Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@sunnyday: hope things pick up!
    @babypugs: I am hoping it is another case of the Atl news making a big deal of nothing. LO will be so bummed if she doesn't have gymnastics again this Saturday. Things are good here. I feel way better after showering. Pedi said baby looks great. Small lip tie that we will watch and have to watch her jaundice levels but so far she is good.

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Eek!! Hope it picks back up for you! Maybe the baby being wild is a sign.

3. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: @Smurfette: my biological father lives outside of Atl (Pendergass) and his snow stories there are hilarious. He grew up here with boatloads of snow, so to see GA shut down, it's kind of crazy! I haven't been down in years, best thunderstorms ever there though!!!

Stopped timing contractions, until they get more annoying or consistent, figured there's no point tracking.

4. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@sunnyday: haha zoo would prob put you in real labor!

5. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

Midwife appointment today. Bump is measuring 4 weeks behind so she suggested growth ultrasound. She wasn't too worried though since I had the same issue with my first and it was just the way I was carrying .ultrasound next Thursday hoping everything is okay .

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: How many weeks are you now? Hope it's just how you carry...I'm sure it is! Will be thinking of you.

7. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: you are right!! Anytime I'm standing they really amp up.

Losing plug now.....eeeek!

8. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: That snowstorm that completely shut down traffic a couple years ago was insane. I mean, not the snow, just the traffic! I remember that first shower from last time...ahhhh, so nice!

@sunnyday: I think I had my bloody show this am too! Just one big glob of blood in the toilet. Interestingly, I've had less contractions today than I have in the past couple of months. Bodies are weird. Sounds like it's about go time for you!

9. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: I will be 37 weeks on Saturday and I'm measuring just about 33. I've been consistently 2-3 weeks behind, but my midwife said since I'm just about early term now they'd consider inducing if they thought she'd grow better on the outside.

Since this happened last pregnancy too I considered declining the ultrasound (especially since my midwife was very its your decision !) but I figured if there was an issue id act on it so even though it's likely nothing I'd rather peace of mind.

10. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: @babypugs: eek! Maybe 2 more babies are on the way!! Did you guys lose your mucus plugs last time? Did it coincide with labour starting ? I never actually noticed mine with dd1.

11. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Peasinapod: It sounds like you are in good hands and it sounds totally normal, but glad you will be able to have reassurance next week!

I don't think I ever had a bloody show last time, but I'm not sure! I'm still not letting myself get too excited since random people online are all "la la, I lost mine three weeks ago and still haven't gone into labor!".

12. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Smurfette: how did the introduction go? How much older is your other lo? Honestly the logistics around my first are what is stressing me out the most !

13. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@Peasinapod: yes times 100000! the logistics around our daughter is the number one thing stressing me out right now about labor. we live very far from family, so we have a whole tree of friends that are going to be helping out, which I am eternally grateful for.

14. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: I lost mine with my first two about 36 hours of each of their arrival times!

15. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@madger: we have my parents pretty close so they'll be coming to stay with her. But I still worry that something will come up and they won't be able to. I've also never left her with anyone other than daycare before. She's super attached to me.... So I just hope it all doesn't stress her out! I tried to convince my husband to stay with her.... Apparently he wants to witness the birth of his second child

16. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Sounds like progress!!

@babypugs: Eeek! Sounds like things could get started soon!! Hopefully it isn't just residual blood from getting checked? I've been losing pieces of my plug for over a week, but nothing bloody. I feel like blood is usually a better indicator of something happening!

@Peasinapod: I'm measuring 2 to 3 weeks behind belly-wise but have been having regular scans anyway, so they've been able to monitor growth. I do have a small baby (measuring 15th percentile, dropped off from 25th) and they'll measure again Wednesday. Same deal, they would induce if they think growth would be better on the outside. I'd rather not induce, of course. Fingers crossed for us both!!

17. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@madger: @Peasinapod: I have no idea what we will do with my son. We have no close family nearby (some extended are nearby, but not family that he would know), and not many friends either.

@sunnyday: @babypugs: Good luck, maybe you'll have those babies soon.

Had my 38 week appointment today. Other than measuring a bit behind (37), no issues. I have had no signs or symptoms of labor, so I figure I will be waiting for a while. My first was an induction after a small water leak at 40+1. Good thing is that it is head down and I am not GBS+. I tried to get them to let me stay home from work, but with no medical reason, they won't give me medical leave until my next appointment, closer to 40 weeks.

18. Smurfette

@Peasinapod: @babypugs: it went ok. DH went and got her. I think she was overwhelmed cause the grandparents were in the room as well. So DH took her out, they went in the hall,and she came back in. She didn't like the bed I was in. So I would advise to sit in a chair or something. DH sat down and held the baby and then she wanted to check her out. She wouldn't hold her but she did seem excited about her. Loved her little toes and ears. She will be 4 in March.

19. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Fast and furious.

Arrived at hospital with my legs crossed at 10:20pm last night, I was an 8!!! Waited for doc, nurses got me into the gas to distract from wanting to push as we were waiting on doc! Water broke in water balloon like explosion mess over many and 11pm on the nose Bronwyn Patricia arrived!! 40+1. 8lbs 12oz. I had a lot of bleeding after and was in some pretty crazy shock. Woweee on hownit all went down, she's as cutie and DH and I are pretty pumped!!

20. Smurfette

@sunnyday: woah! Getting there and being 8 already. Congrats!!!!!

21. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: Congratulations, what a big girl!!

22. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: I was in total disbelief!! It was pretty awesome news!

@Mrs. Toad: she's my smallest!! And earliest, so maybe that's why. Awesome size though, loving the snuggles.

23. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@sunnyday: holy moly!!! congratulations speedy!!

24. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Congrats! @Smurfette: and @sunnyday: !!! My little guy arrived this morning at 4:24 9lbs 1oz William Thomas. Labor and delivery went a lot faster and smoother this time around

25. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Chillybear: @sunnyday: ack congratulations!!! The babies are just pouring in now!!!

26. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Oh my gosh, fast and furious indeed! Congratulations, what an adventure!

@Chillybear: Congratulations to you as well! He is absolutely precious.

Literally, a big baby boom!

27. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Chillybear: Congratulations!!

28. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: @Chillybear: Congratulations mamas!!! Enjoy the new baby snuggles!!!

29. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: @Chillybear: congratulations!!! Alright when I can get on a computer later I gotta start a new thread to talk about these babies! It's hard to type with one hand while nursing lol

30. Smurfette

@Chillybear: congrats! Such a classic name! Big boy! Enjoy the snuggles.

31. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Chillybear: congrats!!! Hope you are both doing well!!

I need OUT of this hospital, hopefully this am.

32. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Are you free?

I am surprised but happy to still be pregnant. It's weird that this is the most pregnant I've ever been! Now I'm hoping to actually make my due date.

33. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: thankfully yes. Mid afternoon yesterday. Have to go back today for another bilirubin blood draw but so so so nice to be here overnight! We didn't do too bad overnight, I feel rested today.

My older two are insane, like on her like glue obsessed with her, it's so cute. Trying hard to set fair, safe boundaries and let them all adjust to each other!

DH is staying home mon and tues at least, maybe Weds, then my Mom and a few neighbour Moms have offered to help with school dropoff/pick up for DD, I should be okay for DS drop offs. Of course it's like -20 here with windchill this week!

I think my milk is in, not quite full force, but definitely full! Nursing is going ok so far, I'm not sure how to get her on deeper sometimes latchwkse, so sometimes the first few mins on are wiggly, getting adjusted.

Basement guys started Friday, basement is framed! Looks so good! That is probably the worst job noisewise with all the cutting so I am glad we weren't here!

34. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: I don't know how you do 3! I'm really struggling with 2! I think postpartum hormones are still raging... I flip flop between feeling fine one day and feeling like a total failure the next! My girl doesn't have a great latch still either... I prob need to go back to the LC!

@Chillybear: Home yet? Hope everything is going well!

@Smurfette: DD1 doesn't really want to hold baby sister either... And is probably more often jealous than happy about her. But I guess she's only 2 so it's to be expected! How are you doing?

New week, new babies!!

35. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@snowjewelz: thanks for checking in! We just got home about 15 min ago. So good to be back on my comfy couch. My dog is equal part excited, confused and curious all while looking for my older LO who spending the day with my mom

36. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I can't imagine being solo with three kids!
    @snowjewelz: @sunnyday: the latch is so hard. Her mouth is so tiny, hard to get her to open up wide enough, but it is going well. My milk was in before we left the hospital! Way faster this time.
    @snowjewelz: LO1 is now obsessed with baby sister. Wants to help with everything. Only will hold her like once a day for 30 secs but loves on her all day. She told me she needed a headband for the day, ha!
    @Chillybear: enjoy your first day at home!

37. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: hormones are going here, I've had some solid teary moments and DH has been my total rock and balance through those moments. Thank goodness. Perspective is a great thing, but also allowing the feelings to happen is great, too.

I haven't seen an LC yet, nurses were very "you know what you're doing" at the hospital, I made sure to have them watch her latch and they said all was good, but something doesn't feel 100%, so I just need to make sure I stay on top of it.

@Chillybear: welcome home!!!

38. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: I can't either, Thursday is the day, lol. I still can't even imagine us plus three kids in the van together!!!

39. Smurfette

We had a rough night last night. I finally got her to sleep after being wide eyed for hours but only sleeping on DH. Not used to 3.5 hours of sleep. So tired!

40. snowjewelz

@Chillybear: My dog was so over it. She was probably like, another one?! I think she took one sniff and went back to bed! I am also constantly making "play dates" for DD1 with my family mostly outside the house

@Smurfette: Aww that is sweet! Mine likes to help too and she likes rubbing baby's head?! lol. Yeah, I feel like I just have a lazy kid who doesn't want to open wide haha. We have an appt for her tomorrow.. If she is gaining well I might just not got to the LC again just yet. Your milk came in fast! Both times I had to wait till a day after I get home. And yep mine def has blocks of like 3 hrs where she wants or nurse non stop or just won't close her eyes! I don't know how I'm surviving with no sleep but I rarely get to nap!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee