Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

The weather here has been so fickle! We had crazy hot days 90+ degrees during the week (so full on summer clothes, water play at school for DD1, etc) and then this weekend plunged back down to low 60s and now it's rainy all week. Right now forecast for this long weekend isn't look that great!

K2 was 5 months on Sat! We have her appt on Wed. I don't know if I'll bring it up but she still doesn't eat a full 4 oz bottle. Mostly 3. I'm wondering if it's b/c she does nurse at least twice at night so maybe she's not as hungry during the day?

She has now managed to roll onto her side but still hasn't rolled over, haha! She even tries to scoot forward when she's on her tummy but won't roll! She is desperately trying to grab everything and shove it in her mouth. I realize I have to be more careful; now that DD1's toys are everywhere too I need to be more vigilant that nothing to small makes it into her mouth.

2. snowjewelz

Bump?

3. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@snowjewelz: You have a 5 month appointment? I would bring it up and just see what they say. I would think it is fine as long as she is gaining weight.

Baby had a fever on Sat. She was so sleepy and just didn't look good. Luckily it never got high enough to bring her to Children's Hospital. Our pedi has a nurse from there call you back during off hours. She said they want to see her at 102.2 or higher. 101.7 was the highest it got but Tylenol brought it down. No fever yesterday but she doesn't seem like herself 100% yet. She slept horrible last night. I barely got 4 hours of broken sleep (most cause I brought her in bed with us). The phone advise nurse today told me that since her fever is gone probably was viral but if she has another bad night to bring her in tomorrow to check her out. Her poops are awful, so I am starting Nutramigen today and see how it works. Poor girl looks even thinner after not eating much this weekend. But she needs size 2 diapers cause other she has blowouts, cause her poops are so loose, and they look huge on her.

4. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Aww poor baby! And no one else was sick? I hope it's a quick viral thing that will go away!

5. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: The weather is crazy. We did set up the water table anyway. DS was playing with the water even though it was in the upper 60's. At least he was having fun.

We have DD's scheduled 4 month appointment on Friday. I just hope they will let us give her the shots as she isn't technically 4 months until Saturday.

DD rolls to her stomach, it's like she no longer wants to hang out on her back. She looks like a beached whale most of the time - hands and legs off the floor thinking she can get somewhere. She doesn't have much interest in toys, mainly looking around and being held.

6. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: Hope it goes away and stays away. Good luck with getting more sleep.

7. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: nope everyone else is fine.

@Mrs. Toad: I feel like LO finally is getting interested in toys the last couple weeks now. Well mostly putting them in her mouth. ha!

8. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: Haha! I can totally picture the beached whale stance! Mine is sooo nosy/curious too! She will turn her head, arch her back, try to ab crunch to sit up, basically do whatever it takes to look at whatever the source of noise is coming from!

9. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: It's like she thinks she can move this way. She does move around overnight though.

10. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Sounds like a wonderful, low-key weekend!

@snowjewelz: My LO never finishes her four ounce bottles either. Like yours, she more than makes up for it overnight...she's getting enough, I'm sure!

@Smurfette: Poor baby, I'm so sorry. Hang in there. Sounds so stressful.

11. snowjewelz

@babypugs: I mean, I'm secretly happy b/c that means more to the freezer stash!

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Ugh yeah I'm so bummed about this week's forecast. But I wasn't a fan of the crazy heat either. Why can't it be sunny and 75 every day? Haha. It sounds like as long as DD is still gaining weight not finishing a 4 oz bottle is OK? Maybe she's taking a bunch more ounces whenever she nurses and that's evening out...

@Smurfette: Oh no, poor baby! That's so sad. I hope she feels better today and is back to 100% soon. That stinks that the lactose free formula didn't work.

@Mrs. Toad: Haha I call that pose the turtle because she's like a turtle on it's back!

We just had DD's 4 month appointment. She's 11 lbs 5.5 ozs (4th %) and 23 inches (6th%). Doctor was OK with it since she gained a little over a pound in a month and she's staying on her curve. Shots were no fun!! Hopefully she feels OK today and tonight.

13. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Aww, hopefully the shots just make her sleepy! I agree with your dr... For us they're always low percentiles but we really only look at their own curve. Yes.. It's been either too hot or too cold. Ugggggh!

14. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: well the nurse told me today, the one she gave us isn't lactose free. It is just gentle for gas. But really it made her more gassy.
    Our babies are so similar in size. Hopefully you both get good sleep tonight. That is the one good thing about shots.

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Yeah, she was 10th percentile at birth and 1 month, then 7th percentile at 2 months, and now 3 and 4 months, 4th percentile. But doctor said it can take a few months to find their curve. I'm always nervous about her weight so we shall see how it keeps trending.

@Smurfette: Oooh. Bummer that dairy does seem to be an issue then.

16. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I think why I am so worried about her lack of weight gain is that something is still bothering her from my diet (I think hidden dairy from restaurants, even though I ask every time) and I think the proteins are causing her weight gain to be even lower. LO1 was a slow gainer and I didn't worry, cause she was eating (even when on 100% formula) plenty, but she just spit up so much. LO2 spits up just as much.
    You would think it would be the opposite. I feel like I am a 1st time Mom with LO2 and all the worrying and stress over trying to figure her out.

17. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: I am the one with the big baby. DD was 92th percentile for weight and 88% percentile for height at 2 months. I am curious to know what it will be at 4 months. I feel like we keep having to move her to the next size and I'm not ready yet. She's in 3-6 and I want to enjoy these clothes.

18. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh I totally get it, I'd be so worried too. I'm sorry it's been so stressful. I really hope it all resolves soon. If the Nutramigen seems to work for her will you switch her to 100% formula? I know it's so $$$.

@Mrs. Toad: Hehe I feel like we have the opposite problem. DD is 4 months and still wearing some 3 month clothes, even some 0-3 month stuff! I bought a bunch of summer stuff in 3-6 month and 6 month size a while back and it's all huge on her! So she doesn't have much that works for warm weather but I hate to buy more...

19. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: yes. I'm starting to wean her. I skipped the 930 pump today. I am really struggling with my personal self and while I know the lack of sleep is a big thing, I just don't feel happy lately. I hate that and it is really hard to admit finally. I feel so tied down because of nursing. I think mentally it is going to be better for me. I really need to work on me. I know that I am not being the best Mom I can right now, cause of everything on my shoulders.
    @IRunForFun: @Mrs. Toad: I put a couple 3-6 bubbles on LO but they are big still. But I have all this 3-6 or 6M summer stuff from LO1. I want her to wear it. At least it is warm here till Sept so hopefully she will eventually fit into it.

20. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I am with you! You never stop worrying! And they are all so different!

@Mrs. Toad: Baby clothes are such a waste! She barely wore some of her 0-3 clothes. I'm way too lazy these days to put her in outfits!

@IRunForFun: Eh, I'd just let the bigger stuff be a little loose! Better this way than the other way around!

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Hugs. I think it's good you can recognize you are struggling and identify areas you can change to help improve your mental health! So hopefully the formula will both relieve you of that tied down feeling AND lessen the stress of her weight gain and tummy issues!

@snowjewelz: Haha I put DD in a cute outfit this morning, then she barfed all over it at the doctor's office and I had to put her in the sleeper I had in my diaper bag anyway.

22. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Haha I always forget to change the clothes/diapers in the bag! Yesterday DD had to go back to size 1 diapers b/c I never exchanged them out for size 2. At least I was able to stuff her in it!

23. snowjewelz

I actually think I know why she doesn't eat much during the day, because she's up nursing like 3-4 times! At least last night!

24. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: That would make sense! But that's a lot!

Poor DD had a miserable time after her shots on Monday. She was sleepy that day but sooo sad and uncomfortable that night, then yesterday she as a MESS and running a low grade fever. She was just inconsolable and Tylenol only seemed to help for an hour or so at a time. She seems a bit better today, thankfully!

25. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Aww, I'm glad she's doing better, must have been a tough day for you both

Had 5 month appt today... 14 lbs 14 oz, 25". Gained a little over a lb so not bad I guess! Seems like she'll be a peanut like me!

26. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Haha 14 lbs 4 oz sounds huge to me! DD would have to gain 3.5 lbs in a month to be that big! I'll be happy if she reaches 12.5 lbs by 5 months.

27. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I think 14lbs is a great weight for 5 months. I'm with @IRunForFun: and if mine was 12lbs at 5 months I would be thrilled.

I took her to the pedi yesterday, no ear infection, think the craprastic sleep could be from the dairy in her still from trying regular formula. She was 11.7lbs but she ate less then an hour before. Even though she spit up a ton all over me. I looked like I peed my pants at the doctors office.

28. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Well, that's good there's no ear infection, but darn that you just have to wait it out due to the dairy! Is she 11 lbs 7 ozs, or 11.7 lbs? I always get confused by that.

Anyone else dealing with a major mommy preference? DD cries pretty much any time she's with DH or he tries to hold her. It's frustrating for both of us, he feels discouraged and I feel like I can't get a break!

29. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: yes sorry 11lbs 7ozs. Aww! That's hard. I would just try and have him do more with her without you around.

30. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: my first was like that. It was a bit exhausting and she is still a mamas girl. No advice really, my parenting strategy is always to go with what my babies want.

Tomorrow is s's 4 month appointment . She's 5 days over. I feel like she's huge although she's such a distracted nurser I don't know how she got huge. I'll update with stats tomorrow!

31. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: How is she handling the Nutramigen?

I feel like DH and DD do get a fair amount of time together. Weekdays usually they hang out after he gets home while I work out or maybe run an errand. Weekends I typically have at least one work (doula) related appointment so he's with her 2 to 3 hours, and then I usually take 3 or 4 hours to go do something for myself. He usually just reports that she fussed and cried the whole time.

@Peasinapod: Yeah, it's so tough, I just also feel bad for DH because he wants to be able to comfort her and it makes him sad that he can't seem to. Good luck with the 4 month appt!!

32. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: so far ok. She has two bottles st day care. They say she spits up more then the BM bottle though.

33. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: I am sorry you're dealing with all of these stresses. I totally understand the feeling blegh--I've kind of been there the past couple of weeks. Just worn down from being back at work and no sleep; my oldest is also still making bedtime a total nightmare for hours. Also all my hair is falling out and that makes me feel like crap! Solidarity, lady. We'll get through it!

34. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Aw, have him keep at it! It's harder for dudes to bond, I think, but there are studies that say that the more they act as caretaker, the more they'll connect (I mean, obviously, but science!).

35. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Peasinapod: Same on the huge front! I feel like LO hates eating still but she's a whopper at 13 pounds (okay, 50th percentile, but feels big to me!).

36. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Mrs. Toad: I've already jumped to 6 month clothes, but that's okay with me because DD1 was in that range during the summer so that's the size that all of the cutest things are in.

37. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: With DD1 she always had, and still has a mommy preference even though I spend the least time with her! Maybe she likes the milk smell on you! Would it help to tell him to use your shirt to hold her?

@babypugs: omg the hair falling out. I want to cry every time I'm in the shower. I've been through this one already, and my hair only got better after I got pregnant again! As soon as I'm done nursing I'm gonna start taking biotin. But yes, it's depressing on top of everything else!

38. snowjewelz

We finally have a roller at 5 months! But her arm always get stuck so we have to help her out a little.

39. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Peasinapod: @babypugs: DD is on the huge side. 4 month checkup is tomorrow and I will have updated stats then. However, I took her in at 3 months to do a weight/how much did she eat at one time check prior to going back to work - mainly so I knew how much to put into a bottle. She was 13 lbs and 90th percentile then.

40. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: DS still runs to me, more now than he used to because DH is a SAHD. DD wants me most when she is hungry or tired and likes me all of the rest of the time. However, she handles both DH and I well most of the time.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee