Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@sunnyday: I do feel like you know what you are doing or when something is a cause for concern after the first rodeo! Since DD2 was in NICU and I told them I know what to do so they just wheeled the pump in and left me alone haha

2. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Just leaving hospital, back again tomorrow, someone is a little too yellow! Almost back at birth weight, have to feed every 2 hours now until tomorrow appt.

Feeling down, I guess she is feeding good, given gains in weight but sad she's needing to go back again.

3. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: aw hope they take care of that asap!

4. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Can't wait to join all you ladies in the trenches! ( I think ) Hanging out here at 38 weeks. Still having lots of BHs and some painful contractions. Started to be terrified of labor. Ho hum.

5. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: awe I'm sorry you're dealing with jaundice. My first was slightly jaundice but they ended up letting us leave and my doctor didn't check at her appointment so I was very paranoid something was being missed.

6. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm still pregnant and I feel like my hormones are raging! I think it's a combo of not sleeping well and physically not feeling great. But Saturday I had a few crying fits which is very out of character for me!

7. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: I'll be 38 weeks Saturday and for some reason I feel I won't go much past that... I keep making 'tentative' plans. I really need to change my mindset or I'm going to feel dissappointed if she comes late! I think for me part of the issue is my maternity leave starts at 38 weeks so I don't want to feel like I'm wasting it.

8. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Mrs. Toad: what are your tentative plans for lo? My parents coming over has me assured she'll be safe but I think she'll be super upset while I am gone, I'm really starting to wish I'd asked them to baby sit throughout her 2.5 years, but me leaving the house on labour would probably have freaked her out no matter what .

9. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@sunnyday: LO is a Coombs positive which means she has a higher chance of jaundice. Luckily she seems to be ok so far. Pedi is going to check them tomorrow. I think her eyes are a little yellow like her big sis( who never needed treatment). I hope your LO recovers quickly!

10. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@sunnyday: awesome about the birth weight though!! @Peasinapod: I put weeks 41 and 42 on my calendar this time since I was SO sure my first would come early (she was born at 41 weeks)

Even though we have plans for our daughter mostly lined up (and lots of back up people to call), I'm still stressed about all the "what if" situations! It would almost be easier if I was going to be induced so we could have exact time/dates for everything lined up! Definitely my biggest stressor right now! I'm 37 weeks today and I'm still at the "things are easier with her in than out" point. I know in a few weeks I'll be singing a different tune!

11. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

DD1 was supposed to be back to school today, cracked a fever last night around 11pm. Ugh. My house isn't huge and I'm always okay with that, today I wish I lived in a mansion, lol. Going to try to keep them as separate as possible.

Also....basement renos, LOL I may need to leave. Hilariously loud.

Every two hours wasn't as bad as I imagine last night. She settled back down but now I'm worried she may be too sleepy. Appt is 11am and now going on my own, DH will stay home with DD1.

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: Well, hopefully you won't go past 38 weeks if you're feeling ready! I just have no clue what to expect. I'm going to try to assume I'll go overdue. I've been really hormonal too. PSA, don't watch sad movies about dogs when you're 9 months pregnant. And I also cried yesterday when my husband made a snarky comment about me spending most of the day on the couch. I felt like crap, give me a break!!

13. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Peasinapod: I ran into one of the other mothers in our apartment complex yesterday. She asked about me and I said I was still trying to figure out what to do with my 27 month old. She said she would be willing to take him. Otherwise, he may be going to the hospital with us and several toys/his new tablet.

I am honestly starting to wonder about scheduling the induction because then I could get family to fly in to watch him. I went late and had an unscheduled induction due to a slight water leak.

14. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: I am really glad right now that I don't have a newborn. This weekend started with LO throwing up all day. My washer is broke, so I had a borrowed empty apartment to wash vomit covered clothes, towels and sheets, but it was a walk to get to. He finally seemed to be better on Sunday, and we had a power outage for three hours at dinnertime, so we went to dinner and a movie, so that we had light for him to play. Of course, he woke at 5 this morning throwing up again. He must have relapsed due to the cold of going outside last night.

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Oh no! I'm so sorry, that sounds awful. For a second there though when you said your washer was broken I read it was your water was broken!! I hope your LO gets better and fast and whatever it is isn't contagious! That's really nice of your neighbor to offer to watch him.

16. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: All I hope is that I don't catch this again. This is the third stomach bug since the beginning of December. I have caught both of the previous two.

17. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Back at hospital today. Saw same Paed as yesterday. Turns out B's bilirubin chart done yesterday to see where she falls on graph.... math on hours old was done wrong by the nurse! Yesterday she had like below the lowest low numbers, and even the Paed said it didn't make sense with her weight gain! Today she was only 1.9% below birth weight so they re-did math and she's fine!! Phew.

Saw LC while waiting for blood results and she was super helpful to help me get her latching deeper.

Skin to skin now, I'm ready for bed. First appt with my family doc tomorrow. Bad winter storm coming in, so blah about that!

18. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: Glad to hear everything is going well. Good luck with the storm.

19. Smurfette

@sunnyday: yay!!! Glad she is good. Hope the storm isn't bad!

20. snowjewelz

We're finally past her birth weight! Feeding her relentlessly paid off! She usually has one fussy period where she doesn't sleep and just wants to nurse... Thank goodness it hasn't been MOTN lately! She will wake up every 2.5-3 hrs to eat. It really hasn't been bad at all; I don't even drink coffee! It's my 2 year old that I still spend all my energy/time on! I even went on a solo outing with DD2 yesterday to my baby wearing group meet up!

21. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Geez you would think they can do that stuff with their eyes closed, lol! At least she's all good now!

22. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: Awesome!

We went to the pedi this morning. LO2 is back to her birth weight, so I feel better. Doctor said she is perfect. Finally got her to sleep on her own last night. I have to hold her after a feed for like 20 mins but at least we can put her down. Even got a 2.5 ( only counting when she was asleep not in my arms) hr stretch last night and then a 2 hr one so DH and I both feel a little more refreshed today.

23. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Glad everything is okay! Stay safe in the storm. @snowjewelz: Yeah, glad that the weight is up! I know I won't feel like it when the time comes, but I'm totally imagining how calm and easy a newborn will be in comparison to my hurricane three year old.

24. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

I have just been in such a bad mood the past few days. Everything is making me angry it's not even that I'm that anxious to have my baby, or that uncomfortable being pregnant . I'm hoping this improves soon, I don't like being angry at everything !!

25. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: Yes! Back to birth weight. Hope you are both enjoying those bundles of joy.

26. snowjewelz

@babypugs: the newborn is the easy part right now... lol!

@Peasinapod: aww, i hope you feel better! i had like a week or two where i was really moody too... i blame it all on the hormones!

27. snowjewelz

Attempting to update this... If my date is wrong pls let me know! My mind is fuzzy and HB only tells me how many days ago you posted that you had your baby...

January babies
    12/13 - Afishermanswife, Justin William Jr
    12/20 - snowjewelz Karis Joy
    12/23 - littlecasita1122, Baby Boy A & Baby Boy B
    1/4 - Smurfette Peyton Smith
    1/5 Sunnyday Bronwyn Patricia
    1/6 - Chillybear William Thomas

Jan 5 - Colette1285 (#1)
    Jan 9 - Ruby26 (#1)
    Jan 9 - Limabeanbabies (#3)
    Jan 9 - Bluebubblez (#1)
    Jan 9 - Aimed121 (#2)
    Jan 16 - Mrs. Toad (#2)
    Jan 18 - Babypugs (#2)
    Jan 19 - Melissajoy89 (#1)
    Jan 20 - Sharon25 (#3)
    Jan 22 - IRunForFun (#1)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)
    Jan 24 - SaltySea (#2)
    Jan 28 - faithlove224(#2)
    Jan 28 - emilye519 (#2)
    Jan 28 - Peasinapod (#2)
    Jan 29 - norcal_gal (#1)
    Jan 30 - Madger (#2)
    Feb 6 - nana87 (#2)

Always in our hearts
    Miriam Anne - Mrs. Pinata's daughter

28. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

OK I officially declare growth scans nonsense!! 2 weeks ago they said the baby was measuring 5 lbs 6 oz and they were estimating I'd maybe have a 6 or 6.5 pounder at birth...today they said the baby is measuring 6 lbs 13 oz and I might have an 8 pound baby at birth.

We failed the biophysical profile due to lack of movement today but once hooked up to the non-stress test the baby woke up and passed with flying colors. I'm registering less contractions than I have the past 2 weeks though. Weird.

29. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I don't think they ever estimate the baby's weight right! Maybe the baby is getting ready to make his/her appearance! I think most baby's stop moving as much. I flipped out Monday night cause I couldn't remember her moving/feeling all day. She started moving once I pressed on my belly and laid down on my side. But I was about to call the hospital. Then I started having cramps Tuesday night. And labor started Wed super early!

30. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: @Smurfette: @snowjewelz: Glad all your babes are doing well and gaining on track!!

@Smurfette: Yeah I think there's a big margin of error. They said the baby's head was measuring small compared to the rest of the body but mentioned it's hard to get head measurements when baby is low. I have to go back and repeat the biophysical profile tomorrow though. I wouldn't mind if baby came soon. I'm getting anxious!!

31. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: it's weird they were spot on for DD2 but I think it was a coincidence lol!

@IRunForFun: I can't wait to see what he/she end up weighing hah!

32. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: I don't feel like growth scans are very accurate either. Although they guessed dd1 size pretty well... We'll see what mine says Thursday . Must be a bit more accurate than just the bump measurement .

33. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm convinced my newborn will be a breeze compared to my toddler as well! I'm just looking forward to being able to move around again! Beached whale doesn't make for a fun mama.

34. snowjewelz

@Peasinapod: I so agree... I am SO much happier with the baby outside of my body!

35. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: awesome list update, thanks!!

So first I need to say that in terms of newborn days, things are going great! The rest of my house? I can't make this up. DD1 sprung a fever Sunday night. No back to school for her. I took DD2 to hospital on my own Monday, DH stayed home with DD1. We asked my Mom to watch DD1 yesterday while DH and I took DD2 to her first family/regular doc appt. DS went to daycare. DHs car wouldn't start, it's only 4 years old....annoying. It had just sat a few weeks so we figured that. Boost, let run, turn on again, totally dead. So we call dealership and end up driving two cars to appointment in that storm, thankfully roads ok. Car gets new battery while we have appt, all good. I got home before DH, like....well before DH. He comes home....got a speeding ticket (lol on a snow storm day, wtf DH!) and then a second ticket for out of date insurance slip. Check my car, mines out of date too (new slips from a September were in files.....good place for them 😜). My Mom messages last night. She has the fever and so is "out" for any help. Went into DSs room this am as I heard him up.....I see rosy cheeks, annnd now he's in fever. I am changing my clothes if I am in room with DD2 or rest of house, hand washing like crazy and effing desperate to not let DD2 get this. Doc said straight to hospital ER if she spikes anything.

36. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Ahhh craziness!! I hope it doesn't spread.. With multiple kids I know you can't afford to have more men down!

37. snowjewelz

Uggh I was JUST telling my mom how DD2 is sleeping well at night... Then she was up from like 1-4 last night

38. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: Glad DD2 is doing well and sorry about everything else.

It's the reason that I am glad that LO2 is still inside. My DS had the stomach flu on Saturday and diarrhea on Sunday. He has thrown up Monday and yesterday. I don't know if he has thrown up today. I leave for work early and DH is home with him. I was also out of it on Monday night with this.

39 week appointment later today.

@snowjewelz: Figures that's how it goes with baby sleep. I have said if this one if half the sleeper and eater my first is, I will be thrilled. He STTN at 10 weeks and was only up once a night by 5 weeks. I had no problems feeding him other than needing to pump to relieve engorgement so he could latch in the beginning.

39. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: That's awesome! DD1 was not the best sleeper... I'd say not super terrible, but not great. We opt not to sleep train and she STTN around 6-7 months. DD2 is in general a better sleeper, but I don't know if it's just b/c I'm not so anxious about everything so she appears to be easier?

40. Smurfette

@sunnyday: oh wow! I hope your house gets better soon. Our car battery was dead when we went to leave the hospital with LO1. Interesting story for her baby book.
    @snowjewelz: I was feeling great yesterday, we got a 2.5 hr and 2 hr stretch. Then last night we got one 1.5 hr stretch.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee