Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Aw I'm sorry. I think CIO will be in our future as well. It makes me so nervous that she won't sleep anywhere but in bed with one of us. I need to bite the bullet and have DH set up the video monitor in the nursery so I can start trying to put her down for naps in the crib.

@snowjewelz: Thanks! I keep telling myself women have survived this phase for millions of years haha. Yeah I feel so bad for the dog. He's young and super energetic and we used to take him on long walks/runs all the time. Now he's lucky to get one or two shorter walks a week.

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Bump

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: hopefully the weather will be nicer! This crazy warm one day snow the next day weather is driving me nuts! DD1 is currently in the backyard with grandma since I hear there will be snow tonight/tomorrow...

4. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: LOL I just saw my post now!!! I'm not even sure if I was nursing, just typing too fast and not hitting the space button well enough, haha!!!

5. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: the only time I "understood" (not really, but had a moment) why people get rid of dogs when they have kids was after DD1 started crawling. She always had Golden Retriever hair all over her hands no matter how much I vacuumed and it drove me batty. I felt like she was so dirty. But anyways, we got over that in a hurry and had our best competitive season in Agility with him the first year with her and she came all over the province with me to dog shows, haha!

6. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I can't even think about CIO even in the future, I am such a softy with this kid!!! We did it with success in like 4 days with DD1, unsuccessful with DS (he did and would still literally just cry all night to be a jerk, that's just him, so different from DD1!!), and DD2 can just keep waking me up at night forever, haha!

7. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: not to discourage cio because it works so well for some babies but my first daughter it did not work for, she just learned to sleep when she was ready. I held her for all naps for 1 year, but once at daycare she figured out crib napping! I think Babies are pretty adaptable . Now I hold s for naps even though she doesn't mind being put down . But that's more because we're only planning to have 2 kids so I want all the baby snuggles I can get!

8. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

CIO may end up happening. DD is getting harder to put down by nursing or rocking. I don't know what else to try.

9. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

When does anyone wake up their baby from a nap? E slept for 3 and 1/2 hours this morning and was still going strong when I woke her. Yesterday, I think it was 4 hours. This is making later naps more challenging.

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Oh DD already has dog hair all over her all the time. It's just on our clothes and furniture! That's a battle I'll never even try to fight.

11. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: Yeah, I hear ya. Since I'll be home with DD there won't be any chance of anyone else getting her on a schedule! I'll definitely be trying to get her to sleep in the crib in general and resort to CIO if needed.

@Mrs. Toad: I woke DD when she had slept from 4:15 to 7:15 yesterday but mostly because I needed to get her changed and ready for bed. I'm not sure I'm ready to wake a sleeping baby during the day otherwise! That was her longest nap though.

12. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Mrs. Toad: I will wake if it has been too long between feeds. I try and just allow one 4 hr during the day and keep the rest to 3 or less. But now she naps 20mins and is up. This is just awful.

13. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: I am sorry to hear that about short naps. Right now, she only has one long nap a day. Thanks for the help about making sure she doesn't go to long between feeds.

14. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: lol yes, totally lost cause on the hair. We have a Golden Retriever, we're never going to win

@Smurfette: short naps are almost worse than no naps!! Hope she gets stretching for you soon.

March Break is here! All three home. I solo'd all three last night from after school through bedtime last night for the first time and it wasn't too bad. Just before 7, B fell apart (short naps caught up with her!!) and so I had to tell the big kids to read quietly while I got her asleep in my arms, then I sat and read with them. So that delayed bedtime a bit, but they were in bed by 7:20, so not terrible.

Not sure what we'll get up to today, extreme cold weather alert was just issued, so my zoo idea is out.

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

How's everyone doing? We've been quiet the past few days!

16. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Knock on all the wood DD has slept a bit better the past few nights...a couple nights giving a 4 hour stretch followed by a 3 hour stretch. She had a terrible day Friday where she didn't nap much at all and got way overtired/overstimulated and screamed and screamed so I'm really working on her naps. I just put her down to nap in the bedroom for the first time (usually hold her or she naps in the living room) because she's getting more sensitive to noises etc. Not sure how long she'll nap alone but we will see!

17. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

My luck with night sleep seems to have come to an end... she naps fine because she'll sleep no problem in the swing or held, but last night I don't think I got any sleep! Here I was thinking I'd gotten a baby that sleeps the second time around. ...

18. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: Oh no! I'm sorry. I hate when you think they've got something figured out and then they flip it on it's head. I've sort of started having no expectations and then if something goes well it's a pleasant surprise, haha. But not sleeping all night is the worst. Hope you can nap today!

19. snowjewelz

Weekends are always so crazy for us! Plus my toddler wants my phone all the time so I just put it away till I nurse baby to sleep at night.

K's sleep is pretty regular... Goes to bed between 7:30-8:30, gets up between the same time in the morning. She still wakes up twice to eat. I'm totally okay with that... I prefer predictability! I rather expect to feed her twice overnight than to get STTN some nights then other nights up all the time.

Naps are still all over the place. Sometimes she NEEDS to be on the boob to nap. Most of the time she sleeps in my wrap. I go back to work on Wed (depending on how this snow storm goes), I am sooo not ready!

She has been spitting up a lot more... So I don't know if it's something I ate, or just a phase, or what... She also got a cold from her sister so for a few nights from 4am on she couldn't really settle. Had to saline/suck out her nose.

20. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: You are amazing! I technically need to solo 2 for bedtime once week (currently my mom comes to help). But I am not sure what to do! K2 can take anywhere from an hour to 2 hours to sleep), but then K1 goes to bed only half an hour later, so on the nights if baby sister is taking longer, I don't want her to go to sleep much later! Plus she is at the stage where she still needs us to stay in the room with her till she's asleep.

@IRunForFun: I'm glad sleep is getting better!!

@Peasinapod: So far my second is the better sleeper for sure. I think my mom will have to nap train her... Since she's going to daycare when she's 6.5 months!

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

DD slept in the pack n play for 2 hours!!!! Woohoo!!

22. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: woot!

23. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: doing okay here! Seem to be making out okay post time change, too! Naps we are trying for one crib nap a day, one is always in the swing (the best one! Haha) and then the other two are either in car or in arms depending on the day.

@Peasinapod: Yikes!! Hoping for some sleep for you tonight!

@snowjewelz: that sounds amaaaaazing for bedtimes and wakings and morning!! You are my hero for back to work Wednesday, hope it goes as best it can!!!

I still don't mind our later bedtime and number of wakings, she doesn't seem to be ready for pushing her earlier anyways, so good thing I'm content, lol. I was thinking last night though that my other two were in their cribs in their rooms by this age and it's so funny how I have zero interest to get her in her room, she can stay in her bassinet beside me forever

Interested to see what we get for snowstorm, I'd love a solid amount, but sometimes we just get missed where we are.

24. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: So happy sleep is better! I am working on one pack n play nap a day as well. I about had it today until my cat started running around and yowling like a maniac. Animals, whyyyyyyyyy!!

@Peasinapod: I go back and forth on whether or not this one's a good sleeper too! We always get at least a little stretch (2 to 3 hours) at first (was longer earlier!) but I CANNOT get her back down unless I hold her.

@snowjewelz: Weekends with two keep me so busy! Are you for Wednesday pumping/ equipment-wise, if not mentally?

@sunnyday: Love how go with the flow you are in all things

25. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: trying!!! I just am glad I am slowing to enjoy these days if this does turn out to be our last baby!! I was so deer in headlights with my first, trying to conquer the world with second and this time I just take it all as it comes. Enjoying the moments!!

26. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I need to figure out stuffing diapers again, she is leaking through every other diaper, not enough in there I guess.

27. Smurfette

@babypugs: @sunnyday: how do y'all get them to nap anywhere but your arms? She can be dead asleep in my arms and wakes up within 30 mins of putting her down. If she does fall asleep in the swing it is 20-30 mins. Then will fall asleep if I pick her up. If I leave her she rarely will go back asleep but it takes me sitting in front of her for almost an hour.

Also she has been eating way longer the last couple days. I had to go back to feeding on both sides. I hope it is a growth spurt and not that she isn't getting enough.

28. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: B was (and still can be!) like that. Just trying to practice with zero expectations and take the luck when we get it!

I have been putting a heavier blanket over her (not actually heavy, but not lightweight) when in crib and also keeping it between me and her before putting her down so our warmth transfers with her. All a crap shoot, let's be real, haha!

29. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I have to swaddle for naps unless I hold her. Which I hate cause we can't send one to day care.

30. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I literally have no idea how DH got DD to stay asleep in the pnp today. She's still in bed with me every night because I have no luck putting her down, she always wakes up. Today I had rocked her to sleep in my arms on the couch and DH was like, let me take her and put her in the pnp and I told him you can try but she'll wake up. I was shocked she didn't! Then tonight I rocked her to sleep the same way and tried to set her in the pnp and she woke immediately. So now I'm laying next to her in bed...

31. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: with LO1 I would come home from the grocery store and DH would get her to nap by herself for like 20-30 mins( huge for her till 4 months). And now with LO2, I feel like he has better luck. I don't get it.

32. Smurfette

Urg last night was a repeat of last week.

33. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I'm so sorry. We had a bad night too. DD wouldn't settle, she was just so restless. She technically "slept" her usual 2 to 3 hour stretches but was wiggly and grunting and I had to pat her back to comfort her what seemed like every 5 mins. She's fighting napping this morning too.

We are getting slammed with snow and DH's work site closed to non-essential employees but he was deemed essential. Boo. We are supposed to get high winds too so I'm praying the power doesn't go out, because I don't fancy being home in the cold and dark with an infant!

34. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: No idea, never managed it with my first and it's hit or miss this time. I swaddle her (not sure if my daycare allows?!) then walk around bouncing her for about ten minutes. She wakes up a little when I put her down, but if we're successful she'll do her little grunt and squeal thing for a few minutes then pass out.

35. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

I nurse to sleep and hold for awhile then transfer to the crib. Or I'll have her in bed with me awhile and then transfer to the crib. Pretty much she needs to be fairly asleep before i put her in the pack n play.

For naps she's pretty happy in the swing as long as I get her right as she gets tired. Or if I'm out with the toddler she naps well in the Tula.

My biggest set back is I get the baby to sleep for naps and my toddler wakes her up ...

Night sleep was better last night, I think keeling her awake a bit more during the day helped. Sleep does not always equal more sleep I guess...

36. Smurfette

@babypugs: it's against state law to swaddle at day care. At least that is my understanding.
    @Peasinapod: even if I do that, naps 20-30 and wakes up.

37. snowjewelz

@babypugs: I just packed my pumping bag... BLAH! I just have to find my groove doing all that again. I am trying some new supplements for milk this time so I hope I pump a good amount!

@Smurfette: I either put her on her tummy for naps (but sometimes if I put her down the "wrong" way she gets made and wakes up haha), or I swaddle, put on extra blanket AND use something to put on both sides to simulate someone around her haha.

So of course last night it took me 2+ hours to put her down and she had more wakings than usual! My 2 year adjusted to DST beautifully, I guess baby has a tougher time!

38. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

DD actually put herself to sleep laying on the Boppy this morning while I drank my coffee, which was nice!! Woke to nurse and now sleeping on my chest, but I need to put her down so I can go pee! I think she's tired out from not sleeping well last night.

@snowjewelz: LOL at putting her down the "wrong" way. I can't figure out putting DD down! Sometimes she's great and stays fast asleep...sometimes she gets pissed and wakes up. No rhyme or reason!

@Peasinapod: Glad you got better night sleep!!

Do I have the only LO who doesn't like sleeping in the swing? She might stay asleep briefly if she's in a deep sleep already when I put her in it, otherwise, forget it!

39. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: We don't have a swing... We have a mamaroo but never tried putting her in there asleep.

40. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: my first hated the swing we didn't use it at all and I almost didn't bother keeping it. So glad I did since s loves it and I can actually put her in it awake and it puts her to sleep.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee