Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@travellingbee: yes but only when I am not full! Which does not bode well for my weight gain issue!

2. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Welcome to our latest moms to be! So glad to see some new faces here.

Ah pregnancy... I almost just went to sleep for the night while putting my toddler to bed, the pregnancy fatigue has definitely started and I could sleep at 9:00 these days.

I also fainted yesterday when I got up too fast from bed to go get DD in the morning! I opened her door and then fainted. I fell back onto our padded floor and the laundry basket. Padded floors aren't just for babies anymore! I was only out for a second because when I came to my DD was saying "Mommy fell" so matter of factly. I guess since DD falls all the time it only makes sense mommy might fall every now and again! It wasn't a big deal tho, I just need to not stand up so fast.

You ladies feeling more changes?

3. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

I am super nauseous this morning. Ick.

4. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

Really not enjoying the pimples this pregnancy has brought about. Just as the two from last week were going away, I woke up with a huge one on my temple this morning.

5. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Exhaustion. So...sleepy...

6. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@SupernovaJ: I just realized you have an August 2013 baby - I have both an August 2012 & 2014!

7. smith

cherry / 154 posts

I'm so excited - I spilled the beans to a close friend today at lunch, and her reaction was priceless. A lot of hugs and tears! Oh man. Telling people when I'm further along is going to be such fun!

8. travellingbee

@smith: fun!

Guys, I'm getting so nervous about the ultrasound on Tuesday. I'm so worried that it won't be normal and I just don't know if I can handle another loss right now. Plus my DH is leaving (abroad) the next day for a week.

Also my nausea seems to be coming and going. Today I feel mostly fine with just a few waves but the first half of yesterday was rough. The day before was totally nausea free but the day before that was rough. What's the deal??

9. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@sera_87: I have an April 2014 baby but got my bfp in August 2013

10. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@SupernovaJ: who has two thumbs and is bad at math?

11. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@travellingbee: my nausea came and went during the first tri with my last pregnancy. One day, it suddenly went away and I felt like a completely different person. I actually worried and thought the worst had happened but nope, everything was fine. I guess it can just vanish. It did pop up occasionally after that, but only if I was really tired or went too long without eating.

12. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@sera_87: haha. I was visiting my old POAS thread from the first pregnancy and we were on it together! Thought you looked familiar. How does it feel to be expecting number three!? I want three, hopefully we will be blessed in the future with another one!

13. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@smith: it's super fun sharing with "everyone"! Are you thinking about an announcement of some sort?

14. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@travellingbee: I remember I had days like that the first time. Some days were worse and others much better. I wouldn't read too much into it, but I think it's a good sign you are getting MS in general. I hope your ultrasound shows you a healthy baby!!!

15. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

Jumping in. Got my BFP

EDD: 1/13/15 by the standard calculators but my cycle is long so I think 1/18 or 1/20 is more accurate

How far along:Just got my BFP today, 4 weeks I guess

First child? nope, 2nd Have a son born Nov 2013

First doctor appointment: Need to call on Monday

Any symptoms so far? Nope

Who have you told? DH and DS. But I am HORRIBLE and secrets and will probably tell a few friends by the end of the weekend

16. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@ChitownRo: yay congrats and welcome!!

17. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

Cautiously joining from our first IVF cycle! We got a few and confirmed with a digital we go for our first beta on Tuesday

EDD: jan 19 based on transfer

How far along: 3w4d

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: Tuesday for betas!

Any symptoms so far? Sleepy!!!! Gas and burping .... I have never burped in my life

Who have you told? Quite a few family and friends. We've been very open with our ivf journey!

Happy to be here!

18. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Welcome to our latest members!

19. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: congrats!!! I love that you are open with your friends and family

20. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@ChitownRo: welcome and yea for siblings for our Nov '13 babies!

@MrsYellowJacket: welcome and yea for 3 TX Jan '16 moms!

21. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@ChitownRo: Thank you! You too!!

@mrs.shinerbock: we seem well represented

This may be tmi, but I've had the worst diarrhea all today. Ugh. It's been almost debilitating.... Yuck!!! Is this my version of morning sickness? Lol

22. travellingbee

@MrsYellowJacket: I had a bit of diarrhea last week.

23. smith

cherry / 154 posts

@ChitownRo: Woohoo, another Chicago mom! Congrats!!!!!

@MrsYellowJacket: Omg, WELCOME! So happy you're here!

24. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: Congrats!!!

I had diarrhea too. It was weird. I always thought upset stomach was a result of eating bad food, but it seems like a fairly common symptom of pregnancy.

25. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

Hello everyone!!

EDD: 1/15/16

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? No, I have a 2.5 year old

First doctor appointment: June 8th. My midwife who delivered my son is likely moving and said she can't take me on! So I made an appointment with a new midwife at another practice; I'm pretty anxious about it.

Any symptoms so far? Really hungry at random times; inconsistent aversion to chicken; sore boobs; craving ALL the salty foods. Also, I immediately started wanting seltzer water.

Who have you told? My husband, siblings, parents, best friend, neighbor, boss.

I'm excited to join the board! I wasnt active on my due date board the first time around. I'm glad to see some second time mommies too! Congratulations to everyone!

26. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: Congrats!!! I was also very active on my last due date board and then totally went MIA when she was born. lol. i guess it's just nice having other mommies to chat with, especially early on when it's not really known with the wider public yet.

i'm with a midwife practice for this pregnancy (reg OB for last pregnancy) and they wanted me to come in at 6 weeks. that seems really early to me - did they want to see you that early with your last pregnancy? i would rather wait until 8-9 weeks...

27. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@SupernovaJ: my cycle when I conceived last time was really long, so they scheduled me for what they thought was 8 weeks, even though I knew I was only 5 weeks. The midwife did a quick ultrasound, confirmed that I wasn't that far along and I made another appointment for my real 8 weeks for a dating ultrasound. This new practice also set it for 8 weeks out. I wonder if the early appointment is just to establish a relationship sooner?

28. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

EDD: January 17

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? No, I have a 21 month old

First doctor appointment: I have not made it yet, but should be for 8 weeks or so.

Any symptoms so far? Frequent peeing, moodiness, some cramping.

Who have you told? DH.

29. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: @mdf106: Congratulations and welcome to the board!

@mdf106: where in TX are you? We've got several moms from the Houston area.

30. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

I think the morning sickness is starting to kick in. I've been queasy all morning yesterday and today and smelling the scrambled eggs at brunch yesterday made me want to hurl. Uhhgg.

31. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: Oh man, I'm so sorry. I've been dealing with it too. Most foods make me want to hurl. The safe foods are pineapple, Coke Zero, and anything I am craving. Definitely craving lots of soups. I can only eat what I MUST HAVE at the moment, otherwise I feel nauseous. But I can't get it most of the time. So I have to force myself to eat something just so I won't feel nauseous but I don't want to eat that food, so I force myself, then I feel nauseous anyways. Right now I'm munching on potato chips. SO HEALTHY these days.

32. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: DFW

33. travellingbee

My nausea is definitely on and off throughout the day. This morning I made the mistake of letting myself get too hungry and I was really really nauseous. But most of the time it isn't too bad. Just comes and goes. Yesterday I was hungry all day. I ate two breakfasts and two lunches LOL. The main discomforts for me right now are extreme, uncomfortable bloat, and crazy round ligament pains that I don't remember until WAY later last time. I mean, they are bad!

Our ultrasound is tomorrow and I am shaking thinking about it. Please please please let this be a normal pregnancy!!!

34. travellingbee

@mdf106: @MrsYellowJacket: Lots of Texas Bees! I think there are 4 of us so far in this group!!

35. travellingbee

@JoyfulKiwi: Welcome!

36. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: good luck at the ultrasound tomorrow!

37. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@travellingbee: @SupernovaJ: oh I hope it passes soon!!!

@travellingbee: good luck with your ultrasound!!

38. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@travellingbee: Good luck tomorrow!!!

Since I've officially missed AF, I figured I'd join in.

EDD: Jan. 14, 2016

How far along: 4 weeks, 4 days

First child? Alive, yes (had a MC Jan/Feb 2014)

First doctor appointment: Last tuesday I went in for the first one (general check up and bloodwork). Still waiting on the bloodwork results, but the dr. put me on progesterone since i have a history of it being low.

Any symptoms so far? Until today I'd just had sore boobs and indigestion off and on. This morning the queasiness has set in.

Has anyone else had terribly itchy boobs? I have dry skin normally, but it's like trillion times worse on my boobs right now.

Who have you told? DH, my mom (who told SIL with my permission), one BFF, one friend who had a MC the same time as me, two friends who I knew would pray for me.

39. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@MaryM: My boobs are also itchy. I think they have grown a little, too, so the itching is from the skin stretching.

40. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@MaryM: welcome and congratulations! And yes to the itchy boobs.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee