Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2014 babies!

1. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@LovelyPlum: I'm so sorry for your loss. That's amazing that you are pregnant again so soon after! Congratulations!!

2. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@LovelyPlum Welcome! Do you have any idea about your due date? and Where in WNY are you? I grew up outside of Buffalo and lived in Amherst for awhile, until DH and I relocated to Houston, TX two years ago. We frequently miss good ol' WNY

3. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@LovelyPlum: Sorry for the loss, but congrats on your BFP!

4. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@cram88: Portland, OR

5. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@LovelyPlum: I'm sorry for your loss! I experienced a loss with our first in Dec of 2012.

I got a BFP on Tuesday afternoon! EDD is Jan 13th and I'm so excited. Last time we found out about our loss at our first prenatal appointment, so I'm a bit nervous about it... but we're staying positive! Nothing good comes from too much worry!

Our first appt is June 3rd (I will be exactly 8 weeks) and I'm for So. Cal

Congrats to all the ladies here!!

6. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@cram88: @Lindsay05: thank you ladies!! It still feels a little unreal.

@MamaBehr: Thanks! I'm pretty sure I'm due around January 16 or so. And we're in B-lo

@wahine08: I'm sorry for your loss as well. Congrats on the BFP! I'm nervous, too. I had blood work today to check P levels, and I'm anxious to get the results back. I know that there's very little that you can do to prevent a m/c if baby's not healthy, so I'm just trying to be patient. Easier said than done, though... Today, we're pregnant, so that'll have to do for now

Congrats to all you ladies as well. Can't wait for the next 9 months

7. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Penny Lane: no morning sickness yet, but I'm starting to feel a little nauseous, and things are not tasting so good anymore. Fruit and carbs taste the best right now, so without going overboard, that's what I'm going on. That, and lots of green tea.

8. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Is anyone else having random cramps/twinges? I know that lots of people do, but I would be lying if I didn't say it makes me really nervous. I had lots if cramps right before I m/c last time, so I'm pretty jumpy now. Anyone else feeling this?

9. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@LovelyPlum: Thank you, Lovelyplum. I have the same mindset - We are where we are right now and we'll just have to stay positive! I go back and forth between fearful to just plain excited. We just need to get past the first U/S and I think I'll feel a little less anxious (although I don't think it ever fully goes away!)

I'm not feeling any symptoms other then getting super tired about 2 hours before my normal bedtime. Of course, I'm worried since last time I had very sore breasts as well as pretty good nausea and this time only twingey pains near my nipples. Of course, EVERY pregnancy is different! And if I can bypass m/s then I'm all for it!

I'm also feeling cramps and twinges in my lower abdomen and in my back/hips. I had a lot of this last time too but to my knowledge it's normal in healthy pregnancies too =)

10. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@LovelyPlum: I haven't had many cramps this time around but I had awful cramps my first pregnancy. I had them every day the whole first trimester and they would literally wake me out of sleep. I know it's hard not to worry, especially after a loss, but they are very much a part of a healthy pregnancy too

I've had some bouts of nausea but nothing consistent. I'm sooo gaggy though, everything makes me gag...especially dirty diapers! mostly I'm just crazy tired, chasing after a walking amost one year old isn't helping, and today I've been very dizzy and lightheaded all day

11. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

I haven't had too many symptoms yet. I get that sharp cramp if I sneeze or move to fast but that has been about it. I finally have my first appointment set for May 23. Yay! I can't wait.

12. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@LovelyPlum: I've been having cramps everyday, even before my BFP starting about 6 dpo. The last few days they've gotten milder, turned into more of a pulling/pressure feeling and just some lower back pain but last week they were pretty severe about 5-6 pm each night to where I had to lay completely flat to feel better at all. I did have them once during the night that woke up me. I was really worried and emailed my doctor and she said that as long as I'm not spotting/bleeding that it's normal.

13. Suzimo

cherry / 132 posts

Hi ladies I'm so glad this board exists. I have no one to talk to about all this. My estimated due date is January 14th and I couldn't be happier:) I'm from northern California and am having sore nipples, cramping off and on mostly mild but the occasional sharp twinge, tired, and cranky. I'm very excited, but after trying for over a year I'm a bit cautious. I have my first ob appointment on June 12, but luckily I already had an appointment for my annual scheduled for next Wednesday. I'm hoping I can ask some questions or something. Excited to get to know all of you!

14. Suzimo

cherry / 132 posts

Has anyone been having trouble sleeping? I'm tired all day and then when its bedtime I'm wide awake. I've also been waking up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. Its 5am as I write this.

15. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

Hi all. I am cautiously poking my head in here. Had a BFP yesterday and today ;). EDD 1/18, 6 days after my 30th birthday! This is our first LO, first pregnancy, and it only took 4 months to get pregnant, so I'm just soooo nervous this is too good to be true!

I don't really have many symptoms. I've been bloated/gassy even during my TWW and just 2 days ago I had some soreness in my breasts, which raised my suspicions, because I never get that. I have been super hungry, but once I start eating, I can't eat much (I start to not like it once I start eating it, no matter what it has been so far), but then I'm hungry in an hour again.

@Suzimo: I haven't been able to sleep well either, but I think for me it's a mental thing because I'm nervous and excited and as soon as I wake up my mind starts turning! Maybe it's hormones too though, I dunno!

16. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

Ok, maybe I take that back about not really having symptoms. I'm trying to clean the house a bit for some friends coming over and I keep getting waves of dizziness and nausea. It is kinda reassuring at this point, but I'm sure it will get old fast!

17. Suzimo

cherry / 132 posts

@emsmems: I was thinking it could just be excitement and nerves too. I guess only time will tell. I've also felt dizzy as well as the super hungry then full fast thing. I've started to try and eat more small meals, which I also read helps with feeling tired.

18. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

Ok, I'm jumping in. EDD 1/21. Second pregnancy (first ended in m/c at 10 weeks) and really hoping this one sticks.

I can't wait to learn more about all of you. Maybe I'll start a get to know you thread

Congrats ladies!

19. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@wahine08: @cram88: @Punky: thanks ladies! I'm trying to remind myself that it's just everything changing big time down there, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't uber anxious.

@Suzimo: welcome!!! And yes, holy moly, I'm not sleeping well either! I couldn't believe it would start already. Geez!

@Emsmems: welcome to the January board I'm starting to get waves too. Sadly, bananas and I are no longer friends.

@MrsH: yay! Yes, please, do that!

I've been having some mild migraines and waves of nausea, but mostly I'm gassy and getting sleepy very easily. Also, my skin is very sensitive and my boobs are quite heavy. My nipples have also been *very* sensitive...I caved and bought nipple cream. Good decision on that one!

I've got a beta draw tomorrow-last one before my appt. on May 30. They drew on Thursday, one day before AF was to show, and it was at 22. I've had a series of draws over the last two weeks to monitor P levels. It was at 21 on Thursday, but they put me on supplements, because it's been low. I'm glad to know numbers, but I'm trying not to obsess over numbers and remember today I am pregnant

Happy Mother's Day to all of you! Fingers crossed for sticky babies for all of us

20. pinkpeony921

olive / 58 posts

I suppose I'll pop in here although I am just a ball of nerves right now!

@LovelyPlum: @MrsH: @Suzimo: @Emsmems: It's comforting to see you from the May POAS board!!

I just called the OB to set up my first appointment- June 3rd! Three weeks is going to feel like an eternity, but luckily I am heading to the Outer Banks for the last week in May...a much needed vacation I'm just praying that everything goes well. This is my first pregnancy- pregnant on the second try and I am just so surprised!

I am not sure what my due date is yet. According to my LMP it would be 1/12, but I have longer cycles and got a positive OPK on CD24, so I'm thinking my due date is more likely 1/22-ish. We will see!

Congrats to everyone!

21. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Suzimo: Congrats!! And I also have a TERRIBLE time sleeping. I get so anxious about symptoms and just how the baby is doing overall, I can't get to sleep! It's worse when I wake up to pee.. it's so hard getting BACK to sleep.

@Emsmems: Congrats!!

@MrsH: Congrats to you!! This is my second pregnancy after M/C as well so I'm in the same boat! Hoping it's a super sticky baby for all! =)

@LovelyPlum: It's so difficult NOT to obsess. I'm wanting to go in to get blood drawn just to know my HCG levels but even DH is telling me it's not really useful until our actual appointment anyway... what does he know?! haha

@pinkpeony921: Congrats!! I saw your post on the May POAS board =) We are 1st appt twins!

Last night I had some pretty annoying nausea but definitely nothing to be upset about. I took a B6 with my prenatal, so either it helped OR it's what made me feel icky (I'm sensitive to vitamins!) I already picked up some unisom just in case I start feeling sick soon. DH and I have about an hour long commute to and from work, so getting sick in a car ride is getting me anxious to try to curb the actual "getting sick" as much as possible!

Also - Can I just say.. BLOATED! Omg. Pants are not my friend ALREADY!!

22. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

My first appointment is tomorrow, which is kind of exciting, except I'm going in early because I've had some bleeding. It hasn't been that much, but I guess I'm just worried because my symptoms are so strange. This weekend I felt terrible all day, today I couldn't put enough food in my mouth (except coffee.... that is like a small torture to think about and I use to be an EXCESSIVE coffee drinker). Well, I hope it is good news and a fantastic visit, but we'll see.... I hope I'll have a sonogram to post

23. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@MamaBehr: I hope everything goes well at your appointment. I used to brew coffee at work and drink it all throughout the day, I switched to decaf and it killed my stomach. I tried a small cup of coffee for the first time today in like 2 months and felt sick, I'm so sad.

24. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@wahine08: thanks! And same about sleep, if I get woken up it's impossible for me to go back to sleep! Bloated too! Oh man, I look like I have a bump already but I know it's just my carb-loving belly, not a baby yet!!

@MamaBehr: good luck tomorrow! I go between absolutely starving and not at all hungry. Both ways I can't eat much!

My first blood work, history, etc appointment is 5/23 and it's just with a nurse so I assume no u/s. 6/10 is my first appt with the dr and I'll be 8 weeks, so I think there might be an u/s then?

Does anyone think should we start a due date and/or appointment thread(s)? I know other months have said it gets too confusing without splitting it up?

25. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@pinkpeony921: Yes, please, join! Don't worry, you're not the only one who's here because they're hopeful but still scared!!

@wahine08: here's another problem with getting numbers: you get them drawn, then they don't run the results when they say they will!!! Gah! Ready for the morning and some (hopefully!) good numbers then. Oh, and I hate pants already. Anything without a wide waistband, really.

@MamaBehr: I really hope that you have a good appointment tomorrow. Looking forward to a picture!!

@Punky: @MamaBehr: Coffee and I are no longer on speaking terms. It's sad.

26. Suzimo

cherry / 132 posts

@mamaBehr: FX for you. Sending good thoughts your way.

@pinkpeony921: I too am a bundle of nerves and feel anxious even saying I'm pregnant out loud as if by saying it I'm jinxing it.

As for me I have had this terrible cough for the past week which has been totally irritating since you can't take anything. I'm going to my doctor on Wednesday for an annual check up, so if this cough is still bugging me I'm going to ask her what I can take if anything.

27. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Emsmems: I had my first appt around 7 1/2 weeks last pregnancy and we were able to get a transvag U/S. I think you're probably going to get it around the 8 week appt I have Kaiser so I don't know how different things run for them.

If you start an Appt/Due Dates thread I'll be subscribing to it! =D

@MamaBehr: I feel you on the coffee. I still have one small cup in the mornings (as opposed to my usual 3 cups or so a day! Dr said I'll be fine, especially since I'm a normal caffiene drinker. Without it, my headaches would just be terrible! Best of luck on your appt!!

DH and I are still the ONLY people who know (other then HB boards, of course!) I'm bursting at the seams to tell people! We just decided it'd be best to wait until our first appt... but it's driving my cuckoo! Anyone else still waiting to tell??

28. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

So apparently my latest betas aren't looking that great. They rose, but not fast enough. So we have to go do it again tomorrow, but the nurse said things aren't necessarily ok. There is still hope, but we have to be prepared for all possibilities.

DH and I are trying to be positive, but we are both feeling crushed. I don't want to do this again, guys. Please send us sticky thoughts!!

29. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@LovelyPlum: Sending you super sticky thoughts!! I'm not savvy on the terms for betas and levels.. but I'm hoping things turn up for you and your DH.

30. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@LovelyPlum: sending you high beta vibes!! i hope your #s come back amazing tomorrow!

BTW congrats to all the first babies of 2014!! So excited for you guys and so happy to see so many familiar faces from the POAS threads graduated to here

31. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@lovelyplum I hope that everything works out wonderfully and you have a sticky baby!

@WAHINE08 I had a hard time keeping it a secret too! I have told four friends, my mom, dad, and sister. I think after our ultrasound we might spill the beans to more people.

My appointment was ok today, no ultrasound they just took blood. So I will find out tomorrow if my hormone levels are ok, and my ultrasound will be May 28th!

32. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@LovelyPlum: I hope you get good news tomorrow. I'm not really familiar with betas either, are they drawing them due to your previous m/c? Good luck tomorrow!

@wahine08: K, I'll start one

@Pirouette: thanks!

33. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

So, I had a huge wave of nausea yesterday in the late afternoon. Once I got home, we ate dinner and I took my prenatal, 50mg of B6 and a half tab of Unisom. Worked like a CHARM and I'm feeling really good today. It helped me ACTUALLY sleep through the night too, which I haven't done since we found out!

Instead of feeling drowsy today like some women state, I think I got better rest because of it. It was also only a half tab so maybe it wasn't as strong.

How are you ladies feeling so far??

34. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

Boobs are more tender, tired earlier in the day, and still mostly just a decreased appetite with a wave of nausea here and there but not so bad I feel like I'll vomit, just a "uh, I don't feel so good".

I also feel like I'm more sensitive to smells and pee a lot more often (however I used to be able to go all day without peeing, so I'm probably just peeing more like a normal person!)

I'm still crampy too, if you can call it cramps. My menstrual cramps were horrible and they are nothing like that, but they are there. Everything just makes me feel a little pregnant, which is reassuring!

35. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

I started a thread for symptoms.

I got the results of my third beta today and they seem to be going up. Hoping my dr will see me before ten weeks because I'm high risk and we went through a m/c last time.

I'm not even thinking about telling people at this point I just want to get past twelve weeks.

36. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@LovelyPlum: hope you get better news today.

37. Suzimo

cherry / 132 posts

@lovelyPlum: Sending thoughts and prayers your way for a sticky baby:)

Anyone here have the desire to take a pregnancy test like everyday. I haven't taken one since I got my positive over a week ago , but part of me wants to just to make sure. Anyone else feel this way? June 12 is a loooong ways away.

38. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@LovelyPlum: thinking about you today!

@Suzimo: YES! I was thinking of maybe doing one weekly, until my 6/10 appt. I know it's crazy though!

39. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@LovelyPlum: Sending you happy sticky baby thoughts too!!

@Suzimo: @Emsmems: YES I have 2 digitals left and I want to use them so bad! Maybe once a week isn't a bad idea. My appt is June 3rd and I'm so anxious, I just wish it'd BE here already!

40. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Thanks ladies! Sorry I haven't been on much today- too anxious. I got the blood draw and am now just waiting for results. I should.know soon and will update when I do. You all are the best.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee