Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2013 Due Dates

1. jedeve

pomegranate / 3643 posts

Hi! I've been following this all along, but I finally signed up. I'm 10w5days based on the ultrasound, 12w2 based on my LMP. But I'll go with the former, putting me at Jan 11th.

I've got a bit of a belly. I'd like to say it's bloating, but I've put on 9lbs already! And most of that is probably my boobs. I need new bras desperately, but want to wait till they stop growing. Which doesn't seem it'll ever happen.

2. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@jedeve: Welcome!

3. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@jedeve: Welcome! I am 8 weeks and I have gained 7lbs. I feel ya! I swear mine is bloating. I feel crazy bloated all the time and def am wearing flowy tops.

4. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@jedeve: Welcome!

5. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Thanks for putting that list together! My EDD changed to 1/10 since my first OB appointment. But that list is great! It will be fun to follow along and see who actually delivers on their due date (a thousand years from now, ha!)

6. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@eiko2010: You are three days closer to the finish line! Jealous!

I'm pretty much out of my clothes at this point. Living in just the dresses that my boobs can still fit in. I didn't expect this so soon. Most pants are a no-go

7. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Yeah, I need a belly band for a lot of my pants these days. Dresses are my new best friends!

8. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

I have my 12 week appointment in a few hours!!! I feel huge, this is my second and I look like I did at 16 weeks last time, but I'm 12...

9. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

I'm 10w4d, and I think I've gained a pound or two. Unfortunately, when I got pregnant, I weighed more than I ever have, so even my fat pants are not going to last much longer. I'm trying very hard to stay within the 20 pound recommended gain, but I just feel so hungry. I finally put myself on an exercise plan again. I had been exercising before, but we had a few issues and doc told me not vigorous exercise, which I translated to none because she freaked me out.

Oh, the bloating and gas. I'm so uncomfortable at night. And poor DH is just getting used to me belching in front of him. Not my typical behavior. I try not to audibly fart in front of him...but honestly, anything to make me feel better.

10. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

just heard the heart beat!!! it is the best sound in the world

11. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@shoemama: Yay!

@bluewolverine: Oh, hubs is totally used to me farting in front of him at this point. The worst part? The other day, I farted at work. It just slipped out, but it was LOUD and I was walking down the hallway and there were at least 5 people around. AWFUL.

12. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@BlueWolverine: I'm in the same boat. When i got pregnant I was the heaviest I've been in eight years. Ugh, clothes are getting tight and my boobs blew up. I broke down and bought some Maternity Clothes last week. I'm 11 weeks 4 days.

I'm hungry a lot and the gas, burping and heartburn. Just Ugh. I am exercising a bit. walking on the treadmill mostly. I'm also starting to get lots of aches and it's making it hard to get comfortable at night.

13. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@shoemama: Yay!

14. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

is everyone doing the nucal scan ultrasound? I am having mine next week, but I didn't have one with my first and I'm a little nervous!

15. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@shoemama: Mine is not even scheduled yet but I am having one.

16. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@shoemama: Mine is next week as well. I'm nervous about the scan, but it will be our first ultrasound so I'm excited to see the baby.

17. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@oliviaoblivia: oh that's so exciting!!! what is your DD again? mine is Jan 2nd

18. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@shoemama: Jan. 7th or 8th.

19. heartsnsunshine

cherry / 165 posts

@shoemama: DH and I have been indifferent in doing this...I feel like all the doctors we've talked to ( I've had two visits so far) , have been "pressuring" us to do genetic testing and the Nscan. Im pretty sure that our insurance covers them all , but we aren't in any high risk groups for genetic disorders, and if our baby does have Down's, it wont change our feelings ( I guess we could plan for after baby is born..) Although it would be another time to be able to see the little one....

20. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@heartsnsunshine: You last sentenced summed it up for me. I look at it as another free u/s to see baby.

21. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

We are doing it. I have the first testing next week (bloodwork and ultrasound). We decided to go ahead with it so that if there is a problem or anything, we have time to research our options for resources and help available.

22. Jumpingjacks

apricot / 426 posts

We are doing the scan too. (in just over 2 weeks). It will also be my first ultrasound. I've been worried most of my pregnancy so far....just general worries. I'm hoping that will diminish after the scan. We're planning on telling people about the pregnancy after this too and I'm looking forward to that. So far only my mom knows.

23. jedeve

pomegranate / 3643 posts

Is that the 20 week ultrasound? We aren't doing genetic testing, but we'll probably do another ultrasound. We felt we were low risk and any money spent on testing we would probably need more after the baby is born, especially if there is a problem. But we would have the baby no matter what, so it wouldn't change much for us. Not saying that finding out there is an issue after birth wouldn't be really, really hard, but it makes more sense for us.

24. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

Finally gave in and bought a belly band. Kinda weird to wear and get used to but better than my jeans cutting into my stomach. I'm traveling so we've told friends we've been staying with and it's been fun to talk about it freely. We have our next appt next Wednesday at 11w1d.

We're not going to do any genetic testing because we're low risk, it costs us money that I would rather spend elsewhere, we wouldn't terminate, and with any abnormal results I would just worry. As far as I've read, they can really only give you percentages with just the NT scan/blood draw and we definitely wouldn't do any further testing. we had friends who were told there was a chance that their first daughter could have down's and they worried for months and she's totally fine. It's just not the right thing for us.

25. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

We're only doing the testing because it's covered and we haven't had any ultrasounds yet.

I'll be 12 weeks on Monday. Yay for milestones! I haven't had any nausea in the past few days and have had more energy. I think this golden trimester business may be true. Knock on wood.

How is everyone else feeling?
    Have you started sharing the news?

26. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@birdofafeather: Yeah, I started using a belly band a couple of weeks ago for some of my tighter pants. Definitely takes getting used to, but SO much more comfortable than having my circulation cut off!

@oliviaoblivia: Yay for milestones! I'll hit 12 weeks on Thursday!

We told my dad this weekend! He is so excited. It's his first grandkid, so he's really excited. I had to give him our due date twice cuz his head was "still spinning" the first time I told him, hee hee. We tell my mom and step-dad and Hubs' parents this coming Saturday. Can't wait!

27. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

OMG. We have our sequential screening tonight. My appointment is at 5:30pm. I was told to empty my bladder at 4:15 then drink 32oz of water by 4:30. It's 4:40 and I already have to pee! Man, this is gonna be painful!!!

28. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@eiko2010: Good luck!

29. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@eiko2010: good luck!

30. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

DH and i heard the HB today! it became a little more real and a cried a little while i was laughing. just a super quick appt. the OBs keep asking if i have questions and i feel like i should, but i don't. maybe I'll have more questions later on?

i think i'm going to start contacting doulas next week. DH is going to be a FT student about 3 hours away when i'm due and i know i'm going to need someone to be there for me that is NOT family to keep me calm and talk me through everything. is anyone else going to use a doula?

31. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

I am gonna join you ladies if that is ok. I still feel as if I will jinx it but whatever. I am 9 weeks 2 days as of today. Feeling crappy a lot. Not really nausous but just yucky. Started to get more headaches as well, which I usually get a lot anyways but Tylenol doesnt really help. Still have not heard the heartbeat or seen the bean our 1st ultrasound is July 13th But all blood work has been good. I cant stand this waiting, I am so nervous they wont see anything in my tummy, I hope that is normal feeling to have with the waiting.

32. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@pinkb: congrats and welcome! I hear you on the anxious waiting. I'm still waiting for the first US too. We'll get there soon enough. My mom keeps saying that patience is a strong requirement of parenthood. But it's so hard to be patient when all I want is to see the baby is doing ok in there.

@birdofafeather: I'm glad you heard the HB today, that must be such a great feeling.

33. Mrs Green Grass

pomelo / 5628 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I can't imagine waiting so long! You are doing great!

I'm at 10 1/2 weeks and starting to feel much better. I still can't eat some things, but I feel more normal more of the time.

I found out that I'm already anemic at my last appointment though which is probably why I'm taking a 2-3 hour nap each day! So I need to get some iron supplements...

34. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@birdofafeather: Yay for hearing the heartbeat!

We got to see our little bug yesterday! SO amazing. The ultrasound tech says everything looks good so far! All I kept saying to Hubs last night was, "That's our baby! There's a real baby in there!" We got three pictures that we'll be able to share with everyone when we make the announcement on Saturday!

35. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@eiko2010: thats so exciting! we have our scan tomorrow!

36. sunshineandsushi

persimmon / 1165 posts

So after our big surprise at the first ultrasound yesterday, my EDD has changed. The doctor said there's no way they'll let me go to 1/29 with the twins. So the latest I'll be induced by is 1/18! Here's the hoping the babies enjoy their time in the tummy for as long as possible!

Seriously still having difficulty realizing we're having twins. It comes in waves, lol.

37. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@sunshineandsushi: how exciting!!!

38. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@pinkb: I feel ya too! I am 9wk 1d today and I dont have my first u/s until I am 12 wks to the day. So July 17th. It is really hard having to be so patient to see the LO and wondering if everything is OK in there.

39. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Rescuemom10: I go in on Friday at 12w3d. I just keep telling myself that it'll be fine and that the baby will really look like a baby and not a smudgy blob. Why is yours so far away?

40. Andrea

GOLD / wonderful coffee bean / 18478 posts

@shoemama: we have the same due date!!!

I haven't been following this thread yet but I am going to start of course (I only just announced on the boards)!! It looks like I have a lot to catch up on...y'all have been busy! I love it! Congrats to all the January 2013 mommies!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee