Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: Man they're gonna be mobile soon... I am not ready!

2. snowjewelz

Bump

3. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: DD isn't swaddled but I'm still always surprised that she starts at one end of the crib and ends up at the other! She's started to get her legs under her belly and squirm.

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: Yeah during tummy time, she is trying to hard to push up on her legs to roll over.

5. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Mine is lazy... She still hates tummy time, haha. But if we hold her up right she wants to stand!

6. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: she isn't a huge fan of it. But it is getting better. I think they do do it more often at school, so that helps.

7. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: That's one good thing about being in daycare for sure!

8. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: I've been lazy about doing tummy time because she sleeps on her belly so I'm like...well that's a lot of tummy time!

9. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Me too. I'm like she obviously can hold her head up sitting in her chair. I told my mom to put her down more tho so she can eventually roll. I forget when DD1 rolled...

10. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: @IRunForFun: She is close to rolling over, belly to back, (she has done it but was crying so I think that helped her rolled over) I want to see it! LO1 4 months when she rolled back to belly, but I don't think LO2 is going to do that. LO1 was really strong, planks at 5.5 months and crawling at 6.5. It was nuts.

11. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Same here! I wonder if it's b/c we had all the time in the world with #1 to encourage moving around. I just remember having a pic of DD1 sitting up alone by 5.5 months!

12. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Hi Momma's!!

Absent me again. Sleep is no good over here still. She's having a great crib nap as I type though, and I sipped warm tea in our recliner and gave DS some screen time. We walked DD to school this am and we're out for 1.5 hours, so I feel less guilty, lol.

Went to the zoo yesterday. Took a tick off my DS, bleh! B loved it, and did really well. We ditched the bucket seat and that has made car rides a zillion times better. B rolled in the van when I folded up the stroller, bit of a downward slope on van floor though, so that combined with not seeing it (left her on back after changing and found her a roll length away on her tummy, lol) I'm not counting it as first roll! Denial! Haha! She's definitely getting to get side and crunching though!

I am thinking I will list bassinet for sale and that will force her into crib. I think even if I have to sleep on mattress on floor in her room it's time to move her over. I'm debating selling my bob Duallie too now that we've ditched the bucket. I wear her lots, plus the single. My older two will ride their bikes or walk these days more than anything.

She took a bottle for the first time on Sunday! I pumped before she was due to eat and used the Spectra pump bottle and nipple and she took it no prob! Handed her to my DH after 2 oz and burps and she did another 1.5oz. I don't mind not having gotten a break yet, but there's been a few scenarios it would be so huge to have her take a bottle, so it's been on my mind.

I need to go read.....when they start rolling, bassinet done no matter what? We position her in there less and less (and swaddling less and less) but I'm not sure what's best/ideal once she's in crib! I forget! If you're using crib already, what are they wearing and/or wrapped in?

Hope everyone is doing ok!!

13. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: are you still doing bikini body mommy? I am debating trying her again. I know after #2, they were great to start, but I didn't last because I wanted more. But at least to get going again.

14. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: I do that all the time too, like oh we were outside for so long, so some screen time after is totally justified, lol! I'm totally considering switching her to a convertible earlier too; it's not like she sleeps in the car anyway! I think they're about to grow out out bassinet rolling or not right? I think when they roll it's a no b/c the sides can be suffocating?

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: This is a bit different because DD sleeps on her belly in the crib, but she wears a short sleeved onesie, a sleep n play, and a fleece sleep sack. We keep it 70 degrees in her room.

16. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: my bassinet is longer than the others I've had (borrowed two different ones for first two!) and even with how long she is, we still have length, but yes on the sides! I have moments I'm so ready to move her, but others i just don't want the bassinet time to be done

@IRunForFun: You put her on belly or is she rolling? Once my other two rolled, they were belly (and bum in the air, lol) sleepers. So cute, I haven't tried her on her belly, wonder how she's like it!

17. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: We put her on her belly because it's literally the only way she will sleep.

18. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: whatever works!!! 🤓

19. Smurfette

@sunnyday: She sleeps in a footed sleeper and a fleece swaddle. The fleece is only cause we can get it tighter then the other one. But it is getting warm here so we should switch her. She is sleeping decent, so I hate to mess it up.

20. Smurfette

@babypugs: how's LO doing at day care? Any better luck with bottles?

21. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: @IRunForFun: Yeah, even in a swaddle my LO is doing 360's! Maybe I need to remove that swaddle...

@sunnyday: Belly sleeping is so cute!

@Smurfette: We had a rough few days but she finally broke down and started taking a bottle! Of course, I only have one and I can't find others for sale since I bought it three years ago, ha! Yesterday was muuuuch better. Work has been crazy busy from the get-go. I need life to slow down!

22. snowjewelz

I tried no swaddle last night and she couldn't sleep, even if I held her! Passed out as soon as her arms up love to dream swaddle is back on. I guess we're keeping it on!

23. Smurfette

@babypugs: wait you only have one bottle? How does that work? Glad that she is getting the memo with them though!

24. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: maybe the zipadee one would be a good transition

25. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Yeah, I should take that out! But she isn't rolling so I'm probably ok with this for a while longer... I also have the merlin that I can try!

26. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: Yeah we have a while too, but I am not doing the swaddle as tight. Hopefully a little loser each week and we can get her in a sleep sack by the time she is rolling. A friend gave me a MMS but it is huge on her since it is the 3-6M size.

27. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: Is it a bottle they no longer sell?

DD slept 8:30 to 4:30 and then 5:30 to 9!!! Insane. I actually woke up a few mins before she did and had to pump one side because I was engorged.

28. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: They're rinsing it out and putting the milk back in it. Definitely not an ideal situation! One that note, anyone know where I can get First Essentials bottles with a slow flow latex nipple?

29. Smurfette

@babypugs: oh wow. Ours couldn't do that. All bottles have to be made before hand.
    These say 4M but would they work?
    https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-First-Essential-Latex-Nipples/dp/B000GCL4O8

30. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Hmm, might be a little fast for her but whatever, I'm willing to give it a shot at that price! Thanks so much!

ETA Yeah her teachers have been awesome. Super patient!

31. Smurfette

@babypugs: I edited. Amazon has it way cheaper.

32. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Woot!! was she in the crib too?

33. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: I Amazon. So awesome.

34. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: You have the best sleeper of all of us now!

35. Smurfette

@babypugs: mine slept 8ish-6:30 when I woke her up. I heard her around 3:30, grunting kicking her legs but she went back to sleep. Two nights in a row. Fingers crossed!

36. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: That's amazing, definitely a better sleeper than mine!

@babypugs: I seriously don't know how I can parent without Amazon Prime!

37. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Okay, you might win for sleep!

I'm still at 3 to 6 wake-ups. Not awesome but could be worse.

38. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: I checked Amazon too, but apparently Giant Eagle supermarket has the slow flow latex ones?? Haha we don't have those here but maybe depending where you live check your supermarket?

@Smurfette: She was in the crib from 8:30 to 4:30 and then in bed with me after that. I would have put her back in the crib but DH gets up at 5 (he sleeps in the guest room right now) and I didn't want his clomping around getting ready to wake her. (Bathroom is right across from the nursery.)

39. Smurfette

@babypugs: I'm shocked. At this point with my first I had to nurse her an hour every night to get her to sleep. Then she woke up every 30-90 mins all night long. It was awful. Hang in there. It will get better.

40. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: @Smurfette: So jealous! And I have the "oldest" one too! But she's still a "better" sleeper than DD1 so whatever, lol.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee