Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@petitenoisette: Neither DH or I have maternity/paternity leave, so we're saving up vacation time for when the baby is born. If we do anything babymoonish, it'll have to be a long weekend within driving distance (which we're used to, because he never had vacation time until this past year)

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Honeydew: so neat! We are going to Santorini also. Any recommendations for when we are there?

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@petitenoisette: that Christmas present for your husband sounds so fun! As does your annual VT trip!

4. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@theotherstark: If you are looking for beaches: Akortiri/Red sand beach is relaxing and beautiful. Perissa/Black sand beach is vibrant, young, and fun.

The wineries are beautiful, the best view is Santo Winery.

We took the Thalessa boat to the Caldera from Thira and hiked the Caldera and swam the hot springs and watched the sunset (gorgeous).

Oia is a beautiful little town with amazing views of the island.

I'm so jealous that you are going. It will be a blast. Santorini is such a beautiful place.

If you are stopping in Athens, get sandals made at http://www.melissinos-poet.com/eng/ I still have 2 pairs and love them.

5. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@theotherstark: Have an amazing time on your trip! I am sure it will be beautiful.

We're doing a weekend away in Boston in November for a mini-babymoon. Neither I or DH has ever been so I am excited and just starting to plan now.

6. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@LadyDi: That's exciting! I lived in Boston for 5 years (only recently moved to suburb outside) and would be happy to give advice/pointers when you start planning!

@MaryM: Yeah I am realizing I should have saved more for after baby so I could stay home longer...live and learn!

7. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

So I did a good amount of lifting on Saturday before and after our yard sale. I didn't lift anything that was a serious strain (a co-worker and her husband came over to help w/ the heaviest items) but it was still a lot of lifting and carrying over the course of the day. We had to get everything set up and then we had to take what didn't sell to Goodwill and the construction salvage place. Anyway, I was sore at the end of the day, particularly in my pelvic floor, and it's now 3 days later and I'm still sore. I hope I didn't do any serious damage. Any thoughts? Will this pain go away? I'm kicking myself for not asking the midwife yesterday. I'll note that I did lift everything safely, bending at the knees instead of leaning over, not that I can really lean over very far anymore.

8. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: I think you are fine! Pregnant or not I will be sore for days if I use a lot of muscles that I am not used to using. Just use as a reminder to take it easier from now on if necessary!

9. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I agree with @petitenoisette that you’re probably fine, just overdid it. Each time as I’ve gotten bigger and farther along my muscles seem to hurt more with less exertion. Probably good to take it easy if you can, especially with twins! I wouldn’t hesitate to call your midwife if you have any concerns though!

10. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck @petitenoisette: Thanks ladies! I will definitely be taking it easier. So glad that big task is done! We still need to move our guest bed and desk but I'm probably going to ask some friends to come over and help us.

11. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Honeydew: thank you for the recs!!

@LadyDi: thank you!

And I hope no one got the wrong idea. Ha. We had planned this family trip since before we knew I was pregnant Not specifically a ‘babymoon’ or whatever. Just happened to work out that way, although we were trying so we picked a place with no Zika.

12. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@LadyDi: Love Boston! We lived in Cambridge for three years when my husband was in law school. Such a beautiful part of the country, and lots of fun things to do.

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: I am sure you are fine! I’ve found that I stay sore a bit longer these days, too. And since the babies are getting heavier on your muscles and ligaments, everything is getting a bit more strained. Just try to take it easy, and remember to drink lots of water.

14. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@skiierchck99: Thanks, I would definitely take any recommendations...especially on places to eat and best/most walkable location to stay.

15. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Oof... anybody else's skin hurt? I'm just stretching soooo fast with these two little guys. It feels so so tight. I moisturize with apricot oil on the regular but it's still so uncomfortable. I can't believe I still have 4 months of growth ahead of me (exactly 4 months from my due date today!) Of course I do hope they stay in as long as possible but OOF.

16. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Well, I'm officially freaking out. I had really bad itchy feet at night for the last couple of days starting last weekend so I told my midwife. She ordered a choleostasis of pregnancy blood panel and I've gotten 2 of the 4 bloods back and they were bad =[ Both my liver enzymes are elevated. So now I'm freaking out after I've read everything online about choleostasis of pregnancy. The bile acids lab is apparently what they use to make the diagnosis and it takes 1 -2 weeks to get back ( have no idea why), so I'm waiting until then. If it is high they will probably put me on medication, monitor me closely, and induce me at 37 weeks

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: Oh man, I bet you’re stretching so quickly! I use Earth Mama body butter on my belly, and I love it. I figure stretch marks will come if they come, but I do think it makes my skin feel not as tight/more supple. I think last pregnancy I used the Burt’s Bees belly cream? I personally tend to like creams over oils, though.

18. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Tionn3: ugh, that is so stressful and scary. I’m so sorry. I was going to say that PUPPs can also cause itching, but if some of the results are already in and not looking good, then never mind. Bah, I am really sorry. It’s frustrating that it takes so long to get the results back. I know a fair amount of women here on HB have had cholestasis, so hopefully you can get some good support.

19. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Dang, I’m really sorry to hear that. Wishing you and the little one the best.

20. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Tionn3: oh my! I’m sorry to hear you’re going through this. I’m sure it’s very scary. I hope the other tests come back okay and that you are able to find some relief form the symptoms.

21. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Tionn3: I'm sorry you've had such a stressful thing happen! It seems so early to have to worry about things like cholestasis. But hopefully it's good that if it is that, they know about it so early so you can be followed closely.

22. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@TIONN3: Hope that your test come back ok.

23. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

Yesterday took the 1 hr glucose test. Got a call this morning and I guess my levels were slightly elevated. Boo. Gotta go back for the 3 hr test.

Probably shouldn't have scheduled it so close to my husband and I's birthdays. I ate so many cupcakes and cake this week. Oops.

And I just bought a brownie for later Feel super guilty.

24. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@Tionn3: I'm sorry, that sounds so stressful. I hope your other test results come back quickly.

25. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@Honeydew: I had the same thing happen the first time. Good luck on the 3 hour, I won't lie, I found it to be a real doozy. Make sure to bring stuff to distract you, including headphones.

26. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@theotherstark: @dominobee: @bushelandapeck: @MaryM: @petitenoisette: @Honeydew: Thanks guys. I talked with my friend who is an OBGYN and she looked at my liver enzyme results and said they were only mildly elevated, and that they won't make a definitive diagnosis until the bile acids come back next week. She didn't seem concerned, and told me they would probably monitor my levels closely and do some fetal stress tests and induce at 37 weeks, which I guess is considered early term, I guess that made me feel better. Just gotta stay positive till next week. I also imagine if my liver enzymes were that bad my midwife would call me but I haven't had anyone call me yet.

27. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Honeydew: I failed the first time with my son too. Passed the 3 hour just fine but it was awful. Kept myself busy with a book/iPad with some shows. When is yours scheduled for?

28. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

When are most people doing the glucose test? My doctor doesn't schedule it until 28 weeks. Is that late?

29. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: mine is 10/31 and I’ll be two days shy of 28w. They say between 24-28w I believe.

30. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: I figured it was coming up soon and asked when it would be at my 20w appointment. I was kind of surprised when he said it wasn't until 28!

31. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: it does seem kinda late to me too! I’m also getting the TDap shot at that appointment. Should be lots of fun

32. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: Mine said the Tdap would be even later (30something?)

I only brought it up so DH could hear directly from the OB that HE needed the Tdap and flu shots (I knew he'd blow me off).

Once the OB was on to what I was up to, he looked at DH and said "Well, how much do you love this baby?"

33. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: I don’t know what the timing of the TDap usually is. I feel like it was later with my other two but she said it would be the next appt so who knows!

34. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@bushelandapeck: I just scheduled it for 10/28 at 8:15am. Hopefully they have good wifi.

35. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Soooo I don’t think my pelvic pain is entirely related to carrying stuff last weekend because it’s still persisting and getting worse. I think it’s just these two babies weighing down on my pelvic floor. A woman in my birth class suggested a belly band but I didn’t ask her what brand she likes. Any recommendations?

36. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: that makes sense. I haven't used a band but know many moms who have. Let me see if I can find out if there is a preferred one. You could ask your midwife as well, they might even have one!

37. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: I did leave a message for the midwife just to let her know about the pain and see if it's normal and if there's anything I can do about it. It's really bad. I'm having a hard time even moving around a whole lot.

38. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I had a friend who had Symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD) during her pregnancy. It was awful for her and I think she ended up having to do PT while pregnant and afterwards.

39. tosun

pea / 20 posts

40. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@tosun: Thanks for the suggestions!

I just talked to the midwife and she called in a prescription for a custom fit maternity belt. Hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee