Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@JJ2626: Ugh that is so annoying! Hopefully delayed news is good news...Have you tried getting the number for genetics and calling them? I have the number for our genetics department and I think I'm going to call them next week if I don't hear anything by the end of this week. Maybe your OB could give you the number?

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: @periwinklebee: thank you so much Love this community

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@skiierchck99: yay!! Congrats on a good appt! and on a ! Is there a reason why they weren't sure? I imagine they probably got a good look, and by the anatomy scan things are pretty developed, so they are probably right Do you want me to add the sex to the list, or would you like me to hold off?

4. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@Tionn3: Just talked to genetics and everything is low risk! So weird my doc didn't just tell me. You should definitely get the # and call!

5. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@JJ2626: I'm so glad you were able to call them and find out! Glad everything is normal! I was told that the reason why the OBs don't call and tell you is because all the results are mailed to genetics and then they have to be scanned into the electronic medical records which can take up to an additional 2 weeks.

6. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

I need to vent... After enjoying the second trimester honeymoon period for awhile, I feel like pregnancy has come back to kick my butt, and kick it hard, already. Anyone else feeling pretty blah? Digestion has been crap, not sure how much of it is baby pushing on everything and how much of it is stress from a really busy time at work, but probably a combination. And my lower back, which never bothers me, has started killing me this week. My nerves also feel frayed, I was having a relaxing picnic at a park after work last night when someone opened fire, with police coming in from every direction (it appears to have been a personal dispute and thank goodness no bystanders hurt). I so need a vacation but I have to travel for work this weekend, so I won't even get a break for the weekend

7. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@periwinklebee: Sorry to hear that. My back has been a bit sore too especially after sleeping, and when I brought it up yesterday the doctor said in your early second tri the baby's growth is more towards your back and that it might stop later in the second tri when front growth picks up more. Have you tried a heating pad?

I'm having a blah day myself...after the excitement yesterday am my grandmother passed away in the afternoon before I'd had a chance to tell her it was a girl. Feeling very sad about that and that she won't get to meet her.

8. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@periwinklebee: Forgot to add - I heard about the shooting! So scary and glad you're ok. Hoping you can spend a weekend not working soon!

9. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@Due Date:

EDD: Feb 14, 2018

First child? Nope, 3rd

Any symptoms? Hyperemesis gravidarum

Who have you told? Cant hide it due to HG so everybody knows.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Wondering when I can feel normal again.

10. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@skiierchck99: I'm so, so sorry about your grandma I know this must be really tough, and especially now...

That's really encouraging that the back pain might actually get better. I was slightly panicking, if it's like this now and baby only weighs a pound, how am I going to manage to function in another couple of months... I tried a heating pad last night and I think it does help some.

11. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@periwinklebee: @skiierchck99: I'm sorry you guys had such hard days. So much stress!

@periwinklebee: Do you get any time to yourself this weekend? Like can you at least treat yourself to a manicure and some ice cream or something??

I've been waking up more sore lately. I think it's both my body trying to get used to pregnancy and sometimes sleeping weird. It got a bit better when I got out my snoogle, but I think even that takes some getting used to.

12. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: Wow that is so scary! I'm sorry you're feeling crappy lately, and that you can't even take time to relax and recharge this weekend. I have no good advice but I hope you start feeling better soon.

@skiierchck99: I'm so sorry for your loss, and that you didn't get to tell your grandma about your baby girl before she died. Much love to you.

13. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

I went to the regular OB today which is required at least once as part of my midwifery care. At least that's what the midwife practice told me, but the OB today said she'll want to see me every four weeks for the duration of the pregnancy. So that means two appointments a month for the next five months. That's a lot of appointments!

On the plus side, she ended up doing an ultrasound which I was not expecting! We got to see both babies and hear their heartbeats. They are snuggled up really close together, both had healthy heartbeats around 150bpm, and they were both moving a whole lot! Really looking forward to the anatomy scan in a few weeks so I can get a better view!

Below we've got their two heads side-by-side, followed by pics of each baby.

14. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: sounds like a good appt, even if now you will be pulling double duty, The babies are adorable in that grainy ultrasound way. Are you finding out the sex of the babies?

15. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: That's great that you got to see them! I go next week for my AFP blood test and I'm hoping I can talk the doctor into an ultrasound. I got one every week or two for so long, and now it's been a month. I need to see this little guy!

16. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@skiierchck99: I'm so sorry about your grandmother.

@periwinklebee: Yikes, that is scary about the shooting! Glad you are ok. I have been having back pain too, my tailbone is killing me in particular. I had tailbone pain in my first tri with LO1 and it definitely went away (and hoped I had been spared for this pregnancy) so I am guessing that @skiierchck99: is correct and that it doesn't mean it will be terrible from here on out.
    @tosun: Welcome! Sorry about the HG, that is terrible. @dominobee: Glad you got to see those babes! Heads up you will have even more dr's appointments as you approach the end! It's funny for my 1st pregnancy it seemed like the number of appointments in the 1st and 2nd tri weren't "enough" but now I am appreciating that they are fairly spaced out! It gets to be a lot! Though I do get really anxious in between.

17. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@periwinklebee: Oh! I also meant to suggest...do you have lumbar support in your car?

I commute a lot and realized my car was making me super sore so I took a tiny throw pillow to put behind my lower back. It helps a ton!

18. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I'm going to have them write the sexes down and put them in an envelope at my anatomy scan on 10/2. Then DH and I will open on our 2 year wedding anniversary on 10/11!

19. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@periwinklebee: How scary! So glad you guys are okay!

@tosun: welcome and congratulations!

@dominobee: awwww...how wonderful that you got to see them again! Two appointments probably will feel like a lot, but it's good that there will be a lot of opportunities to make sure everything is going well.

20. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: Awww thats sweet and will make for a very awesome anniversary, hats off to you for waiting. Do you have any guesses? I never did, so it was a total shock at the scan.

21. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I really have no idea!

22. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: well then it will be a fun surprise

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: can't wait!

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@tosun: Welcome!

@MaryM: I also feel like I'm still trying to get used to the snoogle. I was excited to get it because I'd heard so many great things, but I still find myself often waking up on my back... I think you're right that some of the back problems go back to the commute. I commute via public transit, so mostly standing, but the problem I think is toting my shoulder bag and lunch, as my back feels worse on the side I usually carry them on. Just ordered a backpack that looks nice enough to bring to work - I hated to spend more money after already needing a new wardrobe, but I'm sure it's much cheaper than a doctor for my back if it helps... I think my me-time this weekend will consist of two 6-7 hour flights in united economy - I don't mind united too much though, and will take what I can get...

@dominobee: Aw so sweet!

@petitenoisette: I hope your right, I do feel like a lot of the discomfort will come and go, so probably has something to do with the baby's position.

@bushelandapeck: Thank you!

25. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@periwinklebee: The last time I flew, I noticed spas in the airport. Maybe keep an eye out for that!

And yes on the heavy work bags! I've had to walk further to work since classes started back up and parking hasn't been as easy, and I've noticed it's harder to carry a lot of stuff too.

26. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: ooh, good idea! And yeah, carrying around a baby and the extra fluid definitely does not make it any easier to haul around the laptop, papers, and lunch...

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@periwinklebee: omg that is so scary! I'm so sorry - how traumatizing. I hope you're doing okay! And I'm sorry about your back, too. That stinks. Have you tried doing some stretches, like cat/cows, etc?

28. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@skiierchck99: I am so sorry about your grandma that is so hard. Thinking of you.

29. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@tosun: welcome!! I've had pretty bad sickness, and I still am feeling pretty awful, but no hospitalization or anything that severe. I'm so sorry you've been sick, and with two others to take care of too!!

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: aww, little bubs!! SO cute! That's great you got to see them bummer about the extra appointments, but probably for the best since you're having a twin pregnancy? I know other moms of twins often had more frequent appointments.

31. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@theotherstark: Thanks and sorry to hear you have been sick too. Had HG with my two sons too with several hospitalizations but I have managed to avoid hospitalization with this pregnancy, just ER visits and Diclegis have helped a bit too.

32. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

1/25: Bushelandapeck (#3 )
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/5: Honeydew (#2 )
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1 )
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2), Tosun (#3)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), beachlilly (#1 )
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 ), petitenoisette (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2 )
    3/6: Ergggg (#2)

Appointments

9/18: dominobee
    9/21: JJ2626 (AS), theotherstark
    9/25: theotherstark (AS)
    9/26: petitenoisette (AS)
    10/2: dominobee (AS)
    10/5: Tionn3
    10/9: MaryM (AS)
    10/13: skiierchck99

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@tosun: ugh, I am so sorry! Glad you have avoided hospitalization this time, at least.

34. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@tosun: Welcome! Sorry about the HG, that must be terrible.

35. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Wow I do not know how to keep up with all the posts here!! I enjoy reading all of your updates but then I don't know what to say over here.... same things going on? more flutters which is cool, a bit of nerves about the anatomy scan but that's to be expected. Honestly life is so busy I often forget about the pregnancy a bit but I think it will be much more on my mind as the movements starts to "kick in" and after the anatomy scan.

@tosun: HG sounds life-alteringly horrible - I had norovirus for 2 days and was hospitalized for 8 hours of it, and I kept thinking "HG ladies go through this for most of pregnancy, oh my gosh!" true warrior mama even if you don't feel like it.

@dominobee: yay for ultrasounds And usually the 2nd-to-last month is biweekly appts, and the last month is weekly appts, soooo..... hopefully you like your midwives and OB! Always good to check on the babies. So much can change those last 2 months especially with twins.

@MaryM: @periwinklebee: Sore hips over here, too. I think I'm going to start wearing more full panel maternity pants and my maternity support belt - that helped a lot last time. I also went to a chiropractor, not sure how long-lasting the effects were but it was interesting.

36. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@theotherstark: my anatomy scan is 9/26

37. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@petitenoisette: got it!

38. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@theotherstark: next OB appt for me is 10/5. Thanks for keeping up with the list!

39. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@theotherstark: Thanks Ugh, I feel so bad for people who happened to be standing right next to where it happened, and for the kids who were around.

I don't think I've been nearly vigilant enough about stretching my back. I try to do it periodically, but with the extra weight of pregnancy, I think it's something I really should be doing multiple times a day...

@DesertDreams88: I ordered a support belt to wear at least when I'm working out, and hope it will help. I'm curious to hear if the chiropractor helps. I used to go to one who specialized in athletes - he was very well regarded but I never really felt that it did a ton, though who knows. I probably should find one who does pregnancy, but haven't gotten around to it... Things have been so crazy that I'd love to have one less thing on the to-do list, but I'm wondering if seeing a chiropractor periodically would make a substantial difference in keeping everything aligned.

40. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@theotherstark: @petitenoisette: @periwinklebee: @dominobee: @MaryM: Thanks for the kind thoughts. I'm doing better today, but boy it sucked to go from suck a high to such a low in the same day!

@tosun: Welcome! I've had a couple friends with HG so I hope it tapers off some soon.

@dominobee: Such a cute US pic! Glad you got to see them and that all is well

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee