Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: I'm already drowning in clothes! I'm tempted to take all but my favorites off the registry.

2. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: Yeah, me too! I definitely don't need any more 0-3 month size clothing. You could always change the sizes up so you have clothes they can grow into. Not sure how that will work with the seasons though....

3. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: @dominobee: @bushelandapeck: Feel you ladies on the fatigue. I have basically had 3 colds in a row so that hasn't been helpful and now it seems my pregnancy insomnia has kicked in. I slept really badly with LO1 but that didn't happen til the last month or so! Last night I was up for a few hours in the middle of the night and I have been having trouble falling asleep now for a while. Thankfully I do have time off over Christmas. Hope you all get some rest soon!

4. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: @dominobee: I've tried to do a balance of sizes on my registry to help us through the first year. And I know a friend or two plan to give us hand me downs too. And I'm still not convinced this baby will come out little, so I haven't even bothered asking for any newborn stuff (other than one pack of diapers).

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM @bushelandapeck: We already have a ton of stuff through 3T! People keep giving us hand me downs!!

@MaryM @dominobee @bushelandapeck @petitenoisette: I'm sleeping fine between frequent bathroom breaks. I usually get in bed by 9:30 and listen to my Hypnobabies tracks and rarely make it through them without falling asleep. I'll usually wake up at some point with my headphones still in, haha. Once we have two newborns I'm sure I'll be getting a lot less sleep, so I guess I'll just probably never not feel tired again, ha.

6. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: yeah, I didn't bother with any newborn sized clothes. Even if the 0-3 is a little big, I know he will grow into it quickly. I think I had maybe 2-3 newborn sized outfits for my son. My daughter was smaller and stayed in newborn clothes for close to a month, but she's stayed small where my son has always been on the high end pf the growth charts.

7. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: @dominobee: My sleep has not been great. My kiddo's two most active times are when I lay down to go to bed and really early in the morning, his movements usually wake me up then and I have a hard time falling back to sleep. When I'm lying down he also loves to move his head around which sends lightening pains through my cervix. Last night, I woke my heavy sleeper husband up yelping in the middle of the night when baby shoved his head into my cervix with surprising force.

I've also been a bit of an emotional wreck, is anyone else experiencing this? First tri I was pretty pessimistic about things working out and second tri I was worried, but I wasn't really emotional and don't remember crying even once. Now, most nights, I'll have some thought pop into my head about something bad happening, and burst into tears. I feel as emotional as I did after my D&E, but now there's not really anything per se to trigger it. I don't feel unhappy over all but just super emotional. I'm not sure if it's hormones going nuts, exhaustion/discomfort of third tri that wears me down by the end of the day, or the fact that there's been some pretty high stakes/high stress stuff come up unexpectedly at work that matters for future employment prospects. My husband is very understanding but baffled - like "why are you crying, we have our baby now and he's been doing great so far..."

8. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: We are also lucky to get a ton of hand me downs, the seasons don't quite align but it still has saved us having to buy a lot of stuff. I did though keep a few of my very favorite outfits that I'd picked out, they were only $6 a piece anyways, and I really wanted to have a few things that I loved.

9. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I don't think it's unusual but it might be worth bringing up to your doctor or midwife. Prenatal anxiety is a real thing and there are therapies out there that might be able to help you. Sending you so much love. Just remember the odds are in your favor for a healthy baby.

10. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@periwinklebee: I was going to say something similar to @dominobee about talking with your doctor. Although I think the hormone changes are real and there are definitely emotional highs and lows throughout pregnancy, if you feel like this is effecting you more than it should, I would definitely bring it up. It also sounds like you have a lot going on right now and I hope things start to settle down very soon.

11. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Our pediatrician interview is scheduled. I think the only thing left to schedule after that, is a breast feeding class (I'm waiting, because this pediatrician offers them)

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: @bushelandapeck: Thanks, yeah, it's definitely been a bit crazy, which I'm sure isn't helping. My husband decided to switch jobs (with a start date one week before my EDD) - it's a great opportunity and I'm super happy for him, but there was that stress of how things would work with that, and then a lot on my end work wise as well. I'm really hoping this kid doesn't come too early because things will calm down a lot around Christmas and it would be great to have that time even if I am massively pregnant and uncomfortable. I have been worried about PPD/PPA because of how crappy I found the hormone drop after my loss, and will talk to my doctor now as well.

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@periwinklebee: Antepartum anxiety/depression is a thing too, so don't be afraid to talk to your OB if you're concerned.

14. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

You guys I think we’re zeroing in on some names! We’re not telling people bc people have opinions but I trust you ladies to be open minded since you’re in the same boat right now.

Charles Thomas and Maxwell Jeremiah. Charlie & Max! I told my husband that if those are the names I know who is who, and he said “Baby B is Max?” And I was like “yes!” Funny to already have that feeling while they are still in the womb. The first names are just names we both like. For middle names, we chose my dad’s first name, Thomas, and DH’s grandpa’s first name, Jeremiah.

15. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: love the names!

16. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: love them! You know we have a Charles/Charlie and I love Max too! Nice to have some names that have meaning to you too! No progress here but I’m sure we will get there. Haha

Oh, and a friendly reminder to start doing your kegels if you haven’t started already. I’ve had a couple of near misses when exercising and it reminded me that I needed to start doing them more regularly. Pregnancy is SO glamorous.

17. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: love the names, and the significance of the middle names. The nicknames are cute too. Once we decided on the name for our daughter I used the nickname the whole rest of my pregnancy but now that she is here I have found myself using her full name and not the nickname, so be prepared for strange quirks like that.

18. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Remind me of your baby’s name again?

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: Evelyn nn Evie

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Ahhh I love that name!! 💜💜💜

21. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: thanks i love its meaning extra hard, it means wanted or wished for child

22. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@snarkybiochemist: this is my oldest nieces name and I adore it! We always thought she would go by Evie but she insisted on being Evelyn right from the time she could talk. Shes almost 16 and never had a nickname

23. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bushelandapeck: I think we are sticking with Evelyn for now and she can decide if she wants a nickname

24. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Started working on the layout for our very small (64 sq ft) nursery this weekend. This is one of only two that will work and allow us to have a "chair and a half" size glider in the room. I'll need one that big if I'm going to nurse both babies at once, which is the goal. Plus I see this piece of furniture being useful in the future for bedtime books. We're definitely going to have get creative for a mounted bookshelf, because a freestanding one won't fit in the room. But anyway, this feels like a step forward! My parents will show up with the cribs on Saturday and I can't wait to get them put together!!

25. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I'm working with a pretty small room too. My solution was to not even try to fit a dresser in the room. originally I was going to use one as a changing table, but figured an actual changing table is smaller, and while their clothes are tiny, they'll probably mostly fit in the closet.

One wall is pretty useless for furniture because the door and closet are on the same wall, but there was room for a small bookshelf in between them. I figure until he's older, I'll just use one shelf for books, and the others for storage to make up for his dresser being in the guest room.

26. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: The closet in our nursery is not currently usable for baby clothes - it's filled with too much other crap! Haha.

27. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: Can't wait to see the pics! And don't forget to leave room for the diaper pail, if you're going to have your changing station on top of the dresser (I say because I did forget in our very small nursery, but thankfully managed to just barely squeeze it in ) Our nursery doesn't have a closet, so a dresser was a must, and I have to say I love it along with the little Ikea organizer bins for separating out all the different sizes/pieces of clothing/swaddles/odds and ends like pacifiers and bf supples, etc. But I'm one of those people who goes crazy if I don't know where everything is at all times.

28. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

I had to schedule an ultrasound for my appt in 2 weeks because I was measuring a little bit small today. The doctor says it is not a cause for concern and is within the margin of error, but since insurance will pay we might as well check to make sure baby's growth is on track. We haven't had an ultrasound since 18 weeks and thinking of all the things that could have shown up since then is making me nervous , though it will be cool to have another peak at the baby...

29. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: Oh yes a diaper pail! I put one on our registry but now I'm wondering if we should have two - one for upstairs and one for downstairs? We're going with reusable diapers and DH already installed a sprayer on the downstairs toilet. When I suggested one upstairs he didn't see the point until I asked him if he'd be going downstairs to rinse out poopy diapers in the middle of the night, lol.

30. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I'm keeping limited crap on the top shelf of the nursery, but doing my best to move other stuff to other rooms. I'm starting to regret our decision to move into a house with no basement!

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: We'll only have one changing station, as we're living in a small place now, but I feel like a decent diaper pail(s) is a must. Especially with multiple babies, I would not want to be walking around the house juggling two babies and two diapers to take to the pail. And it's supposed to be much better than a regular trashcan at containing the odor until you can take care of washing/disposing the diapers. But people on here who already have kids must have better insight than I do of how important it is.

32. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I have permission to kick DH in the junk, right?

He just called to check in and asked how I was doing, how I slept last night. I said "awful." I can't move at night without literally whimpering in pain because my hips hurt so much. I stood too much yesterday and sleeping last night was torture. After getting up and stretching several times and reheating a heat pack over and over, I finally settled in the recliner at 3 a.m. and slept sitting up.

How did he respond? Did he say I'm sorry or offer empathy?

"My back is pretty sore too. I think it's from laying in bed too much yesterday"

Must be nice to lay in bed until noon. I got up at 7:30 not because I was awake and ready to go, but because it hurt to lay down.

Last week he complained to me about how much his toe hurt. His toe!

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Uhhh yes you have permission! Seriously what is wrong with dudes sometimes. "I'm tired from laying down too much" LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I would recommend getting a belly belt to help relieve the pain from your hips and pelvis. Mine was 100% covered by insurance.

34. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I'm not sure a belt would help much. I'm pretty sure it's sciatica and that's more internal than external pressure. The wedge pillow isn't even doing anything anymore (it doesn't matter if I do or do not use it)

35. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: I would hold off on a second sprayer for now. You don’t need to spray diapers until the eat solid foods if they EBF. I don’t know if they’re on formula how it works. But we never had a diaper pail, we used a big wet bag in the bathroom. We were cloth diaper drop outs so the disposables just go straight in the regular trash and we dump poop out first in the toilet. If the poop isn’t dumpable then we bring straight outside to the trash can. Of course idk how it would work with two babies so you’ll need your own system!

36. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: ha oh man I cannot believe those words escaped his mouth. Kick in the pants deserved for sure.

37. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MaryM: my DH regularly complains about being tired and I just cannot even deal.... dude you sleep like a rock for 8+ hours regularly, no bathroom trips, no nursing, he has it easy! I point this out and he's all "well, I'm still tired, just because you're more tired doesn't mean I'm not" *eye roll*.

@dominobee: For the 1st 6 months we used just a normal, small trash can with a step-operated lid, grocery bag inside, emptied every couple of days..... for US, EBF poop didn't smell much, and LO only pooped every couple of days. Once we started solid food though.... gross! diaper pail for sure. We cloth diaper and use Viva paper towels as disposable liners. They're super soft.

38. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

F this. My workplace (a school) just notified me that they will be painting the hallways starting tomorrow, 5:30am-1:30pm. I emailed them asking for the MSDS sheets and "my" hallway to be started at 12:30 tomorrow (it's a half-day anyway) or 12:30 any other day, and for me to be notified in advance so that I can take a half-day sick day to not be around while they are actively painting. Their reply?
    "We will give you the MSDS sheets today. We will do what we can about the schedule requests, but ultimately we have to work around the painter’s schedules. You are welcome to relocate to room 40 so that you are not adjacent to any hallway."

Yeah because it's so fun to teach classes of 35 middle schoolers in a computer lab room that's not yours and have them mess around with the technology when they're supposed to be reading and discussing *eye roll*. Or let's just throw out my lesson plan and make one up to use the computers.

39. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

DH and I had a "come to Jesus" the other night about how I felt like he had no earthly idea how hard this pregnancy has been (physically and emotionally), and I feel like he did a bit better last night. And I think I finally managed to get myself SO tired that I just passed out that night finally got close to 7 hours sleep.

The highlight of my week though, I finally ordered a shower stool so I can shave my legs without risking falling over. I haven't wanted to spend money on it so I kept putting it off, but I realized the last time I attempted to shave I either needed to give up and spend the money or just give up on having shaved legs.

40. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@DesertDreams88: ugh I’m sorry your school is not being accommodating. Hopefully they were able to wait on your hall til after the end of the day. I wouldn’t want to be surrounded by paint fumes all day even if I weren’t pregnant so I think it’s sort of crazy they’re doing this during the school day.

@MaryM: I’m glad your DH is getting it and that you ordered the shower stool. We have to take care of ourselves!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee