Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2013 Due Dates

1. pl0508

GOLD / grapefruit / 4007 posts

@pinkb: wow only 30 mins to push!!! Amazing !!!

@birdofafeather: LOVE the name ! Congrats mama ! I know she is beautiful !

2. heartsnsunshine

cherry / 165 posts

baby maxim alexander came into the world at 522pm 7lb 4oz 20.5 inches! i was 39w5d

3. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@pinkb: wow what a story! after all you went through, you deserved a short pushing period! so cute that your husband "pushed" along with you. congratulations again, and thank you for sharing!

4. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@birdofafeather: congratulations!!! rowan is a beautiful name. enjoy your new little family!

@heartsnsunshine: welcome maxim and congratulations!

all this wonderful news--hooray for january 2013 mommas!

5. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@birdofafeather: congratulations!

@heartsnsunshine: congrats to you too!

Love the names, ladies!

6. pl0508

@heartsnsunshine: congratulations!!!!!

7. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@birdofafeather: @heartsnsunshine: congrats ladies!! You both picked such great names!

8. Kffw

grape / 89 posts

So happy for all of you!!! Busy day for January mommas! Im jealous that I wasn't pushing too!

That induction scheduled for next Friday is looking more and more likely. Went to the doc yesterday and had barely progressed (still 1 cm and now 60% effaced). I asked for a membrane sweep and she said she would if she could reach it. She said she could reach but I do not believe she did it. Nothing hurt and she was only "in there" for a couple seconds. I have not had any spotting either. She said she didn't want the baby to come this weekend because she would be out of town....so I wonder if maybe that is why she didn't do it? Or maybe she did and it was just super fast? Anyway, my sis was supposed to fly in today but we have pushed back her trip til next week for the induction just in case. Figuring out how to plan for my sis to be here has been the hardest part of the process!

9. pl0508

@Kffw: I don't think our LO one will come before our induction date either but really hope he will ! Are they giving you cervidil the night before induction ?

10. Andrea

GOLD / wonderful coffee bean / 18478 posts

@birdofafeather: @heartsnsunshine: big congrats to you both!

11. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@birdofafeather: @heartsnsunshine: Aww, Maxim and Rowan. Such great names! Congratulations to both if you and your families!

@pinkb: Thank you for sharing your birth story. Man, just 30 minutes of pushing! Wow!

12. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@Kffw: We are scheduled for induction on Thursday, and I am trying to come to grips with the fact that I think that Baby Boy is just not going to come on his own before then.

The most frustrating thing is that I keep getting contractions and get my hopes up and then they don't go anywhere. I was in a really crappy mood yesterday and cried like 3 times from frustration. I ignored phone calls from my MIL, my sister, and one of my best friends. I just wish people would stop calling, texting, emailing, and facebooking....if I had news to share, I'd share it! I know it comes from a good place, but it's frustrating.

13. Kffw

grape / 89 posts

@coacheswife: me too! I thought my water was leaking on Thursday and was having contractions and thought it was happening! Then I had contractions all day yesterday but they are false labor I guess. I cried all the way home from my appt. Now, Im trying to just relish in my last 6 days of peace and quiet with just me, DH, and the furbabies!

14. Kffw

grape / 89 posts

@coacheswife: she said the name of the medicine but it wasn't cervadil. Some kind of prostaglandin.

15. pl0508

@Kffw: so frustrating !!i haven't had any contractions at all !!! We are enjoying our last days as well. I just cleaned the whole house with DH and it feels good to have that done !

16. Kffw

grape / 89 posts

@coacheswife and @littlebug- sorry littlebug- I meant to address my first response up there to you!
    I think we will probably clean today too! It is yucky and rainy out so we might as well!

17. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@littlebug: @coacheswife123: @Kffw: I know how frustrating those last few days are. You'll be mamas soon! It will happen. In the meantime....this website helped me fend off some annoying well wisher.
    http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

18. Kffw

grape / 89 posts

@oliviabolivia: lol! Love it!!!

19. pl0508

@oliviaoblivia: too funny !!!

20. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@Kffw: Is it Cytotec? That's what they're giving me the night before induction.

So we ended up in L&D triage today. I thought my water broke (was on the toilet and wasn't sure if it was my water breaking or a lot of pee, then same thing in the shower). Called the OB on-call and she had me go get checked out. False alarm - just a lot of pee! Still just 1cm, too. Boo. Told Baby to stop teasing his mama!

21. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@birdofafeather: @heartsnsunshine: Congrats!!

22. Kffw

grape / 89 posts

@littlebug: yes I think that is it! Boo on the false alarm!! Hopefully soon!!!

23. lolabee

kiwi / 662 posts

Just wanted to stop in and say a huge congratulations to all of the January Mama's. Wishing the rest of you wonderful labor and deliveries!

24. pl0508

@lolabee: will be your turn before you know it thanks !!

25. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Hahaha! Would it be totally rude of me to put that on my Facebook wall?

26. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@lolabee: Thanks!

27. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@Kffw: oh bummer on the false alarm! it's so hard at this point. i'm like you, just trying to enjoy time with the husband and furbabies (do you have dogs or cats? we have dogs). my sister is also coming into town and planning that has felt like a crapshoot. i hope he comes while she is in town, but who knows.

@littlebug: so frustrating, especially with all the contractions you've been having! my fingers tightly crossed that you'll go into labor soon. i've had no contractions whatsoever, and have started thinking more about induction just to get comfortable with the idea (although my "ideal" was to go natural).

28. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@coacheswife123: no contractions for me either! like you, just trying to enjoy the remaining time, and finally got most of our baby gear ready to go.

29. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

@birdofafeather: @heartsnsunshine: Congrats! Lovely names!

30. allison

pear / 1895 posts

This baby is driving me crazy! S/he keeps shifting from one side to the other. So sometimes more posterior (on the right), sometimes more anterior (on the left). I've been reading up on SpinningBabies.com, but I don't even know when/if I should try any of the exercises because as soon as I decide s/he is going to stay put, bam! Shifts again.

@littlebug: I've been having contractions for like a month now. I have no idea how I'll know that I'm really in labor, until it's been like 4 hours or something. Are your contractions painful and close together? Sometimes mine are, sometimes not. The longest session I've had was 2.5 hours of painful contractions, 7 minutes apart. Then they just stopped! Agh, so frustrating!

31. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@allison: Yeah, I was talking to my mom yesterday, and told her the same thing, that I have no idea how I'm going to know. I stopped taking them because I get so frustrated when they go nowhere. I told Hubs we're going to end up with a home birth because I won't have a clue when it's time to go to the hospital. I've been assured, though, thatI'll "know" when they're real, so....

I've been having contractions since New Years Eve. Most of the time they're not exactly painful, although they're definitely very uncomfortable. They have been getting more intense, and even yesterday after we got home from triage, I had several that made me stop in my tracks as we were taking a walk. So, yeah...no idea how I'm gonna know.

32. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@heartsnsunshine: love his name! Congrats! Shared birthdays for our little ones and both started with broken waters! We'll have to swap stories soon.

Rowan had slight jaundice so she's under the lights and we've been breast feeding every 2 or so hours to try to get her numbers down. And we just got news that its down! So now we wait on our docs to clear us. Sounds like mine is tending to laboring moms at another hospital so we still won't go home until the afternoon, but I'm glad she's well!

33. pl0508

So glad her numbers are down !!!

34. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@birdofafeather: so glad you and Rowan will be heading home soon!

35. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@birdofafeather: So I was perusing my Google Reader feed just now, and I came upon a baby shower post from ontobaby.com.

http://www.ontobaby.com/2013/01/classic-storybook-themed-baby-shower/

This is you, right?! Gorgeous shower!

36. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@birdofafeather: @heartsnsunshine: CONGRATS mommas!
    I LOVE the names.
    Rowan is actually my oldest DD name. Yay!!!

@allison: I am there with you. Baby keeps swapping from side to side. I have been having contractions since 35 weeks, but nothing to where I can even time them. Too random yet!

Im 38 weeks this week. So I know its still "early" for me. But man am I antsy. I just REALLY wish she would be a little early vs. late. With DH leaving soon and for so long, everyday is one more day he could have with her before he goes!

37. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@allison: yep!! good eye!! i totally forgot it was going to be up until my SIL was here visiting this morning and mentioned the shower photos... i was like, oh yeah! it's being featured today! and she's here!

38. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Rescuemom10: what?! i love it! (obviously) how fun!

39. pl0508

I posted an individual thread but wanted to update on here too ... Induction rescheduled for Sunday. Was supposed to be tomorrow. My doc called to tell me there was a "scheduling issue " this morning. I was so mad and upset. Cried for about two hours but feeling better now

40. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

Had a cervical check today 38w3d, since my next appt isn't till my due date. My cervix is "doing a whole lotta nothing" according to the dr. Greeaaattt. I keep telling myself it doesn't mean anything...8 days left at work till my due date...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee