Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@DesertDreams88: I’m 1 month away as of tomorrow, if you go by my OBs calculations! Yikes! I’m going to really get things in order after Christmas is over (move car seats, pack hospital bag, buy the rest of registry stuff). Exciting but a little overwhelming to think it’s so close!

2. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@DesertDreams88 @bushelandapeck: I am 7w6d from my original EDD but just 5w6d from the week of induction, if I get that far! Fully expecting these boys to arrive in that time frame, but hoping to make it past 1/26. My birthday is 1/25 and my mother-in-law's is 1/26, and I'd really like these kiddos to have their own day.

I just made my final ultrasound appointment for my birthday, less than a month from now. It's so crazy to think we'll all have little babies in our arms very soon! I think we are just about ready logistically speaking. Just need to do some finishing touches on the nursery (largely decorative) and get through my second shower this weekend. After that we will put the car seats and go-bags in the van and be ready to scoot off to the hospital when the time comes!

I've had a bit of anxiety about birthing and managing two newborns but as I read more and do my Hypnobabies tracks and just generally get prepared, that anxiety is slowly being replaced with excitement. I want them to bake as long as possible but I'm also sooooo looking forward to meeting them and finally being a mom after 2 1/2 years of wishing and hoping!

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Exciting that we are getting so close! Here is the list as I have it. Figured I wouldn’t put appts down anymore since we’re moving to the stage where everyone has appts all the time

February Mamas

1/25: Bushelandapeck (#3 )
    2/4: Ladydi (#2 )
    2/5: Honeydew (#2 )
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1 )
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1 ), Drea1016 (#2), Tosun (#3 )
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2 ), beachlilly (#1 )
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2 ), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 ), petitenoisette (#2 )
    2/28: Ergggg (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2 )

4. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@theotherstark: You can change my EDD to 2/5 since that's 38 weeks when they'll want to induce if I haven't given birth yet! There's just no way I'll go to 2/19.

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Had my 32 week ultrasound today. Baby A is about 4 1/2 pounds and B is a little over 4 pounds. And both have enough hair to be visible on an ultrasound! A is head down facing my back which is excellent! B is oblique which explains why I only really ever feel kicks in the upper right quadrant of my belly - both boys' feet are up there. Since B's head is downward he should easily move into the birthing position after his brother is out. Hard to believe I am full term (for twins) in 4 1/2 weeks!

6. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: looking good boys

7. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: awwww.... so sweet! And getting so close!

8. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist @periwinklebee: Thanks ladies!

9. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: love the photos and so glad they look to be in favorable positions! Fingers crossed they stay that way.

I posted in the FB group but had my 36 week appt yesterday. All is still good and baby is head down, measuring 36w. I'm feeling more pressure but I think that's a combo of him being head down and this being my 3rd. I was up for a couple of hours last night because it was so uncomfortable. Other than that, and having a nasty cough I can't shake, things are still going well!

10. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bushelandapeck: The pressure is getting really intense here as well. It is the worst at night when I lay down and he starts moving like crazy. I've had lightening crotch sensations for awhile but now it is sooo intense and he feels so low, like he could just come shooting out though I know that won't happen . Last night was like an hour and a half of me almost crying because he kept moving his head and the pressure on my cervix was so intense. As a FTM it's hard not to speculate whether this means anything... despite the discomfort it's better from a maternity leave perspective if he can stay put until around his due date, so I'm not in a rush. The doctor emphasized at my last appointment though that now that I'm 37+ weeks I should expect labor to start anytime during the next month, and the uncertainty of it all is a bit ugh....

I'm still measuring small but since he looked just about average sized on the ultrasound a week ago the doctor said not to worry...

11. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@periwinklebee: sounds accurate! Lightnight crotch is really the most accurate description. I didn’t go early with either of my other two so I doubt there’s much correlation between that and when delivery will happen, but who knows! For me, losing my mucus plug was the indication that things were starting to progress and it happened about a week or so before they were born.

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bushelandapeck: Thank you! Good to know!

13. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Been feeling pretty terrible off and on today. Mostly nausea but also general abdominal discomfort. Spending 4 hours in the car didn’t help. Taking a shower when I got home did, but only for a little while. Trying not to read too much into it but I know several women who have mistaken the onset of labor for indigestion. Only 33 weeks tomorrow and I have to work at 4:30am so really hoping it’s just an upset stomach! My uterus is intermittently rock hard though.

14. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: good luck, I hope it's nothing and that those little boys stay cooking a few weeks longer.

15. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Made it through the night and to work! 4 weeks to full term (37 weeks for twins). 🤗

16. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: good, fingers crossed for 4 more weeks

17. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Happy New Year mama bees! Any 2018 resolutions or intentions to share?

I want to make a plan for finishing our basement and at least get it framed out.

18. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

No new years resolutions over here, I just hope to continue some of the good life-practices of 2017 despite having a baby added to the mix
    Namely, continue:
    1) New system of budgeting in order to pay off 5K of high interest student loans and save about 10K for pool repairs
    2) Family prayer time
    3) Household routines with chores at certain times / days
    4) Time with DH after kids bedtime 3-4x a week (we are both teachers, and he makes/sells vintage maps as a side gig, so there's always "work" that could be done after bedtime)

19. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: glad you made it through and I hope you’re feeling better today!

The only resolutions I really have are to try to be more patient with myself and my family, namely my son and DH. We started counseling for my son as he has some behaviors that have been VERY challenging for us and I’m hoping that’s going to help all of us get into a better space with one another. I’m also planning to lose the baby weight and get back into spin once cleared to do so. I feel like a much better parent and wife when I’m able to exercise and feel good about myself and these past couple of weeks have been rough in that regard.

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Anybody else feeling totally mentally over their jobs?! Just 22 (or fewer) work days left!

21. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

Happy new year everyone!

@dominobee: I'm glad nothing came of feeling off the other day.

I'm back at work today after the holiday break and in a great mood (usually I am decidedly not after vaca) knowing that I have a max of 8 weeks left (and hopefully less than that, I gave my last official day as a few days after my due date)! We'll see how much motivation I have through this home stretch. We have a MLK day off, then midterm exams (which means no teaching for 3 days) and then finally another week off the week before my due date so I don't think it's going to be too rough for me.

As far as resolutions, I want to focus on my relationship with DH. I have been bad during this pregnancy kind of neglecting him almost...we work the same schedule and spend a lot of time together but not much of that is quality time. We had a nice NYE at home and so I feel like that was a good first step towards reconnecting a bit. It's not like things are bad at all but I just know with adding a second that it's going to require even more effort to maintain a healthy relationship and I have definitely not been putting in enough effort lately still with just the one.

22. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I'm not a resolution person either. My biggest goal is just to get through pregnancy sane and be able to love on my baby!

I just did a recount (new calendar) and I'm down to 37 days of work. AND I put in a request to work from home like 5 days for doctors appointments...so it's technically even less. EEK!

I'm thankful for at least having the work from home days. MLK day is our only holiday between now and EDD...and I forgot how incredibly UNcomfortable my work chair is.

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: I'm calling them "intentions" this year. It's a little more forgiving. I intend to do certain things, but I don't resolve to do them, hahaha.

I've also added:
    -get an aura photo taken (always looked fun!)
    -play music with my husband (he plays drums and I play guitar)
    -run either the marathon relay (in May) or a 5k

After this week I technically have just 4 weeks of work left... but that's if I make it that far without giving birth! I forgot about MLK day so that means after today I have just 20 work days left!!

24. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Have y'alls OBs done the TDAP vaccine for you?

Mine doesn't, and suggested going to my PCP (but I haven't been there in years) or a minute clinic type place (which I've never used). Wondering what you all experienced.

25. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@MaryM: My OB did my TDAP in their office. DH went to a minute clinic for his with our first and it was pretty quick.

No real resolutions, but I am likely not returning to work after my maternity leave so I am hoping 2018 is a year of figuring out how to balance staying at home with two littles and not losing my sense of self. That being said, I am very, very mentally over my job. With MLK and a couple of PTO days I only have 18 business days and counting...

26. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I'm starting to wish I didn't have to come back.

I like my work, but my favorite boss (two levels above me) announced right before break that she's leaving Feb. 1. And I'm pretty sure my manager is on her way out. So I'll be coming back to possibly an entirely newly organized office. I have no idea what could happen while I'm gone...

27. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@MaryM: I came back to a complete re-org the first time I was on maternity leave, which lead to a lot of other turnover, including my manager/mentor. It's been a stressful situation for me for awhile so I think this is a good time for me to step away from it. I hope for your sake that it works out, especially since you like your work!

28. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@LadyDi: I've been hoping for my manager to retire so maybe I could take her position. I'd like more responsibility (let alone a raise!), but I don't want the level of responsibility of the boss that's already announced they're leaving.

29. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: huh, that's odd that they don't do it at your OB's office. Mine does and I had it done a while ago. Dh had his done at Rite Aid (our local pharmacy).

As for days left, I have 6 before my due date of 1/25, or 8 if you go by the original date of 2/2. I plan to work on MLK day since I'm on call Mondays anyway and would rather save my earned time. I only work M/W so it feels like not much time left at all!

As for coming back.....it's still my plan, though I am actively looking for other positions within my organization and also externally. The difficulty is finding something that pays well enough to cover the cost of a nanny for 3 kids, while still staying part time. I actually do like my job, but I dislike the 1hr+ commute and also the amount of on call time. As it stands now, I am on call overnight 1x/week and every 5th weekend from Friday-Tuesday (my normal day is Monday). It's just too much with a newborn and I'm burned out.

30. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: My doctor said to wait to do it, because I think it only passes on to the baby for a certain amount of time (so having it done later would protect him for longer).

I guess there are certain regulations to be able to get it done in the office, and they said it makes it hard for the office to make it available? I'm not sure if that's a regional thing or what...

I've never used a pharmacy minute clinic. Do you just walk in and say you want a shot? Do you have to make an appointment?

31. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: interesting. I had mine done at 34 weeks maybe? I'll be 37w tomorrow. DH just walked in for his flu shot and they offered to do the TDap since he mentioned I was pregnant, I think. He didn't have an appointment but I think you can make them at most places.

32. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: I'm only 32 now...so the timing makes sense. It's so hard to remember we span so much time! lol

33. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: I know! I'm excited to start "meeting" some of these babies soon!

34. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MaryM: my husband just made an appt at CVS for his tdap, ours required the appt and it made his life easier. Just remember it takes 2 weeks for you/husband to be fully protected.

35. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: I had to go get it at a CVS my first pregnancy, since my office didn’t do them. They just told me when to go get it done. This pregnancy, they just did it at one of my appointments; I think I was about 30 weeks? They also did my flu shot.

36. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: I got mine from my OB. I think the flu, tdap, and rhogam were all at different appointments, and I can't remember now which was which (pregnancy brain is so real).

@dominobee: I'm mostly feeling a bit stressed/overwhelmed about what needs to get done at work - and might not - before the baby comes. I'm working on a project with a deadline right around my EDD and if he comes very much early, it just won't get done and will be wasted work. I feel like I'm not coping well with the stress because my sleep has been so crappy lately and I'm getting pretty uncomfortable...

Second or more time moms, how much more uncomfortable did you get as you approached the end?

I had my first cervical check yesterday and didn't find it that painful while the doctor was up there, but afterwards I bled so much - like all the way through my pants. I had no idea that would happen and it sort of freaked me out, but apparently it's normal and tapered to light spotting relatively quickly...

37. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

Also, any of you other bees in cold states nervous about going into labor during a blizzard? It would be my luck...

38. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@MaryM: I had mine done at 32 weeks & that was only cuz I had a cold when I last went in at 30 weeks so my OB wanted me to wait until I was feeling better before having me get the TDap.

@periwinklebee: I’m a lot bigger than I was when pregnant with DD but I remember at this time was when it became increasingly harder to sleep...which I started feeling at 30 weeks this time around. I was waddling all the time & the kiddos I worked with would joke with me about my “sausage” feet since they were so swollen after walking everywhere or even walking with the kids to make sure I got my exercise in. Also, with this pregnancy I feel like I’m getting so many of the worst 3rd tri symptoms all at once! 🤦‍♀️ I’ve been having sciatica pain, major constipation issues, lower back & tailbone pain, near daily Charlie horses on my calves, easily winded/difficulty breathing, swollen feet & fingers, etc. Oh and this time around, I’m already dilated as of 3 weeks ago by 1 cm! Apparently it’s common for women who have given birth previously to dilate earlier as the body prepares itself for baby’s arrival. I’m “only” 34 weeks tomorrow!

Regarding work, it’s my last week as I start my maternity/disability next week! It feels so surreal since I feel like I’m no where near ready for this one to come...I figured I would go through all of DD’s clothes in storage & pick out all the gender neutral stuff to wash while I’m on disability leave. We’ve also been prepping DD for baby’s arrival by reading the “I’m a big sister” book every evening & also going over our plan for when it’s time for baby’s arrival (ie who she will be staying with & the activities planned for her when she has her sleepovers at each family members’ house).

39. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@lazypanda: on one of those symptoms...my sister got me a squatty potty for Christmas. Seriously, it helps! I feel like I poop so much more now!

40. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@lazypanda: Ugh, I've heard from so many people that third tri symptoms get worse or arrive earlier with each subsequent pregnancy. I hope you get a bit of relief soon, and that the last week of work speeds by.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee