Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check in - 8/15

1. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@LovelyPlum: Aug 24th!

@Happygal: I know...half the time I think its bs, but then I think about all the trouble we've had this far and it gets me thinking. Blerg. Guess I should just focus on number 1 for now and hope that comes in the next year.

2. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@mrs.someone: I get that, and what a happy post that will be to write, hopefully very soon.

3. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Happygal: I know! I definitely thought I was hot stuff at 18. And I hear ya on grad school- I have missed it, but give me three weeks. My tune will likely change

@TheSwissWifeStyle: so, so fun!! I am excited for you!

4. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC? Cycle 23

What are your plans for this cycle? Waiting/prep to start IVF with next cycle.

How is your attitude/outlook? Anxious, impatient, hopeful

What have you struggled with most this week? Starting to get frustrated with my RE office for not returning my calls/not listening to my messages or answering my actual question when they did finally call back.

What is your diagnosis? Age, poor ovluation,imbalanced hormones, and now maybe some male factor.

Has your desired number of children changed since facing IF? No, I still want two. I will be so, so happy with one but will likely try again in a couple years if we only have one now.

On the note about my RE. I left 4 messages over the past week about needing help with my insurance for my medications. When they finally called me back, they transfered me to a nurse line. When they just called back and left a message it was "we have ordered all your meds through Freedom Pharmacy" (not through my insurance!) ARGH!!! I AM SO FRUSTRATED! end vent. Thanks for listening, ladies!

I am so ready to start IVF. We have little to no chance on this unmedicated cycle, that I really want this TWW to pass quickly. I need to catch up on your all's posts but hope you are doing well! Have a great weekend!

5. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@brownie: Thank you for sharing! Now I have an idea of what our timeline could be if they recommend IVF. I'm a crazy planner and not being able to plan has been driving me nuts

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

What cycle are you on/how long TTC? TTC for 2 yrs 2 mediated cycle

Plans this cycle? CD6 Clomid days 3-7 w/IUI

What is your attitude/outlook? I'm super hopeful injections made me over stimulate so I think clomid is the perfect fit with IUI for me

What have you struggled with this week? Getting ready for back to school/work..... and hot flashes at night.... side effect of clomid

What is your diagnosis? Low hormones, poor ovulation

Has your desired #if children changed since infertility? Nope, not yet!

7. TheReelDeal

kiwi / 742 posts

Tardy to the party this week!

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC?
    Since December 2012

What are your plans for this cycle?
    We had our IUI on Monday, so I'm in the TWW, ugh.

How is your attitude/outlook?
    I'm trying not to over think the whole IUI thing and if the timing was right. My nurse didn't give my DH's washed sperm results and I'm glad about it. I've been watching this fertilization video on Babycenter to remind me how difficult it really is to get knocked up.

What have you struggled with most this week?
    Nothing really, let's see in a couple of days when I'm 8 DPO looking up symptoms

What is your diagnosis?
    PCOS

Has your desired number of children changed since facing IF?
    I never had a real set in stone number, but kind of wanted 2. That may still be an option but I know with just getting 1 taking this long, #2 would have to be close on the heels.

8. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@macintosh: That lack of planning (and control) is the hardest thing about this journey. Even if you have a plan, it doesn't always follow our plan. When we did IVF for the first time, we had daily monitoring. We had a tentative retrieval date, but based on how I was responding they believed it would move back. Then based on THAT days blood work they called us in to get the HCG shot to transfer on the original day. It was crazy.

With this one, we planned for it to happen just before school started so I would be do just after school ended. Of course, my period started 4 days earlier than anticipated.

I found waiting the hardest but each step that we took got me a little closer and I planned the next one.

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@TheReelDeal: Fingers crossed for you, I'm hoping for my IUI next weekend :))))

10. TheReelDeal

kiwi / 742 posts

@faithfertility: Thanks!

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@TheReelDeal: How was it??

12. TheReelDeal

kiwi / 742 posts

@faithfertility: It was super easy. I don't know if you're going to do sperm washing, but that took longer than the actual procedure. The most uncomfortable part is inserting the speculum. I have an easy cervix (thanks TTC for blessing me with that bit of info) so the catheter went in smoothly. I had some brief cramping like an hour or so afterwards but nothing intense.

13. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@kentuckygirl: my RE ordered my meds and then the pharmacy contacted me to get my insurance information a couple days later. Hopefully they do the same for you!

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Thanks! I'm such a baby....lol but I actually just had a pap today and if I can handle that the nurse says it's the same....lol

15. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@kentuckygirl: Did you ever switch clinics or are you still with the first one? Do they usually order directly through your insurance? My clinics have always called the order in to the pharmacy, and then the pharmacy just runs it through my insurance. Freedom should be able to do that for you? It does sound like an issue though that you can't get anyone to speak to you directly! The IVF nurse should definitely be better with communication!

16. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

I'm so glad I decided to do the Estrace during my previous LP...at yesterday's monitoring appt I had 2 13mm and 2 10mm follies, without any meds this cycle! And my b/w showed that there are definitely more than 1 follicle producing E2 so FX I'll get at least one good one.

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@TheReelDeal: crazy ???? is the spectulum inserted just as if for an exam??? Or is it different?

18. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@Leialou: @spaniellove: Thanks ladies! I know my Menopur and Bravelle will have to be processed through my insurance's own speciality pharmacy. Hopefully Freedom Pharmacy can process some of the other items for me directly through my insurance.

@spaniellove: Yes, this is my new clinic. It sounded great. at first, that they had a direct line to the IVF nurses but then to realize that I always have to leave a message and then get a call back, when I may not always be available to talk is getting frustrating already.

19. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@spaniellove: please excuse my ignorance...but this is good, right? If so, I'm glad! If not, pay no attention to the girl who has no idea what she's talking about

20. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@TheReelDeal: Hoping your TWW is going well! Eager to hear your results!

21. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@spaniellove: This cycle and your new approach sounds very promising!!!

22. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@LovelyPlum: Haha it is good! Normally I'd have to do injectibles to get 2 follicles.

@kentuckygirl: That's how my clinic is...you can only leave messages and if you care at all you have to make it your job to take their calls! I knew about this going in b/c so many people posted about it so I turned up my ringer extra loud and took the phone everywhere with me, even the bathroom. (Sorry TMI!) I figure no matter who I have to interrupt for their calls, it's important for something like an IVF cycle!

In my continuing saga of bizarre cycles, I went in this morning and everything was gone! On a whim I did an OPK yesterday and it was positive, plus I had intense O pain on both sides, so taking that and my rising progesterone into account they decided I must have gone from 13mm on Friday to ovulating on both sides Sunday night or this morning. Crazy!

23. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@spaniellove: LOL about the bathroom! I wish my job would allow me to take their calls at any time, but I can't interrupt a disciplinary meeting with an employee for a personal call, no matter how important the call. Hopefully we don't have as much difficultly connecting in the future! Hope you and DH got some quality time this weekend!

24. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@spaniellove: oh good Well then I hope you had a great weekend!

25. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@kentuckygirl: Oh yeah that is a tough situation. Over time (hopefully not too much time) you'll probably get more comfortable with anticipating the hiccups in communication!

26. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@LovelyPlum: Thank you! Did you have your appt today? I hope it went/goes well!

27. TheReelDeal

kiwi / 742 posts

@spaniellove: That sounds very promising!

@kentuckygirl: I'm actually keeping in quite same this time, 7dpo is usually when I'm consulting with Dr. Google

@FaithFertility: Totally missed this. Yes, just like for a regular exam.

28. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@spaniellove: I did, thanks! And I came home.with an ultrasound picture of our little plum at 7w, so all in all, it went quite well Still irrationally nervous, but I have another us in two weeks, so trying to just enjoy.

29. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@LovelyPlum: saw the picture on some other thread. What a cute little thing!

@SpanielLove: so does this mean you're in the TWW now? That is crazy!

@KentuckyGirl: I'm sorry to hear about your clinic. It sounds like you have enough stress alone, and poor communication with your clinic doesn't need to be one more thing!

I've been feeling nostalgic and a little sad lately. It was this time last year that I had ordered all of my TTC stuff--"Taking Charge of Your Fertility," basal thermometer, supplements galore. I remember going to a wedding and overhearing my husband telling a friend that I was ovulating--it was all so new and exciting. And now--not so much.

I go tomorrow to the RE for the lovely transvaginal ultrasound. I'm so worried they're going to say that my lining didn't thicken up. The good thing is the doctor I don't really like isn't going to be there, so I get to see someone else! I'm looking forward to hearing his thoughts.

30. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

Did anyone else read the play "Waiting for Godot" in highschool/college? Every time I think about "Waiting for O" I always think about this play. Strangely similar, as its about 2 guys waiting and waiting around for some mysterious guy that they aren't even sure if/when he will show up. Anyway, thought I'd share

31. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Happygal: thank you! I hope that you get good news and that the new doc is helpful for you. I hear you on the nostalgia...mine wasn't even all that long ago, but I'm pretty sure that in March, I had some vague idea that TTC might be hard in some abstract way, because it was so for my parents. Little did I know what was in store for us. And I know that compared to some, my journey has been relatively easy! I hope yours has a happy ending very, very soon

@Mrs.Someone: That's a movie, too, right? If I'm thinking of the same one, that is an *awesome* comparison. The only movie I can think of that is more awkward is Napoleon Dynamite. I can't handle that movie at all.

32. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

One more question: do you ladies ever get sore after transvaginal ultrasounds? I usually don't, but today, I am so sore. I'm guessing it's from that, though...

33. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@LovelyPlum: Not sure if there was a movie, but considering the lack of plot in the book, I don't think I'd want to see it

I haven't gotten sore from the TV ultrasound (I've only had 2 though). But your uterus is expanding, so maybe that's why you're sore?

34. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@LovelyPlum: depends on how long the exam was. Sometimes I'm crampy afterwards. When they were measuring my uterine lining and checking to see if I ovulated, they rotated that thing all around and I found it uncomfortable.

35. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@LovelyPlum: It's possible your cervix is easily irritated right now because you're pregnant? Just like sex can hurt at certain times in the cycle. I've been going EOD for ultrasounds and it hasn't really been a problem for me, but the techs also tend to be gentle and ask me a lot if I'm okay.

36. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs.Someone: @Happygal: @spaniellove: thanks ladies. He was pretty gentle ( not like some techs...ouch), but I think I just get sore really easily now. And, it was a pretty long exam- so I'm sure that contributed.

@spaniellove: EOD? Yuck. I've had 3 in the last five weeks. I don't mind them usually, but EOD is a lot. All for a good cause, though!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee