Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2013 Due Dates

1. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@shoemama: Can't wait to hear how your scan went!

@Andrea: Welcome!

2. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@oliviaoblivia: My doc doesnt see anyone until they are between 10-12 weeks. I think the doc is on vacation around this time too. So all I have had or done and up until then is some labs and talk to a nurse. Just anxious but like you said, It will be exciting seeing as it will actually look more like a baby the first time I see him/her.

3. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

just got back from the scan! the u/s tech said everything looked fine...we have to wait to hear from the Dr. it was amazing how much the baby looks like a baby now and not a blob!!

4. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@shoemama: Congrats on your great scan. Ours is tomorrow and I'm so excited!

@Rescuemom10: We had to wait for the same reasons. Sooo frustrating.

@Andrea: Glad you are finally here you sneaky lady!

5. Andrea

GOLD / wonderful coffee bean / 18478 posts

@eiko2010: thanks!!

@oliviaoblivia: hehe, I do feel a little bit sneaky. I am trying to go back and start reading from pg 1. Ack, information overload! Sorry I am so far behind. Thanks for much for putting together that due date list. There are so many people in January. This is going to be so fun!

6. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Andrea: I know! I think to be on page 7 when we're not yet out of the first trimester is pretty good!

7. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@shoemama: awesome to hear. How exciting. : )

8. Andrea

@oliviaoblivia: We'll aim to beat the May 2011 thread!!

9. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@Andrea: is this your first baby?

10. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@oliviaoblivia: good luck tomorrow! it is very neat to see

11. Andrea

@shoemama: my 2nd! I already have a daughter. I see that you have a son already? Congrats on your scan! This was your NT scan? I had mine last week and it looked fine, too. Hooray!

12. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@Andrea: yes my 2nd as well! my son is 2 1/2! Yes this was my NT scan. I didnt have one with my son...we were out of town during the time frame when i could have it!

13. Andrea

@shoemama: DD turned 2 yo two months ago. Glad you could have one this time! Did they give you any gender guesses? The tech tentatively told us that we are probably going to be having another girl!

14. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@Andrea: it was still a little early to tell so we are waiting to find out on August 6th at our big u/s. can't wait to find out and go shopping!

15. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

So we have one healthy squirmy baby! Our tech was getting annoyed at how wiggly the baby was. What a wonderful feeling seeing the baby for the first time. It was measuring a few days early EDD of 01/05/13 now. And our tech doesn't believe in nub theory. Overall, the best day ever!

16. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Wooohooo! I am so excited for you! So gald it went well.

I am still trying so hard to be PATIENT for my first u/s. Ugh

17. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Rescuemom10: You are getting closer everyday and it will be SO worth it!

18. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@oliviaoblivia: yay! how exciting

19. Andrea

@shoemama: ya I can't wait for the final verification!

@oliviaoblivia: Yay! Glad everything looks a-ok!!

20. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@oliviaoblivia: yay for the first U/S!

21. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Aw, baby was excited to show off for mom and dad!

We told our families this weekend and then made the Facebook-official announcement!

22. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

Glad to hear that everyone's first scans are going well. I have my first appt with my ob/gyn practice this thursday...so that's exciting.

I just can't wait for my first trimester to be over (I'm 10wk 2d). I'm so sick of being tired! I weeded for about 45 min this am and was just wiped afterwards. And I'm really ready to have food appeal to me again. Nothing ever sounds good, even when I'm starving, and I'm sosick of carbs! This time of year I'm usually eating super healthy, and I can barely stand to look at a salad right now.

23. Mrs Green Grass

pomelo / 5628 posts

@dagret: I can't eat salad either. I've ordered it twice - then when it comes, I just can't eat it! I'm still pretty tired, but I'm feeling better in general and it started right around 11 weeks.

24. Jumpingjacks

apricot / 426 posts

@oliviaoblivia: That's great.

Our scan is in one week.

25. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

It sounds like everyone is doing well! Good luck to the ladies with scans and appointments this week. (Dagret and Jumping Jacks, and Rescuemom next week)

I'm happy to report that I've had no morning sickness at all since 11 weeks. There is a light at the end of the puking!

I was thinking it's almost time for updates....

EDD: Updated to Jan. 5th
    How far along? 13w1d
    Total weight gain: -6
    Maternity clothes? Mix and match, some maternity pants. Mostly making use of stretchy waist bands on skirts and dresses at the moment. My dress shirts don't fit anymore
    Stretch marks? Yep. Boobs have gotten new ones.
    Best moment this week: Seeing the wiggly baby at our first ultrasound.
    Food cravings: Strawberries
    Symptoms: Not many right now - happy morning sickness has subsided.
    Looking forward to: Officially being in the second trimester.
    Baby Number? Numero Uno for us.
    Recent milestone: First NT scan and FB announcement.

26. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

EDD: January 2nd
    How far along? 13w5d
    Total weight gain: 6 lbs
    Maternity clothes? one pair of maternity pants and lots of leggings and dresses!!!
    Stretch marks? just one on my belly button to match the one from my last pregnancy
    Best moment this week: seeing the baby on the u/s and i swear i felt some slight movement this week...is that possible?
    Food cravings: Carbs only
    Symptoms: still sooo sick every morning and so tired by 7pm every night
    Looking forward to: this week...my morning sickness mostly ended when I was 14 weeks last time
    Baby Number? 2
    Recent milestone: U/S last Thursday!

27. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

YAY! Updates!

EDD: January 10
    How far along? 12w4d
    Total weight gain: 3 lbs
    Maternity clothes? None, but definitely relying on the belly band most of the time.
    Stretch marks? None so far!
    Best moment this week: Telling our families and going facebook-public!
    Food cravings: Mexican
    Symptoms: Just a little sleepy. And bloated. And I've had a headache/migraine since last Monday, but I'm not sure if that's pregnancy-related or weather-related.
    Looking forward to: OB appt tonight.
    Baby Number? First one!
    Recent milestone: First glimpse at baby last Tuesday! And going public with the pregnancy!

28. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

EDD: I say Jan 28th. Hospital says 31st. We will see at first U/S
    How far along? 10 wk tomorrow
    Total weight gain: -5
    Maternity clothes? Not yet.
    Stretch marks? So far none that I have noticed.
    Best moment this week: Yesterday actually. I felt normal and like my "old" me. It was kind of scary feeling so good.
    Food cravings: All I want is Veggies and yoghurt
    Symptoms: Just lots of bloating and slight cramping. I have been lucky enough to not have morning sickness (knock on wood)
    Baby Number? Number one for me, number two for DH.
    Recent milestone: Hmmm......Just gald to be hitting 10 weeks tomorrow and having a sticky baby. One week closer to finally seeing the LO. Cant wait to have my 1st U/S.

29. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

EDD: January 15th
    How far along? 11w6d
    Total weight gain: hm... -2 from my 1st appt, but +6 from my own heaviest weight in general. bloated at the 1st appt?
    Maternity clothes? just a belly band that i wear sometimes.
    Stretch marks? no
    Best moment this week: telling my best friends and then having one of them tell us at the same time that's she's pregnant too! 3 weeks behind me.
    Food cravings: none.
    Symptoms: tired and peeing a lot.
    Looking forward to: being in the 2nd trimester and our next appt at 15 weeks to hear the HB again. trying to hold out on FB announcements until the gender scan. we'll see how that goes!
    Baby Number? first! and it's the first grandkid on either side.
    Recent milestone: hearing the HB for the first time (175)!

30. Jumpingjacks

apricot / 426 posts

EDD: January 17th
    How far along? 11w5d
    Total weight gain: Zero, but I have a small bump detectable only by me and DH.
    Maternity clothes? Not yet.
    Stretch marks? none
    Best moment this week: I slept through the entire night on Saturday without waking. A first in quite a while.
    Food cravings: was craving garlic bread the other day, but mostly I don't want food at all.
    Symptoms: Still experiencing some pretty intense morning sickness, tired and peeing.
    Looking forward to: U/S on July 10 and then telling more people.
    Baby Number? One.
    Recent milestone: Surpassing 11 weeks. I feel like the count down is on now to get out of the first tri.

31. jedeve

pomegranate / 3643 posts

Yay! It's fun to compare.

EDD: January 11th
    How far along? 12w3d
    Total weight gain: +8 (me blushing)
    Stretch marks? not yet.
    Best moment this week: Turned in an application for outstanding thesis award. Not baby related, huh?
    Food cravings: Nothing major, but milk and mac n cheese always sound good.
    Symptoms: Can't sleep for being hungry. I binge (on healthy foods) before I go to bed so I can sleep, then wake up 2-3x to eat a banana or yogurt or something. Hence the 8 lbs.
    Looking forward to: being in the 2nd trimester. I think my mom *refuses* to get excited until then. (We told them at 6 weeks, rest of the family between 8-10).
    Baby Number? First for us, first grandkid, and first great-grandkid for everyone!
    Recent milestone: Noticeable bump in the week by week pictures.

32. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Jumpingjacks: i'm so jealous that you were able to sleep through the night. that hasn't happened for me for +2 months!

33. Jumpingjacks

apricot / 426 posts

@birdofafeather: I got some good exercise on Saturday and I think that's what helped me sleep. Unfortunately it didn't last though. Last night was terrible.

34. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@birdofafeather: Wow, I am impressed that you're trying to hold on the facebook announcement until the gender scan! There is now way I'd have strength for that!

@jumpingjacks: @birdofafeather: At first I was like "Man, I am sleeping through the night, that must be horrible!" Then I realized I'm not, actually. I'm just so used to it by now! Ha ha.

35. jedeve

pomegranate / 3643 posts

Second trimester today!!!! WOOT!

Going off of 13 week trimesters anyway. Which I'm fine with, since they moved our due date up after our US. Based on my LMP I'm 14 weeks 5 days. So I really doubt I'd go over 40.

So yay! Who else has "made it"?

36. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@jedeve: I'm 13w1d today!

I got a call from my OB yesterday that my toxoplasmosis screen is positive. So on Monday I have to go see a high-risk OB and have a diagnostic ultrasound (they look for developmental issues in the baby), a consult, and additional blood work that will get sent out to a lab in Palo Atlo, CA that specializes in toxoplasmosis. Our cat got toxo a week after we brought her home from the rescue shelter, so I'm definitely nervous that this is a new infection and not just antibodies. Kind of freaking out, but also trying to remain calm. If it's just antibodies, then I'm find and - most importantly - baby is fine. But if it's an infection, I'm at a higher risk for miscarriage and baby is at risk for neurological defects. Hopefully this all turns out to be nothing and everything is ok!

37. Andrea

@jedeve: woot! I am 15 w tomorrow. Yay, for milestones!

@eiko2010: That is crazy! Good for you for staying calm. My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

38. jedeve

pomegranate / 3643 posts

@eiko2010: Oh no! That sounds so scary. Were you having symptoms or was it just a routine test? When did they do it?

My theory (that I just developed to get through 1st trimester miscarriage worries) is that there is no harm in convincing yourself everything is going to be OK. I think we like to worry in part so we don't feel stupid when something goes wrong, thinking "how could I have been so naive?" But we can acknowledge a risk without having to dwell on it. So convince yourself its just antibodies (I'm sure it is!) and it won't make it any harder if it does turn out to be an infection. But it could save yourself some worry.

39. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@jedeve: At my 8-week appointment, my OB asked me if we had a cat. I said yes, so she added a toxo screen to the routine prenatal blood work (rh status, anemia, etc). At my 12-week, she asked if I'd gotten the blood work done and I, of course, had, but they hadn't gotten it yet. So she had to call and have it sent it, which kind of pisses me off (at the lab, not my OB's office). I'm annoyed because this could have been caught sooner. Not sure if it would have made a difference, but if it would have...

I'm really trying to stay positive and tell myself it's antibodies that I already had from our cat growing up, which means that I'm immune and couldn't have gotten it from our new cat.

@andrea: @jedeve: Thanks for the words of encouragement, and I'll keep you guys posted!

40. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@eiko2010: i'm thinking about you! hope you get the results soon and it's just antibodies!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee