Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@sunnyday: Ive nursed in both boba wrap and Ergo with the infant insert.. You really just need to lower it so they can to the boob and pull/tighten back up after

2. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I saw that and replied.. Both my girls has tongue ties and my nipples were so bad last time too.. I cried every time and dreaded feeding time which was all the time. Hang in there love

3. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: Hmmm!! I will have to try, I'm so curious to see if it would work for us!! Thanks!!

Time is flying, I need things to slowww down! Where is the month going!

4. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: I didn't try with my first (nor did I wear her this early). With this one I'm like I need all help I can get haha. It def takes some practice and there are days where I still can't get her to position right and she gets annoyed haha!

5. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: Not fast enough. I am still waiting for this little one to make an appearance. 40+6 today.

6. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm impressed! I've tried to nurse in the Moby and it was a huge fail. I think I need bigger boobs, or maybe a YouTube tutorial.

@Mrs. Toad: You're going the distance!

7. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: I'm sorry! Breastfeeding is tough enough without added complications. Looks like you got some good advice on your other thread, but hope you're doing okay today.

8. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: Eek! It's gotta be soon!

@babypugs: I've done it on the boba wrap, but haven't tried int he Ergo with the infant insert yet... I'm determined to try more things with this baby; with DD1 I feel like I was always so scared of everything that I didn't even try!

9. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@babypugs: @snowjewelz: We'll see. I will have a January baby, because I will be induced on the 29th.

10. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Sorry, yes. Not likely fast enough for those like you with littles on the inside still!!

Anyone that has more than one kid or one with a busy house and out and about, I think we are figuring out her frantic cries.....overstimulated? I mean I noticed it with DD1 when we did go out those few times in the first weeks she'd be fried sometimes. For this DD with two older LOs, plus visitors and busier days our normal, she seems to be responsive in a quiet spot to soothing once we remove her from the chaos.

11. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@snowjewelz: @IRunForFun: SnowJewelz, I had the same issue with my first and her TT. I would cry every time she needed to eat because I dreaded the pain. snipping the TT and working on positioning (and APNO) helped a TON!

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

We had DD's tongue and lip ties revised this morning so I am hopeful that things will improve! My milk is also in and I'm able to hand express some so we can give her a tiny bit extra when I feel like I can't nurse for another second. The soothie gels pads feel so good!

Unfortunately DH has come down with a cold. Such bad timing. I can't keep he and DD entirely separated because I'm still recovering and need help and he just HAS to hold her sometimes. He held her on the couch for 3 hours last night so I could sleep and then I took her and she slept in bed with me for two 2.5-hour stretches while DH got some sleep. Now DH is talking about needing a long nap and I'm like...yeah that'd be nice!! I'm just making him be vigilant about hand washing, no kissing her face, and no coughing or sneezing on her. Lol. Praying I don't catch it either!!

13. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: I hope it helps nursing. You got better stretches last night then we, well me, got.

We are starting the I won't nap more then 30 mins unless you hold me. Fun times

14. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: Right there with you! I swear night time sleep is easier than daytime naps right now. I'm totally not minding the naps on me for now, trying to put zero pressure on myself to get anything else done and just enjoy.

15. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

I had a non stress test today at 41 weeks. Baby is doing well, I have plenty of fluid, but there were no measured contractions. Another non stress test scheduled for Thursday. I think I will get to the induction on Sunday. If I do, at least my FIL will be in town to watch my son.

16. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Ugh yea no one can afford to be sick with newborns! Our dr just told us today that a 5 week old had to go to NICU b/c he/she got bronchitis from his/her sibling. So scary I am crazy about hand washing/sanitizing too... Sep DD1 goes to daycare and brings home who knows what

@Mrs. Toad: Yeah, one good thing about scheduled induction is that you can control your schedule!

@Smurfette: @sunnyday: Bleh our sleep is still pretty random... Some nights pretty good 2, 3, 4 hour stretches, then one night she was up from like 12-4...

17. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

DD is refusing to nurse after her TT revision yesterday morning. She latched once right after at the office, and then started refusing to suck, fussing and crying at the boob the rest of the day. She randomly latched and nursed twice but I can't figure out what was different those times. The rest of the time I've been pumping with a hand pump and I was syringe feeding, but she fought that and it took ages. Finally caved and gave her a bottle twice this morning. I keep putting her to the breast, trying different positions, pumping a little off first, but she just won't do it. I'm so frustrated.

18. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: ahhh that's hard. Hugs Momma.

Is this common after a TT is cut? Assuming you've tried different nursing positions?

19. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: hugs! Do you have a LC you can call for advise?

20. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Yes I have tried it all I feel like! They said that I should notice an immediate improvement after TT revision and she shouldn't have discomfort etc so I don't know if it's common!

@Smurfette: Yes, I called this morning and we are going in after DD's first ped appt in a bit! Desperately hoping they can help! Can't remember if you mentioned it already, forgive me if you did, what did your pedi say re: potential reflux?

21. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Could it be that she's confused by the new found freedom of her lip/tongue? As long as you keep pumping to keep up the demand/supply and keep working on it! I am so sorry! Hopefully LC will have a better idea. Sometimes they are just stubborn!

22. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I hope they have some ideas for you! The nurse said that she thinks it is just really bad gas pains not reflux. So we just have to wait it out:(

23. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Thanks!! It does kind of seem like she can't figure out where to put her tongue now. She kinda tries a little then gives up. Hoping they can troubleshoot for me.

@Smurfette: Awwww poor baby. And poor you! I hope it subsides soon.

24. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I think bad gas is better than reflux! My is gassy too... I've been giving her gripe water before bed at night... Not 100% sure if it helps? Haha.

@IRunForFun: She is prob also sleepy so she doesn't want to try probably!

25. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: we do gas drops or gripe water but I don't think they really do anything.

26. madger

cherry / 178 posts

Ended up having a NST this morning (39+1). Little lady's HR was a smidge low, but of course it popped back up on the monitor (which she HATED). I have to have another growth scan next week since I'm measuring a little small (probably the only time in my life I will be stressed about not gaining enough weight). She is giving me a lot more to worry about than her sister!

27. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Right?! But I haven't been noting whether she wakes up more/for longer at night with or without gripe water... I need to take notes!

28. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Ugh, I'm so sorry you're still dealing with issues! I'm sure the LC will have lots of good answers, but for what it's worth, both my LOs have not wanted to latch/eat around that stage, even when awake. Not sure why but I just kept forcing and forcing and hand expressing, and it resolved itself. Super frustrating though, both times I've been soooo concerned that they weren't getting enough to thrive.

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: Agh, the gas and grunting is insane! I feel so bad listening to the groans and not knowing if I should intervene or if I just need to let her work it out! Second time around and I'm still clueless haha.

29. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@madger: At 38 weeks, I started measuring small. That was also the high point of weight gain. Over the last three weeks, I have lost six lbs.

I had a NST yesterday at 41 weeks and everything is still good. I believe that the doctors know best and am not concerned. I hope to go into natural labor, but am betting I will be induced on Sunday at 41+6. No contractions were observed during the NST.

30. emilye519

cherry / 129 posts

@madger and @mrs.toad I'm still right there with you! Not technically overdue yet (39+4 today), but impatiently waiting. DD was born at 39+2 so I think that makes it worse. I'm having tons of Braxton Hicks/contractions but nothing productive, it's quite depressing! Hopefully we can all join the other side soon!

31. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: So excited for you between now and Sunday!

@emilye519: We are waiting!

32. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@emilye519: Sorry you are still waiting, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

@snowjewelz: I almost hope I get to Sunday. My FIL is flying in on Saturday afternoon, making childcare easy. We also have a party to attend Saturday night that DH and I are looking forward to.

33. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: How did LC go for you yesterday?

@Mrs. Toad: @emilye519: SO close! Your babes will be in your arms so soon!

B is so congested, I was actually worried for her at 4am wake up, it was like she couldn't breathe but almost like she couldn't swallow either. She seems okay today. Moved her bucket seats shoulder straps up one yesterday. Growing too fast!! Heading out for a walk shortly, these mild January temps here have been great.

34. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: It went well! Thanks for asking. The LC was able to show me a better position and angle to get her to latch. It has taken me a while to get it down because of the coordination involved but I think we are getting better...all feeds have been at the breast since the visit.

@Mrs. Toad: Good luck!!

35. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: that's great!!
    @sunnyday: poor girl. We are going on a walk once she wakes up from her nap and eats. I would walk to get LO from day care but no cross walk. It feels great out here!

36. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: @Smurfette: Oh I am so jealous of your milder weather!! I mean I wouldn't be up for walking yet even if we had nice weather, but it's nasty here. We got sleet and snow all day yesterday and now it's just gray and gloomy. No sun in the forecast till like Monday!

37. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: Thanks

I'm glad you are doing better with breastfeeding. I had to pump before every feed for a few days last time. I was too engorged for my first to latch.

38. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Yay! So glad to hear. Yeah this is the sucky part of having a winter baby with winter weather... Cooped up inside all the time plus flu season! But I think I feel less guilty when we can't get DD1 out to play as much where as in the summer I'd feel bad if we're not constantly out with her doing fun things

39. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

Baby didn't do well enough at the NST today. I will be induced later today. It's the last day as a family of three.

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: That makes sense. I had to get out today for fresh air, I felt so cooped up. I left the baby with DH and took the dog for a super short walk. Didn't wanna overdo it only a week PP but the fresh air felt so nice!

@Mrs. Toad: Oh my goodness, good luck mama! Smooth labor vibes, can't wait to hear how it goes!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee