Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@MaryM: glad you are joining in. We can support each other on this journey! Yes, my boobs have been itchy but mostly my nipples! Weird!

2. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@travellingbee: YES! just the nips. If someone finds relief, let me know what works.

3. Mermaidri

pea / 19 posts

Last week i felt a lot of period like pains and this past week i have been just exhausted/nauseous and really thirsty! anyone else have the cramping go away and just have a couple pinching pains?

4. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Mermaidri: Yes, it is normal for the cramping to come and go.

5. Mermaidri

pea / 19 posts

phew! thank you! @MDF106

6. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Poll

Has anyone had to turn down alcohol yet? Share your best excuses.

I graduate on Saturday, and before my BFP I planned to get together with my old roommate who's coming into town and some others for a happy hour to celebrate.

Now I can't drink at my own happy hour!

I'm not so much worried about not drinking, as I am worried because I know my friends. They will want to celebrate and buy me drinks. They will also be quick to assume that not drinking = pregnant.

So...share your excuses!

7. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@MaryM: Yep - mom's night out last week and I typically have a glass or 2 of wine with that group. I said I was on antibiotics.

I turned it down this weekend too, but it's not uncommon for me not to drink with my family, so it wasn't a big deal.

8. smith

cherry / 154 posts

@MaryM: I went to a friend's birthday dinner this weekend & ordered a glass of light white wine at dinner (I had a few sips here and there, but it sat for the most part and nobody noticed). When we went out with everyone after dinner, I secretly ordered Sprite + a slice of lime in rocks glasses all night. It did the trick and nobody suspected a thing!

9. smith

cherry / 154 posts

@MaryM: I should also note that when friends bought me drinks, I secretly gave them to DH or just held onto them and fake sipped. I felt guilty my friends spent money on drinks for me, but they would TOTALLY know that not drinking = pregnant. No excuse would have been good enough, even if it were true!

10. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@smith: I've considered that...maybe ordering a lady pint of guiness and not drinking but a sip or two of it.

I scheduled the event where my DH works, so I might also tell him to keep an eye on me (or tell his waiters to be extra vigilant) and make sure I never have an empty glass and order soda with a splash of cran (but no vodka)

11. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@smith: If only DH weren't working I'd totally make him drink them!

12. travellingbee

@MaryM: I was at two open bar parties this weekend. One wedding on Saturday and I just drank sprites. No one seemed to notice.

But the party on Sunday was much more intimate and the hosts kept offering. I declined saying we were out late the night before and I didn't want anything. When I finally said I'd just like a juice, the host side hugged me and said, "I'm so glad you'd only like a juice!" I was taken aback but smiled. Later my DH told me that he had hinted in a conversation with him earlier in the week. (They knew about our IF struggles and miscarriages) Other people seemed to buy that it was because I was hungover from the night before.

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@travellingbee: Hangover is usually my first excuse...except that we're meeting after work on a Tuesday. lol!

14. travellingbee

@MaryM: Ah ha....lush...

15. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@MaryM: hello! I would fake drunk. Show up early if you can to get a pseudo drink & try to head off others buying you any by keeping one in your hand always (like you said) or saying you'd really like an appetizer or something. I'd politely sip a real drink from a friend if they insisted, but you could decline more drinks by saying you've had too many and have to keep your head/drive home, etc.

At a family gathering, I filled an empty beer can with water and drank that!

16. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I finally got a call from the nurse on my blood test from last Thursday (updating here in case y'all weren't following my squinter thread).

I'd logged into the online portal and saw the results in numbers, but wanted them to confirm they were good. And they were! My progesterone is great (I was tested before supplementing) but they still want me to supplement until 20 weeks. Ugh. Hello queasiness, emotionalness, and goodbye FSA funds...

17. travellingbee

@MaryM: I'm on progesterone indefinitely too. I never noticed any queasiness from it. My nausea seems to increase with HCG but not progesterone. It does make by BBs sore and makes me a little crampy. Are you taking it orally or vaginally? Maybe that makes a difference?

18. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I've only ever taken it orally. Probably does make a difference. Maybe I'll ask if I can switch if I start feeling worse.

19. travellingbee

@MaryM: ah yes that's probably why it upsets your stomach....

20. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@travellingbee: Do you have the yellow waxy caplets?

21. travellingbee

@MaryM: No I'm on crinone which has prefilled syringes (like monistat-type stuff) It's not bad at all.

22. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

Hi all! I'm Kristin. I got my BFP super early at 9dpo... very faint. Got confirmed by blood at 11dpo, after 19 months of TTC and 2 rounds of Clomid. So excited. Nervous too... I just want the first trimester to come to a close safely and soundly.

EDD: January 13, 2016.

How far along: 4 weeks, 5 days

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: I had a few appts already for my HCG levels. First ultrasound is at 7 weeks on May 27th.

Any symptoms so far? Fatigue, frequent urination, bouts of nausea.

Who have you told? Immediate family and a few friends.

23. travellingbee

@kristinleigh: welcome! Mine is a Clomid baby too!

24. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Time for an update!

January 2016 moms!

January 3: Grace cat (#2)
    January 4: Travelling bee, (#2) Karen (#2)
    January 6: Mermaidri (#1), alba4 (#2)
    January 9: Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2)
    January 13: sera_87 (#3), Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1)
    January 14: Supernovaj (#2), marym (#1)
    January 15: Joyfulkiwi (#2)
    January 17: MDF106 (#2)
    January 19: MrsYellowJacket (#1)

TBD:
    Smith: January ??? (#1)

25. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

I have my first appointment on June 4, and a phone call, I think for paperwork, on May 29. I am also starting to get more symptoms, nausea, food aversions, and tiredness, although I got up early to day, and my aversion to coffee may be contributing to the tiredness. I can't believe they are starting so early, although I know it is a good sign.

Regarding drinking, I have done a combination of "sharing" drinks with DH, taking a few sips of a drink, keeping a drink in my hand, pretending that I had already drank some, and being the designated driver. I think there is nothing foolproof, and probably people will notice but not mention it.

26. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@MaryM: I'm on the progesterone pills and the nurse told me to take them before I go to bed. You won't feel the queasiness and it helps you sleep.

27. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@kristinleigh: welcome to HB!

28. travellingbee

I just made fish tacos for dinner, one of our favorite meals and I gagged on the first bite. Couldn't get it down.

29. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@travellingbee: Aw yay! Congrats!!! So well worth the side effects lol

30. travellingbee

Ultrasound in 5 minutes. I'm terrified! Please let baby be there!!!!

31. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@travellingbee: omg!!! I hope u r crying tears of joy! Good luck!!!

32. travellingbee

@gracecat: I am!!!!

We have a beautiful little bean with a heartbeat! We even got to HEAR it!!!

33. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: yea! So happy you got to see your little bean.

34. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@travellingbee: Amazing! Such great news!

35. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@travellingbee: yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! So happy for you!

36. travellingbee

In case you can't tell, it's tucked over there in the corner on the right. He/she is measuring 6 weeks and my due date (one day off of my LMP due date) is now January 5th.

37. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

Welp, I guess I am joining this board. Got my bfp last night (three year wedding anniversary!)

EDD: 1/13/16

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? nope, have a two year old

First doctor appointment: I just made it and wrote down two dates and cannot for the life of me remember which it is. I think June 5.

Any symptoms so far? mild cramping

Who have you told? the husband, my sister and best friend. I am freaking out a little so I feel the need to tell people.

38. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@SwanSong: Yay! Welcome! Our three year wedding anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks.

39. travellingbee

@SwanSong: What month was your 2 year old born? I have a March 2013 little guy. Congrats!
    ETA : Oh and TODAY is OUR 3 year anniversary! Happy anniversary to you too!

40. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@MaryM: Thanks! Happy (upcoming) Anniversary and congrats!

@travellingbee: My little guys was supposed to be March 2013 baby but decided to make his appearance 7 weeks early. Also, Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! Congratulations on your little bean!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee