Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: I gave up on the videos after day 2. I got a cold and then just didn't get up the motivation to start again. I like that it's only 20min but unfortunately S is still so unpredictable that even 20min is a lot to expect undisturbed .

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Bump?

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Uggh must be the leap and/or sleep regression has hit... Was up so many times last night! The sad thing is, I think I'm so used to less sleep since DD1 that I don't even feel that tired. I think I'm gonna need to do some gentle sleep training when she's 5-6 months tho!

4. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: I can't find motivation again for the life of me. All talk, no action. Apparently clothes not fitting is not enough motivation. I've been wearing the same two (spandex) pants for months.

B has a cold. Tough night. She is napping on me now, her cough had a "whoop" last night and I wanted to go to hospital. DH thinks I was over reacting. No whoop today, just congested and runny nose and definitely not herself.

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@sunnyday: oh I hope you are/were just overreacting. My LO is so congested, just at night though. She was up at 4:45 this morning, wide awake, and so stuffy. Poor girls.

@snowjewelz: I think the first night of no sleep is the easiest. After a week it catches up to you. Hopefully it was just a one night thing.

6. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: haha, you bursted my bubble!

7. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh no!! I hope it was just a one-off.

@sunnyday: That's scary, poor B! Glad she is sounding better today though.

@Smurfette: Awww poor P. C has been super congested lately overnight...she doesn't have a cold so I don't know why, but I have to suck her nose every morning.

I'm pumped, managed to exercise 6 days in a row! Just did a 4 mile walk with the stroller and C slept the whole time.

8. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: sounds like our girls have the same thing. If you figure out what it is let me know. Yay to working out! I started weight watchers this week.

9. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: I've been trying to just squeeze little bursts of exercise in every day (push-ups sit-ups squats that sort of stuff) so hopefully once I can get back into it I won't be starting from square one.

10. Smurfette

Well sleep has taken a fast turn downhill over here. One, she wants the swaddle to sleep, but is getting her hands up at the top. Two, she is so congested just at night. I don't get an snot before bed with the freida. But she is so stuffy when she wakes up.

Hope everyone has a great Easter!

11. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Sleep doesn't exist here. Her cold is wrecking sleep. Like walking halls for 3-4 hours a night with no more than one hour stretches.

She just had a monster crib nap hour 45 minutes....on her tummy!!! I checked her what felt like every 5 seconds, can tell she slept great.

Stuffy nose has wrecked any good nursing, definitely no side laying (in bed!) lots of frustration as she can't breathe. No paci either, omg.

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Ugh that sucks on the sleep!! What is up with the congestion?? DD is the same way, just overnight, she sounds like a little piggy when she wakes up and snorts. I am wondering if it isn't affecting her sleep as much because she sleeps on her belly, though.

Cute little bunny butt!

@sunnyday: Oh man. Poor B and poor you. I hope she feels better soon so you can all get some sleep! She looked so happy in the pic on Insta!

DD is doing some sort of nursing strike thing. At first it was just my right boob and now it's both. She will latch for a second and then pull off and refuse to go back on. I've tried every different position, tried pumping first so my let down isn't too fast, etc, and nothing is working. It is breaking my heart because I worked soooo hard to be able to BF. I keep trying but we've had to do quite a few bottles the past few days.

13. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I hope she is nursing better! I put the crib wedge back in tonight to see if that helps.

14. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

So sorry to hear so many of the babies are currently congested. Hope they all feel better soon. I have resorted to giving every other feed by bottle when they are really congested because it feels as though they have an easier time then.

15. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: yes! Thankfully still so happy, except when boogers are being wiped or cleared, lol. I'm super paranoid her awake time in the night while congested will turn into habit once not congested!!

Two amazing tummy naps yesterday and one right now. I put her to bed on tummy last night, DH and I agreed we weren't comfortable leaving her there so I turned her when I went to bed (8:45, lol!) and after about 45 mins of fighting it, she slept til 12:50 and then the rest of the night was hell, lol.

I'm going to attempt a small workout today! I brought up some non preg, non spandex pants from our basement yesterday to attempt to wear something different for Easter and I'm not even fitting things I have that are three sizes up from normal size me, I was mortified. I need to hang the pants on my kitchen cupboards, haha! I wore my usual one of two pairs of spandex pants and a different top and my son said I looked like a princess....haha I'll take it!

Hope everyone had a good Easter that celebrates it! Everyone home here today for Easter Monday, back to normal tomorrow.

16. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I'm with you on the clothes. My hips are so freaky wide I can't fit into anything. Getting dressed is the worse part of my day. If she didn't have her dairy issues I would have stopped nursing so I could focus on losing weight. It is really bothering me and makes me so unhappy. I hate that I don't feel comfortable in my own skin right now. Or I have to ignore 90% of my closet.

17. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Don't give up! When DD1 got used to the bottle, she totally had a nursing strike. It was SO annoying to deal with (I had to pump after she kept refusing) but just hang in there and keep offering and hopefully for whatever reason she's refusing, it will pass!

@Smurfette: Ugh congestion is such a sleep killer! I hope it's short lived! Btw, you looked great with the girls! I know we're our own worse critics when it comes to our bodies!

@sunnyday: Bleh I feel you on the clothes! I live in leggings/jeggings and I bought a bunch of new shirts

Karis giggled over the weekend; so cute! And I'm having a lot of fun watching her hold out her hand to grab onto the o-ball, then bring it up, then use her other hand to hold onto it too, then try to shove it in her mouth! And she's been kicking her legs up so maybe rolling is in the near future? I hope not though... Not ready for that!!

I put her in the zipadee zip and she seems okay with it. Tho she has still been waking up more often at night....

18. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: Thanks. Spanx are a miracle worker. It was also a maternity/nursing dress. I can't wait for giggles.

She pretty much rolls over every time we put her down for tummy time. Like nope Mom I can get out of this now.

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Sounds like B likes sleeping on her tummy! Hopefully she'll roll soon so you can leave her.

@Smurfette: Did the crib wedge help last night? You looked gorgeous in your Easter pic yesterday!!

@snowjewelz: The weird part is she fights the bottle, too. I mean eventually she'll take it but she fusses a lot first. Yay for giggles! I can't WAIT for that!!

Yesterday afternoon I put DD down in the crib on her belly for a nap and a few mins later heard her crying, checked the monitor and she was on her back! I didn't see her roll but somehow she managed it. I watched her on the monitor a while longer and she was trying really hard to get back to her belly, but couldn't figure it out. Of course she never went back to napping.

She nursed OK MOTN and first thing this morning...she seems to nurse best when drowsy and side lying. But that doesn't work the rest of the day! I hope she gets back to normal soon so I can stop stressing over it.

20. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Haha! Mine still hates tummy time; she'll just start yelling at us and then give up!

@IRunForFun: Omg with DD1 I don't know what happened but at some point she would only nurse laying down! I hope that's not the case!

21. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: She woke up at 2 something to eat. Then was up once or twice for her paci. So it was better then the night before. But she also turned herself so she wasn't on the incline part. She only turns herself when the wedge is in. So I don't know if it helps or not. I couldn't sleep most of the night, so I am so tired today. Thanks! Y'all are to kind. Luckily P was hiding my hip in the picture. Hopefully she learns to roll back to belly soon!

22. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Ha, yeah, it's really inconvenient! This weekend we were with the ILs Saturday and my family yesterday, so luckily they were fine with me going to a bedroom to lay down and feed her but it's like...that won't always be possible out and about!

@Smurfette: Oh man it's awful when they're sleeping and you can't. I hope tonight is even better!

23. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I know, with DD1 we had to time our outings, or I had to pump before/after b/c she refused to nurse any other way....

24. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Awww, bunny!

@sunnyday: I'm sorry sleep has gone downhill. Congestion ruins everything!

@sunnyday: @Smurfette: @snowjewelz: My clothes aren't fitting either, but (and seriously this is not a brag, it's not good!) it's because I've lost too much. I'm not even hitting 100 at 5'6" anymore and I'm starting to get worried. I just can't keep weight on and I feel like I look disgusting. Not sure if it's worth checking with the doctor.

My LO has stopped rolling, darn! At least I know she can.

25. Smurfette

@babypugs: Well I have plenty I could give you if I could. Have you tried adding more fats to your diet, olive oil, avocado, french fries (really cause if I could I would eat them every day)? I would probably call.

26. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: holy crap. 5'6'' and under 100lbs? I would get checked for sure, I mean "good problem" to have, im only a couple inches taller and could not imagine! Hope it's nothing!

I just did a Jillian Michaels. B watched me the whole time, DH is outside playing street hockey with the older two. My dog tried to drop tennis balls on me or B the whole time so one of us would throw the ball for him, lol.

Now I need to get good food into me to fill me before the junk cravings happen!

27. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: Oh wow 100 lbs at 5'6"? Yeah, that's thin! Maybe it'd be worth a panel to test thyroid function and such?

I thought I was having an issue at dropping below 100 but I'm only 5'1". I will say I've been eating a ton of avocado, nuts, nut butters, cooking in oil, etc because I was worried about my supply if I lost too much and I think I've put about 2 lbs back on...

ETA: And I'd def be doing full fat dairy if I could have dairy!

28. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

I'm still trying to exercise a bit every day but I've given in to my larger size for now. Ordered some loose tops for nursing / not feeling tubby in and I will live in leggings for now. I know with dd1 around 1 year when I wasn't nursing as much is when the last 10 pounds disappeared so I don't want to do anything durastic now that might affect supply. My goal is less jiggly rather than original size / weight.

S is so bad about tummy time. She's such a happy baby unless you put her on her tummy then within 30 seconds she cries. So of course I'm terrible about pushing her to do it. I do a lot of baby wearing so I'm not too worried about flat head more just she's not developing arm / neck muscles.

29. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@babypugs: I would go to the doctor if I were you. I'm 5'6 and before I got pregnant had dropped to 109 still don't know why, I was eating normal but just kept dropping weight. My pregnancy helped and I haven't had the same issue afterwards. All this to say I know it's a legitimate problem to have when you can't keep weight on and there might be another issue at play.

30. snowjewelz

@babypugs: Maybe ask them to check your thyroid? I think that is what messes with people's weight often and not easily detected as the cause! Hugs... I know weight going the other way is not good either!

31. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: @sunnyday: @IRunForFun: @Peasinapod: @snowjewelz: Thanks guys, it's good to hear some confirmation that it needs to be addressed! I'm going to make an appointment. I guess this is a GP issue rather than a gyn issue?

32. Smurfette

@babypugs: I probably would go to my GP.

33. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Ugh DD's nursing issues are getting worse. This morning she just screamed and screamed even while side lying. We have a 3 month weight check appt this afternoon so I'm going to ask the doctor about it. Wondering if she may have something going on in one ear because it smells a little funky and DH said she had some build up in it. But maybe I'm just desperate for an easy answer.

34. snowjewelz

@Peasinapod: I'm not too worry about lack of tummy time since she sits in her chair and also she holds/turns her head pretty well when we hold her to look around! Tummy time is overrated IMO haha!

@IRunForFun: Hey, never underestimate mom instinct! At least they can check everything out today. I'm sorry nursing has been so hard

35. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Man, so tough. Ears totally could be the issue, my first was miserable with infections from an early age. Hope you get some answers.

36. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Welp, DD has an ear infection. She started the nursing refusal and ear batting over a week ago and now I feel sooooo bad. She had no cold, no fever, and I just didn't think of it. I thought playing with her ear was a sleep cue for her. Both drum and canal infected. The pedi said it could be caused by reflux and now wants to try Prevacid but we need to get prior authorization from insurance.

I have so much guilt right now.

37. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Awww big hugs I wouldn't have expected an ear infection either. I barely could tell when my toddler had it! I am GLAD that you did find out now and she can be on her way to feeling better and hopefully nursing again!

38. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: do not feel guilty at all. LO1 never had signs of an infection at all. Until her ear drum would burst (she was over 12M when that started, got tubes at 21m). Now you know what to look for. This whole parenting gig is a learning game. Hugs. All that matters now is you know what is going on and getting her back to feeling better and nursing normal. I hope your insurance will cover the Prevacid.

So last night, LO was on the newborn lounger on the couch, while I went to do a couple things. All of sudden I hear LO1 say Mommy LO2 is doing something. I run in there and she is half of it, luckily backwards. No clue how she was pushing herself off. So we are retiring that. Then she was rolling on her side from her back. So I did the swaddle looser. That was a disaster. Took her a long time to get in a deep sleep. Then was at midnight screaming with both hands out. I swaddled her, fed her and she was good for the rest of the night, aside a 1-2 paci placements. Dropping the swaddle is going to be no sleep for me I have a feeling. I am going to try one arm out for a couple nights and see how that goes.

39. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: Thanks. We will probably have to bottle feed a lot the next few days while it clears up, using a faster flow nipple than the preemie ones we had been using so she doesn't have to suck as hard, since the sucking/swallowing is apparently what hurts. I'm a little nervous she'll go full bottle preference after this but...girl's gotta eat in the meantime!

Interestingly, the amount of time she's probably had the infection is the same amount of time she's been giving us 8 to 9 hour stretches of sleep. Imagine if we clear the infection and she goes back to 2 hour stretches? That would suck!

@Smurfette: Yikes!! I hope the swaddle weaning process doesn't last tooo long.

40. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I got rid of the newborn lounger too.. She doesn't really roll but she keeps trying to sit up and kicking her legs that I'm always afraid she'd somehow fly off! Hopefully a slooooow weaning process will be the least damage! I think the zipadee zip has been a good transition for her. Still more than nothing but she can move her arms however she'd like.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee