Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: Mm I feel like an ice cold soda would really wake me up right now too...... I need to snap out of it!! Productivity is ZERO.

2. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@faithlove224: I usually have zero issues falling asleep at night but i wake up between 4-4:30 needing to pee or the dog is laying on top of my legs and i cant get comfortable. I get back into bed and I can't fall back to sleep. Hubs alarm starts going at like 5 and he snoozes 2-3 times. My first alarm goes off at 5:45 then 6. I get to work and feel like it should be lunch time.

3. faithlove224

coffee bean / 38 posts

@smurfette Thank you! Il take some next time

@chillybear that sucks, not being able to go back to sleep is the worst, I hope your sleep gets better!

4. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Chillybear: I've been so bloated at night it's a little painful. Yuck!

@faithlove224: I've had a little trouble staying asleep. I fall asleep just fine and then wake up in the night and toss and turn for a couple hours. I bought some unisom but haven't tried it yet.

Is anyone else having trouble drinking plain water? Plain water is usually all I drink but it tastes gross to me, metallic almost. I usually hate seltzer but I've been drinking seltzer with lemon because it goes down better than water.

5. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: yeah, I don't like water to begin with so I've been drinking more seltzer or flavored water too. More flavored water (usually lemon/mint), b/c seltzer makes me bloated!

6. mybell208

coffee bean / 45 posts

Random question, but is there a way to have it sort the board posts by the most recent post?

Thx

7. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@limabeanbabies: Also interested in a Facebook group, good idea.

I really don't remember feeling this tired and nauseated with my son. I haven't felt like doing anything other than laying down today and constantly feel seasick. Crazy how different pregnancies can be!

8. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Chillybear: Oh, that sounds miserable. I'm sorry.

@IRunForFun: Yes! I'm drinking about a gallon of soda water a day. Do you have a Publix nearby? They sell amazing flavored soda water with no sodium, calories, or artificial flavors. If not, La Croix is more extensive but also delicious!

9. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Tanjowen: Same on the nausea front. I was definitely not gagging this early on last time. Yuck!

10. Makingbabyw

grape / 82 posts

I too am beyond exhausted and having major main in my back and boobs (like I literally feel like I've been beaten with a bat). I have been sleeping like 15 hours a day thankfully.
    5 weeks today and three until our first appointments!

11. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@LovelyPlum: You're awesome! You should just join the pregnant-again party!

12. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@mybell208: if you have gold, when you click on the thread it will take you to where you last read. But otherwise, no.
    @IRunForFun: I actually am drinking more water. I am so thirsty. I am sometimes using the Mio squirt thing to flavor it at work. At home I drink Crystal Light when I need a water break.

DH was going to start dinner while I read stories, I said that this is what we are having, even thought it all sounds gross to me. He asked what I wanted, I said a calzone. He went and got us some. It was so good. I really wish I wanted to eat healthy food.

13. littlecasita1122

persimmon / 1026 posts

Nervously posting but here goes...

EDD: January 14
    How far along: 6 weeks
    First child? Third baby. My son will be 4 in June. My daughter passed away in January when I was 23 weeks pregnant. We discovered there was a cord accident after I delivered her. So this new pregnancy brings up many different emotions for me and the anxiety is crazy high.
    First doctor appointment: I had one yesterday as my doctor has been really understanding with seeing me early and as often as I'd like - sac is growing, all looks good but too early to hear the heartbeat. Next appt is 6/8.
    Any symptoms so far? Nausea, breast tenderness and very very tired.
    Who have you told? My husband, both sets of parents and my sister. I've learned the hard way there is no "safe" point of when to tell people so we may share with other friends in the next few weeks. I'm not sure when we will tell my son as I don't want to confuse him, even though we are very open about his sister's death.

14. MrsCDH

olive / 71 posts

@sunnyday: 4 kids, hey! I kinda thought that before we got the child that never slept more than 2 hours at a time, and needs to run and climb every minute he's awake. DH and I are spent... we keep saying this one has GOT to be a quiet, calm one:)

@smurfette: @babypugs: @irunforfun: I'm having no bother with water (I think the 105f+ temps help with that) but I am seriously missing the gallons of coffee I used to drink. Limiting myself to half a cup in the mornings until I remember to pick up decaf at the shop.

15. MrsCDH

olive / 71 posts

Has anyone begun thinking about announcements?

We didn't put our news on FB last time and then when we announced the birth so many people were like 'huh, you were pregnant'!! So I'm thinking about two different kinds - one to tell our family and close friends in person and possibly one for FB too.

16. MrsCDH

olive / 71 posts

@littlecasita1122: I'm glad you've had such a supportive doctor. Prayers for you and all of us for a healthy 9months

17. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@littlecasita1122: welcome, and on losing your daughter. One of my bff's lost at 40w (day before edd) and is pregnant again. I hurt for her with all the worry she goes through. Sounds like you have a great doc.

@MrsCDH: we had a child who never slept who finally started sleeping at 19m in December. Up to that point we had a realllly hard time with how we'd function. He's super needy and clingy, and really messed us up after easy DD! Now the two of them are a hoot, I was two more of them at this age (2 and 3!) could just appear, lol.

On announcements, torn. We did a fb one around 20/21 weeks each kid, I think of a few fun ideas, but also am unsure if we will do one this time! Maybe something subtle, but we'll see, gosh knows I won't be able to help myself and will do one!

18. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I officially need to eat any healthy food for the day before noon. After that point I'm not likely eating or going for junk. I made my first rhubarb crisp of the season last night, mmmm with ice cream! I also have headaches back, roll in early afternoon and stay until bedtime. I usually never get them, so some days they really take their toll.

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I had pizza and wings last night so I'm right there with you. It tasted soooo good though.

@littlecasita1122: Welcome and congratulations! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter and it's totally understandable that this pregnancy is bringing up so many emotions. Sending you good vibes for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

@MrsCDH: I'm drinking a cup of coffee each morning even though it doesn't taste very good to me anymore. I'll probably have to switch to tea soon. I only had to cup back from 2 cups a day so it hasn't been that bad. I don't know if we'll do an FB announcement or not. Neither of us uses FB very much!

20. Smurfette

@littlecasita1122: Congrats! I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. That's great your doctor is so understanding.
    @MrsCDH: we announced on FB last time once we knew the gender. This time we will find out the gender way earlier but will wait till 12-13 weeks (at the earliest) to announce. I ordered LO a big sister shirt already. But not sure how we will announce. We are telling my immediate family next weekend and I can't wait. We didn't see my Mom on Mothers Day and my Dad has to work on Fathers Day, so we are celebrating on Memorial Day. I ordered a together gift as part of their gifts and it has the grandchild number on it. I think they will be surprised but not surprised. They know I wanted to get pregnant this year. But I know they will be so excited.

21. Makingbabyw

grape / 82 posts

@Smurfette: what are you doing for your parents to tell them?! We are telling our parents on Father's Day and having a hell of a time not spilling the beans earlier! I am so excited but not sure how to tell them 😁

22. Smurfette

@Makingbabyw: I ordered this. It it very them and perfect to put 4 grandkids instead of the 3 they know about. I am seeing my Mom and sister tomorrow. Going to be to hard to keep it a secret.

23. limabeanbabies

olive / 57 posts

I'm trying to think of the best way to do this... Should I just post the link to the private facebook group on the walls of everyone interested? Or should I just share it here and delete later?

24. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@limabeanbabies: Is the hb group going to still be active? I don't feel comfortable joining a Facebook group for privacy reasons, but still want to keep up with everyone!

25. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@littlecasita1122: Welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I wish you a calm and peaceful pregnancy.

26. limabeanbabies

olive / 57 posts

@babypugs Yep! Just two different ways to keep in touch. I'm on facebook a lot more than HB (don't judge me!), so it's just easier for me.

27. Smurfette

@limabeanbabies: I am going to pass on the FB group.

28. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

@MrsCDH: I just told my parents today by getting them alone (I've got siblings that still live at home) in the backyard and then just spilling the beans. But all (9 of) my siblings are getting together on Saturday, so I'm giving my parents an anniversary present to open in front of them that's a "grandbaby" frame to hold the ultrasound picture. That's how we're telling my siblings.
    Still debating telling DH's family tomorrow. Not sure about that since our ultrasound is Monday and MIL has a really big mouth and will tell the world. As for Facebook, I'd like to do something to acknowledge our infertility journey, but I've also been off Facebook because of pregnancy announcements for about 8 months, so I'm not sure yet. I have some cute ideas but don't know if I'll follow through.
    @Smurfette: that is so cute!!! Is it for outside?? I'd love to get something like that for my parents!
    @littlecasita1122: welcome! I'm so sorry about your daughter. I hope this pregnancy is long and uneventful.
    @limabeanbabies: I think on people's walls would be best? I'm in for a Facebook group. Sounds fun!

29. Smurfette

@ruby26: I imagine they will hang it inside. The etsy seller just took a picture against a tree. Cute way to tell your siblings.

30. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Smurfette: That sign is adorable!
    @ruby26: For our first LO, we took my parents to eat and snuck an ultrasound photo in their menu.

We told our parents but not the happy situation I had hoped for. I spiked a really high fever last night and had bad cramping. The last time I miscarried I stayed in bed for 2 days so we realized we will need their help if something happens (DH works out of town). I'm better today and all symptoms stopped and the doctor said all we can do is wait and see.

31. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@limabeanbabies: Awesome, phew!

@Tanjowen: Hang in there and keep taking care of yourself. I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

32. Smurfette

@Tanjowen: hope you are feeling better! Rest as much as you can.

33. limabeanbabies

olive / 57 posts

@Smurfette Totally fine!

@Tanjowen @irunforfun @sunnyday I posted the link to your wall. Let me know if you have any trouble!

@Tanjowen I hope you continue to feel better and all is well with your little one! That's scary.

34. madger

cherry / 178 posts

Tentatively joining in after my BFP yesterday! I'd be interested in a FB group.

EDD: January 28 I think. This will definitely change since my cycles were so long!
    How far along: 4ish weeks?
    First child? Second! My daughter is almost 20 months.
    First doctor appointment: I haven't set one yet! I'll call on Monday. We are going to Europe for two weeks in June, so I'm hoping to get in before we go.
    Any symptoms so far? metallic taste in my mouth, running feels harder (I remember this with my daughter too!), and a little breast tenderness. nausea hit me FULL FORCE at 6 weeks last time, so we will see!
    Who have you told? My husband! It's still early days and with our daughter we waited until after our first doctor's appointment to tell our families.

35. Smurfette

@madger: congrats and welcome!!

36. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@limabeanbabies: when its a closed group, can others see it!? I am nervous of others being able to see me join a closed group, versus secret?

37. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@madger: welcome! And congrats!!

38. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Tanjowen: Oh no, I hope you're feeling better and everything is OK!!

@madger: Welcome and congrats!! I have/had that metallic taste too! It's so gross. Glad to hear I'm not the only one though.

39. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@madger: Oh and I'm a runner too, but haven't ventured out since I found out I was pregnant. I know it's perfectly fine and safe but my boobs just hurt so badly and I'm crampy that it seems like it wouldn't be comfortable.

40. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@madger: Welcome! Where are you traveling in Europe? Sounds amazing!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee