Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2014 babies!

1. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

And to answer about the betas-they wanted to confirm my BFPs with a blood test because of my loss. My doc does them in a series to make sure hcg goes up. My first looked good, but the second didn't double quickly enough. So I went to have a third today. If it doesn't double in 48 hours or so, baby isn't growing right, and I'll lose it. I had the tiiiniest but of spotting last night, but it is still hard to know. It could just have gotten off to a slow start, but slow rising betas aren't usually a great sign.

Either way, we want to know. I'm hopeful but bracing myself. If I'm honest, I'm not expecting good news, but I'm so scared to face the.reality of another mc. Thanks for the sticky thoughts. Hoping you all are right!!

2. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@MamaBehr: any news for you?

3. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Suzimo: I kind of feel like an excited puppy - I just want to pee on all the sticks!

4. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@LovelyPlum: I'm sorry you and DH are going through such a tough beginning with this pregnancy. I'm hopeful for you guys! I keep reading that the HCG levels vary from pregnancy to pregnancy so I'm praying things start turning up for you!!

I'm terrified as well, especially since I don't think we'll be having any bloodwork drawn before our first appt at 8 wks (like last time) and that is when we got our bad news. Kind of wanting to go in for betas but at the same time, wanting to just wait. Such a scary time for all new mommas!

5. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@Suzimo: I took them until my stash was gone!!

6. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

I am getting so anxious for our ultrasound (still 2 more weeks from today, when I'll be 8 weeks, 1 day). I had an early m/c (week 5) last time around, so I was really hoping to get into the doctor is an u/s earlier than week 9. Does this seem normal? Anyone here already get to see the heartbeat via u/s?

7. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@VEGMAMA: I'm sorry for your previous loss! I experienced something similar, but no earlier appointment was made to accomodate my paranoia at Kaiser =( I will be waiting until 8 wks too!

There is another thread for due dates and appts here:
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/jan-2014-due-dates-and-appointments

8. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

Hi Jan2014 moms!

Just wanted to intro myself. My first post too. My DH and have been ttc for the past 2.5 years. I'm 37 going on 38. We finally got on DH's insurance because it covers 80% of IVF cycles and was to start the process as soon as AF came (in May). AF was a week late (usually never 2days late) and on 5/13 I got a BFP!!! EDD 1/14/14 My first doctors appointment in 5/30.

I'm so excited, nervous, and full of emotions. This is my first pregnancy ever. I'm novice at best and am open to suggestions. What advice would you give to a first time prego to stay calm?

9. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Honeydew: Congrats & Welcome!!

I don't have too much advice for staying calm but I think the best you can do is be positive and try to rest a lot!

10. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@wahine08: Sorry for your situation, too!! Thank you for the resource link!!

11. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@Honeydew: Congrats! Now that I've been pregnant for 6 weeks (that means I'm a professional right? haha), my advice is that you'll notice more patience with each day. At first, I thought there was NO way I could wait 4 weeks for my first ultrasound ... now, it's two weeks away, and I am more okay with it. I'm still really excited about it, but I realize this is all a big waiting game. I wish you the best of luck!!!

12. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Honeydew: welcome, and congrats!

@VEGMAMA: you are so right, this is just a huge waiting game. I didn't hear back from the doc this afternoon, so I am waiting again, too. Patience grasshopper...too bad I'm bad at that

13. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@VEGMAMA: @wahine08: keeping you both in my thoughts. Hoping this baby is sticky for you! BFPs after mcs are scary, no?

14. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Honeydew: congratulations and welcome!

15. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@Suzimo: yeah I took one everyday for the first week after I found out just to make sure my lines were getting darker. Since then I've been taking one a week, just makes me feel better until I get in to see a doctor.

16. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

I waited all day for my doctor to call, and she never did. So I called the office and left a message and the nurse eventually got back to me. My numbers are fine, in fact they are higher than expected and because of that they want me to get an ultrasound. The other weird part (besides the whole ultrasound) is that I have to go some place else to get it. Does anyone have any experience with this? I didn't ask for my numbers because I knew I would obsess over them and google isn't my friend.

@honeydew Welcome!!! That's great news And this is my third time around and I'm still super nervous about every twinge and lack of twinge. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time.
    @lovelyplum I hope and pray that you are worried for no reason and the pregnancy is super healthy and sticky

17. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@LovelyPlum: FX for you

18. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

Thanks everyone! It's so nice to have the warm welcome!

19. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@MamaBehr: I never get ultrasounds done at my OB's office. A few years back all the doctors in this area stopped offering those specific services and instead there are a bunch of different lab sites around that do bloodworm, ultrasounds, and other tests. They all operate under the same umbrella of the hospital that the doctors offices do.

20. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@MamaBehr: yay!! So glad to hear that.

I haven't gotten my numbers back, which means the lab didn't process them. I'm a wreck but trying not to dwell. Thanks to everyone for.your well-wishes.

21. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@LovelyPlum: I'm sorry you have to wait I hope you get a positive, happy answer tomorrow!

22. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

GUYS, I'M STILL PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!

Totally not expecting that. More later :):):)

23. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@LovelyPlum: YAY!!!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

24. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@LovelyPlum: Yay! So excited for you!!!

25. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@LovelyPlum: did you get your betas back?

26. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Emsmems: @cram88: @MrsH: thanks

I did get my betas back. Still a little on the low side, but they doubled from Monday to yesterday. They had only just doubled from Thursday-Monday, so that's why they were worried. The doc is happy with them, so that's enough for me! I know I still have a long way to go...I'm 5 weeks today. But, I am overjoyed (and shocked!) to still be pregnant, so ill take it!

27. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@lovelyplum. Yay that is fantastic news!

28. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@LovelyPlum: Yay!! So glad to hear the good news!! Staying positive is SO tough with our situations but it's the only way to think!!

@MamaBehr: I've only ever had ultrasounds done at the Kaiser facility but they did send me to the bigger u/s machine downstairs in the lab area for a more in-depth look. I completely agree that google is NO one's friend haha. I'm glad your numbers came back good!

29. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

Any other ladies have Kaiser for their healthcare provider? I feel like Kaiser is so different then most.. I like it but just curious =)

30. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@lovelyplum That's fantastic news!!!! I'm so happy for you

@wahine08 I had to go to an imaging facility that is part of the hospital. Everything down here is Herman Memorial I feel.

And, great news! I saw the little blueberry. He or she is measuring 6 weeks 4 days with a heartbeat of 115 I couldn't be more relieved or excited. Now we just have to continue to keep this secret from my three year old, or she'll blab to everyone!

31. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@MamaBehr: yay! So exciting you got to see the baby!

32. supakell

apple seed / 1 posts

I'm new to this group. My EDD is 1/11/14. This is my second pregnancy. I have a DS who was born 12/16/10.

33. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

@LovelyPlum: That's fantastic!

I am out but for a good reason...I had my u/s today and my EDD has been revised to 12/30 so I will be hopping over to the December boards where I've been lurking anyway! Hope all our babies stick!

34. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@MamaBehr: How exciting!!! =D So glad you got to see baby mamabehr!

@supakell: Welcome and Congrats!

@mrsmate: I've been lurking there too haha

35. Suzimo

cherry / 132 posts

@lovelyplum: Yay for doubling betas!

@mamabehr: Yay for Little blueberries with strong heartbeats:)

@supakell: Welcome:)

36. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

I guess I'll jump in here and "officially" introduce myself. I got my BFP on the 15th. I totally didn't think I was pregnant this month and for some reason I took a test that afternoon for the heck of it. I took a test on Mother's Day and it was stark white, so this came as a shock! I ran around the house, freaking out until my DH got home from work. This is our first pregnancy and we are 28/26 years old.

This was really our 3rd cycle of really trying, but we stopped BC last October. I feel so very blessed that I was able to get pregnant this easily. What's even better is that my SIL is pregnant and due 3 months before me! My in laws are gonna freak out when we tell them haha.

Very excited to join the January boards!

37. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Honeydew: @wahine08: @MamaBehr: @mrsmate: @Suzimo: Thanks

@MamaBehr: so exciting that you got to see the heartbeat

@mrsmate: have fun in December:)

@supakell: welcome, and congratulations!!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: yay! Glad you're here

38. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

Hi everyone!! Jumping on in to introduce myself too. Still can't believe it's real but I got a clear BFP this morning on 2 tests. I haven't even told DH yet because he'd already left for work (and I want to tell him in person). Now I can't concentrate for more than 10 min at work and am just staring at the clock - ahhh! So excited to get to know you all and hoping this sticks :-). EDD per an online calculator is around 1/24.

39. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@cavalierkcs: Welcome, welcome! And congrats!! I don't know how you're holding it in all day. I would be going NUTS! Let us know how it goes!

40. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @cavalierkcs: Congrats ladies!! It's so hard to focus on ANYTHING but baby, isn't it??

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee