Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: DH was getting up once and said I am going to swaddle her arms. I said no we can't. I am so glad that he said something, we can't go back now. Plus with her rolling it isn't safe.

2. Smurfette

bump

3. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Well, we had a good week or so of sleep, but I think until she figures out how to deliberately get back into the position she prefers, rather than wiggling into one she doesn't like and not being able to get back, we are going to have some issues.

4. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: yeah anytime they learn something new it can disrupt sleep.

5. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: S has started rolling to her side. I'm hoping it takes her awhile to figure out the full flip. She hates being on her stomach so I know she'll be pissed. Especially since she does not know how to flip back to her back.... and sleeps been so good! 4 am I woke up to her happily practicing her side roll...

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: Haha pretty much the same experience here! Her 3:30 am wakeup she was just hanging out on her side sucking her thumb.

7. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

4 mo appt today! 13 lbs 12 oz, 23". Pretty much same as her sister. Shots made her sleepy all day but she is already up for the 2nd time tonight after passing out at 7....

8. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Wow I feel like my DD is soooo tiny! Great stats!! I hope the rest of the night went better?

Poor DD was really sleepy yesterday (I'm assuming just due to not feeling well?) but still slept 9 to 4:45 and then 5 to 9. We have a baby shower to go to today and bringing her along - hope she does OK!

DH has a cold - praying we don't catch it!

9. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: awesome growth! Be proud Mommy!
    @IRunForFun: our LOs are the peanuts of the group. I am hoping mine will be 11lbs at least by 4 months. Great sleep!

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Same here! She was only 10 lbs 3 oz at her 3 month check!

11. snowjewelz

Ahhh she was SO cranky today... maybe bc of shots? Night sleep terrible too. Refused to nuts all day (@IRunForFun: I feel your pain) annnd I have had a fever all day. When it rains it pours!!

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh dear! I hope you're both doing better today?

13. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Well we are at the ER with DD. DH just went back with her for a chest x-ray. She started wheezing and gasping for breath and her chest was caving in. She had about 3 couple minute episodes of that happening and when the third one wasn't stopping the on-call ped said to go to the ER. The doctor here thinks it's reflux related and that she may have been aspirating on it but after the X-ray we are staying 2 hours for observation and if she has another episode she'll be admitted overnight. Sigh.

14. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: @IRunForFun: Tiny cute girls!

@IRunForFun: I know you must be so worried. Big hugs.

@snowjewelz: Feel better hon. Everything is so much harder when you're sick!

15. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: oh no!! That is so scary. Keep us posted.

16. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: sending you guys prayers ❤❤🙏🙏

17. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Thinking of you guys

18. Smurfette

Swaddle weaning with a congested baby is NO fun. I'm so damn tired. Sleep is just awful. I just ordered a Zipadee from amazon. Paid $10 so it would get here tomorrow. I'm so desperate. Cause of course DH flew out this morning like normal.

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Thanks! We spent 6 hours in the ER with no real answers, just that they were pretty sure it was related to reflux and aspiration. Chest X-ray was clear. Swabs for flu and RSV won't come back till today but it's unlikely to be either of those because she has no other cold symptoms. We are following up with the pediatrician today at 1. She hasn't had any wheezing episodes this morning.

20. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I was just thinking of you and wondering how that was going. Still no reason you can figure out for the congestion? I hope the Zipadee works!

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: How are you feeling?

22. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Aww, I'm so sorry! Things have been a mess here too. Nevermind that I was deathly ill... Between leap, sleep regression and I think now she's teething... My happy baby no more! She was literally crying so hard before bed last night that we thought something was seriously wrong!

@IRunForFun: You guys must be so exhausted and worried I wonder if you make a thread here to see if anyone else has been through this with reflux baby. I'm surprised that reflux would affect breathing...

23. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I am slightly better.. Prob need to go to urgent care at some point to figure out what I have. I hope it's not strep!

24. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Glad that she is ok. But so frustrating no reason what caused it.
    I really think maybe it is allergies. Pollen is so bad here and we were at my nephew's baseball games Sat. The pollen count was at a high on Sat and Sat night her congestion got worse.
    @snowjewelz: same here. She woke up last night after 30 mins and seemed so uncomfortable. She was arching her back (so we did gas drops and gripe water), no fever but I checked, then just crying in her sleep as I rocked her. It was breaking my heart. It is happens again tonight, I am taking her to the pedi and make sure it isn't an ear infection. I am wondering about teething too. If she doesn't have her paci, her hands are in her mouth and she is drooling so much. But I don't feel anything.

25. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Teeth are probably brewing from deep in the gums! My first sprouted tooth at 6 mo so I'm not surprised if they've started to make their way up! She is also drooling and constantly need to shove something in her mouth, but then gets mad b/c she isn't THAT coordinated... And then I can no longer tell whether she's crying b/c she's hungry or tired! I really hope 5 months will be a better place!!

26. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: That's a good idea to make a thread here. I've read some instances online where reflux can affect breathing and apparently my sister's nephew (other side of the family) had it happen and he'd turn blue! But it definitely wasn't my first thought either.

I'm sorry you're still sick, I hope it's not strep, strep is awful! And poor baby, too. I hate when they cry like that.

@Smurfette: Aw yuck, allergies are the pits. Hopefully not an ear infection but not a bad idea to check! C drools a ton and has her hands in her mouth constantly too but I don't think teething yet.

27. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: goodness! Hope she's okay!!! Fx for you!!

28. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: LO has a cold too. I'm surprised it took two weeks for the first daycare cold to hit. No sleep!!! Wahhh. Hope she feels better soon.

@snowjewelz: Teeth, oh my gosh! How are we here?! I'm so sorry you're still sick.

@IRunForFun: Hang in there; you're a trooper. Hoping you get some answers very soon.

29. Smurfette

Some friends suggested that soy could be causing the congestion. So I am going to cut that for a couple weeks and see if that helps. So long my love Diet Coke. I hope we can meet again soon.

30. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh man! I've always heard if a baby has a dairy intolerance, there's a higher chance of a cross-reaction with soy, but isn't soy in like...EVERYTHING? Even more so than dairy? So tough!

31. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: pretty much. But yeah I was reading 50% with dairy intolerance have soy too. Joy! If it is soy, I am not sure how long I can keep this up.
    But the bigger question is how am I not losing more weight? I am eating so many veggies, fruit, and meat. I am avoiding a lot of processed foods all ready.

32. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Uggh, this is just crazy! I wouldn't think soy was in coke but I guess it is everywhere!

33. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: I had no idea that soy was in so much! So much to keep track of.

34. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Well we are back from the ped. Right before we left LO had a poop with red streaks on it so I brought that to be tested as well, and sure enough, blood. Ped said there's a very small chance the antibiotics from the ear infection could have caused it, but if there's still blood after we stop that, she wants me to try cutting soy. Sooo I might be right there with you, @Smurfette:

She also referred us for an upper GI series and an abdominal ultrasound which we will be having done Wednesday.

35. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: oh no! I'm sorry you have so much on your plate right now. Glad you are getting into a GI so soon.
    And I might be more sad no more dairy free ice cream then Diet Coke!

36. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh no I didn't even think about the ice cream! I just had to Google it. Apparently there are a few non-dairy options with no soy, but they're all coconut based.

37. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Interesting about the soy comments above.

My DS (2) is no dairy and we are noticing his teeth are weird looking (on the surface) and have been reading about the acidity in the soy and how it could be causing decay. I'm sure there's as many articles that go the other way too. He drinking soy milk like water (probably a carton a day or so). He was on almond until this Fall when he refused it so we switched. Hmmm.

B is in Day 10 of congestion. I'm spent. She had one decently better day, but I've got it too and really noticed how better, then worse it is. She had mucus in her spit up today, so gross.

I was trying to cut the paci for sleep but omg girl and her thumb and her finger sucking! Paci it is!

38. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Aww, is it allergies? Or just a cold that keep lingering?

@IRunForFun: I hope GI will have more answers and help C feel better soon. This must have been so hard for you. Big hugs

Come to think of it, we stopped giving DD1 soy milk b/c she throws up every time she drank it. Doesn't seem to have issues with soy in other things, but just can't drink soy milk, not even a few sips!

So I went to the DR and I have strep, yay! I am just praaaaaying nobody else has it. DH currently OD'ing on vitamins and I'm just keep an eye on the girls... BF-ing as much as possible...

39. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh no!! Strep is awful. I hope the meds have you feeling better soon and that no one else catches it!

I'm super stressed. We had originally been given our GI appointment for tomorrow morning, but when I called today to find out exactly where to go for it, I was told we did not have an appointment. I told the scheduler I had spoken to someone yesterday and was given the appointment plus all the info for preparing for it, and she put me on hold and then came back and say she was the one who talked to me and she forgot to formally put us in the system! Then she said the soonest she could get us in is Monday. I was fuming and told her how annoyed I was and that I wanted DD seen ASAP and she actually said "I'm sorry if I told you that you had an appointment but you don't and there's nothing I can do." Sooooo mad. I called the ped and asked for their office to call and complain, but haven't heard back. I can't believe we have to wait another week because of the scheduler's mistake!

DD is still having blood in her poop today.

40. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: omg mama bear would have came out. I would refuse to let my kid stay in this status quo till Mon! Is there another ped GI you can get in tomorrow? Def complain and complain some more. Keep calling tomorrow in case someone cancels too. I am sooo sorry they did this to you!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee