1/31 - Madger Quinn

Always in our hearts
    Miriam Anne - Mrs. Pinata's daughter

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

bump

3. snowjewelz

Wow just realized we have tons of girls!

For team greeners - What was your reaction when your baby came out? Were you sooo anxious to find out right away if it was a boy/girl?

4. emilye519

cherry / 129 posts

I guess hellobee ate my post, but Silas Dean arrived at 11:45 pm on 1/26. He came out fast and furious too, which is fine by me! DD has been doing so well with him! She's not super interested but she makes sure to tell him goodnight every night and gives him a kiss before she goes to school. So we're all doing pretty well! I didn't have any tears, which was awesome but I am having some pain on one side while breastfeeding, maybe a shallow latch? I've got some scabs, so I'm going to try to see the Lactation consultant and get it figured out. Congrats to all the January mommas!

5. snowjewelz

January (and a few December) babies

12/13 - Afishermanswife, Justin William Jr
    12/20 - snowjewelz Karis Joy
    12/23 - littlecasita1122 Baby Boy A & Baby Boy B
    1/4 - Smurfette Peyton Smith
    1/5 Sunnyday Bronwyn Patricia
    1/6 - Chillybear William Thomas
    1/12 - Babypugs
    1/17 - Ruby26 Karolina Annelise
    1/19 - IRunForFun Cora Marion
    1/20 - Peasinapod Scarlett
    1/26 - EMILYE519 Silas Dean
    1/27 - Mrs. Toad Eleanor Anne
    1/31 - Madger Quinn

Always in our hearts
    Miriam Anne - Mrs. Pinata's daughter

6. snowjewelz

@emilye519: Yay for adding another boy to the group!

7. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@madger: Congratulations!! A January baby after all!!!

8. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@emilye519: And congrats to you too!

Today is DH's 3rd day back to work and the first 2 days went pretty well. He works second shift so from 2 to 10:30 pm. Today is off to a rough start though and he only just left. DD has been awake for the most part for 6 hours now. Sometimes fussy, sometimes just alert. I've nursed and nursed, tried the swing and rock n play, and now I've got her in the Moby wrap. She just won't stay asleep. I'm so tired and just need a break!!

9. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@emilye519: congrats!
    @snowjewelz: we had a rough night here. I'm so tired.
    @IRunForFun: hang in there. It will get better.

I can't get her to eat today, she wants to sleep. Which then means she will be up again all night. Urg!!!!! She also is spitting up a ton and sounds like she is choking on it. We go in a week to the pedi, going to talk to her about reflux. Maybe that is why she cries in her sleep?! I wish babies could talk!

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh no! Our babies need to switch it up - mine needs to stop eating and sleep and yours needs to stop sleeping and eat!! Poor thing with the possible reflux, that must be scary for you. I hope the ped has answers at the next visit.

11. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I just hate to think she is in pain.

In other words I can't believe she is 4 weeks today. Moving to size 1 diapers. Newborn still fit but are getting tight. She's getting so big.

12. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: oh no! I good pedi can give some insight. It's so hard to decipher what's going on!

We are moving go size 1 after we finish up NB! She is not that big but thighs are chunky!

13. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: @IRunForFun: Breastfeeding is getting better. It still hurts some, but between learning how to get her to latch deeper and some Newmans Own ointment, I am feeling better. It's good to hear that the latch will get better as she gets bigger and stronger.

14. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@madger: @emilye519: Congrats on your babies.

15. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: I was just glad to know that the baby was out safely and everything was okay. They showed her to me and I must have been tired because I said "Oh a boy" and was immediately corrected by the doctor.

16. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Ugh it's 6 am and we've been awake since 4. And before that DD didn't sleep well either. I've nursed and nursed and even pumped and topped her off with an oz in a bottle. She doesn't seem uncomfortable so I don't think it's gas. She's just awake. Go to sleep tiny baby!!

17. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Could she still have her nights and days confused? We had a bad night too. She would only sleep on DH or me for most of the night. Then gas pains kept waking her up. I'm so tired, cause LO1 woke m me at 7, 30 mins after I got the baby asleep again. DH is still sleeping of course. A nap is the first thing on my agenda for today.

18. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I'm not sure if she's reversed! The past couple nights she's done some decent stretches, last night was just bad. She finally settled a bit in bed with me around 6:30 and slept until 8:50, just briefly waking and fussing a few times. I hope I can nap today but I haven't really been able to most days!

19. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I will say that is the one good thing about the lack of sleep. When I do sleep I sleep great for once. Hopefully tonight is better for both of us.

20. snowjewelz

Our nights are actually not bad; it's day time that's killing me! I pretty much can't put her down so I get nothing done; then my 2 yr old comes home and needs attention too.

21. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: can you wear her?

22. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: yup wearing her a ton but then sometimes she just wants to cluster feed

23. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: well hopefully the cluster feed buys you more sleep at night.

This baby doesn't want to cluste feed like her big sister did. Nor fall asleep nursing at bedtime. She will sleep for three hours during the day, but at night nope. Her gas wakes her up at night.

24. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: ayyy these babies! At least you can nap during her long naps!

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Sometimes I debate with myself whether I'd rather have her more awake during the day or longer stretches at night!

@Smurfette: Same here, DD will sleep 3 hours during the day but not at night. I just haven't been able to fall asleep for a nap very often while she sleeps during the day. I try but the best I've been able to manage is 30 mins of light drifting.

26. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: @Smurfette: Aww, babies, sleep!! It's so hard adjusting to that long term sleep deprivation. Hope you guys both start getting nice, long NIGHT stretches soon.

@snowjewelz: I'm there with you! Loving the 2-3 hour night stretches but day times are driving me crazy. I wear her a LOT because I'm paranoid about flat head, but even when I want to there is no setting her down. I'm like, baby, let me do something productive!

My conclusion is that babies are just crazy. Does anyone else feel like time is FLYING?? Can't believe my maternity leave is 1/4th over.

27. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

Oh yeah and wanted to commiserate with everyone with boob/nipple issues: got my first round off mastitis earlier this week. Went from fine to a bright red streaked boob and high fever within a couple of hours. Fortunately my doc hooked me up with an antibiotic right away, but I'm still producing waaaay less milk on that side.

28. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: Oh no, not mastitis! That's awful, I'm sorry. I'm glad you were able to nip it in the bud quickly. Hope it doesn't happen again!

The fissures aka open wounds on the sides/base of my nipples where they meet the areola aren't healing. I'm trying to switch up positioning and correct her latch and I'm treating the nipples with cream the LC recommended but no luck. I am not sure what else to do.

29. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: Glad you got the antibiotics right away! I haven't gotten it yet, but did ask my doc for a script for it in case he wasn't avail asap and to save going to walk in clinic, so at least it's ready if needed.

I've been pining over a job posting at work all week. There's a perfect one up right now and this is where the year of mat leaves bites because I just need to sit on my hands. I know the manager well, but don't know what I would say "hey, I'd love to apply but won't be back for 11 months....." Argh! I'm in need of a change when I go back (same office, progressive or same role for 10 years) Same pay as current job, but awesomely different work.

I'm with some of you getting 2-3 hour stretches at night, but daytimes I cannot put her down for naps. I am still enjoying the snuggles so am pretty accepting of it.

My DS potty trained at daycare this week, he's home with me full time in two weeks and that was on the top of my list, but apparently will be mostly done. He was beyond ready, now I just need to get this DD into cloth, we are still using sposies these early weeks.

30. Smurfette

@babypugs: oh no!! Hope you are feeling better. And yes, I can't believe she is a month old tomorrow. Less then two months left before I have to go back to work. I'm so bored at home but at the same time, not ready to leave her!
    @snowjewelz: I swear when I lay down in bed to take a good nap is when she naps for 30 mins. She naps way better in my arms.
    @IRunForFun: that sounds so painful. I hope it heals soon.
    @sunnyday: oh that would be so tough. I would still contact them, what do you have to lose? I need to contact my old boss about a job. She texted me back in September and I told her I was pregnant, so she told me to call her in March. I am so bored at work. But they are so understanding with my schedule and DH traveling, and not having to work late during close. That's awesome he is potty trained!

31. snowjewelz

@babypugs: Ah don't even talk about maternity leave lol! When are you going back? I'm going back 3/14. Sooo not looking fwd to it... Bc that means gotta start pumping, hoping she will take a bottle without a fight, all new and hectic morning routines, childcare... Ahhh! And I'm sorry about mastitis! So soon!

@IRunForFun: Ouch I'm hoping if nothing else her mouth will just get bigger and therefore not getting you at that same spot soon...?

@sunnyday: nice that they trained him for you! I'm hoping mine will do haha since she moved to the older toddler room and a bunch of them are training or trained. Maybe you should email the manager anyway! If whoever doesn't work out then they will always know you were interested! I'm def very "mom tracked" in my career since I have been here for 4 years and already went on mat leave twice haha

32. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: yeah, my work is very blah but I am in it for the short commute and a very understanding boss!

33. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I spoke to soon, she is waking up as soon as I put her down this afternoon.

34. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Yeah I got LO to sleep after nursing and put her down in the swing, finally drifted off to sleep on the couch myself, and 20 mins later she woke herself up pooping. Ugh!!

@snowjewelz: That's what I'm hoping too, re: her mouth getting bigger! Sometimes latching doesn't hurt anymore, which is nice, but they just won't heal because of the constant use.

LO is wanting to eat closer to every hour today than every 2 or 3. Maybe a growth spurt...

35. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: there is one at 2 weeks

36. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Ah. Well, she is 15 days old so that would make sense!

37. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: That sounds awful. No advice, just feel so bad for you.

@sunnyday: Daycare trained my daughter over a week--it was awesome! I bet you're happy.

@snowjewelz: I think the beginning of April. I'm excited to go back but yeah--the daycare costs, commuting, pumping, even less sleep, and overall logistics have me bummed!

38. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Y'all and your US mat leaves. You're all my heroes going back in the next little while.

@babypugs: happy for sure!! He has been ready so it wouldn't have been hard, but amazing she got it part of his new normal before he's here FT again. Tonight he has discovered he can evade the dinner table going pee 🙄

39. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: are you so out of it when you go back? Even after 3 months I barely remember my password lol! Even tho I keep up with emails I felt like I was new at the job the first week back last time lol

@babypugs: last time work mtgs messed with my pumping so that I wasn't pumping enough by 6 mos! I'm hoping this time is better!

@IRunForFun: Did your LC Mention a shield at all?

40. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: I got thrown to the wolves upon return after my second. My one up and two up boss stopped giving my replacement work months before my return and dumped on me because of his performance, so that was brutal and SO hard. I basically had 6 weeks before my first event on top of that and one every 6 weeks until I took a month off six months after my return, totally burnt out. I came back a few days before official return to interview some staff Id come back to, and always stay pretty in the loop, so that part wasn't bad. This time if I don't change jobs before return I will be looking out for myself a heck of a lot more, and not just take it all on. I do need to probably update some credentials or do something PD/skill advancement upon return just to keep current, lol.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee