby stuff (clothes and gear) plus maternity clothes if you want to check it out.

I can't find it online, but I got this onesie in the store yesterday. DH and his friends swear that Entourage stole "Hug it out" from them.

http://www.oshkosh.com/s/Carters/oshkosh-baby-boy-tee-and-henleys/190795535242.html?cm_mmc=ip_OKBG-_-Google-_-Baby_Boy_0-9_Accessories-_-190795535242&cvosrc=cse.google.41808836346&cvo_crid=194157941914&cvo_cid=821931347

23. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@lazypanda: @periwinklebee: thank you both for checking in Today was my due date, so it's been tough. Thinking of you guys this month, too

24. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

I'm so nervous about our anatomy scan tomorrow and that something will be wrong. No good reason to be, I haven't had anything out of the ordinary, but I just don't feel that pregnant or look that big, and I think such a long history of infertility has left me waiting for the other shoe to drop. Will be glad when this is over!

25. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@theotherstark: Thinking of you. I hope that you have a chance to do something kind for yourself today and that things get easier soon.

@skiierchck99: Sending lots of good vibes for your anatomy scan tomorrow. I think it's normal to be nervous but also amazing to get to see the baby in so much detail!

26. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@periwinklebee: Thanks!

Everything went well : ) Baby is on-track for Feb 13, looking healthy, and they think it's a girl! I don't know how certain to be....though my OB said to assume they were right. Really wishing I had done cell-free testing now and wondering whether I should schedule an additional US to confirm around 24 weeks.

27. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@skiierchck99: Yay!!! Wonderful news! And congrats on the (probably)

28. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@theotherstark: Much love to you

29. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@skiierchck99: Congrats on a healthy baby!

I am nervous about my anatomy scan too, just want to get it over with! I see the OB tomorrow and I can't wait to hear the heartbeats again!

30. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@bushelandapeck: Do you know if you can use the Target 20% off coupon online? I realized I need to buy my parents a new carseat for their car so glad you mentioned the promo!

31. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@skiierchck99: Congrats! I know how you feel about nerves, I have been pretty stressed lately even though one would think being out of the 1st tri would be stress relieving. Glad your scan went well. I would assume they are correct about the girl, I just think some places are wishy washy just to cover themselves in case they are wrong but really there is a low probability of that (unless there was something from really preventing them from seeing the goods!).

32. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@petitenoisette: you sure can!!

33. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@skiierchck99: so exciting! Congratulations on the and for everything looking good!

34. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Ok mamas, another shopping tip. Motherhood Maternity is having a great sale for the next 12 hours. The sale prices are on TOP of the clearance prices. I got two cute print shirts for $10/each and another plain baggy t-shirt for $4. I also bought 4 pairs of leggings and got free shipping b/c I spent over $79, then put in the 10% off code for being a new member. All told I got the 3 shirts and 4 pairs of leggings for under $90!

35. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: Thanks for sharing! I need some maternity jeans and some leggings!

36. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

next appointment is 10/5
    Kaiser should be calling me this week to schedule my anatomy scan in the next 2 weeks.
    Still haven't gotten results from 2nd trimester genetic screen, it was drawn 2 weeks ago, so I should be hearing right about now...so nerve wrecking.

37. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Whaaat that's so annoying! Kaiser sounds like a real pain in the a$$ (but aren't all insurance companies/health care providers?)

38. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: Kaiser is actually ok when it comes to getting lab results. The problem is that the screening is done through the california prenatal screening program...which is not located at Kaiser, but at some lab in Fresno that belongs to the ca public health department. So they have to talk to each other, and that is why it takes so long. I think you get abnormal results back faster because the public health department calls the Kaiser genetics doctor, but if they are normal then the public health department snail mails them to Kaiser genetics. If Kaiser wasn't so damn cheap they would do it themselves and I would have had the results within 3 days. The midwife also confirmed with me that Kaiser doesn't offer free cell dna testing to women under 35 because it is expensive, but she believes that everyone should get it regardless of age.

39. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@Tionn3: I had mine 3 weeks ago and still
    haven't gotten the results either! It is so annoying and stressful.

40. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@bushelandapeck: @petitenoisette: @dominobee: Thanks! So relieved and excited to feel like I can start planning in earnest - I haven't wanted to jinx myself. Next appointment on 10/13!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee