Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@Smurfette: @sunnyday: @IRunForFun: @babypugs: thank you for the welcome!

@IRunForFun: I was able to run through my entire first pregnancy, so if this one sticks, I am definitely hopeful that I will be able to this time around too! but it's also AMAZING how in tune with your body and what its needs are. you'll definitely know when you are ready to go and also when it is time to stop.
    @babypugs: we are going to be in Iceland (not really Europe), Denmark, and Sweden!

2. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: @madger: I run too, but am definitely anti do anything while preggo, so have done no running since finding out. My do nothing is still pretty active, so I don't get myself too down about no working out while preggo.

I was with my bff today, sooooo hard not to tell her, but I want to be with our DHs and after u/s and we see hb (hopefully!) Tuesday.

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@littlecasita1122: congratulations!! I am so sorry about your daughter. Here is to a happy & healthy 9 months!!

4. snowjewelz

@Tanjowen: Praying for your little bean

5. snowjewelz

@madger: welcome!!

6. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@sunnyday: I was with my Mom and sister last night and kept it a secret. So hard!

Updated with the new Mama's!
    Jan 5 - Sunnyday (#3), Chillybear (#2), Afishermanswife (#1), snowjewelz (#2), Colette1285 (#1)
    Jan 9 - Ruby26 (#1), Limabeanbabies (#3), Bluebubblez (#1)
    Jan 11 - Smurfette (#2)
    Jan 14 - Mybell208 (#2), JessyMess (#2), littlecasita1122 (#3)
    Jan 15 - Mrs. Toad (#2),Tanjowen (#2)
    Jan 18 - Babypugs (#2)
    Jan 21 - Makingbabyw (#1)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)
    Jan 25 - IRunForFun (#1)
    Jan 28 - faithlove224(#2), Madger (#2)

7. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@limabeanbabies: can you send me the FB link?

8. snowjewelz

I had told 3 friends by now... This time around I just don't really care about the "12 week rule" anymore. Last time, I did FB annoucement of an ultrasound with "it's a girl! coming winter 2014" some time after we found out the gender.

This time, we'll probably announce around the same time and just put DD in a big sister shirt.

9. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Is anyone still having cramping? I've been having on-and-off menstrual like cramping since a few days before my positive test and I'm still getting it. It seems to happen most when I go from sitting to standing or roll over in bed but I know it's WAY too early for anything like round ligament pain. It feels as painful as period cramping but lasts for 30 seconds to 1 minute at a time. No bleeding or anything...

10. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Yes. It is totally normal. Mine are short like that too.

11. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: OK, thanks, I'm glad to hear it's normal!!

12. snowjewelz

One more week till ultrasound! Sometimes I feel like I'm not really pregnant b/c we haven't even see/heard the baby!

And I neeeed 1st trimester to be over... Sometimes I sleep as early as 8pm and STTN and still feel tired!

13. faithlove224

coffee bean / 38 posts

@irunforfun I think its normal I've been having cramps as well that last 30 secs to 1 min, I heard if you drink alot of water the cramps will go away, I always feel like af is coming and thank god when I check there's nothing there

14. Makingbabyw

grape / 82 posts

@faithlove224: I am having this too and sometimes it feels literally like I am bleeding (but I am not). Really weird sensation.

My doctor said it was completely normal and to expect it

15. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: definitely cramping on and off, and so worrisome. Thankfully hasn't lasted long the times it has happened!

16. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

u/s tomorrow!!! I am pretty excited, but anxious too. Desperate to see a little flicker of a hb! DH is taking the afternoon off work and coming. Should time out okay to get kids from daycare after it's done.

Holiday Monday here today, going to my parents for bbq when kids wake from naps, I just had a quick power nap instead of being productive around the house, knowing I will need the energy while at their place. They would be like wtf if I was conked on couch, like I have been in eaRly evening lately.

17. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Updated edd of January 4th! One day sooner!

u/s was great today, DH came with. Tech is who we have had previous pregnancies was excited to see us! Saw the little fluff, have a blurry pic, and am happy knowing we got to see the little flicker of a hb!

18. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Aww that's so great!! Glad you had a good appt and finally got to see the baby!

19. snowjewelz

My house is in ruins and I hate that I can't even care b/c I'm always tired/nauseous!! I keep saying tonight I'll stay up and clean, but even if I stay up I have no energy to do anything. DH helps as much as he does but he can't do everything.... Ahhh.

20. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: I've turned our basement into a dumping ground, it's actually scary, lol. I need daytime hours without kids to plow through it, I have Friday off and kids in daycare, so hoping then...until then.....ruins here too!

21. Smurfette

@sunnyday: yay! So exciting!

22. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Aww hooray! Sweet little bean!

@snowjewelz: @sunnyday: Yes, I am already feeling overwhelmed thinking of going through old baby stuff! I bet (hope) once we get out of the first tri everything will seem a little easier/less exhausting.

23. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Yay, congrats on a good ultrasound!!!!

How far along will everyone be when they have their first u/s? I'll be 8 weeks, 5 days which I know is standard (between 8 and 10 weeks) but it feels so far away! I'm due at the end of the month too so I'm just barely 5 weeks.

24. mybell208

coffee bean / 45 posts

Soooo tomorrow is my first doc appointment! I'm a little nervous even though it's just the blood work stuff.
    I've been so anxious lately. I've been pregnant before (8 years ago) but had a MC (so no kiddos yet). I just have so many feelings. I want to be super excited but I'm only letting it go so far.
    Maybe I'll feel better after tomorrow's appointment.. I dunno.
    Also.. glad to know crampy feelings are normal, I've been obsessing!
    Oh. And I'm tearing up just writing this. I think my emotions are going into overdrive.

25. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: I know, I need my parents to just take her to do something fun one afternoon so DH & I can focus and get some stuff done around the house!

@babypugs: I KNOW it does get better, so we just gotta hang in there! All my baby stuff is out on loan so I prob won't even get it back till end of this year so I am just not gonna think about it

@IRunForFun: I'll be around the same as you. I'm 7 weeks 6 days so I'll be 8 weeks something days next Tue (I'm not bothering with counting today, lol)

@mybell208: Have a great appointment today! It's totally normal to be overwhelmed with all kinds of emotions. Update us when you get back!!

26. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Not until about 9 weeks! My doctor usually does 8, but they were all booked up. It's going to be a tough wait but I'm excited to (hopefully) see a nice clear picture at that time.

@mybell208: The first trimester is always so nerve wracking. I hope you are able to stay calm and peaceful and that you have a GREAT doctor appointment!

27. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Thanks all

@IRunForFun: I was 7w6d, haha I had edd's mid month for my first two, and remember being so envious of due date board Momma's earlier in the month I was a week late with both, so won't likely end up as early as things look right now.

@mybell208: hope appointment goes well today, keep us posted!

U/S clinic yesterday gave timeline for the screening ultrasound and bloodwork, too. Looks like the last week of June My next prenatal is May 31st with my family doc.

DH is all about starting a name list, lol. He's too funny, we work in education so names are so hard. I feel like names are now even harder now that we have two kids named already, lol. They both start with the same letter and we are definitely breaking that for #3!

28. Smurfette

@mybell208: hope your appointment goes well!

I had my 1st appointment this morning. Doctor said everything look good. My cervix was nice and closed. Said I was really pregnant, my uterus is sitting right on top of my bladder. That explains why I pee every 20 mins. Then just did some blood work. I go back on 6/8, 9w exactly, for an ultrasound. Fingers crossed DH can be home that week and can come. Then I will go back at 10 weeks for the harmony test. But since I am over 35 I will go to another doctor for an ultrasound at 12 weeks and will even have my anatomy one there as well. She said that is the only abnormal procedure (verses last time) I will have since I am over 35, unless something comes up. She said that she has zero concerns about my pregnancy since I had such a great one last time and I am perfectly healthy. So that was nice to hear.

29. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: that's a great appointment!

30. mybell208

coffee bean / 45 posts

@snowjewelz @babypugs @sunnyday @smurfette - thanks for the support! My appointment was pretty uneventful, which is what I expected, so I'm not sure why I was nervous. I just had blood drawn & urinalysis, no exam. I will go back in 2 weeks for my ultrasound. My NP gave me an updated due date of Jan 15th which is only a day difference.

31. snowjewelz

@mybell208: haha yes very anti-climatic but now you can get excited for the ultrasound!

32. norcal_gal

apple seed / 4 posts

Hi, I'm brand new to this board. I just found out I'm pregnant and seem to have JUST made the cusp by having a Jan 29, 2017 due date

EDD: Jan 29, 2017
    How far along: 4 weeks
    First child? Yes!
    First doctor appointment: Yes, mostly to confirm I'm pregnant, still yet to do any real tests.
    Any symptoms so far? Not really, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    Who have you told? One of my best friends who is about to give birth, since I had so many questions for her!

33. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Awesome appointment! Glad all went well.

@norcal_gal: Welcome! First baby, super exciting!

34. mybell208

coffee bean / 45 posts

Is anyone going with a midwife vs. an OB?

35. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@norcal_gal: Welcome and congrats! I'm at the end of the month with you!

@mybell208: I'm considering a midwife group if I'm able. I have a blood clotting disorder so I need to find out if the local midwives group will take me on. Ideally that's the route I'd like to go.

36. mybell208

coffee bean / 45 posts

@irunforfun -- A few of my friends have used a midwife (or about to), and I'm considering it myself. I hope you're able to go the route you want!

37. MrsCDH

olive / 71 posts

So fun to hear everyone's updates! I'm a little jealous of those of you with care plans finalised or in motion.

@smurfette: great to get such lovely reassurance! I have so much more anxiety about mc or something going wrong this time.

@mybell208: @irunforfun: I'd love to go midwife led, but it's not an option here in Saudi. The whole culture is very medicalised, you have to search very hard to find an obgyn you trust to be as hands off as possible.

I was talking with my husband last night about our plans. I don't want to get an u/s till 12 weeks if possible but I don't want to tell anyone till we've had the u/s. I'm traveling home to Ireland at 10 or 11 weeks and I doubt I'll be able to hide it for a week or two till my husband joins us and we can get an appointment together, so I'm undecided as to whether to get an earlier u/s or to just tell people before we've seen the baby and checked the pregnancy is all good... decisions, decisions;)

@sunnyday: ha! Not even ready to go there on the name battle again. My husband and I have NO common ground on names we like!!! And I feel you on how working with kids just ruins it!

38. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@MrsCDH: we didn't tell anyone until our first ultrasound (including our parents) with our first, and we are going to do the same this time around. luckily, my practice does a dating ultrasound around 8 weeks, so I didn't have to keep it a secret forever! We told our parents and siblings and a small handful of friends after that first scan, everyone else around 13 weeks, and posted it on FB after the anatomy scan with our first.

39. Smurfette

@norcal_gal: Congrats and welcome!
    @mybell208: OB. I didn't even consider a mid-wife. @MrsCDH: There is no way I could hide it for 12 weeks. I hope you can get in for an ultrasound before. Odds are if you don't have any bleeding by then, you and baby are good.

40. snowjewelz

@norcal_gal: Welcome!! I'm from the east coast but love the bay area!!

@mybell208: Haven't seriously considered a midwife, but I am going to a new OB this time and I hope I like her! I do have one other doc I can check out but I hope I won't have to!

@MrsCDH: Depends what you are doing those 2 weeks... Will people want to go drinking? Make you eat a lot of unsafe foods? I'd say if it's just a week or two just hang in there, but sometimes it's hard! I outed myself to my boss at 8 weeks b/c I was so miserable at work and he thought I was upset at him!

Should not have worn this maxi dress today... I look SO pregnant (partly b/c my stomach never shrunk back to what it was), I have to really suck it in when walking around...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee