Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2013 Due Dates

1. allison

pear / 1895 posts

I'm about to bounce on the yoga ball and watch some Dexter. Let's get this show on the road!

2. pl0508

GOLD / grapefruit / 4007 posts

@edelweiss: wahoo !!!!

3. Kffw

grape / 89 posts

@edelweiss and @coacheswife: yay for progress!!!

I'm guess I'm going to make it to my induction tomorrow night! No activity here. Oh well. I keep trying to think of anything I've forgotten to do or pack. All our family gets in tomorrow night.

4. pl0508

@Kffw: will be thinking of you !!!

5. allison

pear / 1895 posts

Oh my GOD I am having the worst time trying to get my free breast pump situation worked out with my insurance. Actually, my ins. company has been perfect! It's the DME provider that keeps giving me weird information. The latest is that I have to pay 30% and I can't get it until after the baby is born. Apparently, my physician's office gave them this information, though? Ugh. Also, they were trying to tell me that I didn't have any choice in what pump I got. Which also isn't true! I can get a Medela Pump-in-style covered at 100%, and I can get it now, while pregnant. Why do these companies have to be so difficult!?

Sorry, rant over.

Did everyone else get their free pump?

6. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@birdofafeather: she's sooo cute!!!

7. pl0508

@allison: I really need to call about this but have been avoiding because I don't want to get the run around. Blah !

8. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@allison: i need to call my insurance and see what i need to do to get my pump. i was waiting until after the new year since my plan changed so now i am eligible. i won't need it for a while since i have 12 weeks maternity leave, but it looks like it may possibly take a while with insurance, right? guess i should start on that process.

9. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@birdofafeather: Seems as though there's a product shortage with some companies, because of the huge influx of women who now qualify for a free pump. I was told mine may take a little while to get here because of it. So yeah, I'd go ahead and do it ASAP.

10. pl0508

Anyone else sick of family members calling for updates ? My grandmother is wearing me out. I know they all mean well but I'm pretty much ready to say I will call you if I have an update to give !!!

ETA: my MIL also called me and text me 3 times in 30 min after my doc appt today. I was at lunch so didn't have my phone out . All the text were like " how did the appt to ???" And "please text me back so I can know how the appt went". So frustrating for me. I feel like everyone's mind is on my vagina 24/7

11. jedeve

pomegranate / 3643 posts

The equipment company told me I need a prescription, and now I have one but I don't know what to do with it.

12. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@allison: mine only offers the purchase of a manual pump(joke) or the rental of a hospital grade pump for 3 months.

I finally got the correct information after talking to the counselor for my insurance's "healthy baby" program. So if your insurance has one of those i would suggest trying that route.

My coworker called our insurance the other day and they would not even speak to her about what is covered! They refused!

I got my prescription, I just have to take it to the equipment supplier.

13. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@jedeve: Fax it to the equipment company. They will file with your insurance company and send you the pump.

14. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

Well I just had my 38 week check. The doc told me a cervical check was optional this time. I opted to not get one. I just dont want to know. Doc had a hard time fidning her heart beat and started to get worried she changed positions. So had a last min u/s. Thank goodness she is still in a good position and head down. He looked so releived he held his concern well.
    Who all had or will have a membrane sweep/strip?
    My doc said he would do this next week if able.

15. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@Rescuemom10: I had a sweep today, actually. It wasn't TOO bad.

I'm officially depressed. I know it's not really an indication of when I'll go into labor, but I am only 1 cm dilated and 25% effaced. What?! I've been having contractions for 6 weeks, and I get 1 cm? So unfair. So I opted for the sweep, and I also did a chiropractic induction (which was very mild and not nearly as invasive as it sounds).

I pulled a muscle in my belly this morning in the shower. It hurts a lot when I laugh, which is a bummer.

I think I've turned a corner, because I am officially ready to evict the baby! Today has been a grumpy day for me. I'm going to take a LUSH bath and hope tomorrow is better

16. pl0508

@Rescuemom10: whew! glad she is still head down!

@allison: I think we are all getting to this point! I just keep telling myself that the numbers really don't mean anything. My nurse was at 0, got checked at 37 weeks, lost her mucus plug the next day and water broke a few hours later. I'm hoping I am still progressing and it is killing me to have no idea! it is out of our hands, girl!

17. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@allison: Boo on having a grumpy day. Although I know we all have had them especially right here at the end of preg.
    How was the LUSH bath? Ahhh I love LUSH.

@coacheswife123: Well put. Thats what I keep telling myself. I know I am the last in this thread and the latest DD, but man I am exceptionally anxious especially with DH leaving soon. REALLY want to have her a little early vs. a little late for DH to have more time.

Wishing labor luck to all still waiting!!!!!

18. pl0508

@Rescuemom10: I really hope you go early - just for you and your DH!!!

19. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

Hey guys! So after 27 hours of labor, and 3 hours of pushing, Daxon Michael finally arrived last night at 11:46pm. He scared us a bit when he first came out and want breathing, but after a minute on oxygen he bounced back and is doing great today. I had a vacuum-assisted vaginal delivery, so I am tired and sore today, but Hubs and I couldn't be happier. I'll be back soon with a more detailed birth story for you.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

20. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@littlebug: love all that hair! He's super cute. Congratulations! And best wishes for a speedy recovery.

21. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@littlebug: CONGRATS!!! Love the name and what a handsome boy!!!!

22. pl0508

@littlebug: Oh congrats!!!! He is such a cute and I love the name!

23. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@littlebug: congrats!!! Daxon is so sweet!

24. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@birdofafeather: & @littlebug: Congrats ladies!!! January mommas are picking some great names!! So cute

25. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@littlebug: congrats!!! he is so cute and i love his name hope you are feeling well

26. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@littlebug: I commented on your blog but congrats! He's adorable and you're a champ.

I have had spotting and cramping allll day today. Hope it's the start of something. I would really like to go a bit early due to DH's job's dickwaddery.

27. Jumpingjacks

apricot / 426 posts

@coacheswife123: I'm starting to get the calls too. Funny -- if I don't answer, they are calling my brother to ask him if he knows if I've had the baby!

@littlebug: congrats! So much hair!!!

@Rescuemom10: My midwives attempted the membrane sweep at my 40 week appointment and they couldn't do it because I wasn't dilated AT ALL! Disappointing. Looks like this kid is going to be nice and late -- and here I am all ready to go!

28. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

Alice JoAnn was born Wed night after an unplanned c section. The induction was not going well.. We're both doing great, but it has been exhausting. We finally get to go home tomorrow and I can't wait! She's 6 pds 14oz and 19.5 inches. She's named after DH's great grandmother and my Grannie, two women we were close to and who both had a great deal of moxie.

29. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@BlueWolverine: so glad you are both doing well! Congrats! C-sections suck, but cutie little girl babies are totally worth it!

30. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@BlueWolverine: congratulations! That's a great name.
    I definitely had my bloody show this morning...lets get this party started!

31. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

Also, just saw in the paper that only immediate family can visit the obstetrics floors of our hospital due to the flu. So I guess I won't be getting tons of visitors!

32. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@BlueWolverine: Congrats! You gotta love a girl with a lot of moxie!

@dagret: I hope that means things get moving for you! Good luck!

33. pl0508

@BlueWolverine: congrats mama !!!

@dagret: woo hop keep us updated!

We went to L&D last night after I stared having mild contractions and a slight pinkish fluid leak but got sent home. Still contracting though so I hope things get rolling before my induction tomorrow. I check in tonight to get the cervical prep

34. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@dagret: great news, keep us posted! Good luck!

@coacheswife123: good luck to you mama! Can't wait for your update!

35. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

Went to l&d about 10pm; got sent home w ambien. I was .5 cm dilated but almost fully effaced. Ambien made me loopy and hallucinate...contractions are more like 7's/hard to walk at this point.

36. pl0508

Had a night full of contractions and got 0 sleep. Just had my water broken and I'm at 80% and 2 cm. I want my epi so bad. Should get it soon. Pitocin has started.

37. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@coacheswife123: Exciting!!

38. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@dagret: @coacheswife123: looks like you two might have birthday twins! Good luck ladies! I'll be looking forward to your updates!

39. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@coacheswife123: Sounds like things are ramping up! Good luck!

@dagret: Oh, I'm sorry - that's so frustrating! I hope you're able to check in and get things going soon!

40. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

So during labor and delivery, I kept a notebook of what was happening. Here are my notes, with a few of my own thoughts/reflections thrown in:

-wednesday morning, i lost my mucus plug. and wednesday afternoon, i started having irregular contractions. right around 9pm, they were more regular - about 7 minutes apart.
    -called l&d triage at 9pm, as instructed. was told an rn would call me back. rn called back around 9:30 and told us to come to triage at 10:30. we laid around the house a bit more, enjoying our last few minutes together, then packed up the car and headed over to the hospital.
    -10:45pm - check in at l&d triage (nurse patty)
    -11pm - placed on monitors and cervical check - still 1cm, 50% effaced. baby's heart rate is "beautiful."
    -got iv for fluids. took 3 tries (ended up in left hand)
    -11:30pm - baby's heart rate dropped. i got o2. 4rns and the ob came in. had me flip side to side, then on all 4s. baby's heart rate finally came back to baseline (120s).
    -12am - transferred to l&d. checked in with new rn (rosie)
    tried to sleep - too nervous, too many contractions, too much noise, what have you
    -1:30am - ob (dr. piccone) explained that i am contracting quite a bit already, and with the baby's heart rate drop earlier, they decided to skip the cytotec and go straight to low dose pitocin.
    -2am - started on low dose pitocin to ripen cervix. told it will be 1mg for an hour, then 2mg for hour, then up to 4mg, where it'll stay for a while. definitely feeling contractions but they aren't painful. just tightening of belly and down in groin.
    -4:30am - 4mg pitocin. cervical check - still 1cm, 50%, -1 station. contractions are stronger and becoming painful. when lying on back, hurts in ribcage.
    -7am - new rns (sandi and katrina)
    -11:30am - contractions about 2-2 1/2 minutes apart. matt and i start talking about getting an epidural. we decided that if i haven't dilated, i will probably get one just so that i can rest.
    -12pm - cervical check - 2cm, 90%, -1 station. discussed options - break water and hope to move things along, or epidural. chose the epidural.
    -12:30pm - epidural placed. can't feel contractions (yay!). bp issues - flipped sides, increased iv fluids, placed on o2.
    -1-3pm - slept! once they regulated my blood pressure, i could hardly keep my eyes open. the nurse was talking to me and i could barely pay attention.
    -3:30pm - straight cath
    -4:30pm - discussed possibility of foley bulb to dilate. cervical check - 2-3cm, 90%, -1 station. foley bulb would not be appropriate - it falls out at 3cm. o2 off.
    -5:30pm - felt a lot of wetness. thought maybe water broke. more bp issues - flipped sides, iv fluids, placed on o2.
    -7:15pm - straight cath. new rn (laura).
    -8:15pm - dr. piccone checked. 4cm, 90%, -1 station. manually broke water bag.
    -9pm - 7cm. feeling intense pressure and need to push. started to push.
    -11:46pm - delivery! dr. used the vacuum to assist. he got stuck in between contractions (i thought i was going to split open - it was so painful. i wanted to keep pushing but dr. p told me to wait - continuing to push would have been useless and just made me too exhausted). one more contraction, and he was out. he wasn't breathing when he came out. treated in the in-suite nicu setup by nicu team. given o2 and started breathing on his own after about a minute. once i was stitched up and he was stabilized, they brought him over for a brief snuggle before taking him to the nursery to monitor for 4 hours.
    -2am - transferred to maternity. daxon stayed in nursery overnight until about 6am.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee