Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: Sounds like you got a lot. We need a car seat, but our neighbor told us we can have the one they used for their son. They only used it for like 9 months. She said I mean it is blue. I don't care if it is blue and will save me $$. We have to buy a video monitor too. I saw the Target black friday add is supposed to have a Motorola one for $130, so we are going to look into getting that one.

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Just found out we won't need to buy the car seat because my sister has one seat and two bases (no car accidents and don't expire till 2018) that are compatible with our stroller. Yay! I love hand me downs.

3. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Definitely, who cares about the color when it's only going to be used for such a short time!!

4. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Right? The only ackward part is she mentioned it over the summer, so I don't know how to bring it up again. I feel weird saying hey can I get that car seat, bases, and frame stroller? Maybe I will have DH text the husband since they are closer then her and I are.

5. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I think you could totally have your husband casually ask, just say something like "Hey so-and-so mentioned a while back she had a car seat/stroller to pass on, is that still available?"

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

How is everyone doing?

I had a scan at MFM this morning - 30 weeks, 3 days. Baby was head down and so I'm hoping it stays that way from here on out! The tech scared me a little at the beginning of the scan though because she said the heart rate was in the low 120s (it's usually between 145 and 160) and that she needed to be seeing "more movement." Seems like baby was just sleeping though, because after some prodding it started moving around, and when she measured the HR again at the end, it was 157. The MFM doc reviewed the scan and said everything looked great. Baby is measuring exactly 3 pounds.

7. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

I have my 32 week appt tomorrow night.

My coworker (who sits next to me with a 1/2 cubicle wall between us) was diagnosed with C. Diff 2 days ago and hasnt been in work. While there are minimal risks to baby, it would not be pleasant if i were to catch it. So i'm washing my hands like crazy and the janitorial staff cleaned her desk and all the common areas.

8. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Was supposed to go to OB today but got stuck in a work mtg. Have another scan on Friday. Like I said before, I've been SO terrible with testing my blood sugar and never made an appt with the diabetic counselor But I know I'm eating right, so it's probably just my fasting # that I need to really check to see if I need meds or not...

Otherwise, I just feel huge and uncomfortable! I cannot wait to give birth, lol.

9. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Chillybear: Oh man! Hopefully they also disinfected the bathroom really well or you're using a different one? Hope you avoid catching it!

@snowjewelz: It must be really hard to juggle all the appts with work and a toddler. I can barely keep mine straight when I don't work regular hours or have a kid! Hopefully your sugar levels are all good though!

10. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I know... Work is so busy too.. I told my OB already that I cannot go to her every 2 weeks, go to the hospital which is further every 4 weeks, and now make yet another appt at the hospital for GD. I have been meaning to call and see if they can do a phone appt, since they really just want to know my #s anyway...

Yay for baby being head down! I feel like once they move there's not much space to move back anyway? Haha!

11. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

Had a 31 week appointment yesterday. Everything is going great and I will be seen again on Dec 20. Just need to spend time making sure that everything is ready for the baby.

Thankfully, Christmas shopping is done. I have even done some wrapping.

12. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: You are on top of things!

The good thing is we are not huge gift exchanges with both our families, so not too much pressure. And Amazon Prime will come in handy, haha!

13. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Haha I actually asked the doctor if there was anything I could do to prevent the baby from flipping back to breech, or anything to avoid, and he was like no, the head is the heaviest part of the body so it's unlikely baby will go against gravity and flip back. But it definitely happens - I've heard of people having babies flip breech after 35 weeks and for some reason I'm really paranoid about it!

@Mrs. Toad: Wow, done Christmas shopping? I haven't started. I'm mainly doing edible/homemade gifts this year though since we are on a tight budget, so it shouldn't be too bad...

14. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: @snowjewelz: We only exchange gifts with nieces and nephew. We will see them at Thanksgiving, so we have to be done now. We are also only getting three gifts for our son. Having a very short list makes it much easier.

15. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: yay!! Stay down baby!
    @Chillybear: stay healthy!
    @snowjewelz: what did your doctor say about scheduling the appointments?
    @Mrs. Toad: I am 75% done. I made sure to get DHs family done and I am wrapping this weekend so we can take next weekend. Glad that we don't have pay to pay to ship everything since I got it done early. We have 15 kids to buy for, not including LO! Plus parents, siblings, grandma, teachers, etc.
    @IRunForFun: my friends baby flipped to breech at 35/36 weeks. So crazy.

16. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Well I never made it to my OB appt.. I'm gonna try to call today about making an over the phone appt with diabetic counseling. With that said, I need to actually be testing first...

17. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Hi ladies, checking in a hello

Christmas shopping! Eeee! I made my list yesterday, I have started already and been buying a bit, but for some on our list not really committed to what I was getting. Set on it yesterday and time to get going on it if I want to be done by December 1! I am as per usual stuck on ILs. Have to get something I can ship direct to them, or won't cost a zillion dollars to mail if I get it here and send to them.

I am 33+1, have a baby doc appt today and am looking forward to it.

My DD had strep A last week, home for 3 days, and now my DS has a variation of it. I have my last event (for 3000 people or so) before going off work for mat leave this weekend, so it's been tough juggling life. I am doing okay, but looking forward to end of day Saturday and really starting to transition away from work (less than two weeks!)

18. madger

cherry / 178 posts

Zero Christmas gifts have been purchased! I have no idea what I'm going to get our 2 year old. She has so many toys (and I know she will be receiving a lot from grandparents, so I don't feel like I need to get her a ton). Other than that we just buy for immediate family.
    @sunnyday: hope your family is on the mend soon!
    @IRunForFun: my chiropractor yesterday told me to spend 5 minutes every evening just hanging out on my hands and knees letting my belly hang and that this should help encourage them to stay where they are!
    @snowjewelz: ugh, it's hard enough with a non eventful pregnancy, work, and a toddler, so I can't imagine dealing with all of those extra appointments!

Not much to report on my end! Still feeling pretty good. I am running a half marathon on Saturday and then I'll start dialing back my distance from there. I think chiropractor and yoga has helped keep my hips and back happy these past few weeks too! My family is coming here this weekend for an early thanksgiving (my parents are in KS and my brother in LA) and then next week we are driving up to NH to see my husband's grandparents. the holiday season is just going to breeze by!!

19. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@madger: I hope your half goes great, I really can't wait to hear about it, I will be living through you that's for sure! I will probably walk that at my event Saturday and will not be feeling too hot after!!

Baby doc appt good, talked about labour a bit, I was 184.8lbs (up 36lbs) and measuring behind at 31w or so which is normal for me. I go back again on the 30th at 35w on the nose.

Celexa is treating me okay, and I am doing okay.....8 days left of work!! Got a flu shot, tetanus/whooping cough vaccine, and then had yet another blood draw as the last prenatal one I did one part of it results didn't come through (??) so yah...lots of pricks in the arms today.

20. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Oh man, sorry about the sick kiddos! I hope you manage to stay healthy. Glad Celexa is working for you. When I saw MFM and midwife yesterday we talked about my Lexapro and how I won't go off of it before delivery, which another midwife had suggested. Phew, I'm relieved, because I really didn't want to go off. I have to get my TDAP shot at my next appointment, thankfully already got my flu shot and last round of prenatal blood work.

@madger: Can't believe you're running a half at this point! So impressive! That's good advice from your chiro. Sometimes I go to hands and knees or go on my knees and drape myself over the arm of the couch just to get some relief if I have back pain.

I just did an inventory of all the clothes stuff we got as hand-me-downs. We have tons of plain white onesies, sleep sacks, swaddles, baby hats, etc. I will need to buy more cotton and fleece sleepers in the 0 to 3 month and 3 to 6 month sizes and then someone is giving me a bunch of stuff starting in the 9 month range.

For the nursery I still need to buy a video monitor, a couple crib sheets, and some blinds and blackout curtains. We also need a bookshelf in there (instead of cards at my shower everyone brought a book they inscribed), but I think we have one in the basement we can paint.

Random other stuff I need to get includes a boppy cover, breastmilk storage bags, and a stroller organizer.

I am starting to feel very overwhelmed by all there is to get and do!! Anyone else?

21. Smurfette

@sunnyday: hope your house feels better soon!
    @madger: seriously impressed you are still running. I can't imagine. I worked my whole pregnancy with LO, but no gym membership with this one.
    @IRunForFun: we have no white onesies but I didn't use them last time either. Doesn't sound like you need to buy too much which is nice. I am feeling overwhelmed about all to do, not the baby stuff but other areas of the house we need to organize now we have the basement done. Then Christmas shopping and all the wrapping I have to do. DH doesn't wrap, and I love it.

I have started doing laundry and I keep forgetting to use the free and clear detergent, so I have to wash it again. Also I am not eating much these days and still feeling so full. Maybe my weight gain will finally slow down!

22. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I hate wrapping gifts!! Luckily this year I'm doing edible stuff so I think I can get away with just getting some cute tins or boxes.

I am feeling similarly with being really full all the time. I'm finding I'm super hungry in the morning and early afternoon and then after about 2 pm if I eat much of anything I'm uncomfortable the whole rest of the night.

23. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I'm the opposite. Hungry at night but during the day can't eat much

24. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: nice on inventory, I can't believe I am saying this, but I think we need baby socks!! Buuut I think that's it!

I find if I want to get good food in, I have to do it early in the day. Anytime mid afternoon on, I am unreliable for appetite and just feeling gross full and can't be bothered to eat! Making cooking for everyone hard! I find I am back addicted to frozen food at night like I was late in my last pregnancy.....frozen peas, frozen fruit. I think I just like the chew and the cold....weirdo!!

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: I'm the exact same way with having to eat earlier in the day. I'm on a fruit kick too - not necessarily frozen, but loving melon, pineapple, berries, etc with breakfast and as snacks.

@madger: How'd the half marathon go?

Just wanted to check in and say hi! How'd everyone's weekends go? We had some crazy weather. It was 60s and sunny on Saturday and then Sunday we woke up to 5+ inches of snow. It's been super cold since.

We got some good baby prep done though. Finished painting the changing table/dresser (such a pain, it took primer and 3 coats of paint), and I stripped, washed, and prepped the cloth diaper stash. I also got some more hand-me-downs from my sister, so now I have a car seat + 2 bases, crib sheets, lots of disposable diapers in newborn and size 1 (for the very beginning and when we are out and about), and burp cloths. I snagged some Carter's sleep and plays in 3 month size at Target on the last day of their BOGO 50% sale.

I'm looking out for some Black Friday and Cyber Monday baby deals, especially a video monitor. Anyone else?

Also we need some bump shots!! This is 30 weeks at my shower. I am 31 weeks now.

26. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@IRunForFun: the half was great! it was a beautiful day for running and I felt strong throughout. it was awesome to have my brother and parents there for the weekend as well.

I'm hoping for some black friday deals too to help fill in a few of the gaps we have (a new glider, a rnp, and a new bouncer are the "big" items).

We had family pictures done last week and the photographer convinced me to do a few "maternity" shots, so here is my bump contribution!

27. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: productive weekend!
    @IRunForFun: @madger: you both look great!

I got a lot done in the nursery this weekend. Super happy with how it is looking right now. I got things organized and put away. She has WAY too many clothes. I need to tell family NO newborn clothes for Christmas. DH is going to hang up the art/decor tomorrow. Then I just need to get a crib skirt, rug, couple knick knacks, and a light for the nightstand. Oh a monitor and changing pad would help too! We picked up the ottoman this weekend, and I will say DH was right, it is going to be so much better having it with the glider this time. Next on my list is making room in the kitchen for the bottles. But I am feeling good about everything.

I didn't think I overdid it this weekend but I was hurting really bad last night in my legs and hips. Reflux is getting worse. Not looking forward to the drive this weekend, at all. Someone at work asked me today how much longer, and it is crazy to think 8 weeks max(OB won't let me go past 41 weeks)!

28. Smurfette

OB said she thinks baby is heads down cause she could tell that her heart was right over the dopler. Fingers crossed she is right. Find out in two weeks. I went ahead and made all my weekly appointments for Dec. so crazy. Didn't we just take our tests?!!

29. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: @Smurfette: @sunnyday: Haha, am I the only one still starving all the time?? I got a lecture yesterday for gaining six pounds in two weeks. Oops!

@IRunForFun: @madger: You both look great, so stylish!

Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday, everyone! Hope you guys score big on the baby shopping.

30. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh I hope baby went head down!!! I also have a drive I'm not looking forward to this weekend. Just 3.5 hours but at this point I have to pee every 30 mins so there will be a lot of stopping. MIL is already trying to convince us to make the same trip for Christmas but I'll be 36.5 weeks and am going to tell her the midwife says no (even if the midwife says it's fine.)

@babypugs: I am super hungry during the day, it's just late afternoon and on that I can't fit much in!

Happy Thanksgiving!

31. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: oh no way I would make that drive at 36.5 weeks. My OB says I have to be within an hour of the hospital by 35 weeks.

32. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: How was the drive? We just had to go an hour but I was grateful when my LO needed a potty break!

So I finally caught up with most of you guys and dragged all the clothes and toys out of the attic and spent the weekend washing, folding, and organizing (+ decorating!). I think nesting may have started aghhhhh!

33. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Hope you all (American!) ladies had great Thanksgiving weekends!

I took some crazy pills this morning (kidding) and took my kids and dog to a Christmas tree farm for an attempt at a photo shoot for Grandparent gifts and Christmas card. I definitely met my expectations, and ripped my fave non-preggo pants squatting to take said pictures. Serves me right for being up 40lbs and squeezing into them

I can't believe 35w this week. Heartburn like crazy tonight.

34. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

haha

35. Smurfette

@babypugs: @IRunForFun: We did 12 hours total between Fri and Sat. I was glad we got home last night and had the day to relax. I am sore. I did make room in the kitchen for bottles. I am off work tomorrow, so I am looking forward to relaxing after my appointments and errands.
    @sunnyday: ha! I'm impressed you even attempted to put on regular pants.

36. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Oh my gosh, hilarious! Hope you are least got some cute pictures out of it.

@Smurfette: You are a champ.

37. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: Well, it was just 3.5 hours each way, with a day in between, but I am glad that it's hopefully the last "long" drive we will make before baby. I couldn't get very comfortable and had to stop to pee 3x each way.

@sunnyday: Ha! I have pants with a hole in that spot too, but they're PJ pants. I can't believe you're still getting into non-maternity pants!

@Smurfette: 12 hours!?!? You must be soooo glad that's done.

I have an appt in the morning and I'm glad b/c I've been having a lot of belly and pelvic discomfort and pressure and near constant BH's since Friday. I think I also have another (or the same recurrent yeast infection. Maybe that's causing some of the discomfort? Either way I'll be glad to get checked out for peace of mind.

38. Smurfette

@babypugs: @IRunForFun: it was 5 hours each way, that includes a stop for food and bathroom break. Then we had to go an hour each way to another family's house on Friday night. I didn't even want to get in the car today today to go grocery shopping. Glad that my family is only 45 mins so we can do that for Christmas no problem.
    @IRunForFun: have you been drinking a lot of water? I know I am bad about drinking enough on weekends/not at my desk at work. Hope it is nothing! Let us know how your appointment goes.

39. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Thanks! Appointment went pretty well. She confirmed just by feeling my belly that baby is still head down and said the increased pressure is probably just from that. I do have a recurrent yeast infection so she told me to cut back on sugar ( ), make sure I'm taking a probiotic, and she gave me some other tips on how to try to treat it naturally. She did also call in a stronger cream but said I should be doing the other stuff to prevent it coming back. I hope it works because it's super annoying!!

Can't believe I'm on bi-weekly appts now! I do have another scan at MFM next week and they'll check growth; belly was measuring 30 cm today and I'm 32 weeks but the midwife didn't seem worried.

I think I also gained more weight this week than I did any other week of my pregnancy - thanks Thanksgiving!!

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

For 2nd time moms, or those that already ordered their breast pump...I just ordered the Medela In Style Advanced through insurance. It looks like maybe it doesn't come with anything but two collection bottles. Has anyone gotten this and can confirm what it does/doesn't come with? Will I need to buy tubing, etc?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee