Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2014 babies!

1. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@wahine08: YES! haha. I just ordered the Mayo Clinic guide to Pregnancy today. I heard it's good, so we'll see!

2. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@cavalierkcs: How exciting! Welcome!

3. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@LovelyPlum: So happy for you!!

4. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@VEGMAMA: I'm in the same boat. We lost ours at ten weeks and they won't take me before ten weeks unless I start spotting again.

5. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@MrsH: How frustrating for you. 10 weeks seems late for an u/s ... I'm seeing mamas in this thread getting in during week 7, and I am super jealous! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

6. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

Hey there are a few who have posted here who haven't on the due date/appointments. I don't want to put anyone on there who doesn't want to be, so please post on that thread if you want others to be able to keep track of your due date and/or appointments!

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/jan-2014-due-dates-and-appointments

7. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I didn't read all the other posts but I'm officially a January 2014 Mama, too! Here's our pregnancy announcement...

8. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@NAVY_MOMMY That's super cute!!! I love it!!! I want to come up with something clever like that, but I don't know what to do! Since this is our last baby, I want it to have a punch, but I just can't figure it out. When do you think you'll make it public then? Soon?

9. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Navy_Mommy: That is so awesome!! Welcome to the January boards

I don't know what we're going to do, either. I'd like to do something cute, and I'd love to include our pup, too. Decisions, decisions

10. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

@navy_mommy: welcome! love your announcement! your son is adorable.

@lovelyplum: love the idea of including your puppy!! that's totally something I'd do too. may need to start googling some ideas.

Not sure if i can wait the full 12 weeks but I'd hate to do it and then something unexpected to happen - I'm only at about 5 weeks now!

11. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@Navy_Mommy: that is super cute!!

12. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

Is anyone else a little nervous to exercise (or is it just me)? I've really been missing my spin class....been walking as much as possible instead. Has anyone tried prenatal yoga or pilates?

13. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@cavalierkcs: I am scared too! I want to exercise so much, but I keep getting short of breathe and have weird stitches in my side when I walk. I also don't want to lose all of my muscle tone. I'm not trying to be a model here, but I don't want to become totally flabby and weak either. I don't know what to do.

14. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@MamaBehr: we already announced it. I have no patience, lol

15. Mrs. Garland

blogger / apricot / 378 posts

Hi, all! I'm new around here...I'd forced myself not to join and start posting until I was actually pregnant, but I've been lurking a while. I just got my BFP on Saturday, and by my estimation, I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow! Eeek! So excited to be here!

16. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@amandalynn: yay!! Congratulations. Welcome, mama!

17. Mrs. Garland

@LovelyPlum: Thanks! Congratulations to you too! It's still a little surreal that I'm actually pregnant...don't think I've processed it fully yet, haha

18. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

@amandalynn: yay! Welcome!! I'm 5 weeks tomorrow too!

19. Mrs. Garland

@cavalierkcs: Ahh yay! Congratulations! It's all so exciting!

20. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

Welcome all the new mamas!! I feel like I could hurl any minute, but I'll update the due date thread soon!

ETA: oops, wrong board... But welcome anyway!

21. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Emsmems: Feel better! I actually felt a little queasy today (4w4d). I didnt get sick at all when I wasn't pregnant with DS.

22. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I read the Mayo Clinic book. It was good, a lot of information.

23. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

welcome to the new mommas!

@Punky: was it overly medical?

I'd like to find a good baby book to read but not sure which one.

24. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@cavalierkcs: I'm a little nervous but mostly because I'm only 4 weeks & according to several online sources I'm still in the implantation process. I've been walking more during the day. I am over weight already so I hope to not gain much of anything during pregnancy. I mowed the lawn last night and wondered if I should even be doing that but DH physically can't do the "man work" around the house. I'm thinking about hiring a lawn boy for the summer.

25. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@MrsH: It wasn't really overly medical, the What to Expect book seems to be more medical and almost too much info.

26. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: DH hasn't been letting me vacuum or do anything like that. I'd hire a lawn boy at least for the first Tri!

27. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@wahine08: DH has been a little more protective of me & I find it cute. Heck if didn't want me to vacuum I'd be okay with that lol. I pulled/strained some stomach muscles & tweaked my back last night lifting a big bag of potting soil. I was freaking out all night (DH was gone) because it was in my lower back & abdomen. Thankfully I could tell it was just muscle but still scary! I just wanted to plant some flowers Super woman has lost her cape.

28. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@cavalierkcs: I tried doing my regular yoga tape and my stomach started cramping a little after and the next day I was really sore, so I haven't done it since. I think I'm going to buy a prenatal yoga tape and start doing that, I read that if you keep doing stretches and what not during pregnancy that it can actually make labor and recovery easier. But in the meantime I've been walking and swimming, which have felt great.

29. Mrs. Garland

So far I've been able to keep up my regular exercise routine (20ish minutes on the elliptical and some strength training afterwards) - it's definitely harder and I have to rest more, but I'm keeping it up for now! I figure I'll do it as long as I can, then maybe grab one of those pregnancy workout videos once I can't handle it anymore.

30. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Thought you all would appreciate this Trying to keep a fun "diary" of this pregnancy...

31. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Navy_Mommy: cute!

32. Mrs. Garland

@Navy_Mommy: So cute! I've been trying to keep notes, too. I think it'll be so nice to be able to look back and remember everything!

33. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

@punky: I read the same thing about it making labor and delivery easier! I wish there was a prenatal yoga class on my area but I think I'm gonna buy one of the DVDs too.

34. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

@sugar.biscuit: we're leading similar lives, haha ..I also lifted a ~35lb bag of soil the other day gardening with my mom (carried up a flight of stairs) and then instantly regretted it. Glad to hear that the pain you had was just muscle-related!

35. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Went to ER last night. Thought I was having a stroke but it was low potassium. Super scary! My whole body was like pins & needles for several hours yesterday and then about 8pm the right side of my face, neck & shoulder started going numb.

36. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: what?! I hope everything's ok!!

37. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Navy_Mommy: as far as I know its okay. He gave me an RX for potassium & I have to follow up with my Dr next week. I'm almost didn't go cause I thought I was crazy but I'm glad I went.

38. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: so scary!! I'm really glad that you went, and that you and baby are ok!

39. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Officially 6 weeks today!

40. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Navy_Mommy: These are so cute! Did you make them in photoshop?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee