Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@babypugs: we have had nights like this. Try holding her for 15-20 mins once dead asleep before putting her down. If that doesn't work DH sleeps with her on his chest. She also will sleep on the bed right next to me. Which we aren't comfortable with but I needed some sleep. I hope she isn't in pain either!

2. Smurfette

Bump

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Totally had DD1 sleep on my chest and next to me... DD2 can be put down as long as she isn't gassy!

4. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: Are you guys able to sleep while she rests on your chest? I'm so paranoid that I'll drop her! Trying to remind myself that she's not even three days old and that everything is a phase.

5. Smurfette

@babypugs: DH can somewhat. He says it is better then nothing. I can't cause I am a stomach sleeper so sleeping on my back just doesn't happen. Which is why I will lay with her on the bed next to me. But I don't sleep good cause I am worried about her moving and pressing up against a pillow or something.
    Friends lent us a bassinet thing that goes on top of our bed but she doesn't like it. Even if I keep my hand on her chest so she feels me.

6. snowjewelz

@babypugs: I was able to. DH never slept next to DD1 or with her on him; he's a big guy and is a heavy sleeper so I wouldn't trust him at all. I'm a lighter sleeper and generally don't move so my experience was good with DD1 (that's how we ended up co-sleeping). Of course; if you're not comfortable I def wouldn't do it all the time... Safety first after all!

With DD2 this time I've fell asleep after nursing and I would sleep sitting up with her passed out on the nursing pillow lol.

7. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: I haven't tried that yet, thanks!

@Smurfette: Haha, I totally had that last time! I swear I bought every sleep device known to man.

@snowjewelz: I'm a super light sleeper too-- might work!

8. snowjewelz

@babypugs: Its hard to explain.. I mean when I'm really tired I'm sure I'm just out too, but I've always been super aware of where DD is and I guess since I don't move (or if I move I'm kinda awake) I know I won't roll on top of her, etc.

9. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: @babypugs: Awww I'm sorry you ladies are all struggling with newborn sleep! The sleep deprivation must be so hard. I hope you all find the right solutions for you and your babes! It's kind of making me wonder if I'd rather keep my 39 weeks uncomfortable and insomnia filled sleep or have this baby out!

Anyone still hanging out pregnant with me? Just hit 39 weeks today and for the past week have had less BHs and contractions than the 2 weeks prior. Go figure!

10. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: I will sleep w her on my chest in our recliner. I position pillows on either side under my arms to wedge us in, but not crowd her. Seems to work, buts it's definitely a lighter sleep!!

11. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I still prefer for baby to be outside my body, 100%!

12. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: It's a different kind of struggle for sure! Physically I feel 1000% more comfortable, and I love love love having DD here, but I'm also missing the kicks and I'm a little sad that I'll never experience the pregnancy weirdness again! By the way, I also had fewer contractions leading right up to the birth...hmmm!!

@sunnyday: Okay, I think I can envision that! Thank you!

13. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: I'm still with you. 40 weeks tomorrow. Haven't had many BHs or contractions. I am just hanging out with my 2 year old while it is just the 3 of us. The third trimester has never bothered me. I would have two to avoid the first trimester.

14. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Mrs. Toad: @IRunForFun: I'm still with you guys! 38 weeks yesterday! I really keep going back and forth for if I'm ready. Sometimes it's 'let's get this show on the road' and then I'll think about how tough it'll be to divide my time between dd1 and dd2.

15. emilye519

cherry / 129 posts

I'm still hanging in here too! 38 weeks yesterday, so I'm guessing I have about 7-10 more days, maybe longer. DD was 5 days early so I'm hoping for something like that but trying to keep busy and not think about it too much. I'm uncomfortable and don't sleep well but I'm not really having contractions or any signs or labor so I'm not getting my hopes up for anything sooner. I certainly hope I don't have a February baby though 😩

16. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

@IRunForFun: I'm still here with you. I haven't been active in the group, but I've been lurking since I joined! I've enjoyed seeing everyone cross over to the baby side, and I'm impatiently waiting for my turn! Tomorrow I'm 41 weeks...

17. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Mrs. Toad: @Peasinapod: @emilye519: @ruby26: Glad to have some companions!!

@ruby26: 41 weeks!! I hope it's your turn soon!!!

@snowjewelz: Ha, good to hear!

@babypugs: Haha that's so interesting that you had fewer contractions leading up to the birth considering how much you were dilating without even realizing!

18. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Peasinapod: I'm still not ready. I don't know how I will divide my time between them. I'm wondering who will watch him while I am in labor. I am really not ready for the lack of sleep. My first STTN at 10 weeks, December 2014. In addition, I have this picture of reading a book while breastfeeding.

19. Smurfette

@Mrs. Toad: @Peasinapod: @ruby26: @IRunForFun: Hang in there! The lack of sleep is worth it that's for sure.
    @Mrs. Toad: I hope you can find someone to watch LO during labor so you don't have to take him with you.

20. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Smurfette: thank you!! I think it's the unknown that gets pregnant women all impatient. If you told me 100% it would be on my due date I would be quite content to hang out . But thinking it could be any moment gets in my head...

@Mrs. Toad: I know exactly how you feel. Right now I'm a little delusional that nothing will change between me and my toddler and my new born will be super chill and content to be worn (and somehow nurse while being worn so I can be hands free) and I can continue on giving dd1 all the attention she is used to! How have you been feeling lately other than worrying about logistics for the birth?

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: I'm with you, as someone who is anxious and extremely impatient by nature, the unknown of labor is killing me! If I just knew when it would happen I could relax till then! Haha.

I have been trying a few things to hopefully help get my body ready, including drinking RRL tea, inserting evening primrose oil at night, sex a few times, spending time on the exercise ball, etc. Who knows if any of it will make a difference.

22. snowjewelz

While my first induction took forever, I was glad that I had a scheduled time to go in bc the waiting and not knowing when made me so anxious too!

I actually realized I see my 2yr more than when I work! And I def make sure the time we do have now is quality time. So that aspect is a positive. The most sad thing is that I no longer put her to nap and bed and she has really been battling bed times with DH. I don't think it's about him as when I work she sees him more than she sees me; I think it's cuz she knows I'm there but I can't leave leave the house lol. I think our relationship is more or less the same.. She is interested and helpful with the baby but being only 2 and 1 month she is still more about herself haha

23. Smurfette

@Mrs. Toad: @Peasinapod: DD1 is almost 4, but she has done fantastic with the transition. She is still in school during the week but the weekends wants to help, and yes is watching more TV but we (DH and I) are still each spending time with her when we can. DH took her to gymnastics on Sat morning and then ran a baby errand. Let her pick out the item for baby sister. Now when DH starts back traveling in Feb and I am by myself with both girls got four days at a time, it might be a different story. But now we take turns doing bath/stories with her like we did before. She really has amazed me!

24. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Peasinapod: I'm still feeling quite well. I have an appointment on Thursday and will try to reschedule the induction a day later. My DH has plans the day I'm currently scheduled.

@Smurfette: My DS is only 2 and is not in school or daycare. He is also behind in speech, so I don't know how he will react to the baby. Luckily, I am the WOHP, so I have my DH home for us to split taking care of them.

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Mrs. Toad: When is your induction scheduled for now?

I'll be 39+3 tomorrow and have a midwife appt in the morning. At my last appt she mentioned she may want to check my cervix this time and I can't decide whether I'll decline or have her do it. I'm worried there will be no progress at all and I'll get discouraged, even though logically I know it doesn't mean much. On the other hand, part of me wonders if an aggressive check could help move things along. I'm having consistent, mild contractions pretty much every night from about 7 to 11 and then they die off when I lay down for bed. Super annoying.

26. madger

cherry / 178 posts

Also still pregnant! I'm due the 30th and my daughter was a week late, so I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing up the caboose in this group!

27. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: Currently the 28th, which is 41+5. I just want to move it one day later. I will probably let them check the cervix on Thursday at 40+3. I will also have to schedule a non stress test for Monday if I haven't gone into labor.

28. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Mrs. Toad: were you late with your first? Good to hear you're still feeling good. I think I got it in my head I was going early so I had a few days of feeling on edge / like I was in limbo . But that feeling has gone away and I'm trying to just live life as usual which is helping my mood.

@IRunForFun: I have an appointment Thursday I will be almost 39 weeks. I declined cervical check last week but will likely go for it if offered Thursday . That is what put me into labour with my 1st though, so mentally I don't know how I'll take it if I don't have similar results.

29. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@madger: how are you feeling? its good that you're in the mindset of late baby!

30. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Peasinapod: I was, but only at 40+2. I had a small water leak and was induced. I had a feeling that I would be overdue again and am just enjoying the time. I really didn't want a birthday too close to Christmas, so I don't mind being late.

31. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@madger: Good luck. Hope you are still feeling well.

32. snowjewelz

Jan babies, where are youuuu? We're halfway through the month!

33. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Haha I know right??

I didn't do the cervical check today. I mentioned it to DH last night and he had a surprisingly strong opinion on not getting checked. He said everything he's heard indicates it doesn't mean much and he'd rather not have something like that jumpstart labor when baby isn't overdue yet. I was shocked he really cared about it but respect his perspective. Everything was normal at the appointment - BP and heart rate etc. I do have a scan tomorrow with MFM but the midwife said if everything continues to look good I can go to 42 weeks, which would be Feb. 5th.

34. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@madger: Hi there! How are you feeling?

@Peasinapod: Wow that a cervical check threw you into labor last time! Was it a sweep? I feel somewhat the same in that I convinced myself the baby would be early and was on edge weeks 37 and 38. Now I'm still impatient but have given up on the "It could be ANY second!" mentality.

@Mrs. Toad: I hope they give you the extra day!!

35. emilye519

cherry / 129 posts

These January babies are taking their sweet time! I don't go back to the midwife until Friday - I'll be 38+6. I'm going to ask about what their protocol is for post-term and induction, but I'm trying to hang in there and not get impatient. But it's soooo hard. Mostly I'm just uncomfortable at work, but don't want to save the days for maternity leave 😩

For those with an older lo, did you get a gift from the baby for lo1? I've seen it recommended but DD just had a birthday last weekend and Christmas and Hanukkah last month so I feel like she's been getting so many gifts lately, but I want to make this transition smooth for her so idk. Any advice on how to make her more excited/comfortable?

36. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: oh yes sorry it was a check and a sweep. And my water broke that night . My midwife last week offered to do the same thing, which was pretty surprising since I wasn't even 38 weeks. This weeks appointment is with a different midwife and I have a feeling she won't offer the same.

37. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@emilye519: I have a 2.5 year old. Haven't gotten her a gift from the baby.. But a few ppl have suggested I should. I'm just not sure she'd get it and honestly she's not that in to most toys so I'm not sure it would help. I'm pretty nervous about the transition for her from being only child / centre of her parents universe....

38. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: That was so true for this kid... I was at OB on Monday and went into labor the next day!

39. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: the 5th is a great bday(mine)! But I really hope you don't go till 42 weeks, that sounds miserable.
    @emilye519: we didn't do a gift. She was already excited about baby sister coming. We just played up she was a big girl and let her help as much as she wants too. DH and her have a thing about piggies(toes) so he made sure to show her the baby's and she loved how small they were.

40. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@IRunForFun: @Peasinapod: @Mrs. Toad: still feeling pretty good! I was hit with a stomach bug though on Monday and now my husband and toddler have it, so THAT hasn't been super fun! otherwise, I'm still running, working, and plugging along. I haven't done any checks yet (I went from zero to labor with my first, so I know it doesn't mean much), so I'm not sure where I am. My "non professional" guess is she will come February 3rd. I haven't even packed our hospital bag yet. Maybe this weekend!
    @emilye519: I got a baby carrier for my almost 2.5 year old to get from the baby that matches one I have. she loves to match (and her babies), so I think she will like it. Basically all of my anxieties around this new baby revolve around how my toddler will adjust!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee