Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@afishermanswife: Thinking of you!! Hope you see your baby

2. afishermanswife

coffee bean / 25 posts

Sorry for the delay! Been busy giggling like happy little kids over brunch with DH

We saw baby and he/she is super cute, measuring on track with a heartbeat of 153! Now the worry of yesterday seems totally worth the extra ultrasound. My heart seriously fluttered and DH teared up to see our little bean moving around in there. Way more fun than the 7 week dating ultrasound.

Our tech was super nice and printed out special extra pictures for my mum. I snuck into her place and put them on the fridge for when she comes HOME today!!!

Hope everyone else is having a great day too

3. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@afishermanswife:

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@afishermanswife: Great news!! So happy your Mom is coming home today too!

5. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@afishermanswife: Great news, both the ultrasound and your mom coming home! Was thinking about you this morning!

6. snowjewelz

@afishermanswife: That's great!!

I had a lame appointment w/ my OB... Waited an hour for a 5 min check up using the doppler. It was lame b/c we just saw her on Monday with the ultrascreen lol.

7. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@afishermanswife: Awesome news times two!

Hope everyone has great long weekends on the Canada and US sides, I am frantically prepping for trip.....t minus 48 hours or so!

8. Aimed121

grape / 76 posts

So jumping in super late! I've been a cautious cat for the past few weeks!
    EDD: 1/9/17
    How far along: 12+3
    First child? No, have a 3.5 year old gorgeous boy
    First doctor appointment: Have had two so far - all is looking good and in my last one my EDD was brought forward a week - score to skipping a week of pregnancy!
    Any symptoms so far? Major queasiness. Have been taking B6 & unisom combo which has been a huge help but I'm hoping I'll be able to drop it soon.
    Who have you told? DH and my immediate family only. Not in a rush to tell everyone yet, like I said, being a cautious cat!

Congratulations to all you other lovely ladies on the board and wishing a happy and healthy time for all of us!

9. snowjewelz

@Aimed121: Welcome!!

10. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Aimed121: Welcome!!!

11. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I hate that crap. I try and do first thing appointments so they aren't so backed up. But last time I waited an hour and half once and she measured my belly and listened with the doppler. Took 5 mins. I found out when I was leaving another doctor was called in for am emergency c-section (so two were out in the hospital) but still, let me know!
    @Aimed121: Congrats!!! We are just a couple days apart.

12. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking making a 5:30pm appointment! And I wasn't sure what she was doing so DH came too. I was like man, you did not have to sit this long to listen to her heartbeat for 30 seconds when we just saw it on Monday!!

13. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

I have realized a little late that I actually belong in a due date board! I hope I'm still welcome!

EDD: 1/5

How far along: 13 weeks

First child? First pregnancy, but 2 kiddos at home we adopted

First doctor appointment: I've had 4 so far. hehe
    The first was at the fertility clinic

Any symptoms so far? All kind of nausea, exhaustion, dizziness, irritability... I guess everything you're "supposed" to have

Who have you told? Pretty much everyone, but we have yet to make a FB announcement

14. madger

cherry / 178 posts

happy 4th to those of you who celebrate! we just got back from a two week long trip to Iceland, Denmark, and Sweden. It was our first international trip with our daughter and it was interesting throwing exhaustion and nausea in the mix! thankfully we met up with my parents in sweden, it was nice to have a few extra hands to help keep our little one entertained! 10 weeks today, I'm ready for the food aversions and nausea to go away and to feel a little more confident about this pregnancy! I have my next appointment in a week and i'm hoping we will be able to hear the heartbeat.

15. Smurfette

@Mrs. Pinata: welcome!!
    @madger: I am starting to feel better. Around 11 weeks. I think I am going to use up all my meds though so I get through to 14 weeks, the 2nd tri. I will be 13 weeks on Wed.

I went to the mall to get some shorts and LO and I went to the Gap. It is dangerous knowing the gender so early. But LO was so cute picking out clothes for "her baby".

16. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: Welcome!

@madger: @Smurfette: I am feeling better at 12 weeks today. I am not giving up on medications for at least a few more weeks. I still have a tough time in the evenings, and that is when I have graduate classes.

17. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Pinata: So exciting

@madger: Just reading that made me tired, haha! But it sounds like you guys had fun!

I'm still gagging on & off at almost 14 weeks...

We still haven't put up an announcement on FB! Meanwhile my bump is completely out for the world to see but I think people are afraid to ask, haha!

18. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@snowjewelz: we didn't "facebook announce" until after our anatomy scan with our daughter and will probably do the same this time around!

19. snowjewelz

@madger: That's what we did last time too. I think I even waited till 1-2 weeks AFTER the scan! This time around I just want to get it over with b/c so many people know already!

20. Mrs. Pinata

@madger: I was thinking we might also wait until anatomy scan to say something on FB too. And we should also know the gender then too!@snowjewelz: haha... We had someone at church say they recognized DS somewhere but that it didn't look like me. I wanted to ask "is that because I look heavier with a poochy belly?" 😜

21. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I put a picture on FB of LO on Sunday. My great aunt commented something about how cute she is and she must be so excited to be a big sister, etc. Luckily I saw it within a minute or two, but I deleted it so fast. We will announce it this week, I just want to make sure everything goes ok at the ultrasound tomorrow.
    @Mrs. Toad: Of course as soon as I said that yesterday, last night and this morning I have felt nauseous. Urg!

22. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: That's how it goes.

We put up the Facebook announcement on Friday. Things seem to be going well. We won't have the anatomy scan for a while and I'm not getting the blood test.

23. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: oh man! those relatives, lol!

24. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Hi girls! I'm late to join because I just had my first appt. today to confirm pregnancy and I had totally screwed up my EDD!! (you'd think having done this before I'd know better! I used my first day of missed period vs. first day of last period). So great news is that my actual DD is January 26th (my bday!!) and I went from 7 weeks to almost 11 wks in the blink of an eye.

EDD: Jan. 26th (my bday!)

How far along: 10 weeks 5 days

First child? I have 1 step daughter (13) and a 19 month son

First doctor appointment: 7/14

Any symptoms so far? tired, not-hungry/some nausea, plugged ears!

Who have you told? We told my fam on fathers day, and DH's family has actually guessed. A few close friends know.

I'll be trying to catch up with you guys!
    @snowjewelz: So excited to be in a DD thread together again!!

25. snowjewelz

@josina: nooooooo waaaaaaaayy! yay

26. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@josina: Welcome! Glad you got to skip a few weeks.

27. Smurfette

@josina: welcome! So nice to skip a couple weeks of the 1st tri!

28. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz:
    @Mrs. Toad: @Smurfette: thanks!
    The first thing my mom said when I told her is "can we tell now?!". Lol. I'm waiting till 12 wks to really start telling people and will probably fb-announce at 16 weeks.

29. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: Hooray! Welcome!

@madger: I'm afraid to jinx it but I think maybe I'm starting to feel better at 11 weeks? I'm still taking b6 and half a unisom tab at night and afraid to stop. But I seem to be having more good days than bad now. By good I mean I can eat pretty normally and only need one short nap. 😜 But today I was able to drink an iced latte without wanting to barf! And veggies are starting to be appealing again.

@snowjewelz: We haven't done any social media announcement either but I'm only 11 weeks. Maybe after my 12 week appt...I'm in the "Is she gaining weight or pregnant?" phase and always wondering whether I should try and hide the bloat/bump or let it hang out and hope people assume I'm pregnant and not just letting myself go. I have a super short torso so I think I'm going to show pretty early.

@josina: Haha oh my goodness! You skipped the worst of it! Welcome!

As for me, had a little scare on Friday when I woke up with some pretty bad cramping on my left side. It felt sort of menstrual like and radiated to my butt and down my thigh and wouldn't let up. I called the doctor and they had me come in. Pelvic exam showed cervix was high and closed and no bleeding detected. Listened for the heartbeat on the Doppler and the doctor warned me it might be too early to hear it at 10 weeks 4 days, but he found it! Still not sure what caused the cramping, he said since it was one-sided and the way I described it, it might be a cyst. It subsided the next day. Almost wish I'd gotten a scan but hearing the heartbeat was reassuring. Next appt a week from today and hope to hear it again!

30. littlecasita1122

persimmon / 1026 posts

For those of you taking B6 & Unisom...on the nights I don't take Unisom I have such a hard time sleeping. Not because I'm nauseous, it's just hard falling asleep and then I will wake up at 4am for an hour before I fall back asleep. I haven't talked to my doctor yet, but is anyone taking Unisom even after the nausea lessens?

31. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: glad that your little one is ok.

@littlecasita1122: I have insomnia when pregnant. Last time it got better once I hit the 2nd tri. I am taking the prescription strength Unisom-B6 but once it is out if I am having issues sleeping I will take 1/2 a Unisom at night. With a LO that seems to be dropping her nap, I need all the sleep at night I can get.

32. Mrs. Pinata

@littlecasita1122: i take it occasionally for insomnia and not nausea. It's totally safe to take every night for sleep too. 😀

33. littlecasita1122

persimmon / 1026 posts

@Smurfette: @Mrs. Pinata: Ok good to know haha! I will cut down to a half and see if I can get by with that. I'm hoping now that I'm feeling better I can work out more and that will make me tired enough.

34. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@littlecasita1122: I'm taking a half tab. It's enough to help me fall asleep but it doesn't leave me groggy the next day. After a really bad day Saturday I took a full one and was so tired the next day! I'm going to try to stop taking it at 12 weeks but if I have insomnia I won't have any qualms about continuing as needed.

35. Mrs. Pinata

@littlecasita1122: Do you also take magnesium? I take some every night before bed (in addition to some other stuff too) to help with sleep and have had good luck. Still need the Unisom from time to time too though and am glad it's safe for us to take!

36. Smurfette

@Mrs. Pinata: I take magnesium as well. I have restless leg so it helps a lot with that.

37. Smurfette

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

38. Smurfette

I had an ultrasound this morning. Baby girl looks perfect. It was at a high risk place and the doctor told me I was boring cause baby girl looks perfect. So far the heart, brain, neck, all look great. We got some great pictures. I can't wait to show LO tonight. She was moving around a lot. Then I had an OB appointment, she said everything looks great. I just need to watch my weight. Thanks, like I didn't know that. I was depressed when I saw the scale. I just can't stop eating all the carbs. Vacation next week isn't going to help. I go back on Aug 9th and I have to call next week to schedule the anatomy scan at 19 weeks.

39. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Smurfette: Yay for a great ultrasound! I'm jealous of you ladies that get those... I won't get one until the 20 week gender scan.
    Speaking of food... nothing is sounding appetizing to me right now, I have to force myself to eat. No fun.

40. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: ugh always great to be reminded about gaining weight, and so early on too! i'm just PRAYING i don't have GD again...

@josina: hopefully this phase pass for you soon!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee