Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: Hope you feel some relief soon!

All weekend, I've had bad hip pain. I'm not sure if our mattress is too hard or what. But I'm so sore getting up in the morning! I'm already sleeping with a snoogle, so I don't think I need more support/anything more between my knees. We walked a lot Saturday (we had pictures done) so I'm not sure if it had anything to do with that. But I've been waking up attempting to roll over and pretty much have to completely sit up to turn over.

But our photos are pretty! I look a lot more pregnant than I thought I did! I'll share in the facebook group once DH has the chance to see them.

2. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: I always think I look more pregnant in photos than I do when I look in the mirror! Can't wait to see the pics!

3. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@MaryM: I've definitely had hip and lower back pain, especially in the last 2 weeks. I sleep with a pillow between my legs but, it doesn't seem to help that much. The snoogle is really comfortable but it's just really hard to switch positions and I usually end up throwing it off the bed in the middle of the night.

4. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Tionn3: The snoogle took some getting used to at first, but for a while I was sleeping really good with it.

I don't think it's helped that I've been coughing with a chest cold. But I know that's not making my hips sore!

5. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Since we discussed it last week...my glucose test ended up being moved back to 26 weeks.

I saw the nurse yesterday because the doctor was booked, and I'm not sure she's totally in the loop on the treatment I've been getting. I asked if we could get an ultrasound, and she said no (the doctor has never told me no!) and she suggested I come back in 4 weeks (I think I was going to do every two?)

Since i'm feeling more movement, I decided to go ahead and try just going with it. So the next appointment is at 26 weeks and I got to take home the "fruit punch" to drink on the way to it. Fun!

I'm happier doing it at 26 weeks. I never had confirmed insulin resistance, but I'd been on metformin for about 5 years (for PCOS), so I'm concerned with what my body's doing since I stopped taking it.

6. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: can't wait to see your pics! I posted a couple from our session on Sunday on the FB page too

@Tionn3: Lots of lower, left side, back pain here. I think I did something on Sunday that irritated my sciatic nerve and it's been bothering me since. Ugh! Too much moving around stuff and not enough rest I guess. I've been trying to organize and get rid of a bunch of stuff and probably carried a few too many heavy items.

7. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

*maybe* I'll post one today

I feel so conflicted! I so wanted to send my mom and SIL one (I was wearing clothes I borrowed from SIL), but since they'll be on our Christmas cards, I don't want to totally spoil the surprise!

And it's sort of like announcing to me...I feel bad telling too many people without my whole family knowing.

But I'm sure I'll probably break down and post one or two soon

8. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@dominobee: Hope you're feeling better soon! I bought two but so far haven't used them (but also ended up walking a lot less on vacation than I thought).

Popping in to say hello from Hawaii! Really missing my Snoogle and sleeping pretty terribly from combo jet lag and not having the pillow. Regular pillows don't work for me - I move too much and they just end up everywhere but where I need them. When I arrived on Thursday, I contemplated buying one just to use here it was that bad, but no local store had them and Amazon Prime couldn't deliver till Tuesday (even with a $25 upcharge) so I decided to just make the best of it.

So far baby has done a snorkel cruise and a helicopter tour and been fine with both! We tried to do a hike but it was too wet/slick and dh was totally freaking out that I would fall and hurt her. I do think I am trending back towards not loving food though, especially in the evenings. Oh well...

9. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@skiierchck99: I feel you on the food thing. I just get too full, like there's no where to put it. Add on top of that the heartburn and the hair-trigger indigestion and stuffing my face just isn't very appealing.

10. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@skiierchck99: @dominobee: nighttime eating is unpleasant over here too. I've taken to eating a snack around 3/3:30pm. a small dinner. and sometimes popcorn in the evenings. If I eat too much at dinner I feel awful for the rest of the night.

11. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@bushelandapeck: @dominobee: @skiierchck99: I had a few days last week where I got sick in the am and I was like nooooooooooooo!!! Thankfully ok again. I have been so so hungry and feeling bad in the am bc I wasn’t eating enough for bfast I guess. Added an egg to my usual bfast today and felt much better (but was stilling totally starved by lunchtime despite various snacks in between and the fact that my teacher lunch is at 11am).

@skiierchck99: sounds like an awesome time in Hawaii!

12. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Most people say they feel their babies kick most at night, but I definitely feel them most in the afternoon. And as they grow, I start to feel them more and more all during the day. But yesterday in particular, I felt lots of rolls and twists allll afternoon and evening long. It's so wonderful!

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I'm still not regularly feeling movement, but when I do feel it, it's usually after eating. Sometimes I'll feel a bit at night, but this baby seems to like food more than anything else.

Judging by ultrasounds and dopplers, he's pretty much always moving. But I only really feel it once or twice a day when he really turns over or makes big moves.

14. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: I use to feel my baby mostly in the morning, but lately it has switched to the evenings. I'll get into bed to relax, and baby decides it's the perfect time to start kicking and punching. I feel like when he has super active nights he is less active in the morning the next day.

15. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: I think I am probably feeling it more since there's two and they're running out of space more quickly. I had the same experience, during earlier ultrasounds they were moving a ton but I couldn't feel it at all! Now I feel them all day long.

@tionn3: I think it's so sweet to think of them snoozing away when there's no movement at all. I think I'm finally past the constant worry that something will go wrong! Now I just want them to stay in there cooking for as close to 40 weeks as possible!

16. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I think i'm not feeling much yet because of the anterior placenta. Using the doppler, pretty much the only movements I hear AND feel are the ones that actually move the doppler.

17. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: I have two anterior placentas too! But my uterus is already so stretched I think they have no option but to kick me, haha. I love it so much.

18. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Anyone having Braxton Hicks? I finally realized that’s what the occasional tight feeling in my belly is. Nice to know things are progressing normally and my body’s doing what it should!

19. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: yes! I’ve been having them consistently since probably 18-ish weeks? Usually more when I haven’t had enough water or do something strenuous but they happen all the time these days.

Last week of the second trimester for me! Will try to remember to post a pic later

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Woo! So exciting! We’re doing it ladies!

My good friend lost a baby at 24 weeks so mentally that is my hurdle. But I think I’ll really feel more confident once I get to 26/27.

21. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I think I was turned 23 weeks yesterday.... still so much more to go.
    MIL asked me for the 2nd time today how much weight I gained. I brushed it off and said I didn't know, no big deal, and she repeated, and so I said airly with a fake smile, "You know that's the 2nd time you've asked?" and left the room (I was bringing stuff back and forth from the garage anyway. ) It's not a big deal to me, but really, it's not an appropriate question to ask anyone, and she should learn that.

FWIW I did the math and it's 17 lbs. Whatever. Everyone is different, and 17lbs looks different on different bodies. If I gain another 17 (for the next 17 weeks) then it will be 34 lbs, which is within the "healthy" range. I have a feel it will be more, though... my appetite has only been increasing these days!!

I got the glucose drink to do at my next appt too. Last time I had to go do it start-to-finish at a testing place, so the laid-back nature of "drink it yourself, come in after an hour" is a lil weird. I'm also going to start testing my blood sugar here and there between now and then, since I learned how during PCOS diagnosis. I'd like to have some insight of what's going on and what to expect.

22. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@DesertDreams88: yeah, absolutely not something anyone should be asking you! Interesting that you take the drink on your own. I have to take the drink and then wait for my appt on Tues. It’s going to be a long morning!

23. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@DesertDreams88: ugh that's obnoxious of your MIL, I'm sorry. It sounds like you handled it perfectly though.
    I think I have gained the same (and about 23 weeks too). Honestly I've been surprised to see the number on the scale at every appointment bc I don't feel like I've gained much (or like my eating is bad). Our bodies just are doing what they want to do!

@bushelandapeck: @DesertDreams88: My dr has you drink it there too. I have a regular appointment beforehand so I'm going to have to see if I can at least get the drink before my appointment so I don't have to wait the full hour after! I'm doing it in the am and taking the day off after, I felt pretty gross afterward the firs time (and just barely failed so hopefully doing it before a day of eating helps).

24. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

So when we had our first, we were DIY renovating our house and her room wasn't even ready for habitation until she was 8 months old. And we just finally did her closet (in what will be her and LO2s shared room) TODAY. I am so excited to finally have a closet and to have done some real baby organization. All these boxes of clothes have been in various places throughout our house so it was crazy to see them all tougher - we definitely don't need ANY clothes. Perks of having two girls with due dates 4 days apart

Anyone else doing any nesting or organization? What about nurseries!!?

25. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@petitenoisette: looks great!! I’ve been going through our baby stuff and preparing to purge the girl clothes that I’m not saving for DD. I have 5 tubs of clothes from birth-2T. I have the baby boy clothes sorted but will probably wash them before putting them away. I also have to wash our cloth diapers as I am hoping to
    Use them this time around (didn’t with DD). We actually have some organizers coming this week to help me move rooms around so I’m hoping that will make it easier to get motivated! We at rushing DSs room which was also his nursery so I won’t really be decorating much. Should be pretty easy

26. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@petitenoisette: Looks great! We haven't really started on the nursery yet. My mom is going to buy the cribs but I don't think she's pulled the trigger yet (probably searching endlessly for the best bargain). In the meantime the nursery is still the guest room, so we need to move the guest bed into the office to make for a verryyyy cozy guest bedroom/office combo. DH is just now feeling back to normal after breaking 7 ribs so hopefully we can get that taken care of by next weekend. I'd love to get the nursery setup.

The only thing we really have completed is car seats. We need four bases and two seats/carriers and have finally found everything for waaayyyy cheaper on Craigslist. So it's nice to have that taken care of, since it was sort of a puzzle trying to find everything in the right make/model and quantity. We also found the double stroller that takes the carriers, so all in all we spent $215 on $660 worth of stuff.

We did go through my and my brother's baby clothes that my grandpa had given me. Saved a few of the girl items that will work for boys and lots of the boy clothes which are just so retro and adorable. Put aside some of the cuter/more useful girl clothes for a pregnant friend who's having a girl and then took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill. All the boy clothes are washed and put away since they mostly start at 3 or 6 months, not really any newborn clothes in there.

I also need to figure out what brand of reusable diaper I want to go with. A friend swears by Charlie Banana and showed me how they work so I'm leaning toward those. Her 2-year-old is wearing the same diapers she wore as a newborn because they're extremely adjustable. I'm just too much of an eco-geek to give in to disposables right away without at least trying the reusable ones, even with twins. Maybe I'm nuts, we'll see!

Baby registry is 90% done (just a few more things to add) and 1 of 2 baby showers is scheduled for 12/10.

Next growth ultrasound is on Halloween - I'm wearing this shirt that I bought for my Halloween costume, haha!

27. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

Sorry for the humongous pictures, I was just really excited this weekend to finally have the room done after over 2.5 years! Though you can see that the baseboard still needs to be added to the closet so I guess it's not truly done

@bushelandapeck: I'll need to sort through stuff too, I think there are like 7 bins of clothing there through 2T! That seemed overwhelming for now so I will sort as she grows into things since it's otherwise organized and there is a place for it.

That's so cool you have organizers coming, hopefully they will be a big help!

@bushelandapeck: @dominobee: re: cloth diapers, also hoping to have better success this time. We used them a fair amount from age 3-9 months and then sporadically. My daughter has always had trouble with getting pee-related diaper rashes (she's sensitive to various foods) and so I finally gave up. Hopefully will be easier with this baby. Domino, I don't think you're crazy to do them with twins, I found one of the hardest part was going through enough diapers to wash them before they started to get stinky So you won't have any problems there! Though I don't bother with them until after the newborn days. I figure every time I used a cloth diaper was one less diaper in a landfill so better than nothing.

@dominobee: That's a great deal you got on the carseats and stroller! Nice work! And I love your costume and shirt I was a pumpkin at the Halloween party we went to yesterday

28. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: love the costume and way to go with the bargain hunting!
    @petitenoisette: @dominobee: We used cloth exclusively with my son but when my daughter was born and he was still in diapers I just couldn't get it together to wash that much extra laundry. Now that DD is potty trained I think it will be easy enough to use cloth again. As for brands, I loved my Bum Genius Freetimes and 4.0's. I have a few other random ones but those were the easiest for everyone to use, I think.

29. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@petitenoisette: That's a huge closet! The one in our nursery is closer to the size of the one you have the totes in.

I've washed clothes that don't have tags (a couple hand me downs and things from ThreadUp). When we redid the floors, I had DH move a bookshelf from our kitchen to the baby's room, so there's a shelf of books, some toys and clothes on top, and a basket of freebies I've gotten (mostly the amazon welcome box)

The room is currently my sewing room, so I'm slowly working on moving stuff out of there and into the guest rooms.

30. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Should we start a separate nursery thread? That might be kind of cool, to have it all in one place. I have some pics of sorting through our clothes stash.... the nursery will be the same though, sharing with LO1 who will be 2. I'm nervous about the sharing but one step at a time, bc LO2 will be in our room for awhile.

31. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@petitenoisette: Looks great! I have done...nothing, lol. I have a bunch of furniture which is all crammed in with the guest room furniture still. Have some clothes that I have washed but not put away. Feeling SO behind after the week of vacation and like I have a million things to do, ack!

@bushelandapeck: Would love details on the organizers! I am so disorganized...I have been saying for weeks (months!) that I need to sort out and pack my non-maternity friendly clothes but I still haven't and I am inundated by clothes.

@dominobee: Glad you could find some things on CL! We bought our bassinest on CL because I could not justify the price new for such a limited use item. May look for the stroller too if nobody ends up buying it for us. DH is strongly anti-cloth diaper (which, knowing our life and organization makes sense) so I am looking for a more eco friendly disposable. Have 3 to try to start.

In other news - I made it back from vacation! We had a wonderful week, but I was saying on the overnight plane ride home that the travel always undoes the trip for me, haha. I couldn't sleep at all between being a different shape, sitting upright, and getting a wicked case of restless leg syndrome, so I had to take the morning off to come home to nap. Feeling all the pressure now to get all the things done in the next few weeks!

32. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@skiierchck99: They are helping me to organize a storage space/room we have above our master bedroom and then also helping me move furniture around. We are moving my son from his current room to the guest room and then the baby will be in my sons old room. They are also setting up the crib and taking apart the bed in the guest room. I have a ton of crap in the storage space and never the ambition to do anything about it, so I figured the baby coming is as good a reason as any to pay someone to help me! haha. This company did a free estimate and then provided me with a written contract/estimate for what they will be doing. A couple of the other places I called wanted a fee upfront just for coming out and developing a plan, and then charged an hourly rate for the work. I didn't want to pay that miuch so this was a better option. I'll let you know how it turns out after Thursday!

Also, we did score a practically new Pottery Barn rocking chair (one of the fabric ones) for $75 on the local yardsale site for my town. And the owner is even going to deliver it to me! My daughter still likes us to read in her chair so I had to find something else for the nursery. Hopefully it fits in the space we have.

33. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Had my 24 week appointment today and it went well. The midwife reordered my liver enzyme tests because she thought they may have been elevated because I had norovirus about a week before getting them drawn. The bile acid lab came back normal, so for now no cholestasis of pregnancy. Got my glucose and anemia labs ordered too.

I'm just starting to get into nesting mode. I have a plan to paint the guest bedroom green for our nursery and to move all the furniture out and sell it in the near future. My mom ordered me a crib blanket, and I've got my eye on a crib that my Husband's grandma said she would like to get for us, so I think I'm going to order that this week !

34. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Tionn3: Ugh. I'm so sorry you got norovirus. I lived through that once and it was the worst!

35. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@MaryM: It was seriously awful! I even went to the hospital because I was so scared I got food poisoning, but then a couple other family members and our roommate got it as well. I also got a rash confirming it was probably viral not bacterial. I was seriously not my self for about a week. So glad to be feeling better now!

36. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Tionn3: I work at a university and we've had it go around a few times. Most times I was ok.

I thought I got food poisoning when I had it, but then two coworkers also got the exact same thing. I went to the ER because I was pregnant at the time (my first pregnancy, that I ended up losing early) and my fever got high. I tested negative for the flu, but they didn't think to test for norovirus.

37. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Tionn3: glad to hear your appt went well and they aren't calling it cholestasis of pregnancy at this point. Will you still need more monitoring and potential induction?

Glucose test tomorrow AM and I am already dreading not being able to eat what I want between now and then. Maybe that means I should be laying off the sweets

38. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@bushelandapeck: My feet stopped itching after only 4 days, and if the liver enzymes go back to normal, then I imagine the case will be closed =].

39. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

DH & I got norovirus in March and we actually were hospitalized partially due to severity but also partially due to being 8 hours away from home, with our toddler, and seriously thought 1 or 2 of us might pass out from dehydration in our hotel room.

Glucose testing.... mine is in 3 weeks, but I'm checking on my blood sugar here and there via a monitor. So far, so good. My family jokes that since I eat so much carbs, my body is just a pro at handling it. Here's to hoping that lasts!

As for cloth diapering, we LOVE our cloth diapers. We use Bumgenius Freetimes and Flips. We have quite a collection bc I fell in love with the colors and prints LO2 will be well-stocked for sure. Ages 0-12m it was 2 extra loads of laundry per week (NBD) and now it is only 1 extra load, bc he goes "out" much more often and I gave up trying to make cloth last overnight. I does save a ton of money because you can get a full set & accessories for about $500 total, and it def lasts for 2 kids. @dominobee: my twin mama friend CDed her twins and swore it saved her tons of money, and the laundry was manageable.

40. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Tionn3: glad to hear better news about the cholestasis stuff!

@bushelandapeck: I'm already dreading my est and it's 3 weeks away, haha I had to schedule it for 4pm, so, I don't get to eat a normal lunch, booo. that is so cool about a company coming to help arrange things.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee