Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 POAS

1. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

Good luck everyone!!!

Oh man, I’m only 4 dpo and already firmly aboard the symptom spotting train even though I know it’s crazy. Why does TTC make you go completely insane?!

2. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: it makes it no less crazy but I repeat "it's only progesterone" to myself all the time after I o. I'm even feeling crazy before ovulation this month πŸ˜‚

3. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@afc061018: Thanks for the info on opk's. I'm hoping I can catch it. I've been known to O late around cd17 and have 34-36 day cycles. DH is very optimistic and wants to BD everyday to make sure...I told him he's crazy and we have to skip some days LOL.

4. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yogifish: We we're waiting for a certain age gap as well with #2 , but now that we're trying i'm getting worried that we waited too long to start trying. And now i'm considering sitting March out because that would put their birthdays too close, but at the same time I don't want to waste a month.

Would having the birthdays close together really be so bad?? so conflicted, hopefully i get pregnant this month so I won't have to think about it too hard

5. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@BadgerMom: Ugh the dreaded TWW, i'm already going crazy before O this time! My boobs have been hurting since AF stopped and I don't know if that's good or bad. UGH sometime I hate being so aware of my body. HAHA

6. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@MrsMom: I figure that if their birthdays do end up close together we could do combined family birthdays (we have to do four since both sets of our parents are divorced and no one gets along) and then let siblings have separate friend birthday parties. And if it runs into Christmas season...oh well.

Part of my timing was my own desire not to have a summer baby, would rather have a winter baby here in Canada so the first few months being stuck nursing all the time would be when it's cold and crappy outside anyways! And then have a bigger baby that can wear sunscreen and do more stuff over the summer. Having a beginning of December baby was awesome last time around for buying maternity close right down to the timing of our year long maternity leave. So I figure I still have a few more tries to get a winter baby.

7. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@yogifish: That’s so nice to hear that you enjoyed having a winter baby. My first was a late May baby and I really enjoyed my maternity leave, so the thought of a possible winter baby scares me.

8. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Cycle Day: 21
    TTC Cycle: 3
    Ovulation Date: 1/18
    POAS Date: 2/1
    Baby #: 2

What're you looking forward to this month?: I have been doing Whole30 for all of January so I am looking forward to eating some dairy and having a chai latte! Oh, also, I think I'm going to go skiing.

9. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

Hi! I'm playing along under a new u/n because I don't want anyone to know we're TTC. 😊

Cycle Day: 12
    TTC Cycle: 2
    Ovulation Date: 1/26
    POAS Date: 2/9
    Baby #: 2

10. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

February Poas

POAS Date
    lioneyes: 2/1
    MsMermaid: 2/1
    BadgerMom: 2/2
    Marfi: 2/6 or 2/9
    Ginaandcorey: 2/9
    MamaBear87: 2/11
    Mrs Lavender: 2/12-13
    Lazb: 2/12ish
    Yogifish: 2/13
    Mrsmom: 2/18
    AFC061018: 2/20

All the this month! Any updates please reply.

11. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MrsMom: I O around CD 17, too, but my luteal phase is only 10-12 days, so my waiting-to-O time is longer. The TTW still kills me though. I'm going to take up MamaBear87's mantra this time and just repeat "it's only progesterone" over and over.

12. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

Does anyone know how to make the most recent posts come up first when you click on a thread? Scrolling through to the most recent posts is driving me crazy!

@Ms.Mermaid: I've also been doing a January Whole30! It's my second time doing it. The thing I miss the most is always a little cream in my coffee. A latte right now sounds delish!!

@Marfi: You are in my thoughts, lady! Sending you so much !

I have an IUI monitoring appointment tomorrow morning. Soo excited to see my how far my little follicles grew!

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@afc061018: it helps the days you're feeling less crazy! Lol

@Mrs Lavender: if you click the little yellow comment box if goes to last post. I figured this out last month after 3 years of using hb πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Good luck tomorrow! Hope everything looks good

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Marfi: fingers crossed for you!

15. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

Transfer is scheduled for tomorrow! After that I’m PASP (pregnant and staying pregnant)!

16. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Marfi:

17. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@MamaBear87: ...and where is this little yellow box you speak of? I can't find it anywhere! lol

18. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs Lavender: the yellow box that says 15, 10 etc next to each thread

19. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: OMG thank you! I had not idea you could do that and I've been on Hellobee for 4+ years now lol.

20. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: I think I hit it by accident and was like wtf?! Why did I not know this? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ maybe I should make a psa. Give me something to take my mind off my weird chart

21. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@afc061018: Sounds like we have the same type of cycle, my Luteal phase is around 12 days. I'm going crazy this month just waiting for O. I swear I count the days like three times a day just to make sure i didn't mess up....so I'm already on the crazy train.

22. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Marfi: So much luck to you!!!

23. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MrsMom: My version of the crazy train is when you log your temp/CM/symptoms in four different apps and then take turns staring at them all throughout the day as if every one of them is going to tell you something different that you somehow overlooked that will be *the* secret to solving why you aren't yet pregnant if you just stare at them a liiiiiittle longer. XD

24. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yogifish: That's a good way to handle the birthday's close together. Both our parents are divorced as well, but luckily they are all civil enough I can have one birthday party. Christmas on the other hand no one wants to share, i think we did 7 separate Christmas's this year. (oh I know it's crazy).
    I had slight PPD in the beginning with my DS and it was at the holidays, so i'm hoping to avoid that this time.

@Ms.Mermaid: You're so close to your POAS date! How's the TWW treating you?

25. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@afc061018: Oh we are aboard the train together!!! I have Four apps and do the same thing.....I know I'm crazy as i'm inputting all the information...but it doesn't stop me SOOOO much starring and counting!!! I'm so happy i'm not the only one hahaha

26. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@Marfi: good luck!!

27. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@afc061018: i do this too! I have 2 apps and look at them all the time. Thinking just maybe now they'll have more insight. My chart is weird this month, went up this morning when I'm not expected to o until Sunday.

@MrsMom: oh man! No way would I do 7 Christmases, that's crazy!
    And yes were all over here counting 1000 times like crazy people πŸ˜‚

28. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@MrsMom: I’m squarely into imagining implantation cramping and nausea. I think I could technically POAS tomorrow but I can’t decide if I want to.

29. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MrsMom: I hate the pre-o wait. I have a long-ish cycle (32 days) so it feels like it takes me FOREVER to O and it drives me insane.

I've stuck to only using Fertility Friend at least for now... But I still look at it 1,000 times a day hoping it will tell me something different. Pure craziness.

@Ms.Mermaid: How many dpo will you be tomorrow?

30. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I hate deciding when to POAS, I try to wait until AF is due but it's so hard. So i don't even keep a hcg test in the house and make myself go buy one haha.

31. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Ignore my last question. I just looked at your previous reply with stats. Yeah tomorrow is a little early, and will most likely be negative even if you are pregnant. If you can wait until Tuesday (easier said than done, I know), the result will be much more reliable.

This coming from someone who will most likely test at 8 and 10 dpo... lol

32. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Ugh I just realized I have a pap smear scheduled a couple days (give or take) around my O. Do I reschedule?

33. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: it's just progesterone! Repeat many times. Sometimes it helps.

@MrsMom: i had one during o in September. We weren't ttc yet so I wasn't concerned but the midwife was like if you want to today is an excellent time πŸ˜‚ so I think it's fine.

@BadgerMom: i held out this last month. And then got af a day early. During the day my aunt was watching my little. There was much ugly crying

34. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: I bought two cheapo walmart tests for early testing. Which I think is completely crazy because I don't think they're as sensitive as the FRERs, so early testing with them makes absolutely no sense. But I just hate to waste my FRERs if it's too early to tell.

And I tested on 8 and 10 with my first...BFNs. BFP at 12 dpo. So you'd think I'd know better... but no.

Ps. This is obviously premature, but I saw that you were GD with your first as well and hope to avoid the GTT if you get pregnant again. I failed too, and have been thinking about the same thing. Have you talked to your OB about it, will they let you forgo the GTT?

35. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@MamaBear87: Awesome, thanks!! Now I just have to break the habit of clicking on the thread name. lol

36. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: Thanks for the info I tried looking it up and some said the OB said it might help, but then others said you can't BD 2 days prior, and that just doesn't work for my timing LOL. So i think I'll just do what i want and let them know when I go in and they can decide.

37. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: I bought some amazon cheapies but have only seen stark negatives so far. Last month I managed not to test but my mom was here for distraction.

As for gd. I had a very easily diet controlled case, so I feel comfortable that not being diagnosed officially wouldn't be detrimental. I plan to eat like I have it most of the time anyway and will keep an eye on my numbers. I gave birth in ca with my first with an ob at a hospital. If I get pregnant again I'm looking into a midwife at a birth center. I've toured it but haven't had an appointment yet so idk if they will let me skip it or not. As long as I'm keeping an eye on my numbers I can't see them having an issue with it
    Sorry for the novel!

38. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MrsMom: Hmmm... Interesting about the no BDing two days prior. I don't think they've ever asked me and you'd think they'd ask before performing the pap if it really mattered.

39. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: I've never been told no sex before. And I believe we had it the night before my last pap. Everything came back no issues

40. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: Gotcha. That makes sense. I was very easily diet controlled as well, but will be delivering again with an OB in a hospital as there aren't any option around where I leave besides hospital or home birth. Even though I hated it at the time, looking back I really appreciated the diet as it kept my weight gain in check and I think it helped me to feel good throughout the end of my pregnancy. So we'll see. I'd gladly take the diagnosis if it meant I could end all this TTC bullsh!t lol.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee