Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@snowjewelz: hope you feel better soon!
    @IRunForFun: OMG! I would be livid! Def. call every day and see if you can get a cancelled appointment. I'm sorry about the blood. Guessing it could take awhile for the soy to get out that's so hard.

I put LO in the zipadee tonight. I put her down awake and I took the monitor in to LO1's room while we read. She was asleep within ten mins. No crying. First time in a week. Fingers crossed for tonight.

2. Smurfette

Bump

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: wow amazing! I really need to stop nursing to sleep!

4. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh that sounds promising!!! Hope she sleeps well!

I haven't cut soy yet. The pedi said to wait and see if there's a (small) chance the blood was caused by the antibiotics and/or if there's anything visible when they do the abdominal ultrasound. If it doesn't clear up within a few days of stopping the antibiotics and the ultrasound is clear, then I'll cut soy. How are you doing with that so far?

5. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: well I ate Oreos yesterday not thinking. They have soy but she wasn't as congested yesterday. So I am thinking it might just be a cold. I don't know...

She slept till 1, fed her, and back down super easy. Then she was up at 4 for the paci, then again 10 mins later but I smelled poop (she never poops over night anymore) so I rocked her asleep, then she was back up at 545 for her paci. Then I woke her up at 630. So not great but not horrible.

6. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: we all have stuffed noses and mild coughs, so I think cold. I know some with allergies say it's brutal right now, so maybe that's not helping any of us get better.

7. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: yikes on scheduler. How frustrating is that, sorry to hear.

@Smurfette: wooo on down awake and putting herself to sleep! I tried to do it following sleep sense guide loosely (I'm not ok with any crying yet!!) and stood beside her crib and she did sooo well. Two nights she did great, but night three she started thumbsucking! She always finds her fingers pretty easy, so anyways, it wasn't changing night sleep at all (plus still has the cold, so I can't expect much!) so now I'm back to whatever, lol. Nursed to sleep last night, paci night before.

She actually had her best night in a while last night. Bedtime 7:20, up at 10 to nurse (I hadn't even gone to bed!). Nursed 2, up at 4....settled herself. Nursed 5 and then put her in bed with me and we slept til 6:30. Still not great by any means, but I got to stay in my bed most of the night, so I'll take it!!

Current nap location.....

8. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Saw this on my Canadian Jan 2017 group.....sent to my DH!

9. Smurfette

@sunnyday: aww! She looks so comfy and cozy. I wish I was cuddling mine.
    Ha! So true. I think every weekend, how long does it take? And I think he has to go more so he gets a break from the madness!

10. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: agree! I would just like to go to the washroom alone for one minute. Alone! Hahaha.

She hasn't napped this long on me in forever. I'm really enjoying the snuggles. She's growing too fast.

Officially has two hair colours visible too, her new fuzz with her old dark!

11. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: @Smurfette: Haha SO true!! DH gets home from work and disappears in there for like 30 mins. But I think adding a phone to the guy in the meme would make it more accurate. Meanwhile I'm in and out as fast as I can be.

Also glad to both got better sleep last night!!

DD's rolling is going to be the death of me for nights! Moreso than her any of her medical stuff. She CAN roll from her back to belly but somehow forgets that when she goes from belly to back at night. She just lays on her back and gets pissed till I come roll her back over. After the 5th or 6th time I had to go roll her back in like a 30 min period last night I gave up and brought her into bed.

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Do you not want DD to suck her thumb? LO has sucked her fist/fingers pretty much since birth and in the past couple weeks has found her thumb. She will often soothe herself to sleep with it so I'm just letting her do it. She doesn't keep a paci in to go to sleep anyway.

13. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: yeah I am glad that LO hasn't rolled onto her belly yet for sleep. Cause I have a feeling she would be pissed. Although I wish she would, I love a sleeping baby with their legs all tucked up and booty in the air.

14. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: no. No thumb sucking allowed in our house! Paci is easier to cut versus thumb. BIL is a dentist and said do what we can to stay away from thumb sucking. Know some kids get no mouth damage, but that would be our luck.

15. Smurfette

I'm beginning to think this is just the 4 month sleep regression. Last night was bad. I can't wait for Dad to get home tonight and get some help.

16. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Could be! I have 9 days left on leap and I think just coming out of the worst sleep we've had (of course I had to be sick too).

This little nugget hasn't been very interested in rolling! Hate to compare but her sister I think has rolled by now. Oh well!

17. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@IRunForFun: same as @sunnyday: it's paci all the way in our house. J2 doesn't really use it but he doesn't suck his thumb/hands much anyway. With F we definitely have to be more careful.

Sorry I went kind of MIA but the older two had stomach bugs and well generally life...

How many times do your babies eat in a day? Both DH and I hate the midnight feed and we actually have to wake them but 4 feeds a day seems so little for kids so young. But it generally lets them sleep until 6-7am so at least we're sleeping for 4.5-5h when it's really night.

@Smurfette: hope it's not the regression yet! But yay for DH coming home.

18. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: WTF, that is absurd!!!

@Smurfette: Wow, good girl! Yeah, we're still nursing to sleep in a swaddle. It's swaddle wean time this weekend!

@sunnyday: What a little cutie. The bathroom thing makes me rage!!!

We've had a bad few nights. I pulled an actual all- nighter three nights ago. I think I was actually hallucinating at work, ha! I know it's partly regression, but hopefully once the cold is gone it'll be much better. Last night was a small improvement!

19. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Pumuckl: Yep, life! Hope all are feeling better. Stomach bugs are brutal!

20. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I have 30 days left. I won't survive.
    @Pumuckl: Since she isn't gaining much still, I try and get 7 feeds in. During the week it is overnight once, 6:30, 9:30, 12:30, 3:30, 5:00-5:30(right when we get home), and then 7:00 (or bedtime) weekends it might be 6, depending on the day and when she woke up and if I can sneak another feed in there. I am going to ask her pedi at 4 months how many times it should be. 7 seems like a lot for 4 months to me. I kind of want to drop the 5:30 feed and start bedtime earlier but I am not sure how that would work. Right now she still naps 6-630 (in the carrier) and then asleep around 730.
    @babypugs: good luck this weekend. It hasn't gone well in our house, although the zipadee is helping. Well to put her to sleep at least, not stay asleep. I can't imagine pulling an all nighter. You are a saint!
    Did you order those nipples? Did they work?

21. snowjewelz

@babypugs: I'd be a total zombie. Exhaustion/aging is no joke!

@Pumuckl: On the weekend she can wait almost 4 hours between feeds... Sometimes I just wait for her to get hangry b/c she can be fussy at the boob. During the week, my mom can rarely get her to drink 4oz in one feeding, so she gets 2oz increments all day long

22. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Pumuckl: 4 feeds a day?! That's amazing, lol. We are at 8.5! Literally every 3 hours around the clock. 7, 10, 1, 4, 7, 10, 1, 4 and then one half feed/to sleep around 5:30am as she tries to wake early and I have none of it, lol.

She missed her first nap of the day though so I fed her early at 9:30 so she's not be awake again for 10. DH home today so I could have a day in the garden (heaven!!!) and she's been sleeping 3 hours now and DS (almost three) has just asked to go down for a nap (hasn't napped in months). Wtf.

Someday she'll stretch for me in the night.....someday.

I got video of her rolling back to belly this am. She's done it a couple times now, so funny.

@babypugs: yiiiiikes on actual all nighter. Someday we will all have good sleeping babies!

23. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

And she's awake. She must literally smell me. I came in to pee and get a quick lunch. Figured I'd feed her now anyways so it works she woke on her own.

24. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: I did and they do! It was like they were heaven-sent, ha!

@snowjewelz: @sunnyday: Well, I work in an academic library, so I felt like I blended in well with all of the student zombies in the middle of finals. Just without the adderall and red bull

@sunnyday: Enjoy that garden! Sounds wonderful

25. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: lol on blending in! I work on post secondary but not in the library, haha. They'd hate me in there, too loud. I'm in the registrars office. This time of year is the best, parking becomes a breeze for four months!!! I'm not back til January and our newest building being constructed right now will have my new office. I've missed our two biggest office moves while on mat leaves!

Got some strawberries transplanted today, new fence up and tidied my raspberries. Some weeding too! I need to get going on my lawn too. I'm in an unspoken competition for best lawn with all the old fogies on our street.

26. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

I'm back to Hellobee and sorry to be MIA. After three weeks traveling to parents and in-laws, we managed to get back last week. With unpacking and planning to return to work, it's been a while.

DD is 3 months old today, along with my first day back at work. Hopefully she does well with Daddy and bottles. Otherwise, I have occasionally seen her roll, but she doesn't seem to really want to.
    @Pumuckl: I'd say 5-6, but that is with a wake-up, feeding her both before and after naps, (before to get her down and after because she wants it), and before bedtime. We'll see how she eats today. It's my first day back at work.

@IRunForFun: We have a thumb sucker too. It was to be expected. I did, DH did, DS did: I was just waiting for her to find the thumb.

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: I hope it is just the 4 month regression for ya'll. DS skipped all of the regressions, so I am hoping that happens again this time.

27. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Pumuckl: DD still eats anywhere between 6 and 8 times in a 24 hour period. But she's a slow gainer and also can't handle a lot of volume at once. She'll generally eat around 4 am, 6:30 or 7 am, 10:30, 12:30 pm, 2:30, 4:30, 6:30 and 8pm. That's 8 times! Sometimes she might skip obe of those or stretch to 3 hours between day feedings but not often. I'm OK with it now because she's generally a quick eater and I want her to gain!

28. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@babypugs: yes they're back at daycare! It was basically three weeks of having one of them home.

@sunnyday: it's 5 feeds now, 4 nursing sessions (6/7am, 11am/noon, 3/4pm, 7pm) and one bottle at around midnight. We do wake them at midnight though. They'll usually take 5-6oz each of pumped milk then. So I don't think 4 would be enough?

@snowjewelz: ugh babies that don't like the bottle are stressful. J1 took awhile to warm up to it but then was happily drinking from it.

29. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: Man I'm scared of the leap! Is this the one that starts at 14.5 weeks? Because we are at 14 weeks today!

@babypugs: OMG at the all-nighter. I do not know how you went to work after that. I think I'd die.

@Mrs. Toad: Welcome back! And glad I'm not only on the thumb sucker. BIL is a dentist and said it's fine as long as they stop by 5 or so, and since it's soothing for her, I'm not sweating it.

DD giggled for the first time last night!!!! I was blowing raspberries on her belly during a diaper change and she legit LOL'd. DH came running and we were able to record a few giggles. Of course I've been trying to get her to do it again since but she hasn't.

Also no visible blood in diapers since Tuesday, so hoping it was antibiotic related or I accidentally got into dairy and not soy related!

30. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: what time do you go to bed? Could you do a dream around 10? Then it gets an extra feed, but hopefully will you sleep 1030 till when they wake up.
    @IRunForFun: yep! It is a 5 week leap. Kill me! I think I got a giggle the other night, but it wasn't super loud, and I haven't heard it since. Great news on the blood!
    @Mrs. Toad: If it is the regression, I hope it is quick. This is rough. Hope your first day back is quick and painless.

31. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: yeah, maybe we'll move the feed from midnight to 10:30 or 11pm. That way we're able to get to bed around midnight (we don't really go earlier than that anyway).

32. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@IRunForFun: glad that the bloody poop is gone. My first reacted to Diclo (painkiller) with bloody stools so it might well be the antibiotics...

33. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: DS stopped at 18 months (the silver lining of accidently burning his thumb on hot rice) and I think he has buck teeth already. Most kids have pacifiers longer than that. Therefore I'm not worrying about the thumb sucking. It is helping DD get down for naps and sleep well overnight.

34. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Pumuckl: Yeah and interestingly the pedi said she'd never heard of/seen amoxicillin cause bloody stools before but to me it seemed totally plausible...meds are tough on the stomach!

35. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Are any of your LOs drooling a lot? DD is soooo drooly. For some reason I find drool even grosser than spit up. I HATE damp clothes and she gets my shoulders and neckline plus the front of her outfits (if I forget a bib) soaked. Nasty.

36. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: super drooly!

37. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: super drool girl here! We soak bibs like crazy, soak through clothes, I feel like she's always dropping! Add spits, just yuck, lol.

38. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@IRunForFun: drooling is slowly starting here but we can still get away without bibs. I guess it's because their adjusted age is only 10 weeks.

39. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Yess multiple bibs a day! Def in teething land over here.

I think the leap/regression is almost over... She did wake 2 times before I even went to sleep; but once I went to sleep, I'm not even sure if she woke up at all. I think she did at least once since I didn't feel extremely engorged. But I feel fairly rested so I must not have woken up that many times!

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Drool is gross!!

@snowjewelz: LOL I think it's so funny you can just nurse and not even remember. I am such a light sleeper I don't think I could do that!

DD has been waking to eat an extra time the past few nights. She had been making it to 4 am or after but she's woken between 1 and 2 recently. Still not horrible though. Sleeps about 8 to 1 or 2, then again till 4 or 5, then again till 8 or 9. She's rolling like a fiend both ways now!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee