Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Glad it’s not choleostasis!

2. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: Mine's in three weeks too! Glad it's before Thanksgiving and not after

3. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@bushelandapeck: Ah got it - for some reason I was thinking of some kind of physical organizer system like from IKEA or something. Jet lag is real
    @MaryM: @DesertDreams88: Mine is in two weeks! Gosh I hope I don't fail.
    @Tionn3: Glad to hear encouraging news!

4. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@skiierchck99: haha! Not, not quite that organized

Back from my appointment. Drink was gross but tolerable. Had my TDap shot and regular weight and BP checks. My OB has me coming wvery 3 weeks now which is strange and unlike my previous two pregnancies, but oh well. Next appt is actually in 2 weeks on 11-14 because we will be in FL the following week.

5. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I got my flu shot today. I don't remember them hurting this much!

6. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: Yes, it really hurt this year! I remember thinking man if this hurts childbirth will be fun. And then the next day it felt like I'd been punched in the arm. Fun times

7. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@petitenoisette: By the time I got home, my whole body was sore. I'm not sure if it was from being in worse than usual traffic, but I was walking like an old woman when I got out of the car!

8. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@MaryM: @petitenoisette: I had a terrible TDap experience a few years ago where I think (self-diagnosed) the doctor administered it in the wrong place - likely in the bursar sac not the muscle. It's apparently more common in women because we're shorter with less arm muscle. I couldn't comfortable lift and use my arm for months. I've been really anxious about getting shots ever since!

9. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: mine hurt for two days this time! I don't remmeber it ever hurting that much before.

On another note, I failed my glucose test by 6pts. Boo. I haven't received a call yet but I checked my test online and I'm sure I'll need to do the 3 hour test now. I had considered not eating a banana with my breakfast yesterday but decided it wouldn't be that big of a deal since it's something I eat everyday and the test was 4 hours after I had breakfast (with nothing else eaten in between). Apparently not! I failed it by 1 pt with my son and had to take the 3 hour which totally sucked.

10. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@Bushelandapeck: I failed my one hour too by a few points too. Just took the 3 hour test on Saturday and am still waiting for the results. I did suck. I passed the time with binge watching on my phone.

11. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Honeydew: Ugh. I sure hope you do! I don't think my office is open on the weekend so I'll have to figure out a day to carve out 4 hours (with travel time) to take it.

12. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

My arm was sore for at least a full day after the flu shot, too ; ( but DH got the flu when LO1 was a newborn and the ped scared me.about it so we were separately quarantined for 5 days and it sucked sooooo I want to avoid as much flu as possible!! He got flu b that year which wasn't in the vaccine.

I read yesterday that about 20% of pregnant women fail the first GD test... that's a lot!

I've checked my blood sugar twice this week and it was good both times, so fingers crossed. Not checking today due to Halloween candy, haha...

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: How do you know if your levels are ok? Is there a chart or something you reference?

I've considered borrowing a monitor from DH (he has type 1.5) and checking mine to see how much I need to back off the sugar. But I think I'm sort of scared by what I'll see!

14. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MaryM: these are the charts that I used, my diabetic friend vouched for the numbers and taught me how to check my blood sugar. I bought the supplies when I was diagnosed with PCOS, just to monitor how I was doing on Metformin.

15. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: Thanks!

16. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

Scheduled the 3 hour for first thing Tuesday morning. I'm going to be VERY good about the candy intake in the days leading up to the test.

17. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck @honeydew: Boo! Hope the 3 hour goes better for you.

I'm planning to really limit carbs & sugar the day before and morning of my test. Hopefully it works.

18. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Got a peek at the boys yesterday for my 24 week growth scan. Both are within the normal size range. A is at the 36th percentile and B is at the 48th, though I've read these in utero measurements can be wildly inaccurate. Just glad to know they're both healthy and growing. B was facing away from us most of the time so it was hard to get a profile shot.

19. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: Great pictures!

I might have just ordered my third (yes, third) pregnancy pillow.

I'm still waking up so sore, whether I sleep with just my snoogle, or ALL.THE.PILLOWS. So I'm going to try a wedge under my stomach to see if that helps my hips.

20. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: aww, great pictures!

21. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Any updates?? Next appts? I just have a regular appt tomorrow; I think they’ll just be listening to the HB on the Doppler.

February Mamas

1/25: Bushelandapeck (#3 )
    2/4: Ladydi (#2 )
    2/5: Honeydew (#2 )
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1 )
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1 ), Drea1016 (#2), Tosun (#3 )
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2 ), beachlilly (#1 )
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2 ), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 ), petitenoisette (#2 )
    2/28: Ergggg (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2 )

Appointments

11/2: theotherstark

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

I feel out of the loop since I was gone for so long Still throwing up in the mornings and feeling kind of crummy throughout the day, so that’s fun. Otherwise, it’s been fun feeling the stronger movement! My little guy loves to move.

23. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@theotherstark: 28 wks/ glucose test on 11/22.

24. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@theotherstark: Sorry to hear you are still throwing up in the mornings. Mine has reduced to ~3 times a week now, thanks to Diclegis. Hope you feel better soon.

25. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@theotherstark: My next appointment is 11/20 for the GD test. I'm hoping the OB might be willing to do an ultrasound since it will have been 6 weeks since our last one. We haven't gone more than 3 or 4 weeks without one so far, and I'm starting to get more anxious.

26. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@bushelandapeck: Oh no, bummer about the glucose test. I feel like I know a lot of women who failed the 1 hour but only one of my friends has actually had gestational diabetes. I just took mine this morning so fingers crossed!

@dominobee: Your boys take such great pictures!

My OB told me this morning that at my next appointment I can schedule my c section....I had an emergency c section with my first, so my plan right now is to schedule a c section around or shortly after my due date, but if I go into labor before that to try to VBAC. Eek! Her saying that made everything feel very really all of a sudden.

27. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@theotherstark: I have a regular appointment 11/9 and my glucose 12/6!
    Ugh, I'm sorry you are still getting sick. Was it like that with your first? Do you feel ok after that?

@dominobee: Hey boys! Looking good.

28. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: awesome pictures!!

@theotherstark: sorry you’re still throwing up! I actually have too, but just once in a while when my reflux gets too bad.
    I have a 3 hour glucose test on 11/7 and a regular OB appt on 11/14.

@LadyDi: I hope you pass! Do you have a date you’d like to have the baby on? If I could chose I would probably go with 2/2 or 2/4 but I love even numbers

29. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@theotherstark: I'm really sorry you are still sick, that sounds super miserable I puked last night for the first time in awhile - I think because baby decided to burrow into my stomach after dinner - and discovered at going on 30 weeks the lovely new reality that the baby bump now makes it impossible to bend over the toilet. Adding that one to the "pregnancy glamour files."

@dominobee: Hey cuties So sweet!

@MaryM: I hope they'll do the US!

30. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@periwinklebee: Not quite as gross, but we just had a talk about ADA accessibility at work following a meeting about how some things are going to have to change during a construction project.

I brought up how it's only getting harder to wash my hands. Our soap dispensers are mounted behind the sinks...and the sinks are in like 4 foot deep vanities. I have to stand sideways to reach the soap, and then it's getting hard to reach the faucet and water. And this building was JUST renovated like two years ago...so they totally should have thought of these things! There's an accessible stall, but they totally overlooked the sinks. Other shorter people chimed in that they'd noticed the same thing

31. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@LadyDi: That's so real to be scheduling your c-section soon! I also had a c-section with my first and want to try for a VBAC but I have been getting nervous! I know what recovering from a c-section is like, you know? That sounds like a good plan that you have though.

32. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@periwinklebee: Such glamour! I avoided visiting my in-laws all throughout my morning sickness (4 hour drive) and then right before we went to visit them a couple weeks ago I got sick a few times in the am. That made me nervous- I'm sorry but my own toilet is gross enough (That's the title of my pregnancy memoir ). Thankfully I ended up being ok during the visit. Hopefully it was just a random getting sick and won't happen to you again!

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Think I got all the updates! sorry, I’m still jet-lagged Let me know if I missed anything.

February Mamas

1/25: Bushelandapeck (#3 )
    2/4: Ladydi (#2 )
    2/5: Honeydew (#2 )
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1 )
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1 ), Drea1016 (#2), Tosun (#3 )
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2 ), beachlilly (#1 )
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2 ), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 ), petitenoisette (#2 )
    2/28: Ergggg (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2 )

Appointments

11/7: Bushelandapeck (3 hr glucose)
    11/9: petitenoisette
    11/14: Bushelandapeck
    11/20: MaryM (glucose)
    11/22: Tosun (glucose)
    11/30: theotherstark
    12/6: petitenoisette (glucose)

34. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@tosun: glad you aren’t getting sick as often!! That’s great.

@LadyDi: so crazy - that definitely makes it more real! And it sounds like you have a good plan.

@petitenoisette: yes, I threw up almost every day of my first pregnancy, so I knew what I was getting into. Just hoped maybe this time would miraculously different It’s okay, not a big deal, though.

@bushelandapeck: sorry you have to do the 3 hour test. I’m keeping my fingers crossed you don’t have GD, but still a bummer that you have to go in for the longer test!!

@periwinklebee: ha, yeah. Ugh, I’m sorry. Yeah, pregnancy glamour files, for sure.

@MaryM: that sounds so frustrating!! Bah, I’m sorry.

35. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: ugh, that sounds annoying - I haven't had the sink issue, but the stalls in the bathroom at work are tiny and it's getting to be more of a squeeze to get the door open past the bump, despite the fact that constant peeing is giving me lots of practice

@petitenoisette: "my own toilet is gross enough", hah, I love it! I want to read that memoir!

36. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@bushelandapeck: I am liking 2/2...plus it's exactly one week before my birthday.

@petitenoisette: I am nervous too, for basically every labor option. I am nervous to have a VBAC and deal with a whole new kind of recovery, nervous to try to VBAC and end up with a c section anyway, nervous to have a c section and then be trying to deal with a toddler and a newborn while recovering. I think about it all of the time.

37. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@theotherstark: , I have an appointment for November 21st for glucose testing

38. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@theotherstark: How was your trip to Greece?
    I have an appt on 11/7 another ultrasound to see if my Placenta previa moved and Accretia cured itself. *Crossing fingers*

39. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@LadyDi: I also had an emergency C with my first and my full term baby was in the NICU for 16 days. I consulted with my OB and she agreed that we should to a scheduled C. I scheduled that when I was 14 weeks along (crazy). I'm not thrilled that I'm not going to try for a VBAC, but from my friends who've had scheduled C's they said it was much easier and they knew and planned for recovery.

40. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@Honeydew: I have heard from a lot of people that second C sections are easier. It's crazy you have yours scheduled already!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee