Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: @Mrs. Toad: I grabbed an exersaucer at a consignment sale and am trying to decide when to bring it out. I think I'll wait a bit longer, she's generally got really good head control but occasionally slumps or tips a little in the floor seat or bumbo.

@babypugs: Haha, no party, but I did treat myself to coffee and a donut that morning and we went out to lunch that day.

LO has STTN the past 3 nights. I hope I'm not jinxing it. And last night she did 8:30 to 7:30 in the crib, woke up and had her meds and ate, fell asleep again around 8:15 and slept till almost 11...is there such a thing as sleeping too much? Of course for some reason I woke up at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep. Annoying!

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Bump?

3. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: that is some amazing sleep! S still won't nap in her crib but night sleep is pretty good. Not that good though... she's a distracted nurser though so I feel like her best feeds are at night.

4. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Smurfette: between 4- 5 months. My first had very good head control though.

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: that is amazing!! We had another bad night. I don't think I have slept more then a 3 hour stretch in weeks now. I am so damn tired.

I went and looked and found a pic of LO1 in it. It was a little before 5 months, so maybe I will wait a couple more weeks and see how it goes then. Plus with the swing in the living room still, we are getting out run by baby and toddler crap!

6. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: I think after 5 months I started. Yeah, this time around we have no room for that thing! I can't even take it out unless I can put away something first!

@IRunForFun: Wow, so amazing! Send some sleepy dust this way!!!

7. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: I still think DD has always nursed best when sleepy/MOTN so I'm interested to see what her weight gain does if she keeps this up. Which is a big IF.

@Smurfette: Is it the swaddle weaning causing issues still? I really hope it turns around and you get some sleep soon!

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: We finally moved the swing into the nursery to make room in the living room, but we really don't use it anymore so I should just dissemble and store it. The exersaucer is huge! I might move the bouncer out too before I set it up.

Despite sleeping a lot DD has been soooo cranky during the day.

8. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I think now it is just the 4 month regression. Or DH and I wonder if I ate dairy and didn't know on Sat at lunch, cause Sat and Sun night were so bad. She was up and couldn't settle, she was also fussy nursing yesterday, but otherwise ok. She also had a mucus diaper yesterday, but she is also congested again. Both kids woke up with snot on their faces.

9. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Yep my two have a cold too. I think she was congested b/c every time she woke up she was like angry crying!

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Yeah, I almost feel like it isn't worth it to go out to eat anymore unless I order something vegan.

11. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: Long night sleep is awesome. Hope she keeps it up. At least, enjoy it while it lasts.

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: We have no room either. When we pull out the jumper or the pack and play we will have to put up both the bouncer and the playmat. The pack and play will be to allow her some room without her brother on her.

@Smurfette: Sorry about the 4 month regression. I'm hoping that we skip it. DS never had a regression; sleep just got longer. Naps, on the other hand, were always difficult. DD seems to be the same way.

12. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: We eat out a lot. I guess I need to stick to salads......I'm so over salads and chicken.

We have a family wedding next month, I am going to have to bring in my own food to be safe. Too bad I just can't drink my dinner

13. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Well you COULD drink your dinner, it probably wouldn't be the best idea though. Events like that are hard...I think LO's recent bloody diaper was caused by something I got into at a baby shower.

Our STTN streak ended last night. I put her down at 7 instead of the usual 8 because she was a screamy mess and fell asleep nursing. She was pretty restless and woke up to nurse at 1:15. Had a hard time resettling and was in bed with me; finally slept 2 to 6:55. She's been soooo cranky when awake the past few days, never wants to be put down and just cries if she is. Cries on the playmat, in the bouncy seat, in the floor seat...frustrating!

14. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@IRunForFun: yeah J has been a crancky mess too. Not sure why I think he's still too young for the wonder week so I don't think it's that. Oh well at least bedtime has finally (knock on wood) gotten better. We pick B and J1 up and then get home and around 6pm I nurse J2 and F, they'll fall asleep on their own while we have dinner with B and J1 and then at 7ish we get the bedtime routine for the older two started.

15. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Probably regression/leap! Don't worry, it will pass!

16. snowjewelz

@Pumuckl: Are you using bday or due date? With both girls their bdays (earlier than due dates) were/are more accurate.

17. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@snowjewelz: I use their EDD since they were 4 weeks early. Maybe it is the wonder week then.

18. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

We've been quiet the past few days. How is everyone doing? Happy Friday!!

We are doing OK over here. After her few nights of awesome sleep I think we are dealing with some of the 4 month regression and leap 4. Most nights she's now up once or twice and there was one night she was up every 3 hours. Some super cranky days too, not wanting to be put down at all, although today hasn't been so bad. We've been getting out a bit more - took her to visit my old boss Monday, did story time for the first time yesterday, went to a picnic today.

Oh and happy early Mother's Day ladies! Hope you all have a great one!!

19. Smurfette

LO had her 4 month appointment today. She is 23.5 for height, and only 11.01lbs. The doctor said she isn't worried since she has fat on her. But does want us to try and offer some formula after she nurses or supplement a bottle or two a day. She also isn't convinced she has a dairy intolerance. So she gave me some lactose free formula to try before we go to the expensive stuff. She said that she is perfect otherwise. She was so tired tonight so I am hoping we have a good night.

She is getting baptized on Sunday. So we will be busy with family all weekend. Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day.

20. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: I'm sorry STTN is gone! If it makes you feel any better, I would be jumping for joy if LO slept three straight hours, ha! I feel like getting out and into activities really makes you feel more "you" again, so I'm glad you're able to! We've finally found a rhythm and have gotten better at filling our weekends with fun stuff. There have been festivals galore around here so everyone has been enjoying that.

@Smurfette: Some babies are just little! Happy baptism weekend, I know it will be a special time for you.

21. Smurfette

@babypugs: I mean someone has to be at the bottom of the curve

22. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: how did P do at her baptism? My twins got baptized on Saturday and both didn't cry which was great. We had everyone over to our place and just had a buffet with cake and salads to go with the grilled steaks and pulled pork. The weather was very mellow and we were able to sit outside which was perfect. Overall it was a great day.

So I think I have my first couple of days (3.5) of parenting without help ahead of me. My DH is on a business trip and my mom is sick with a flu like cold so she can't come help. Nervous to parent 4 all on my own....

23. snowjewelz

@Pumuckl: Ah, giving you all the good vibes! I am exhausting with just 2!

@babypugs: As the weather gets better it's def so much easier to do stuff with them!

@Smurfette: Crazy that after all this time it may not even be dairy?!

@IRunForFun: Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Def have been so busy! Sleep is alright... She is def up 2-3 times (and sometimes she's up like 1-2 times before I even go to bed). Naps are also still short. She rolls to her side now, but still hasn't completely rolled over... I still have not taking out the jumperoo b/c I just don't know where to even put it. Wondering if we should just skip it completely....

She will be 5 months on Sat

24. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Pumuckl: My goodness woman...sending you strength for this stint!!

@snowjewelz: I can't believe K is almost 5 months, that's just insane!!!

@Smurfette: Awww well my DD is at the bottom of the curve with P. She'll be 4 months Friday and once so far our scale has said she was 11 lbs even, but she's more hovering around 10lb 14 or 10 lb 15. Curious to see what our pediatrician says. Have you been doing the formula? How is it going? That would be so awesome for you if she can tolerate dairy!

Just plugging along over here. Still hasn't slept through the night again, though most nights it's just one wake up. Trying to get out more, last week we tried story time and mommy and me yoga, this week I think we'll do both again and also check out a mom's meetup the midwife's office puts on. Finally having some nice weather too!!

25. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: @Smurfette: DD1 is always fine on her own curve but comparative she's def super low percentile.

26. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: It was good. She cried a little when the pastor put the water on her head but that was all. It was an exhausting weekend though. She didn't sleep good all weekend. I think cause she was passed around and held so much. She only woke up once last night to eat and then was back out. Good luck this week!! You got this Mom!
    @snowjewelz: I know right. Maybe it has been something else this whole time.
    @IRunForFun: We did some Sunday night and the next morning her poop was completely normal looking. Her teacher said that she spit up most of it yesterday morning. So we are trying it today the lunch time feed, which is right after she gets her meds. So we will see.

27. Smurfette

Urg! Why one night she sleeps till 3, eats, and back down till wake up time? Then the next night I give up by 3/4 and bring her into bed so I can get a couple hours. So frustrating!

28. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: our sleep habits are pretty random over here too. all I know is she's usually up at least once before I even go to bed! but like I said before, since she's right next to me I don't really remember how often she was up.

she's always arching and jerking around a lot making it hard to fall asleep... sometimes I have to literally hold her really tight. I wonder if sleep is bad b/c she's almmmooost ready to roll over.

I see in old pictures that DD1 was already rolling, has sat up unassisted and gone in the jumperoo already and we've done nothing so far for DD2!

29. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Why are babies so unpredictable in general!?

@snowjewelz: Wow your DD1 sat up unassisted before 5 months?? That's early!! I've been bringing DD into bed with me after she wakes up (usually between 2 and 4) but lately she's been moving around so much I think I need to stop. She kept scooting herself into the wall this morning!

I put DD down on her playmat this morning while I went to make coffee and when I came back she was totally off the mat and about 2 feet from where I left her. One of her favorite toys was near her head so I don't know if she intentionally rolled to try to get it or if she was just thrashing around.

30. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I know!! I had an IG photo of her sitting by herself at 20 weeks Overachieving 1st born and now lazy 2nd child, haha!

I think she was trying to get the toy! K can't roll over but she'll roll to her side and keeps scooting and arching to get somewhere!

31. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: 20 weeks is really early to be sitting up! My LO1 was doing planks at 5 months but didn't sit up till 6 months. I wonder if LO2 is going to be early with milestones like her big sister. I need to clean the exersaucer this weekend and see if she likes it. I want to take the swing down.
    @IRunForFun: Girl has places to go!!

32. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: haha little sister here is clearly not very interested in competing with big sister here! She however, is really vocal, and really loud! I think listening to big sister shout all day made her feel like that's optimal level to speak at

33. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: Differences between children is odd. DD is rolling but only on occasion and just to get to a more comfortable sleeping position (on her tummy). Otherwise she will stay where you put her (back or tummy). DS was always rolling to his tummy and he started at 2 months. However, DD is babbling often, which DS rarely did.

Sorry to hear about the sleep issues. Our only issue is that DD is incapable of staying completely inside the crib. I have almost never seen her with all limbs inside the rails, usually it's one leg and one arm, but she somehow managed to get all 4 stuck at one point.

I'm ready for her to sit up. It will make it easier to eat dinner when she can sit in the high chair. I have a few months to wait though. DD isn't even 4 months for another 10 days.

34. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

Any fun plans this weekend, ladies? There's an amazing butterfly weekend that we're going to try to make!

DD had get four month appointment and is up to 13 pounds, whoa! The doc discovered a nasty double ear infection (oops). No idea how long she's had it, but I'm hopeful that she'll start sleeping better once the antibiotic clears it!

35. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Mrs. Toad: I totally feel like sitting up is the major turning point for "life is easier." Can't wait.

36. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Whoa, that is early! @Smurfette: I bet she will be! DD1 was super slow with milestones. Whatever, less chasing for me!

37. Smurfette

@babypugs: aww poor girl! I felt so bad never knowing LO1 had them till her ear drum would burst. She would sleep normal. It was so weird.

38. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Oh man, DD1 let new KNOW! That's why I didn't suspect it this time! Babies... crazy

39. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Mrs. Toad: I'm dreading the day DD starts sticking her limbs out of the crib rails. Sometimes she like to just grab and hold onto them.

@babypugs: Awww poor baby! Don't feel bad. We had no clue DD had her ear infection until it started leaking pus and smelling bad, sooo...she gave no other indications of one! 13 pounds!!! Go baby go!

No fun plans for us this weekend. DH has to work both days and at weird hours for training. He works in manufacturing and processing for a giant pharmaceutical company and they operate 24/7, so tomorrow he has to go in at 6 am, his usual time, but then he has to go in 2 am Sunday morning. Plus he had to drop his car at the shop tonight, which means he's taking my car to work tomorrow, so I'll be stuck at home. I'm selfishly feeling bad for myself that I won't get my usual weekend relief, although I know it's not like he chose this!

Maybe I'll get some cleaning and organizing done around the house...but probably not.

40. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@babypugs: Aww, poor baby. Hope it clears up quickly. Nice weight gain.

Our 4 month checkup is next Friday.

Nothing is planned for this weekend. I am planning to plant flowers and herbs in pots. I had to wait until the baby birds nesting on our balcony flew away and then we had to clean. We will also set up the water table for DS.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee