Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Have you started the other med for reflux or are you still doing the Zantac?

DD only took cat naps today and she just fell asleep nursing. I am going to have to wake her up soon since it's 6 pm but I feel so bad!

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Bump

3. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Ugh, well, that 1.5 ounces was all she took and she hardly napped... and this was with my mom! Sooo dreading next week with daycare. Poor baby

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: no, we didn't pick it up since it was $100. I think she is doing better. Mine only took cat naps today. 4 all day, whomp whomp

@babypugs: aww poor girl. She doesn't like bottles

LO drank all her bottles today. She only went 2 hour between two. I need to ask if they think she wants 5ozs. I don't want to send it and her not drink it and it gets tossed.

5. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Just like her sister. These babies are seriously going to give me a stress induced heart attack or something. I really hope your daughter figures her naps out soon, that is so stressful.

6. Smurfette

@babypugs: we had to do boot camp the weekend before LO1 started day care. Why won't these babies do what we need them too?

7. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

You guys!! DD slept from 9:30 to 4:30 and then 6 to 9:30 last night!!!! I am in shock!!

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@IRunForFun: you must feel like a new women!? Sounds great 👍

9. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Pumuckl: Sort of! You know that phenomenon where sometimes when you get a lot of sleep you feel MORE tired? Also she's going on 3 hrs 45 mins of a nap right now (broken up by one nursing session) so I'm not thinking she'll sleep that much tonight!!

10. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: 🎉🎉🎉🎉

11. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@IRunForFun: haha, yeah I know that feeling although I haven't experienced in a while

12. Smurfette

Clogged duct and it hurts so bad. Also baby is all congested. Boo!

13. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: That's incredible!

14. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh no on both counts! I hope you can clear the duct quickly!!

@babypugs: It was!!

She didn't do as well last night but not bad either. Slept a 5 hour stretch and then woke but didn't want to eat, just needed soothing, then did a 3 hour stretch, ate, and did a 2.5 hour stretch.

15. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: oh no, hope it clears soon! And poor baby. My two are finally a little less congested. We'll see for how long...

@IRunForFun: that doesn't sound too shabby! Hope she'll keep at it

16. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: Turning a corner! Woohoo!

@Smurfette: Ouch! Hope yo can get it unclogged soon! And baby congestion is the worst! K2 had it, and she hated getting her nose sucked out with the nose frida! But she also couldn't breathe without!

I'm def feeling the effects of leap 4.... She usually could sleep for a long time wrapped up, but this weekend she still had pretty short naps. Thankfully night time sleep isn't too affected, but I think she is getting up more.

17. Smurfette

Clog is gone thankfully. Poor baby is congested last two nights have been pretty bad sleep wise.
    @snowjewelz: Oh she hate it too. I am dreading leap 4. it is so long.

18. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I know! So far thankfully I haven't seen anything other than short naps, for now....

19. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: we already have short naps!

20. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Clogged duct, noooo! I haven't fully cleared mine from last week, they are so annoying! Re: congested, my ped suggested doing the saline at the start of EVERY diaper change and the NoseFrida at the end. It really helped.

@snowjewelz: What leap app do you use?

21. Smurfette

@babypugs: I took some Lecithin and I think it helped. I am going to keep taking one a day so hopefully I don't get more. I don't use the saline, should I? I wish they could do it at day care.
    Wonder week app!

22. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: The saline makes a huge difference for us! It really helps get things "flowing" before the snot sucking. Sounds revolting but...gotta do what you gotta do!

23. Smurfette

@babypugs: ok, I will pick some up tonight. I am so annoyed. Insurance wouldn't fill her reflex meds till today. Such a pain. The weekend pick up would have been much easier.

24. snowjewelz

@babypugs: Wonder weeks as well!

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: When does leap 4 start? Sorry for the short naps. Those are crazy making!!

@Smurfette: Glad the duct cleared! I'm having some soreness in the same area I had one before so I am hoping it doesn't clog. Booo on congestion. Is she sick or is it just random? Why wouldn't they refill the meds?

DD slept 6 hours then 2 hours then 2.5 hours last night. Hooray! She's super fussy this morning though and I'm not sure why. Her poops were back to normal then yesterday she had some green mucousy ones...can't figure out what I ate that could have caused it!

Beautiful weather here today. We are headed to the store to get stuff for grilling and then to Target.

26. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Cause they won't fill it till it has been exactly 30 days. Eye roll. What if we were out of town? I wonder if it is just your normal I started day care cold It could be old dairy working it's way out still.

27. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Per app they start around 14.5 weeks and lasts till 19.5 weeks.

28. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Ohhh I hate that about th insurance, especially when it's a medication you are clearly not going to abuse, so why can't you get it ahead of time? Lame. Hope DD feels better!

@snowjewelz: That is a super long one!!

29. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@babypugs: this is actually what our pedi recommended to do, saline and then suck. Also to not suck too often because it can cause swelling

@Smurfette: So weird about the refill policy

30. snowjewelz

How was everyone's night!

Nothing much to report here! I am loving DD's shrieks and laughs... She is so loud and animated! I couldn't really pin down an exact date she laughed b/c it started as just one "laugh" and then suddenly she just started doing ha, haa, haaa! and then haha!

I think we're not putting her on the floor enough. She barely does tummy time but she sits in her little FP seat so she holds her head up quite well there. Last night she just sat there watching us eat dinner. But we prob need to let her just lay on the floor more to learn to roll at some point.

31. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: DD's night was OK. She was in the crib for a nearly 7 hour stretch but she does this thing I call the "wake up fake out" where she will stir and let out a cry or two but then just when you're ready to go get her she falls asleep again. And she repeats it every few mins for like an hour. So I didn't go to sleep until about 2.5 hours into her stretch and laid awake the last hour thinking she was about to be up. So frustrating!!

I can't wait for giggles! I think DD might be getting close. She will do one little shriek noise when she's got a big smile. I keep trying to get her to laugh!

Do you have the FP sit me up floor seat? I have a gift card to Babies R Us I want to use to get that. Maybe I'll get out there today because I also need to get a shower gift.

I am soooo sick of spit up. I had to change my shirt 4x yesterday. This morning she projectile spit up while laying on her back on her playmat and it went up her nose, causing her to choke, gag and puke more. Gah.

32. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Now you now! I often am so impatient too and don't want to wait around for her to settle down b/c then I can't sleep either wondering if she'll end up needing me!

And yes that's the one I have! I chose that over bumbo since I read that sometimes they're legs get too fat for it. Plus I liked that the FP's back is a little higher so she can kind of rest her head against it if needed. Only "annoying" thing is that the bottom plastic part is long; but it's not a big deal to me.

33. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I put that seat together last night. She liked it so far. And I hear you on spit up.

We had a weight check today. She only gained 8zs in 3 weeks. But the pedi said she thinks she just has a small frame and is going to be a peanut. She said that she isn't worried, she looks healthy, has rolls, etc. I sent 5oz bottles to day care today, so hopefully that will help for her 4 month appointment. Well if she drinks it all. She is spitting up so much lately, it didn't surprise me she didn't gain as much. I swear each feed is an oz at least.

34. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: It's good that dr isn't worried! Mine doesn't drink 4 oz most of the time and my mom said lately she has to split up 4 oz and she'll only take 2 oz, refuse for a while, then maybe drink the rest of it...

35. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: Just put together the seat for DD. She seems to like it although mostly she's intent on getting the toys into her mouth.

Anyone elses LO putting everything in thwir mouth already? I thought we'd have a while before that but she wants to put her toys, books, burp cloths, etc in her mouth.

36. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: yep... anything she can hold onto she puts it in her mouth!

37. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Nope. She just wants her paci and when that isn't around, her hands work.

38. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: That's interesting - and good - that your doctor isn't concerned. I've been trying not to weigh DD at home as much so I don't obsess over it but I do worry about her gain. I weighed her yesterday and if it was accurate she would only have gained 4 oz in 13 days. We don't have a 3 month well visit but I might see if I can bring her for a weight check. She did start eating from both boobs in one feed for the first time today so I'm hoping that helps her out.

39. snowjewelz

DD def didn't sleep well last night! I vaguely remember being up a lot. I am thinking about moving her out of the arms up swaddle... She seems to struggle to self soothe. She isn't rolling yet but I should probably reconfigure my bed to make it safer for in case she rolls in her sleep!

40. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I am dreading stopping the swaddle. It is a major sleep cue to her. I am starting to not do it as tight to prep her. She scoots herself every night in the crib and ends up sideways. I don't know how she does it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee