Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 POAS

1. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: yeah watching every little thing you eat sucks. But it slowed my weight gain and I wasn't too uncomfortable at the end. If I was going to give birth with an ob again I would try and avoid the test. I hated being continously monitored, it was annoying and made it hard to move.
    I live in Phoenix and our ob/hospital midwife options are crappy but we have some really great birth centers.
    And seriously ttc sucks way more!

2. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

Does anyone have experience with Ovulation strips? I'm a newbie to these and have no idea what I'm doing. And it's not like I carry little Dixie cups around work with me to catch my afternoon pee so I peed on it. Will that be good enough?

I can't believe I'm talking about peeing on things... šŸ™„

3. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I think peeing on them may wet them a little too much which is why the lines you got are so thin (the lines are usually 4x that thick). Are you testing multiple times a day? If not, I'd just wait until you get home and dip them for the requisite 3 seconds. Or purchase some little 1oz plastic cups, smaller than dixie cups.

ETA. An welcome to TTC, pretty much all we talk about at this time in life is peeing on things

4. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: since they're dip tests I wouldn't want to base anything on tests that were peed on unfortunately. I'd be worried you didn't end up with enough pee or too much on it without dipping

That said you're looking for the test line to be as dark or darker than the control. So that one is negative

5. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@BadgerMom: interesting. The instructions all say to pee at 2pm. That's such a convenient time to do so...

I'll try the dip tonight and see if there is a difference. Thanks.

6. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: so some women lh builds over the course of the day and you get a positive then that you wouldn't in the morning. If that's the case though you could just test when you get home from work.
    Lol I mostly gave these up, they were too stressful. We just have sex a lot and I wear an ava bracelet. Once I know I ovulated we're less regimented šŸ˜‚

7. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MamaBear87: thanks! It's been a while since we have ttc...so we're like newbies at this again. So, what's an ava bracelet?

Also, just for fun, why does everyone say have sex every other day instead of every day around ovulation? Do you all follow that?

8. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: if you click back to the first page we were chatting about ava. Happy to answer any questions you have though. It's a fancy way of charting essentially.

Every other day statistically gives you as good a chance as every day. Only reason to not do it every day though is if you have a male fertility issue though. So we do every day, but mostly because we want to. I've very much been not in the mood once o happens so helps hubby feel less abandoned after o šŸ˜‚

9. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MamaBear87: LOL. That cracked me up. We basically stop all BD after O bc we're so exhausted. XD

@Ginaandcorey: I use this type of test, too, and I tried to pee on it in the afternoon at work one day and it was a total mess for me! I wasn't coordinated enough at all. I just wait until I get home and then dip it.

As for BD frequency, we've been trying for every day during the fertile window, but that normally shakes out to three/four out of five days, trying hard to hit O-1, O, and O+1. I have an apt. on Monday to talk about fertility treatment options and basically seeing what's going on, so we'll see if they suggest going to every other day instead.

10. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Ginaandcorey: a friend of mine said she just peed into the foil packets? I couldnā€™t figure it out but I also canā€™t wIt in the bathroom for 10 min to read a test. So I test every night around 7pm.

11. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

I've been trying to BD every night, mostly because DH doesn't want to know when I O because "It makes him nervous" LOL so I have to keep it consistent so he wont know the difference. Every now and then we skip a day or two It's so exhausting and makes my endometriosis flair up. But it'll all be worth it.

12. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I'm new at all this again with you. The last time we went through this was 3.5 years ago, It's amazing that we can forget something that consumed our lives for so long haha.

13. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: that's hilarious. And a great idea.
    @MrsMom: @afc061018: thanks so much for the tips. I appreciate it.
    @MamaBear87: ahhh I'll go check it out!

14. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Have reached the fun point in my cycle where I test and then google, ā€œcan an IUD cause uterine scar tissue and infertilityā€. I at least finally had the nerve to look up our local fertility clinic and found that most of their patients self-refer and they donā€™t require a referral, so I just have to verify benefits and then I might make myself an appointment for next month to rule out all the horrifying things I google.

15. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I know it's crappy but you've only been trying 3 months. Most likely everything is good! I decided to wait for the 6 month mark to have anything checked as I think it will just stress me out more if nothing is wrong

16. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@MamaBear87: well now I just feel silly.

17. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Ha! Congrats!!! And you're only like 9dpo aren't you?! That's a great line.

18. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: big congratulations!! I got my first bfp at 9dpo my last pregnancy! So happy for you!

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: congratulations!!!

20. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

I had a monitoring appointment this morning! I have two follicles on my right, 14mm and 15mm. Only small ones on my left. Looks like Iā€™m ovulating from my right again! Lining is only 5 something. Next appointment is Monday morning. šŸ¤ž

@Ms.Mermaid: Congrats!!

21. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs Lavender: hope everything continues to go well for you!

22. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: congratulations!

23. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Iā€™m CD 11 and already have an almost positive opk, which is super early for me, so hoping to get a positive tomorrow. Weā€™ve got a lot of tough family stuff going on right now, but hopefully this will be a good distraction

24. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Yay!! Congrats!

25. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

Got my embryo transferred this morning!! Now the wait begins!

26. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Mrs Lavender: hopefully everything continues in the right direction for you!

27. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LAZB: I hope your positive comes soon and iā€™m Sorry to hear your family is having a rough time. Hope this is a ,good distraction for you.

28. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Marfi: How exciting! I hope this is it for you!

29. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@MrsMom: @MamaBear87: Thanks! Hope so too.

@Marfi: Thank you! Beautiful embaby!

30. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Marfi: so exciting! Thinking sticky thoughts!
    @MrsMom: thank you, my bil passed away suddenly and there has been subsequent family drama, so any distraction is good

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Marfi: your embryo is adorable! Fingers crossed

32. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Marfi: all the luck to you friend!

33. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@MrsMom: if it was up to me Iā€™d just have one Birthday and invite everyone and say too bad but my DH feels bad that everyone would be uncomfortable. All holidays are a gong show at our house anyways so I figure whatā€™s another birthday thrown in the mix lol

Iā€™m already over this month. Feeling like we missed the window with our late start but trying to stay positive.

Just wondering is anybody else with a LO already still nursing? We are at bedtime and Iā€™m wondering if I should cut it out. I donā€™t think thereā€™s much left, heā€™s 2 now. But Iā€™m worried it might impact getting pregnant. However itā€™s my last sleep crutch and Iā€™m lazy!

34. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: yipee congrats!!

35. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@Marfi: Looking good! So, how did fertilization go?

36. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Hooray!! Congratulations! Want me to add it to this board or let it be on January's?

@Mrs Lavender: @Marfi: Sending positive thoughts to you both!

37. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Oh, yay, congrats!

38. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

@crazydoglady: Of our 12 eggs, 7 fertilized, we had 2 good to go today (one transferred and one frozen) and they are going to keep an eye on the other 5 and see if any of those can be frozen also.

39. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@Marfi: That's so great! Fingers so tightly crossed for you and thinking very good thoughts!

40. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LAZB: Iā€™m so sorry for your loss!

@yogifish: iā€™ve heard of women getting pregnant while nursing but it can be pretty difficult. My cousin was TTC for a several months while still nursing her LO at night only, she finally stopped nursing and fell pregnant. But everyone is different.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee