Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@snowjewelz: I mean I could be better but after dieting for almost a year, I want carbs damn it! But really I am just hungry like all the time. but after vacation I am going to really make an effort to hit up protein more.

I just realized they scheduled my appointment at 18 weeks and according to the schedule I should go at 16. I guess I need to call them. But really I don't think it matters.

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Yay for an ultrasound, boo about the weight lecture. I'm afraid I'll get that too at my appt next week. I'm just past 11 weeks and up about 5 lbs already. I'm just the past few days feeling like I'm able to eat some healthier foods so maybe it'll slow down a little...

3. emilye519

cherry / 129 posts

I'm jumping in late over here too!

EDD: 1/28/2017

How far along: 10+5

First child? No, we have an 18 month old little girl - I think there are a couple of other January 2015 Mommas on here?
    First doctor appointment: I've had several, I had an ectopic pregnancy so u get checked out early in my pregnancies. Everything is looking good thus far!

Any symptoms so far? SO nauseous! I had to get fluids a few weekends ago because I was vomitting so much - ack! I had a short course of zofran but am managing fine with B6 + unisom now and constant snacking.

Who have you told? DH and our parents/siblings and dad's daycare so we could reserve a spot. They are already on a wait list for next June, sheesh. I guess there is a baby boom around here.

This pregnancy was a surprise for us, we moved last month and my husband just started a new job so not the best timing but very welcome after we dealt with years of infertility to have our daughter! I'm excited about another January baby!

4. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: I know, I eat all day long too b/c I will start gagging if I get too hungry!

@emilye519: I am a Dec 2014 mama (so is Josina), so our kids are around the same age!

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@emilye519: Congrats!

OMG you guys, I'm an idiot. Can I blame pregnancy brain already!
    So I got to looking at my dates more and my period tracker app and I just hadn't marked my last period in May, so had told the dr's office April. Now I have to call the dr. and update everything! Duh me.
    Back on for February 22nd! Sorry for hijacking! How embarrassing!!

6. snowjewelz

@josina: haha, it's not! this stuff is confusing! if i wasn't tracking my period to just track it, i would have no clue!

7. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm glad I figured it out now vs. waiting till later! Whoops!

8. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@josina: I figured you got a due date change after an ultrasound. Now it stinks to lose those 4 weeks again! Aargh! But we are glad you jumped in here!
    @emilye519: hello to a fellow Nashvillian! 😀

9. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

I feel like I'm so behind after being out of town/internet free for a while--congrats and welcome to all the new mamas on the board!

Those who have announced, was everyone surprised, or did everyone see it coming a mile away?

10. Smurfette

@josina: haha!
    @emilye519: welcome!!

@babypugs: Most of my family was expecting it. They knew we wanted another. We announced on FB this morning.

11. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@babypugs: They were surprised. We didn't tell anyone we wanted another.

12. Mrs. Pinata

@babypugs: people find it hard to believe but that's because we have been so open about our infertility and we didn't tell people we were doing IVF. 😀

13. snowjewelz

We haven't announced on FB yet but most people I see regularly know. I think most are surprised? Prob thought we'd wait longer (so did we, haha!)

14. Smurfette

I already ordered curtains for the nursery I found them (actually someone posted them on a thread on HB) and loved them and it was a good start as inspiration. Luckily DH didn't think I was too crazy.

15. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Hey, if you love it, get it! I still have no idea what we're doing. DD co-sleeps, so either 1) she moves back into her room and DD2 co-sleeps with us 2) use existing nursery for DD2, move DD1 to spare room w/ twin bed 3) play it by ear, which is most likely what we'll do...........

16. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: Right now the nursery is the guest room/DH's office. We are getting ready to finish our basement, been so hard finding a contractor, but I need it done ASAP so I can start getting the nursery done. We also told LO that we would redo her room, just paint, bedding, art, into a big girl room. So LOTS of house projects. As my OB told me yesterday, we are 1/3 of the way through, so I want to get started like yesterday.

17. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: saying 1/3 does make it scary! I keep thinking this isn't till "next year" lol. I'm banking on longer holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas to do stuff, which is super super late...

18. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: @snowjewelz: Go for it.

Now that the nausua is easing, I'm starting to look into changing things. We have a two bedroom apartment and are not planning on moving. I have to rearrage the room to allow a twin bed plus the crib. I plan to to do most of this in late August between summer and fall school sessions.

19. littlecasita1122

persimmon / 1026 posts

I had my early risk assessment ultrasound today and the twins look great :). Both are measuring almost exactly the same and even had the same heartbeats of 165. My anxiety was awful the past couple days but I feel a little relieved now. Big milestone We are thinking of announcing on FB this week as I could use the extra support and positive vibes but I'm friends with a lot of loss parents now and don't want to be a trigger for them. Pregnancy after loss is such a roller coaster but today is a good day.

20. snowjewelz

@littlecasita1122: aww, so glad they're doing well!

21. Smurfette

@littlecasita1122: Yay! My baby has had a high rate for both ultrasounds. Maybe it is girls!

22. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Aw, fun! What did you do for your Facebook announce?
    @Mrs. Toad: We have had the same experience! I think people were surprised because I talked about how my first LO was an unusually bad sleeper so much, ha.
    @Mrs. Pinata: A great surprise indeed!
    @snowjewelz: How far apart will your LOs be?

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: OMG, we are 1/3 through. I have done nothing and am now terridied!

@littlecasita1122: That's fantastic! Glad the twins are doing great.

23. Smurfette

@babypugs: I put up a picture of a Big Sister shirt and a little sister shirt. Then commented how matching coordinating clothes was going to be so fun but also dangerous for our checking account. Baby sister is due Jan 2017.

24. Mrs. Pinata

@littlecasita1122: great news on the results! I'm sure that's a big relief. 😀

25. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@littlecasita1122: Congrats, it is great to hear that you are doing so well.

26. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Hi all. Checking in a hello!

We've been away 9 days now, my kids slept in like 7 different places the first few days between hotels, tent and trailers. We've bailed on camping after only a few nights in, weather has been like 10 degrees and rain.....we did not bring more than two pairs of long pants and shirts each! Oh well though, still having a blast with fam!

I think since I last posted, we have told both parents, my grandparents and DHs siblings. The surprised reactions have been so sweet and awesome! My one SIL said she knew from the moment she saw me because of my boobs, lol. We're both runners and usually very flat chested, haha.

I've been feeling ok. Enjoying not hiding bump while away. Sleeping half decently, found a big vein last night, I think they called it varicose vein last time "down there" that really limited my time vertical last pregnancy (didn't have it my first) so the fact I can feel and see it already is sort of worrying, as I don't want it to slow me down so soon! It caused so much pain last time.

We weren't sure how long we'd stay away, if we'd leave this week or next, but I think we are definitely here at least another week.

Read updates, sounds like we are all doing ok Hope everyone is having better weather than we are!

27. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: Glad you are having fun. Hopefully, you won't be put on any rest and you can enjoy most of the pregnancy.

28. madger

cherry / 178 posts

I had an appointment this morning (11 weeks) and since we are passing on all additional scans and testing until the anatomy scan I was SO nervous I wouldn't hear the heartbeat! Well, this baby wanted to shout it from the rooftop because my doctor found it the second he put the Doppler on me! Definitely helped ease my mind a bit!

29. snowjewelz

@madger: good to hear!!

@sunnyday: glad you guys are having a good time!

First person congratulated me at work, haha! Bold move lady, bold move!

30. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: so bold!! Yikes!!

14+6 today. Officially calling feeling movement! I have suspected it a couple times previous nights, but for sure tonight, eee! Makes all the not so fun parts of pregnancy sooo worth it.

31. bluebubblez

pea / 17 posts

@sunnyday: yay! what does it feel like? kicks yet? i am 14+1 and nothing yet. we have a month between appointments and i get a little worried if everything's well in there. thinking about a doppler, but afraid i'll be using it more than i should.

32. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I "think" I felt a kick at the beach yesterday. I have an anterior placenta again but this was off to the side. So I think it was probably something else. I was hoping to feel her sooner then her big sister, around 20-21 weeks with her.

33. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@bluebubblez: at this point feels like someone is flicking me from the inside! Definitely can't feel from outside yet, looking forward to those big kicks in the weeks to come.

@Smurfette: I looked up an old email I sent my Mom and MIL about my first and feeling movement and weirdly it was 14+4. Definitely light movements, but argh on anterior placenta for you, I have heard it makes such a difference in timing of feeling babes!

34. snowjewelz

I felt DD1 pretty late due to anterior placenta as well, and also as a FTM. OB didn't say I have anterior placenta this time, I feel a lot of pulsing, maaaybe the slightest hint of flicker/inner rumbling? I'm 14+6 today.

35. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: the ultrasound tech said that it looked like I had one again but she said it could move again.

36. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Interesting! I guess if I'm not feeling much movement by next appt, I'll ask them!

I brushed my teeth without gagging for the first time today!

37. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

hello all! We're back from vacation i've been keeping up with the posts but i hate typing on my phone. It was so nice to hit the beach for a week. pretty much all my 1st tri symptoms have disappeared. The only thing i can really complain about is some acne, stiffness and feeling like i didnt sleep enough in the AM, and getting up to pee in the middle of the night multiple times. I've definitely popped. and can no longer comfortably lay on my stomach. With my 1st LO it took me a long to feel movement. I've been feeling what feels like muscle twitches in the general vicinity of baby and I'm wondering if it could be early movement. I have a check up tonight at the OB office and go in for bloodwork for the sequential screen in 2 weeks. I'm hoping I'll be making my anatomy scan appointment tonight.

I told my bosses and coworkers the news before we left for vacation and so far all positive reactions. I was really nervous esp since we are a small company and they have no real maternity leave plans in place. I work with a lot of women and a lot that have had babies but i'm the first to have a 2nd. I really struggled after my first maternity leave so i'm hoping to take 12 full weeks and come back on a lighter schedule if we can afford it.

38. Smurfette

@Chillybear: I'm a stomach sleeper. So far I am ok still, what pillow do you have/going to get? I borrowed one from a friend last time but she is pregnant again too and I didn't like it. I don't know what kind I want to get.

39. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I was thinking of getting the Boppy cuddle pillow because it's small-ish but still has support for the hips, knees, and belly, but it's a lot pricier than I thought I would be! I'm a side sleeper but I'm already getting hip pain if I stay on one side too long so I'm on the lookout for a pillow. The Snoogle would just take up too much room in our bed, I think.

ETA: Looks like it's so expensive on Amazon because they've stopped making it. Shoot!

40. Smurfette

Baby names are hard! We have settled on one but neither of us love it. I will be fine with it if we can't think of anything better. I just feel bad cause I love LO's name and it feels like baby sister is getting the shaft.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee