Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: so glad everything went well!!

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@petitenoisette: my husband suggested a name that we both really like, and we talked about a middle name, too. We aren’t 100% decided, though, and we definitely will wait until we meet him to decide the name works. So, it’s still a work in progress here, too.

3. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@petitenoisette: We just started our list of names yesterday! I felt it was premature (and a waste of energy) to really get into the name conversation until we knew the sexes. Picking out one boy name and one girl name is one thing, picking out combinations of both or two of each is a whole other ballgame! It is fun to start this list though I have to question how seriously DH is taking it since he put names like "Prince" and "Diamond" on the list - along with actual realistic names like Corey and Christopher. LOL!

So far my favorites include: Cameron, Charlie, Max and Everett. But who knows what else will get added to the list in the next four months!

4. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

A singer I really like is coming to town to perform Jan. 9. That's a full 6 weeks before my due date... crazy to buy tickets though? I guess we can always sell them if we end up not being able to go.

5. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@dominobee: Was going to say that seems fine until I remembered...TWINS! I'd say go for it though if you're prepared to eat the loss if they don't sell. Who is it?

6. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@skiierchck99: St. Vincent. I think she's just a genius!

7. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: If it's a sit down venue, I'd do it. Otherwise, I'd be hesitant.

Our wedding band is playing at a local club over Thanksgiving and I got excited, but realized with no chance to sit down, I'd probably be miserable (so I didn't bother to even tell DH about it)

8. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Good point!

9. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I ate a half a pizza for lunch (well, a half a frozen pizza...but it was rather large).

I feel like I haven't eaten anything at all.

10. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@MaryM: Happened to me at dinner last night...ate a full dinner, immediately was starving. Ended up going out for ice cream with DH. It will be interesting to see this week at my appointment if my weight gain is now too high....I find I am ravenous all the time!

11. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@skiierchck99: I haven't been too worried about weight gain (I lost in the first tri, so I've only gained 3 overall)...but now I'm worried about it catching up with me!

I realized when I stopped for gas this morning I don't have my bank card on me, so I can't go out for a snack. I have oatmeal in my desk, so that might have to hold me over

12. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@MaryM: Oatmeal sounds great right now! Carb-a-licious! I am also secretly worried that I will end up with GD and just be hungry for the rest of the pregnancy.

13. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM @skiierchk99: Don't worry ladies, soon your belly will be so big that you will feel full after every tiny nibble and have to go back to those first tri snack-size meals. I'd LOVE to stuff my face if I could. Speaking to you from the future as I'm the same size as the woman in my birth class who is fully 7 months pregnant.

Also, now I want frozen pizza.

14. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@skiierchck99: I'm starting to worry about GD too. Probably because it's the next big hurdle test wise since we got passed the anatomy scan.

But I'm thinking since I'm already gluten free, maybe I have less to worry about? (Though I still do probably eat too many fake-bread products)

15. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

AH! I'm so excited! I have a pregnant friend!

Some friends just announced they're due in March (exactly one month after me). Since my SIL delivered last month, I didn't know anyone else currently pregnant. I'm so excited to have to someone to share the experience with! (And someone to commiserate with during maternity leave!)

16. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

I've been totally MIA lately but it's been fun to catch up on all the posts I've missed!!

I'm 21 weeks today and have finally started feeling a lot more movement in the last week and a half or so. We found out during our 20 week ultrasound that my placenta is anterior which I think is muffling lots of the movement.

Baby Boy looked perfect at the anatomy scan and it was such a relief to see him and know that he is growing and healthy. And we have a name! Bennett Thomas

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: yay for pregnant friends! It’s always nice to have someone you can go through it with in person.

@jodyblair: glad everything looked good! I love that name; both have been names on my list in the past.

18. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: I’m eating a frozen pizza tonight! Thanks for the inspiration!

PS I found out I can sit in the ADA section with one guest. Woohoo!!

19. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@jodyblair: Congrats on the AS! Such a relief, I know.

I'm leaving one week from today to visit Kauai, HI for a week and I cannot wait! Sort of an overdue vacation/last hurrah in one. Doing Hawaii mostly because the Caribbean was out but really looking forward to a vacation even if I can't do as many things as I normally might. Anyone else planning something pre-baby?

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@skiierchck99: That sounds awesome! We had a vacation in August to the seashore. Now just focused on nesting and getting ready for our babies!

Feeling very "belly" today (yes this is an adjective now). I can also feel my skin stretching, like these brief subtle little pin pricks. It's a new sensation and I have to say I don't love it! But I do love that I can feel the boys moving more and more. I felt some actual kicks in the last couple of days but unfortunately DH wasn't around when they happened. Can't wait to share this part of pregnancy with him!

21. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: How fun is it to be able to say "the boys"?

22. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: So fun!

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

You know you're a pregnant lady when... you get mad at your husband for wanting to eat half of your frozen pizza.

To be fair, he had already eaten dinner - a frozen eggplant parm dish that I was planning to bring for lunch the next day. But he ate 1/4 of my frozen pizza and I was like, okay whatever, then when he said he was going back for more I was like "Not so fast mister!" In total he ate 3/8 of my pizza which I suppose is acceptable but just BARELY.

24. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: DH knows better than to eat something I've been looking forward to! Thankfully, we have pretty different tastes in food so it rarely happens.

So, since I talked to DH about getting photos in time to have them for Christmas...it looks like we're getting them taken next weekend. That's a bit earlier than I was thinking! But I'll take what I can get.

25. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: He didn't know I was planning on eating it, but last time he went to the grocery he bought two of them, and pointed it out to me, so I felt like it was implied that one was for him and one was for me.

I'm sure you'll look great in the pics. Have fun!

26. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Now I just have to figure out what to wear...which is hard enough when not pregnant!

My SIL gave me a maxi shirt I'm considering. And I just bought a maxi dress on sale from the Gap. But the dress is pink and I'm not sure if DH has a shirt that would "go" with something so pink. His wardrobe might make things even harder! (I seriously had to just text him to ask him to buy new pants this weekend)

27. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: so exciting about your friend! I know three people who are due with a few months of me, one of whom is due at the end of April and we are close friends. I'm anxiously waiting for her genetic test to come back next week so we will know what she's having! Also, we are doing family/maternity pics done next Sunday and I haven't even started thinking about outfits. Oops!

28. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@skiierchck99: we are headed to FL over Thanksgiving. We typically go in March but we knew that wasn't going to happen this year so we are going early. I'm really looking forward to it!

@jodyblair: glad your scan went well. I love the name choice too! It's similar to some that we are considering.

29. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@skiierchck99: yay! You will have so much fun! Hopefully you get lots of relaxing in!

We are actually going to Greece next Thursday, so I’m just trying to get everything ready for that.

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: aww, yay for pics! Good luck deciding what to wear; I am so terrible at that stuff

31. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@theotherstark: I asked my husband if his blue shirt fits (that he wore to our wedding) and I'm thinking pink dress or black maxi skirt that has aqua and blue in it for me. Hopefully if it doesn't fit, he'll buy a new one (along with new khakis!). All his khakis have threads hanging from the hems.

32. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@MaryM: I frequently just buy DH clothes...to the point when he recently tried to buy new pants on his own he had to email me and ask what size I last ordered

@theotherstark: OMG have so much fun in Greece! I so want to go. Our 5 year anniversary is next summer, and I think that's on our list of potential places.

@dominobee: I forgot you had that trip earlier! I really need to get on the nesting...feeling like I might need to take a PTO staycation in December sometime lol.

@bushelandapeck: Florida sounds amazing! My family is going for a week in April and if baby girl is doing well I might try to join!

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: you guys will look great!! I hope you post pics, at least in the FB group!!

34. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@skiierchck99: thank you! I’m pretty excited, although apprehensive about such a long flight with our toddler That would be so neat if you went next summer!

35. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@theotherstark: I will

I don't think we'll officially "announce" on Facebook, but I think we might share a pic or two.

36. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

I literally just heard baby girl at the doctor's this morning but haven't felt her much today I'm sure everything is probably fine, but I can't help the worry!

37. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@skiierchck99: try drinking something sweet like juice. I feel like my baby moves a little after I drink or eat something sweeet like fruit.

38. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@Tionn3: Yeah I ate dinner and had juice and have felt a little more movement. I cam home and napped/worked from home after the meeting so probably it was the change in routine that made me notice it less.

39. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@THEOTHERSTARK: Greece?! Awesome! We went there on our honeymoon. Loved Santorini. Hopefully you are going to the islands.

40. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@skiierchck99: @theotherstark: @bushelandapeck: Jealous of your trips! I hope you all have fabulous times.

We don't have any family vacas planned before this baby, my husband gets crap for vacation time. I am hoping to do a babymoon night away in December - looking into tickets to a comedy show + hotel for the night for my DH's xmas present. We did a night in Boston for our first LO's "mini-moon" and had a nice time.

We did just book our annual trip with friends to VT for next summer plus I am hoping to do a solo-family vaca to Halifax/PEI. Having been through it once before, I am hoping to do more traveling when LO2 is a baby bc I realize now that (hopefully) it is easier than traveling with an older baby/toddler.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee