Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: Bleh. Is she going when you go back to work? But I think they are adaptable and will figure something out! DD1 went todaycare at 10 mo and she learned to fall asleep herself there but we STILL stay with her till she falls asleep at home now, hah!

2. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

S also seems to want to be up for the day at 5am... maybe it's because when I was working and pregnant I woke up at 5:30 for the day.

3. snowjewelz

bump

4. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@babypugs: my first was a very grumpy baby if she was awake. She grew out of it once she could do more. S surprisingly is so easy going, I was in shock she could be awake and I didn't have to be holding her...

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@snowjewelz: I start on the 29th, but she is going on the 28th for like 4 hours. I want to do a trial run for getting us all out of the house and long enough for a feed and naps. LO1 hardly napped cause she wouldn't sleep by herself for naps which then made her up all night cause she was so over tired and just wanted Mommy.

6. Smurfette

@Peasinapod: ouch! That's early!

7. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: daytime, following that sched I try to anticipate her sleep by 10 mins (technically in activity time I guess?) before she is due to go down, and start walking and rocking! Night time she is asleep by the end of nursing, so I get a sleepy burp from her and back down she goes. Bedtime isn't usually as early as last night, just needles equalled extra sleepy! She's usually between 9 and 10pm for bedtime, the 5/530 am wake she usually gets pulled into bed because she tries to be awake sometimes and I won't have any of it, haha!

8. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

My second (DS) was a grumpy baby. He was so hard!

9. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Man. Went to a BFing support group this morning led by my LC and there was so much talk about all the stuff that isn't safe for sleep. It made it seem like it's basically IMPOSSIBLE to create a safe sleep environment. Like rnp isn't safe, swaddles aren't recommended anymore, obviously cosleeping is frowned upon, etc etc. It made me so anxious!! Ugh. As if I wasn't already anxious enough!

In other news we've only done one bottle in the past 24 hours and have been nursing otherwise. Still working on getting a good latch. My nipples are getting a bit sore so I'm keeping on eye on that. I am considering doing a bottle for her before bed just to ensure she gets enough to settle down but we will see. I don't want to compromise my supply further so if I did a bottle for her I'd probably have to pump.

I'm just praying her "witching hour" isn't so bad tonight b/c it nearly killed me last night! She screamed while I cried.

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Not sure on the meds. Some days I think I see a small improvement in reflux symptoms and I don't want to medicate her if it isn't necessary. But then on the rough nights I always tell myself I'll be calling to ask for them in the morning. Lol. Reflux was also discussed at the support group this morning and the LC was saying it can be overdiagnosed and most babies suffer to some extent and grow out of it. I don't know. I'll give it a bit more time.

11. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: I'm so happy nursing is going better! I don't think anyone follows the sleep rules 100%. I try as much as I can but if I did everything perfectly I would never sleep and would probably get in a wreck or something...just gotta do the best you can.

@Peasinapod: I'm looking forward to more activity and less grouchiness!

@sunnyday: My first was a bad sleeper but hair and I think I preferred that! Thanks for the schedule tip.

I hate replying after a page jump- -I always feel like I'm missing things!

12. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I'm so glad that it going better!! Yeah someone is always going to tell you what you are doing is wrong. But clearly she needs to be swaddled and our pedi is pro swaddle so I am sticking with it.
    The witching hour(s) are so tough here too. Plus add a preschooler in there. Mommy cries a lot.

13. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: they also change the guidelines all the time! I think it depends on so many things... There are obvious blatant unsafe things but there is a big gray area. I never heard fish swaddles aren't safe either. I feel comfortable to cosleep wirh both kids so far

14. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: That sounds rough! I don't know how you do it!

@snowjewelz: I hadn't heard swaddling wasn't recommended either. Apparently a risk of overheating? That kind of seems like a common sense issue though, since you obviously control number of layers and room temp. My pedi actually recommended the rnp because of the reflux issues so...

15. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I don't either most nights. But I don't have a choice. It is a good thing I am not eating dairy or I would be gaining weight on bowls of ice cream each night!

16. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: RnP aren't even legal in Canada! I have seen one in real life, lol!

So if swaddles are out, what is the safe way these days? Funny my first two wouldn't have anything to do with swaddle! B loves it, its like a drug....swaddle.....and asleep. But I am working on arms out up lately to not be swaddle dependant.

17. Smurfette

Not only has her sleep gone to total shit, I gained weight this week. I've been watching my carbs, eating lettuce and chicken for dinner, and walking more every day.

18. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: what?! no RnPs? That is probably the most popular product ever! DD1 didn't like it tho and I have never tried to lay DD2 in it for sleep. Yeah I'm pretty sure DD1 was out of a swaddle at this point already! I have the arms up version that we might switch to next...

19. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Don't check! I don't care how much I weight; I just want to fit into my old pants! Right now I can squeeze my thighs in, but the muffin top is outta control! And I just drank a chocolate shake...

20. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: well that is the problem, nothing fits me.

21. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: I am going to have to check my uniform pants. I fit my jeans, no problem, but I wear low rise. In addition, we are going on vacation right before I end maternity leave, so I need to do so soon.

22. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: @snowjewelz: I actually ordered a rock n play off Amazon for my first lo not realizing they weren't sold in Canada. Unfortunately I'm a total worry wart so when I saw it's not recommended to use for night sleep I didn't use it.

For those who don't swaddle how do you keep your lo's hands warm? Maybe we keep our house too cold but when I don't swaddle I feel like s gets cold! I'd rather not since she doesn't seem to need it and I don't want her to start needing it..

23. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: I wonder about the cold hands thing too! I haven't been swaddling LO because she doesn't seem to like it and her hands always feel cold at night. We keep the house at 68 and she's in a sleeper. I actually ended up bringing a space heater into the bedroom and turning it to 70 for nights because I was worried about it. One night I tried putting those mittens that are meant to keep them from scratching on her but she hates those. I really don't have a good solution!

@snowjewelz: I have a question for you about that silicone hands-free pump thingy now that I'm trying to nurse again. I typically nurse her cross-cradle on the Boppy. I can't picture how I'd stick that thing on and have it hang there without the Boppy or her body getting in the way. How do you usually nurse?

24. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: lol yes, they're definitely illegal in Canada! I remember being in here (well, weddingbee back in the day!) and hearing everyone talk about them thinking they were a "norm" piece of gear, but I couldn't find them anywhere! I can't remember how I figured out the legal part, and I definitely remember how I was like "well how will she sleep" based on how dependent some seemed to be on them, lol we survived!

Had my second pelvic floor Physio today, just gotta keep at the relaxation exercises and strengthening stuff, lots of work to be done, bleh!

My appetite is finally back, i inhaled a huge dinner tonight.

B is such a ham, her smirks and smiles and cackles are just too fun, I could stare at her all day. One more day and I have the whole house home for March Break! Not exactly excited as I like my quiet, lol.

25. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: socks on hands?

26. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

DD fought naps all day and basically just cat-napped, till she passed out cold at 4 pm and slept till 7:15 when I finally woke her. This will be an interesting night...

27. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: DD is out cold on me right now since nursing at 7, and I'm like....do I put her down down? She's so cozy on me, didn't really nap while I was at appt, but definitely hasn't had any bedtime routine, lol.

28. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: naps have been crap here too.

29. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I nurse the same... once it auctions on it's fairly sturdy and it usually kinda rests on her leg. I do have to check it once on a while... sometimes it moves without me noticing and I have "lost" some milk (barely any). I consistently make 1 4oz bottle everyday (sometimes more sometimes less).

30. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: DD1 didn't like the rnp so we just use it for short bursts during the day when I have to put them down for bathroom or something!

31. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: these silicone things seem to be all the rage lately! I haven't gotten one, but I'm thinkinnnifnindidnfrom the get go it may have collected more milk than my pump!

32. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Did you at least have a good night?

@snowjewelz: Thanks! I think I'll have to invest in one.

DD did a 3 hour stretch to start last night, which is good for her. BUT the damn dog started barking like a maniac about 2 hours into it and wouldn't stop so I went to check on him. He just wanted to run around the yard. I wanted to kill him. It didn't wake LO up but woke me up and I had trouble going back to sleep. Then around 1 am I'd nursed her on both sides and she was still being fussy and acting hungry but refusing to latch and I was getting so frustrated, so DH took her and let me sleep 5 hours. He gave her 2 small bottles in that time. I was so engorged when I woke up I had to pump a bit but she nursed fine this morning. She is wanting to nurse pretty frequently but I am hoping it's just because she's still adjusting to boob vs bottle and that soon she'll get more efficient and go longer between feeds. Trying to be patient...

33. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Haha, I deal with murderous rages against the dogs on a regular basis. I love them, but damn, they sure know the worst times to bark!

I've been working harder on getting LO to take a bottle. We had a nightmare situation with my first DD when she wouldn't take one for a month after I returned to work and never fully took to it, so I started early this time. Until yesterday DD2 just sort of played with but didn't outright reject the bottle, but yesterday she drank a full ounce! More playing today but I feel like it's a positive step.

34. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Your last post cracked me up-- posting while nursing?

35. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: I was always like "Oh I won't be one of those people who has less time and patience for their dog after the baby comes!" And last night I was like "You're going to the pound!"

36. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: no. Worse. I gave up at 11:30 and brought her to bed with me. She wanted to be right next to me all night. She didn't eat till 5. Then she wasn't even crying, just woke up so I went ahead and fed her. I think she would be STTN if she could figure out her sleep cycles.
    I have a feeling we are just going to have to let her cry in a couple weeks/month when she is a little older. although I have no clue how I will survive.

37. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: It does!! I was so discouraged with DD1 b/c when I pumped it was that little and I have to squeeze out time to do it. And when I go back to work next week and pump, I can still do this at night/weekends to help. The one I bought was only $10USD and it's literally the best piece of gear I have ever gotten!

@IRunForFun: There's always a leap/growth spurt somewhere too... I know its SO hard when you're exhausted and I remember just not looking fwd to night time b/c I'd never know if I'd get to sleep or not. It WILL get better! Either on her own or with your help! I mean, I have no idea how I endured 6-7 months of not STTN with DD1! I guess it was easier since she slept right next to me so nursing her MOTN was easy.

38. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Oh I totally was like that with my dog. My dog was my life before DD1! But she is older, and has health problems, so I get frustrated with her a lot and she def gets yelled at more often and get less love I mean we still treat her super well and love on her but she is no longer the center!

39. snowjewelz

@babypugs: K drank 3 oz yesterday.. DH said she was annoyed tho. DD1 was super annoying about the bottle too! I actually realized we need to start giving more bottles since I go back next Wed!

40. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Ugh, sorry sleep has turned so rough. I will definitely let this baby do a little Ferberization earlier than I did with my first. It was so life changing!

@snowjewelz: Next Wednesday, whatttttt! How are we already going back to work

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee