Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@babypugs: I'm jealous. I have been eating way too much Halloween candy.

We have a name but we aren't sharing it with anyone till she gets here. I ordered off etsy the name in cursive in wood to go above the crib. Which fingers crossed, the basement will be done on Friday, aside from the shower door and odd punch list stuff. So we are moving the guest room and office down there on Sat. So I can start prepping the nursery. I can't wait. I am feeling way more need to nest and be prepared this time. Which is weird since with the 2nd I wouldn't be.

I bought Tylenol, gripe water, bath soap, and wipes this weekend. I have diaper cream on my list for my next Target run. What else do I need? I am totally blanking on meds and stuff we need to get. I need to look for the Nose Frieda and make sure we still have it. I am sure I need new filters for that.

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Do we have a ghost page?

There it is!

3. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

I was just thinking i completely forget what i'm supposed to start pulling out for a hospital bag.... we have our hospital tour on the 22nd

4. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: As a first time mom I don't know how much help I can be with the list of needed items! I'm going to start putting together my postpartum supplies soon, I think - nipple cream, nursing pads, etc. My shower is this weekend so I will have to reevaluate what we need for baby after that. I know (from registry stalking) we will be getting wipes, diaper cream, soap/shampoo, lotion, etc. I will def need to stock up on infant medicines and stuff though.

5. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Names are hard! It's so permanent!

@Smurfette: I so wish I was organized enough to get pretty name decorations together in advance!If you don't still have them, those teeny tiny fingernail clippers! We used the vibrating filing "clippers" last time. Are you thinking of stuff for you, too? I remember having to send my husband out for stool softener, pads, and giant panties...the horror!

6. Smurfette

@Chillybear: @babypugs: I don't remember using a lot I bought last time. I know I need huge pads and some underwear I don't care about. I have stool softners already. Then I used the peri bottle from the hospital. I do need nursing pads and cream. Just added those to my amazon cart. We have the baby nail scissors, best thing ever, already, still use on LO1.

Hospital bag, this is what I have down so far to pack
    Baby:
    Boppy
    Couple sleepers
    going home outfit
    booties/socks
    headband for going home outfit
    blanket for going home
    Me:
    toiletries
    phone charger
    real camera
    hair dryer
    glasses
    clothes
    pjs
    nursing tanks
    nursing bra
    socks/shoes
    fan (I sleep with it on)
    dollars (for vending machine, just in case)

We packed a lot more last time and didn't use most of it. DH has to make his own list and pack.

7. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Ahh... We are talking about hospital bags already?!

I way overpacked last time, but I prefer it that way; I rather have something than not! And I had a scheduled induction so I wasn't in a rush to do anything. I think I'll def pack less stuff this time. I didn't even bother with showering last time haha! And my hospital gives me sooo much stuff!

I think the difference this time will be I'll be armed with more nursing/pumping stuff now that I know what needs to happen. I'm pretty sure DD1 just lived in the hospital shirt/swaddle till we left... I do remember wanting to be in my own clothes after birth to feel more human.

I'm making DH go home to sleep w/ DD post birth so he won't need much either....

8. snowjewelz

I just sent off my registry to my sister who insisted on throwing a shower... This is the list I have.... And a lot of things DD1 still uses too!

A bunch of lotions/body wash stuff
    Hand sanitizers (foam pump & wipes)
    Diapers in NB and size 1
    Wipes galore
    Diaper genie liners
    Diaper creams
    Baby powder
    Woombie/Love to dream Swaddle (didn't have these last time)
    Pacifiers
    Hands free pumping bra (I made do with 1 last time but it would be so nice to have 2 to rotate washing!)
    Nipple cream

9. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Pacifiers! Can't believe I forgot to register for any!

I also got the prescription for my breast pump at my last appointment so need to look into how to actually order it. I called earlier in pregnancy to find out but of course didn't write any of it down and I literally can't remember at all.

10. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Should be easy! Just find out what medical suppliers work with your insurance. I think both times I just submitted an order online and it shipped.

DD never liked the avent soothies that are popular... She is a MAM fan! And I like the MAM ones b/c they have glow in the dark ones... Very useful!!

11. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: My LO never took pacificier. Well that isn't true, my boobs were her pacifiers. Hoping to avoid that this time.
    I need to call about the breast pump too. I got a prescription for it. I need to look for it this weekend, I threw the whole bag of samples and papers the OB gave me last time in the room. Will be nice to leave one at work and then have one at home (from LO1) as a back up.

12. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: Hopeless on names and any decision making. My DH and I are better at throwing names on the table and addng and taking off our list, but definitely no faves.

@snowjewelz: That's so cool those names that you have had and how you have stuck loving them....I'm envious!!

Our two kids are C names and we are adamant about breaking the C's with no C or K names, but C names keep being ones we mention and like. Clara is one that is up there right now.....but ugh! Sounds excessively matchy, lol.

@Smurfette: I've started to think about what we need at home instead of taking for granted we have everything already! Newborn dipes? lol.

@Chillybear: As if we are talking about hospital bags already, weren't we all just peeing on sticks yesterday? Eeek!

I have ordered my pump, had to order from US Amazon and Canadian one was unavail. Even with exchange, shipping and import "fees" it's $100 less than here, and still much less than the Medela. I am not sure how thrilled insurance will be with the claim, but we will see how it goes. I ordered the kids new cool mist humidifiers too.

I feel like my hobby this pregnancy has been bloodwork. Just had to go again for blood to again rule out fifths disease. My DDs school had postings up at school for confirmed fifths, then my DD came down with fever on the weekend and now has strep A and Scarlett Fever apparently! Hospital trip Sunday night with DH, I stayed home w her yesterday, DH today and took her to our fam doc, ugh! That's stressing me a bit...but just taking things moment by moment.

We just got confirmation that our basement bedroom finishing won't start until January (which we knew, but were hopeful he would bump ahead for us) so kids are staying put where they are, new babes will have her nursery done once she is already here, aw well! We'll have her in our room those early days anyways.

13. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

These two pages I had on my phone as I took a pic from my birthing class book from 2012. LOLing at my "out of date" comment/note on the one thing there, but if that can be of any help to anyone, thought I would share

14. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: @Smurfette: Mine never took a paci either! I'm definitely not buying any this time--last time a had a million sitting around (they're all lost, of course). It was so annoying at the time but I was super grateful never to paci wean!

@sunnyday: Three c's would be (c)ute! I also ordered my pump through Amazon and just after the return period found out that my insurance is finally getting its act together and providing them for the first time in 2017. Dang it! Also...I can't believe they recommend bringing a RAZOR to the hospital!! I don't remember having the desire to shave my legs, ha!

15. Smurfette

@sunnyday: Ha! All I need/needed during labor was the epidural. My water broke, so I didn't even walk around the hospital at all, cause it was a constant drip the whole time. Funny, it says underpants, pads, wipes, and diapers. The hospital provides that all here. I definitely didn't need 3 nightgowns.
    Hope your daughter feels better! And you don't have it. See I would have to do a C name. I wouldn't want #3 to feel left out by not having a C name.

16. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Hooray! According to the lab results I officially passed the 1 hour test somehow! So relieved!

17. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Yay! Time for ice cream!

18. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Hahaha, so, I went to the grocery store (actually was in the parking lot when I got the call that I passed) and Ben and Jerry's was on sale!!! You know I got some to eat while watching election results. The past few days though I have been more conscious of eating less carbs/sugar and more protein/veggies/healthy fats just in case I did fail, and I have found myself feeling better in general. More energy, etc. So I think I'm going to keep that up regardless...but now without agonizing over the occasional treat.

19. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I need to eat more veggies. They just don't taste good to me at all.

20. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@snowjewelz: ah I'm jealous on the names! we struggled so much with our first daughter, and now we need to come up with another girl name!
    @Smurfette: lotion! my daughter had SUCH dry skin when she was tiny, which is pretty common!
    @IRunForFun: I also just submitted an order online last pregnancy! I remember it being shockingly easy. I have ordering a new one on my to do list in the next few weeks
    @sunnyday: haha, your list reminds me to pack my track suit!

It will still be awhile before I pack a hospital bag! I'm 28 weeks this week, so I probably won't pack anything until 38 weeks this time. I think I had everything ready around 36 weeks last time and then my daughter was a week overdue! I still have done SO LITTLE for this new baby. Sorry baby #2! We have a few little things we need for the nursery and I need to sort through all of the clothes, but otherwise, I think we are pretty well set for right now.

21. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: yay!!

@Smurfette: sigh all I eat now are veggies and protein!

22. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: Could you sell yours, get some $$ and then do the insurance thing?! Maybe that's the scammer in me

@Smurfette: I haven't walked around at all my two times, so so call bs on that stuff, haha....I can't even imagine, lol. I did have Group B strep both times so had to be on a drip for that, too. My hospital (who runs the course and makes the list.....) provides all that stuff too, so yah....not sure why this list is what it is! And funny on the "left out" comment. A friend down the street has three boys, all B names, and I texted her last week asking if it was intentional, as we seem to like C/K sounding names. She said it wasn't for the first two (same for us!) but when #3 came along her DH didn't want him to feel left out....but I don't *really* know if I can factor that one, lol.

@IRunForFun: Hooray!! Enjoy the ice cream!! I avoiding anything election related, even up here it's impossible! I have stayed off social media as much as possible too, just blah...don't want to hear it! I'll be fine once it's results and not all talk and speculation.

@madger: The fact this one won't even have a room by the time she arrives feels so terrible and so not me....but whatever....not wrecking the other two's normal, so I will deal. But it just seems so funny how much of my attention the nursery had for #1 and it really has been very downhill as each kid has come along

23. Smurfette

@madger: I won't pack till like 36 weeks. But I was bored one night and made a list. But I love lists. I can't believe I am 31 weeks tomorrow. It will be time to pack our bags before we know it.

24. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Eek hospital bags already! I probably won't pack one till 35 or 36 weeks. I'm mostly planning on packing comfy, nursing-friendly clothes to wear afterward, slippers or fuzzy socks, toiletries (just basic ones - makeup and razors not needed!), electronics and their chargers (iPad, phone, camera), snacks, and for baby a going home outfit and hat/mittens since it'll be winter in upstate NY! I don't plan to bring my pump since I won't expect to pump unless baby goes to NICU, in which case I'd just rent a hospital grade one. I probably won't bring my own boppy or pillow because I'm weird about germs and bringing stuff into the hospital, even if it can be washed.

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: The best way I've found to get enough veggies in is a big salad with lots of other yummy toppings and a delicious dressing. Still probably not the healthiest but at least I'm getting in the nutrients of the veggies!!

26. Smurfette

I am measuring right on track and baby sounded great this morning. I start going every two weeks now. I scheduled my next two appointments and she told me the 2nd one will be my first cervical exam. I will only be 35 weeks but whatever, I want to know if she is breech or not. They won't check before then. She did tell me that my 5 hour car trip on Thanksgiving isn't idea. Will be 33.5 weeks. That I can go but she would rather I didn't. So DH and I have to talk tonight.

27. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: Glad to hear about the appointment.

My next appointment is next week. I have plans to fly 3 hours for Thanksgiving as well. I hope I don't hear not to do so either.

28. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Glad you had a good appointment!! Does/will your OB ever feel your belly to try to tell what position baby is in? My midwife did that at my last appointment but it kind of hurt and I don't even know if she was right because what she described (transverse kind of folded in half) would make no sense based on where I feel movement. I'm guessing a cervical check would be so they could feel for a head?

29. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: nope. She said she doesn't care at this point really cause the baby can still move. So they would rather just not "freak out" Moms for no reason. Yeah she can tell during the cervical check for the head. Guessing if they don't they would do an ultrasound to confirm her position. My office does a check at 35/36 weeks and then not again till 39 weeks. I think the first is partial cause you are already naked to do the GBS swap.

30. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

In my Canadian Jan 2017 group, first baby born....32+3. 3.5 lbs, on a respirator but doing okay. Eeeeek.

31. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Awww, I hope baby will grow stronger soon

32. Smurfette

@sunnyday: aww! That scares me. I hope that baby fights!

33. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Wow!! Glad to hear baby is doing OK, though. Hope it continues to go well!

34. Smurfette

My parents came and helped moved the guest room and office stuff down to the basement on Sat. We got the crib set up and the glider moved in there. So the furniture is all set up. Really weird seeing a crib in the house again, especially at the highest setting. The room is a huge mess though. I went through clothes yesterday. I got sad thinking about how little LO was and how big she is now. She was trying out all the pacifiers (which she never took) it was pretty funny. My plan for this week is laundry and more laundry. Then we are going to hang up the wall decor this weekend. I really want it down by Thanksgiving. We scored a used swing for $15 off a resale group, so I was pumped about that. If she hates the swing like LO1 did (we had a low hand me down one) then we aren't really out anything cause I know that I can resell it.

I forgot how adorable and little newborn socks are!

35. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: All the teeny baby clothes are blowing my mind in comparison to our big kids! So cute. Sounds like you've made a ton of progress!

36. Smurfette

@babypugs: I forgot how much crap you need for a baby. The laundry pile is huge (newborn and 3 month clothes, I have a ton of summer 3 month) and that isn't the gear (bouncer, swing, RnP) that I have to wash. But I feel 100x better that we have a start on stuff now.

37. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Wow, so much progress! I had my shower this weekend so we have a bunch of stuff in boxes and bags shoved in the nursery. We had bought a used dresser/changing table combo a while back and DH sanded and primed it yesterday so now I can paint it. After that's all done we can move that in and set up the crib. I'm a little more lax with my timeline though - I just want the nursery done by Christmas. The shower was really nice and a lot of fun!

I have a scan on Wednesday and I'm really hoping to learn this baby decided to go head down.

38. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I am being paranoid that she could come early and be born on Christmas. So I want everything done so I can take it easy as much as possible in December.

Did you get a lot at your shower? Stuff you registered for? Fingers crossed baby is heads down. But if not I wouldn't worry too much. My doctor isn't concerned at all about it and won't even check yet.

39. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: There's totally time!

Man, I've been totally horrible with the GD. I'm eating well but I barely check my blood sugar b/c I'm so busy with the toddler and at work that I just don't remember to... AND I never made an appt with the diabetic counselor... My OB is totally going to yell at me this week Sorry baby #2, mommy is sooo not on top of anything this time around!

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Well, we got a bunch of stuff as hand-me-downs from my sister so we already had a bouncer, a rock n play, a changing pad, a bunch of clothes and swaddles, bottles, etc. My parents did buy the crib off our registry, and from the shower we also got a swing, our stroller, diaper pail and liner, and some of the smaller stuff like a boppy, a Moby wrap, a baby bath seat, shampoo and lotion and diaper cream, wipes, onesies, socks, bibs, etc. It looks like the bigger things we will still need to buy are our car seat and a video monitor but we got a couple gift cards to put toward that.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee