Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: pretty! I think if it is a boy I would just go with more navy and red. Arrows would work for either gender on the wall.

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Are there ghost comments? I can see that @Smurfette: replied to me but can't see the post! We must be rolling over to a new page.

ETA: There it is!

3. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: I love the quilt and think it is actually really gender neutral!

Love the updates, what a great idea.

How Far Along Are You Today: 15 + 3

Next Appointment: Monday, the 1st! I should hopefully find out gender!

Have You Already Announced? If so how? If not, how do you plan to??: I've been telling people in person and told my office last week. I think we'll Facebook announce next week if my daughter will cooperate and take a picture...we tried today but she was having none of it!

Any plans for nurseries yet? Colors/themes?: I know what room it'll go in...does that count? I need to get moving!

What's Worse Than You Expected About Your Pregnancy?: How tired I was in the beginning! It's tough with a crazy toddler!

What's Better Than You Expected?: It seemed bad while I was in the thick of it, but I think my nausea and vomiting were better than last time around. Also, I feel pretty great now!

Are you feeling movement yet?: No question! Love those sweet little flutters.

Cravings: Deli sandwiches and cold cuts! I have not done a great job avoiding those.

Do You Have Any Pets?: Two dogs and a cat. Love them, but if I could get a re-do I'd stick to one and one for sure!

4. Smurfette

@babypugs: pregnant with a toddler is no joke. I am not looking forward to being huge and trying to carry her and in general keep up with her. I am eating sandwiches and cold cuts. I love them!

5. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

Okay, have to share with someone--I just made my first baby purchase! My insurance doesn't cover pumps and my pump from last time is pretty much done, so I brought the Spectra S1! I've heard such good things and it seemed really cheap on Amazon so I couldn't resist. I'm way more excited than I should be. Has anyone thought about pumps yet or made any exciting purchases lately?

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: Does your insurance not cover a new pump?

I bought a newborn cotton hat yesterday. It was so adorable, I couldn't resist! That was my first baby purchase.

ETA: Duh now I see you said your insurance doesn't. Bummer!

7. Smurfette

@babypugs: I can't believe your insurance doesn't cover it. I thought they had to under Obama care.

I have bought stuff for the nursery and clothes. We have tubs of clothes but I can't help it! Plus I know we will need 0-3 winter since LO mostly was in spring and summer when she was that size.

8. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: @Smurfette: Yep, it sucks! My insurance is grandfathered in and that's an exception to the rule. I figured if insurance wasn't going to pay for it I might as well get the pump I really want.

9. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Aww, the little hat will be perfect for January!
    @Smurfette: Any excuse for new baby clothes

10. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@IRunForFun: I love that quilt! I don't think it's girly at all, totally gender neutral!
    @babypugs: My insurance covered my pump for my first and I'll get another free one from them for this one too!

alright, here's my check in
    How Far Along Are You Today: 13+6
    Next Appointment: August 9th
    Have You Already Announced? If so how? If not, how do you plan to??: Our immediate family and a lot of friends know. I told work last week. I haven't called any extended family yet, but maybe in the next week or two? We will announce on FB after the anatomy scan (we waited with our daughter too)
    Any plans for nurseries yet? Colors/themes?: I'm actually kind of stressed about this, because we are going to move our toddler to what is currently the guest room and the baby will take over the "nursery." So, I need to decorate our daughter's "big kid room," figure out what art and decorations are hers and what will stay with the baby, and then fill in the gaps!
    What's Worse Than You Expected About Your Pregnancy?: I'm a LOT more sick and nauseous this go round (and have been for longer). I'm SO READY to feel normal again!
    What's Better Than You Expected?: People are more excited than I thought they would be for a second baby! It's been fun telling people.
    Are you feeling movement yet?: I THINK I might be feeling some flutters. I wasn't 100% sure about movement until like 18 weeks last time though, so who knows!
    Cravings: ugh, more food aversions than anything else!! I eat a lot of sandwiches and yogurt with cereal.
    Do You Have Any Pets?: One dog and two old lady cats. My dog (Rue) is my sidekick. I actually have a dog friendly office, so she gets to come to work with me every day!

11. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

How Far Along Are You Today:
    17+4

Next Appointment:
    8/22, the big anatomy scan

Have You Already Announced? If so how?:
    Just went FB official last week with DD wearing a big sister shirt and I added the date to the photo. This was my caption -
    Independent? (in her mind) Bossy? (1000%) Caring? (mostly) Helpful? (when she wants to be) Ready to be a big sister? (Yes!!!)

Any plans for nurseries yet? Colors/themes?:
    Using existing everything mostly likely, it's gray/white/yellow

What's Worse Than You Expected About Your Pregnancy?:
    Feeling sick! I was feeling great by 12 weeks last time but this time around I'm still sick!

What's Better Than You Expected?: Weight gain! With feeling sick for longer, plus an active toddler, I feel like I barely eat!

Are you feeling movement yet?:
    Yes! Not super regularly, but probably b/c I'm too busy half the time...

Cravings:
    Anything vinegary, and also spicy

Do You Have Any Pets?:
    Yes, a dog. She transitioned wonderfully w/ DD1!

12. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: omg I cannot move when I sneeze. Between peeing myself or the pain (who knew this was called round ligament pain!? Not me until now!!)

@snowjewelz: I can't even think about childcare after this one. I will be off about 13 months, so thankfully have a long while yet, but it's already got me worried!! I will need before/after school for one (like $10/day less than full time care) and two full time! I won't even go there on if we go for a 4th and another close age gap.....eeep!

13. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

this is awesome! Thanks @IRunForFun:

How Far Along Are You Today: 17+5

Next Appointment? Anatomy scan, August 11! Doctor August 30!

Have You Already Announced? If so how? If not, how do you plan to??: July 1 we told my parents, July 5 with told DHs and since then have been telling most people as we see them! It's been so fun just weaving it into conversations! No social media announcement, undecided on that one, but I'm sure I'll do something eventually.

Any plans for nurseries yet? Colors/themes?: We are pretty excited about building new beds and a new shared space in one bedroom for DD (3) and DS (2). I have a secret Pinterest board for them that I can't wait to bring to life! For this baby we will be painting over stripes I did for DS's baby room (I can't believe I'm actually going to paint over them, omg they took so long!) match original room colour and existing colour of two other walls in the room. It's a light grey and we will go from there on the rest of the room. We (we as in DH!) are currently refinishing our kitchen table and 8 chairs so all other projects are off radar right now. Refinishing is usually my thing, it's so hard to sit this one out!

What's Worse Than You Expected About Your Pregnancy?: I'm struggling in the heat! Also finding I can only be vertical so many hours a day and need to get a break and horizontal. Nothing "worse" than any expectations, but it's early yet, ha!

What's Better Than You Expected?: my hair!! Omg I love my hair right now. It's so easy and cooperative. Blaming pregnancy, haha.

Are you feeling movement yet?: Yes! And felt twice from the outside now. My favourite thing about pregnancy, looking forward to it more and more.

Cravings: None! Aversions still, but that's about it.

Do You Have Any Pets?: Yes! One dog. He's a pro with the kids and such a good boy. He will be thrilled to have me off work again, more snuggles and walks for him!

14. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: I am quilt obsessed and that one is great! Definitely easy to run with boyish! Great inspiration!!

15. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: Hope today's appointment went or goes well!

Also. Is spectra that new brand of pump that was a buzz a while ago!? My insurance will cover $300 and any additional cost can come from my health spending account. I didn't get one previously and am hoping this will be nice to have this time!

16. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@madger: omg amazing about dog friendly work place!! I have snuck my guy in a couple times and everyone loves him there, but it's definitely not allowed.

I love reading everyone's updates!!

17. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Smurfette: the curtains are pillow fort right? we just hung the pink ones and I love the quality.

@IRunForFun: I think the quilt will totally work for both, espicially since you can pull the more masculine colors for a boy and more feminine for a girl.

@babypugs: I was ridiculously excited when i got my pump last time. You'll have to let me know how you like it although my medela is still in pretty good shape and I think my insurance covers a new one.

18. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

How Far Along Are You Today: 17+1

Next Appointment: August 10

Have You Already Announced? If so how? If not, how do you plan to??: We've been telling family and friends as we see them. I told work a couple weeks ago. Now that we're in the new house I'd like to get a pic of us on the porch and announce with that

Any plans for nurseries yet? Colors/themes?:We moved in our house this past weekend, we know what room will be baby's but I've been concentrating on Fi's big girl room since we moved her to a full bed. Girl - no clue, Boy - pirates

What's Worse Than You Expected About Your Pregnancy?: the exhaustion and walking up feeling like i never slept

What's Better Than You Expected?: no weight gain and hubs is way more into this pregnancy and being attentive

Are you feeling movement yet?: Yes! quite a bit this kid is going to make it's presence known early and often. I love not having the placenta in the way.

Cravings: Really good chunky tomato marinara sauce on anything - pasta, fries, veggies, pizza, a spoon

Do You Have Any Pets?: a dog, he is great with Fi and i expect the same with this one.

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

I'm so jealous of everyone feeling movement! I know I'm due at the end of the month, it's my first, and I have an anterior placenta, but I can't wait!

Also jealous of those who haven't gained much weight, although I guess I should count myself lucky there since I haven't been sick!

20. Smurfette

@Chillybear: Yes! I mean $25 a pop for black out, you can't beat that. Plus we need 95" length. Currently searching for pink or teal ones for LO big girl room. Which pink ones did you get? But I love the Pillowfort stuff. I ordered like 4 wall hanging as well. Congrats on getting in your house!

21. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Smurfette: We did these http://www.target.com/p/twill-lightblocking-window-panel/-/A-50969169 and put white sheers behind them... I also splurged on the dip dye ombre canopy http://www.target.com/p/dip-dye-bed-canopy-turquoise-pillowfort/-/A-50092581. We're hanging it tonight. I'll try to post pics. I found some really cute full bed in a bag sets at home goods (kids section) from cynthia rowley that had all the colors we were looking for

22. Smurfette

@Chillybear: Love that canopy! I was looking at those curtains. I really wanted some white one with poms on the side but so far PBK is the only one that sells them in the size we need. I refuse to pay $99 a panel. Especially since we need 4! I got LO's bedding at PB Teen on sale. We, well DH, is supposed to paint her room on the 14th. She is so excited about her pink walls.

23. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Smurfette: I bet joanns/ michaels/hobbylobby would have pompom trim you could hot glue on... i think YHL did that in clara's room

24. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

25. Smurfette

@Chillybear: I am looking into it. I just don't know if I trust myself! I found some pink poms on amazon and of course it is like 1.5 yards short of what I need. Unless I just do one side of each panel.

26. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@madger: So jealous that your pup comes to work with you!

@snowjewelz: Your fb announce sounds adorable.

@sunnyday: This heat is no joke! It was officially announced that we had the hottest summer in my city since like 1886 or something ridiculous. And yes, Spectra is newer to the market and is designed to compete w/ hospital grade Medela pumps--plus the S1 can pump off the re-chargeable battery! I paid under $200--so cheap compared to most.

@Chillybear: Me too on the marinara front! Mostly pizza though.

Appointment today went great---it's official---we're having another GIRL!!!!

27. Smurfette

@babypugs: congrats!!! If I remember correctly there are more girls so far.

28. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: I saw your post on baby names you'll never get to use! Our first two kids are c names, and if we were keeping with c's for this one, Connor would so be our top boys name! And then likely Catherine for girl! We are avoiding C or K names for this one, and is hard!!

@babypugs: hey now!! Congrats on another girl!!

I looked up the Spectra and it's like $230 here! I thought it would be insane like the medala. Are there any extra parts or accessories I may want or need with it? The reviews on it are unreal!!

@IRunForFun: hopefully movement for you soon! I have been lucky to feel it fairly early!

I have not bought anything for this baby yet. I need a couple things in terms of gear (rocking chair, swing) but have yet to cave to a smaller "for fun" purchase! I need to put myself in a store and see if I cave, haha.

29. Smurfette

@sunnyday: it is much easier since we, ok I, know the gender. DH doesn't say anything but I am sure he is thinking why is she buying more clothes! I love Connor for a boy!

30. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Big girl room done! Except wall art

31. bluebubblez

pea / 17 posts

@Chillybear: Beautiful room and girl!

How Far Along Are You Today: 17 weeks exactly!

Next Appointment: September 1 (anatomy scan)

Have You Already Announced? If so how? If not, how do you plan to??: Close friends and family -- phone call & text since they don't live nearby.

Any plans for nurseries yet? Colors/themes?: None. I'm a poor planner, but we did check out some cribs and strollers.

What's Worse Than You Expected About Your Pregnancy?: hard to sleep (I always slept on my back or stomach and now I'm trying to sleep on my left side) and lower back pain.

What's Better Than You Expected?: no more nausea since i've entered the second trimester. feeling pretty normal minus grumpy from lack of sleep.

Are you feeling movement yet?: No.

Cravings: French fries!

Do You Have Any Pets?: No pets allowed in our apt, but would love to have a Corgi & Maltese in the future!

32. Smurfette

@Chillybear: so cute!! Love the bright colors!
    @bluebubblez: French fries are even better while pregnant!

33. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Chillybear: love the bright colours. I am so not brave enough to go bright!

@bluebubblez: I love corgi's! I am pretty sure we will always have Golden's, but a corgi is one of two small dogs I could totally have!

On a Canadian January 2017 group I am on, a Mom found an app where you can find the baby's hb (works like a doppler) using the mic. It says not to use until 30w+ but many have downloaded it and found hb's! I am soooo tempted! I won't be worried if I can't find it as I am feeling movement often enough, but just seems kinda crazy. Technology is unreal. App is call mybabybeat if anyone is interested or has heard of it.

34. snowjewelz

@Chillybear: Adorable! I don't even know if we'll have a big girl's room for DD since we've always been co-sleeping with her!

@sunnyday: Wow, totally want to try! I'll let you know if I do!

We've never done black out shades over here!

35. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: We didn't have them for LO but the nursery has bigger windows and I figure with my loud LO we are going to need help getting the baby to sleep.

I think I updated this correct and didn't miss anything.

Jan 4 - Sunnyday (#3)
    Jan 5 - snowjewelz (#2)
    Jan 5 - Colette1285 (#1)
    Jan 5 - Mrs. Pinata(#3)
    Jab 8 - Chillybear (#2)
    Jan 9 - Ruby26 (#1)
    Jan 9 - Limabeanbabies (#3)
    Jan 9 - Bluebubblez (#1)
    Jan 9 - Aimed121 (#2)
    Jan 11 - Smurfette (#2)
    Jan 11 - Afishermanswife (#1)
    Jan 14 - littlecasita1122 (#3 & #4)
    Jan 15 - Mrs. Toad (#2)
    Jan 18 - Babypugs (#2)
    Jan 19 - Melissajoy89 (#1)
    Jan 20 - Sharon25 (#3)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)
    Jan 24 - SaltySea (#2)
    Jan 25 - IRunForFun (#1)
    Jan 28 - faithlove224(#2)
    Jan 28 - emilye519 (#2)
    Jan 29 - norcal_gal (#1)
    Jan 30 - Madger (#2)
    Feb 6 - nana87 (#2)

36. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: look at all the babies we have!!!

It's funny that I have a youngest of the class and now an oldest of the class! I just really hope she comes in Jan and not Dec!

37. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: My DD was trying to convince us that Santa would bring the baby in December last night, and I was like "no, no, no" January! She was having fun with it and we were too, but it's crazy to think how big of a difference coming in December would make on them going to school! Any arrival in December would be one year less in daycare, insanity. I expect to go late as I did with the other two so not really worried about it, but if it wants to come in December....well....can't control it. I am a February baby so have seen the difference that time makes being oplder in the class versus younger! My oldest is an Oct baby, DS is May, so we are covering all parts of the year apparently

38. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: @sunnyday: DH really doesn't want a Dec baby. I just hope that if she comes early it is after Christmas. And early enough we are out of the hospital by 1/1. I don't want a stay overlapping years for insurance. It would be nice if she comes by 12/31 cause I already met the deductible for the year. Then would reach the max, so I think it would be cheaper for us.

39. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: That is true, and would be the only good thing of an early arrival (albeit saving a whole year is really tempting!) It's just kinda crazy for me to have 2 Dec babies! Crap, if OB wants to induce me at 29 weeks if I have GD again... I'm gonna make her wait till Jan if I can help it!

@Smurfette: Oo, good point too about insurance!! Tho I don't mind Jan and paying since they would up our deductible to help with anything else for 2017......

40. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: Yeah I think either way we will are going to pay a lot medically in 2017. DH is getting snipped and he is on his own insurance, so 2 deductibles. yay!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee