Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: Oh haha, I figured there was something behind it rather than OMG how much weight did you really gain during your first pregnancy?!

2. karen

coffee bean / 32 posts

How's everyone feeling today? Plenty of symptoms here, but still planning on taking my last pregnancy test tomorrow. Totally silly at this point I know, but the reassurance is nice Planning on calling Monday for an appointment!

Any fun weekend plans?

3. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

EDD: 01/13/16
    How far along: 3 weeks?
    First child? Nope. 4th pregnancy, if this sticks, 3rd child.
    First doctor appointment: no idea, just found out.
    Any symptoms so far? Nope. Period isn't even due until the 6th.
    Who have you told? Best friend, best friends boyfriend, SO.

4. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@karen: I've been having twingey pains on the left hand side that have been making me nervous (although I think it may be ligaments). I had a quick scan yesterday at which they couldnt see anything but she said that's to be expected. I'm a worrywart right now.
    Other than that, I've been having passing nausea still and sore boobs. A little normal crampy.

@sera_87: congrats and welcome!

5. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: @Ash: It was stalking, too I figured you'd say something when you're ready. Happy for you, mama!!

6. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@karen: no symptoms here except I may be imagining my boobs getting a tad bigger and a hint of soreness. i would love to not have any MS this time around!!!

Made my first appointment for the end of May!

7. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@sera_87: Congratulations!

Made my appointment for Friday, excited!

Nothing big this weekend - neighborhood mom's get together this afternoon. It was fun, but I was the only one not drinking wine and had to tell a tiny white lie as to why I wasn't drinking.

8. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: ah me too! I said it's because I had a cold and wasn't feeling up to it. I do have a cold and wouldn't have drank anyway...

I'm so gassy!!! It's terrible!

9. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: What will they do at your appointment, do you think?

10. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: Probably just a urine test to confirm the pregnancy, a blood draw, check my vitals, let me know how much the prenatal care is going to cost...same stuff as last time when I transferred from the RE to the OB.

Oh my goodness, is anyone else STARVING? I just ate a huge salad with chicken for lunch, but I am so hungry right now. I'm seriously considering walking over to Starbucks for a cookie.

11. karen

coffee bean / 32 posts

@sera_87: Congrats!! Excited to have you here

@mrs.shinerbock: YES, starving! All the freaking time. I seriously woke up at 4 am two nights ago and had a bowl of ice cream. Now I'm thinking about Frappuccino happy hour...so bad. I tried to stock up on healthy snacks last week, but they don't sound as good as Starbucks

12. karen

coffee bean / 32 posts

Made my first appointment for June 2...sounds so far away! It's a busy month at work though so hopefully it goes fast.

13. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: I was starving up until a couple of days ago and now less so. I don't know if it was a hormone surge and now my body adjusted, or what. Still have other symptoms (sore boobs and nipples, crampy, emotional, tired) so I'm trying not read too much into a symptom fading.

14. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Ugh despite what I wrote I am already feeling the nausea. Thankfully it's not as bad as when I was pregnant with DD but it still sucks. Got it a few days earlier than last time too. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be shorter and milder. Please please please! As with my first, Chinese food is an absolute no go, as is a reduction in my desire for coffee. Besides this, today I am absolutely exhausted, I just want to sleep!

Anyone else started with the MS?

15. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@gracecat: no MS here yet, but I'm sure it will come. Hopefully it won't be any worse than with LO1. I only threw up a few times, just felt bad for a few hours in the morning.

16. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

I know it's super super early but has anyone thought of how to announce yet? Found a really cute idea we'll probably use, but I don't know if I want to do it after first tri or just do baby!+sex at the same time.

17. travellingbee

@sera_87: No.... I feel like I can't let myself even fully imagine it is real until I see that heartbeat. I haven't thought about very much beyond that and even thinking about my due date gives me anxiety.

18. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

I've thought about how we will tell my immediate family, but no farther. My brother's son was born on 1/6 and my sister's sons were born on 1/7, so I'm going to ask if they think the boys will be ok sharing their birthday if the baby comes a few days early. I don't think we wil tell them for a few weeks yet. I suspect the next time we are all together will be around my dad's birthday in mid-June.

19. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@sera_87: what's the idea?

20. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: you get an kids easel and write "big brother 101" (I have 2 boys) on it. The oldest stands next to it with a pointer while the younger sits on the ground facing it. Super cute. I would then add text "coming jan 2016".

I also thought of dressing the boys up in Party stuff - party hat, paper horns, etc - & saying "this year we're welcoming the new year with a new addition!" Or something along those lines.

21. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@sera_87: Those are both super cute - I may steal the second one.

22. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: feel free! If we do one it'll probably be the first.

Or I might just slap an ultrasound pic with the due date on it and call it a day. Ya know. #motheroftheyear

23. travellingbee

@gracecat: just today. But it comes in waves. I'll feel fine and then bam! Nauseous. Then a few minutes later I'm ok. All day it's been like this! Has yours been constant?

24. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

hi moms!
    i posted in the POAS thread that i couldn't believe i am back on hb. we just began our TTC #2 journey and today, got a BFP. so thrilled to be here with you all, and also excited to see many second time moms! it's definitely a different experience from your first.

EDD: 1/14/16

How far along: 3 weeks

First child? No, I have a 13 month old

First doctor appointment: have yet to schedule

Any symptoms so far? at the moment no, but i swear i knew i was pregnant right away! i felt cramps and odd spasm sensations in my uterus about a week after ovulation. maybe a little more tired than usual.

Who have you told? just husband, and our 1 year old. i am also a generally anxious person so i don't want to get ahead of myself but still had to share the news with someone other than hubs. hoping everyone that joins this board has a FLAWLESS pregnancy! here's to a happy and healthy 9+ months.

25. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@SupernovaJ: welcome!

26. travellingbee

@SupernovaJ: wonderful that it happened so quickly for you! Congrats and welcome!

27. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: that's so fun your siblings have boys in the family, all in January!

28. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@SupernovaJ: Jan and Feb are big birthday months in my family. In addition to the 3 boys, my mom and 1 sister are in Jan and myself, my other sister and my brother are in Feb. We do 1 big celebration for all the adults, but the kids get their own parties.

29. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: January is crazy for birthdays around here too - my mom is jan 5, SO is jan 7, best friend is jan 15, best friends daughter is jan 19, and then I'm feb 1st.

30. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@sera_87: makes it seem like the holidays never end, doesn't it?

31. smith

cherry / 154 posts

Holy heaven, I am SO excited - and shocked - to be here!

DH and I have been NTNP for a few months (charting and tracking started makes me insane and constantly symptom-spot) and we decided we would officially start trying FOR REAL this fall ...

... and then we got a BFP. The timing couldn't be worse for us - we just bought a house to gut and rehab over the course of the next year - but we're pretty darn excited!

EDD: Not entirely sure because we aren't positive when we conceived ... due mid-January, we think. Won't know for sure until we visit the doc!

How far along: 3-4 weeks, we think. But again, we are clueless re: date of conception.

First child? YAS!!!! Our first kid!

First doctor appointment: June 8

Any symptoms so far? Despite my history of symptom-spotting, I don't have a single symptom. Didn't even think I would be pregnant, but had to pee super bad one day & decided to randomly POAS. Total shocker.

Who have you told? My husband and HB! Plan to tell my parents in a couple of weeks when they visit, though.

32. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: I like to think of it as an extra month of partying so I don't have to do NY resolutions til my birthday

33. Mermaidri

pea / 19 posts

EDD: 01/06/2016

How far along: 5 weeks

First child? YES!!

First doctor appointment: We have had 2 Betas so far 1) 126 and 2) 705 - we will have one more next monday then our first ultrasound!

Any symptoms so far? heartburn and cramping

Who have you told? my parents and my husbands parents

34. smith

cherry / 154 posts

@Mermaidri: Excited there's another first-time mom on here! Let's freak out together Congrats!

35. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@Mermaidri: @smith: welcome!

36. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

I thought I'd get one of these started, hope you guys don't mind. Let me know if I missed anyone.

January 2016 mamas!

January 3: Gracecat (#2)
    January 4: Travellingbee (#2),
    Karen (#2)
    January 6: Mermaidri (#1), Alba4 (#2)
    January 9: Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2)
    January 13: Sera_87 (#3)
    January 14: supernovaj (#2)

TBD: Smith: January ??? (#1)

37. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

I legit just asked my SO if he thought garlic toast would taste good as an ice cream sandwich.

Oh dear.

38. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Mermaidri: @smith: big welcome ladies! yahoo!

39. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@SupernovaJ: Stalking to say AAAAAAHHHHH! I think you're the first from April 14 to get pregnant again" congratulations!

40. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@LovelyPlum: haha thank you lovely!!!! It's very lonely without any of my April 14 moms though! Hint hint...

I revisited our board the other day and it brought back so many memories and miss chatting with you all. Hope the lil bub is doing fantastic, aren't they such a handful at this age? xx

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee