Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Mrs. Toad: how are things going with the newborn and 2 year old? I can't remember if you said you were keeping your older one in daycare?

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: @babypugs: we are losing the battle. She isn't settling back to sleep unless in bed with us around 530.
    @Peasinapod: she took it from the beginning. My first LO wouldn't take one. I would just try and try to get her to take it if you want her to. But I will say I'm not sure they are worth it.

3. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: We ended up going to the doc Thursday. She is still coughing, congestion has taken over. We have a humidifier going, elevated her bassinet, and bathing every night to loosen things up. She is sleeping well now thankfully, so hopefully it passes soon!!

We had a fam get together yesterday and she stayed with me or DH, everyone got to "just look". She wasn't nursing well and so I hid in a bedroom and just let her lay and relax for some quiet time too, was worried about overstimulating her.

She's napping on me now, I'm sipping warm tea. DH making pancakes for the big kids. Love lazy Sundays.

4. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

DH took care of DD all night so I could sleep. Went to bed at 10 and got up to pump at 2:45 and he said she was doing well and he was fine with her. Got up again at 6:45 and he was like "OMG she's so fussy and wiggly and I'm so frustrated." Yeah, welcome to my life! I got to sleep like 6 or 7 hours though.

5. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: DD only started taking a pacifier and sometimes keeping it in around 3.5 weeks. She's a little better at keeping it in now and it does soothe her sometimes, but when she's reallllly fussy and I'm trying to do something, like eat, I occasionally have to hold it in with one hand...

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

How were everyone's weekends??

I caught up on sleep. I took 2 naps Saturday and DH handled the baby both nights, so I only woke up to pump. It's nice to go into the week a little refreshed (tho still tired!)

I called the pedi this morning about the possible dairy sensitivity and they're having me come in tomorrow and bring a diaper from Saturday. DD is finally up to 8 lbs now though! She was 8 lbs 1.5 ozs yesterday. (We have a scale.)

Weather is relatively nice here so hoping to get out for a stroller walk soon.

7. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: Aww, I hope they have better news! Maybe it's not as bad as you think? But either way tough to deal with! 6-7 hours is great!! Glad you got some rest! And I know, I want to scream whenever DH complains lol. I'm like, really dude, really?!

@Peasinapod: DD1 didn't take one till later on too, after 3 months? I think after she started taking a bottle regularly she also took a paci. Right now DD2 makes a face and gags when ig I've her a paci haha! So my plan is to just keep introducing till she takes it.

8. snowjewelz

@babypugs: Yeah, I told DH/my mom that they will just have to somehow figure it out when I'm at work. I've been gone for short periods; she basically takes 40 min naps if she's being held or put down.

9. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Pretty good! DH started yet another project sooo less help with the kids than I would have liked, but he's just helping in his own way. I'm enjoying the peace of having just the house to myself (and baby) today. I hope you get good news at the doc tomorrow, keep us updated.

@snowjewelz: I got a twenty minute swing nap today! Minor victories

We've all caught another round of colds! Joy.

10. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: let us know what the pedi says! Jealous of your sleep. Last night was bad bad bad over here. DH left this morning too.

11. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: I'm sorry. How long is he gone for?

12. Smurfette

@babypugs: He usually gets home around Thursday 7:30ish. It was just so nice to have him home last week. Solo parenting of two has been way harder then I thought.

13. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: That's so rough. I hope LO decides to give you a really good night tonight, and an easy week!!!

@babypugs: Colds again? You poor things can't catch a break with the illness!

@snowjewelz: @babypugs: I'm just letting DD nap on her belly on the boppy during the day now when I can keep my eye on her. It's the only way she'll consistently nap for a long time! 60 to 90 mins!

14. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Hmm, good idea. Mine still freaks on her belly---I think not being able to do tummy time early on because of her collarbone screwed us! I'm going to keep trying

15. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I am sorry! Solo-ing two is definitely hard! I had to let DD2 cry on Sunday while I quickly put DD1 to nap. They both pooped, both were hungry, both needed to sleep.. I only have two hands people!

@IRunForFun: I need to start putting her down for belly naps too! Totally fine since someone can always keep an eye on her and you need a break!

So I'm trying to figure out why some days it takes me close to 3 hours to put her to sleep, and some days she is out within the hour. Her sleeping patterns during the day still varies, so I have to keep trying different things...

I asked my to come tomorrow to watch her b/c I need to get out and run some errands and I really need to start handing her off for naps no matter how short they become. Ugh that means I need to bust out the pump!

16. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: That is a really long week. Do you have any family nearby?

17. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: I don't even know if doing tummy time made her like it...she seemed to prefer her belly since birth!

@snowjewelz: I can't figure out DD's schedule or preferences at all! Some nights she'll do 3 hours in the rnp, some nights 1 hour, some nights none. I don't know what differs!

We went to the pedi this morning and she said I definitely need to cut dairy and that she's having some reflux. She wants to see if cutting dairy helps the reflux but if it isn't better in a week we will start Zantac and look at cutting soy. She also gave me some Nutrimagen samples, which, if I had to cut soy too, I'd probably just switch to formula.

18. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Aww. At least there are tangible ways to help her! I do hope just cutting out diary will help! Here's to hoping she will start sleeping better and longer once you are able to treat the sensitivity and/or reflux! I'm pretty sure K is just gassy and sadly will have to wait for her to grow out of it...

19. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: it can take up to a month for dairy to clear your body and hers. Just an FYI. Sorry you have to deal with that and reflux too!
    @snowjewelz: babies are so hard to deal with! I can't figure mine out either.
    @babypugs: my parents are 45 mins away but I just have to deal cause it is my new normal. DH travels most weeks. Really it is only bad in the evenings which is like 2-3 hours before LO1 is in bed.

I used a regular swaddle last night, been using the Love to Dream swaddle. Ate at 8, asleep at 9:15, up at 9:45, then finally back asleep 11, slept till 2, no grunting!, then back down no issues. Slept till 7 with one paci replacement. So much better!

I can't figure out her nursing. She comes off and on all the time. Trying block feeding and that isn't helping either. Like she doesn't want to eat most times.

20. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: thats so funny! she hates the normal swaddle me swaddles but loves the love to dream!

21. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: well she didn't seem comfortable in the swaddle me's so we bought the Love to Dream. But I guess she would move her hands and it was waking her up. Granted last night could have been a fluke. Using a Halo sleep sack/swaddle now.

22. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: hey its worth a try! I think she didn't like the swaddle me cause it's so tight and has zero freedom haha!

23. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: I was thinking of trying one of the Love to Dreams because I don't think DD likes the Halo swaddles. It seems like she strains against them. But then again the straining/grunting may just be reflux, so who knows. I actually haven't swaddles her in a while since you're not supposed to swaddle while co-sleeping.

24. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

I think I jinxed myself about the long boppy naps. She won't nap at all today! She will fall asleep here and there for 15 mins at a time but otherwise awake and fussy. Ugh.

25. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I have the flu aches, chills, sweats, perma headache. Argh. Today was hell. DH staying home tomorrow.

I ate a dinner w lots of dairy last night and she is definitely paying today, I wasn't thinking.

26. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Is she in a wonder week? Will she sleep on you?
    @sunnyday: oh no!!

Why don't these babies realize dairy, aka cheese and ice cream, are amazing!

27. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Oh no!!! Feel better!! Good that DH is able to stay home.

@Smurfette: Oh man! Yes I just checked she's in her first wonder week. Or her first leap or whatever. Gah! She's been awake SO much today and I know she's tired. I am desperately hoping she sleeps tonight.

28. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: whoops, totally did not know that. She has been sleeping next to me swaddled!

@IRunForFun: they are just crazy. she napped poorly all day and def had witching hour from like 4 to 7 but then went down easy tonight. Sleep begets sleep never works on my kids!! And she was like a drug addict with my boob during these said hours...

@sunnyday: Oh no! I hope you feel better! I wonder where you caught it from... Hope the kids stay safe!!

29. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: I didn't know about the swaddle thing either until I posted a question in a local mom's FB group and everyone said it and then I researched it.

DD finally passed out around 7:15 last night and slept a 4 hour stretch but stupid me was anticipating her waking up any minute and didn't try to sleep till 10:30. But we have something like this incline sleeper below and I ended up putting that on the bed next to me and swaddling her and putting her down on that and she actually slept 3 (albeit short) stretches on it without needing much patting or shushing. Now if she could stop waking up every 2 to 3 hours!

30. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Hoping her stretches will lengthen for you as she gets older!

This one def sleeps better than her sister. Day time is the tough one; even wrapped up her naps are short now. I guess in a way I feel better since it's not like she sleeps better wrapped up against me vs anyone else holding her! The other hard thing is just not knowing when she goes down within the hour or when she decides it will take 3 hrs! I have so many things I need to do after bed time so it's hard to plan!

I am tired of talking about sleep, haha! But sleeping and eating are their world right now!

31. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I'm so over sleep. She is exhausted but current swaddled in the swing but won't close her eyes. Just looking all around. She has been up since 7 and only took maybe 20 min in the car. Trying to get her asleep is as exhausting as the wake ups.

How long does everyone's LO nurse for? Trying block feeding and she will eat for only 7 mins and won't take either side. Then other times she eats for 12 mins. I think I have the one baby that isn't boob obsessed. So different from her sister!

32. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I have a boob lover! Easily 20 min to get at least 2 let downs, each side. She must be going through a growth spurt bc she has been attached to my boob.. Like right now!

33. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: 20 mins each side? I can't feel my letdown.

34. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I haven't been nursing much but when I do it's one side only, she'll usually nurse for 6 to 7 mins, rest and burp, then another 5 or so mins.

35. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Yeah up to 20 min each side. My initial letdowns are always a little painful! I used to not feel subsequent ones but with her I can. She will actually eat, then use me to pacify, then eat again.. She just loves to be on the boob

36. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: wow! 40 mins is a long time.
    @IRunForFun: have your nipples healed?

37. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Not all the time.. But she can go up to that.

38. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: They're allllmost healed!

39. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

40. Smurfette

@sunnyday: oh no! I hope it passes quick

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee