Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: Yeah K doesn't eat that much either. My supply is just alright; so her eating a little less has actually helped me save more milk. I think it's because she still wakes to nurse like 2-3 times overnight so she's making it up then!

I'm glad she's doing better! What will you have to look out for when she starts solids?

Sleep here is just okay. I think we don't put her to bed early enough, but tis life and we will deal. She still hates tummy time but can more or less sit up alone for a good amount of time. SOO much easier! I can just prop some pillows around her when she plays and I can just sit around and play with with her & DD1 together or walk to get a drink or something.

She def has a little separation anxiety lately, I think from learning distance, etc. Otherwise she's pretty chill and happy!

She will be 6 mo and starting solids in 2 weeks

2. snowjewelz

Bump?

3. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@snowjewelz: Just no foods with dairy. We will start with purees, so at first it will be all veggies and fruit.
    She ate 1 oz from her 5oz bottle this morning. WTF? I hope her teacher got her to eat some before the hour window of formula was up. Just eat baby! I need you gain weight not lose it! I can't believe they will be 6 months soon!
    LO wants to crawl so bad. She scoots and rolls all over the place. Still can't sit, not even tripod yet.

4. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

B is "sitting" if I sit her and watch her closely. But she'll sit a few mins at a time and it's only when she gets playing too much, she forgets about balance it seems and tips over!! I did her Father's Day pic with her sitting and holding the wooden letters, can't wait to see them off my camera!

Sleep is shit. Like straight up. Up several times before 10pm. Tried to put her down twice and she woke (this was just after 10) and fed up, asked DH to help. He walked and rocked for 40 mins and put her down, boom....awake. She ended up in bed with me and we got a decent sleep, but ughhh I desperately want her in her crib, on her down. She's usually a great mapper too, but just two 45 min naps today, not getting past that first cycle, so I wonder what's up.

Took a bottle for DH yesterday. 5.5oz while I took DD1 to the doc. Then I pumped and will use for bedtime tonight.

We are giving her oatmeal baby cereal as a time killer sometimes, mushed up banana on her tray and baby crackers here and there. She loooves it all, it's super cute. Sweet potato is probably our first official food, that we will probably try soon, next grocery store trip I will have to get some sp's!

5. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I want to "sleep train" but I don't even know where to start and who's method to follow. I know I need a solid/consistent bedtime routine first.

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I'm glad formula seems to be going better for her, but hopefully she'll eat more of it soon! Maybe her system is still adjusting? Will you try introducing dairy to her at any point - like after a year or something? Are you getting to eat dairy now!?! Jealous! DD is only 4.5 months and ped said I can trial dairy in my diet when she's 6 months, but I'm not too optimistic she'll handle it well...

@snowjewelz: Hooray on sitting! I can't believe your DD is so close to 6 months. I'm like a full month behind you.

@sunnyday: I'm sorry about the crap sleep. I wish I had some advice on sleep training.

We are doing pretty well over here. Sleep isn't too bad (knocking on all the wood.) She goes down in her crib around 8ish - I change her diaper, put her in the sleep sack, read a book, turn on white noise, nurse, rock till very drowsy or asleep, and put her down. She's usually up once to eat but the time varies. Sometimes it's 2 am, sometimes it's 4. Sometimes I have a hard time getting her back to sleep, sometimes she falls right back to sleep. 2 nights ago she was awake from 2 to 4 am and that was frustrating. But I can't complain about just one wake up, really.

Naps are a different beast. If I let her nap on me she'll sleep 90 mins to 2 hours. If I put her in the crib it's 30 to 40 minutes and she won't go back to sleep. I desperately want longer crib naps so I can get stuff done.

She can tripod sit for short periods of time and can sit relatively well supported by the boppy. During tummy time she'll flail all her limbs like she wants to move but doesn't know what to do.

Weight gain is still our biggest challenge. She's only gained about 4 or 5 ozs in 2 weeks. I'm really hoping we can just hold out till starting solids and help her gain that way.

7. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Yes! Mine is up like twice before I even go to sleep! The only good thing is that she pretty much will always nurse back to sleep, so I just haven't bothered to do anything about it.

@IRunForFun: You are almost there! I started DD1 on solids 2 weeks before she was 6 month since she was meeting all the ready signs already... It def will help with the extra calories!

@babypugs: I think I saw on another thread you have plugged ducts? I hope you figure out how to resolve them! My friend currently has really bad ones too, no fun!

8. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I'm sorry sleep is so bad. Maybe try letting her cry for 5 mins, go in pick her up and calm her, and put her back down, and keep repeating till she gets the hang of it. @IRunForFun: Yes! I had pizza over the weekend and it was as good as I remember. I can't wait to have cake at the wedding on Saturday. I am going to talk to her pedi at her 9 month visit, but maybe try some dairy then. I don't want to do it at 6 months since we just tried it and it didn't work. I know most outgrow the intolerance by 9-12 months.
    I hear you on the weight gain. I was going to take her next week for a weight check, but with her being sick I wonder if there is a point. Naps are the same here. Saturday she napped 30ish in the crib, woke up, we would go rock her, and she would wake up as soon as we put her down. So I finally gave up and she napped on me for an hour.

I'm nervous for this weekend. It is a family wedding so we have the rehearsal dinner Friday and then wedding on Sat. So baby is going to be out at bedtime. I am hoping she will just sleep on me or someone else the whole time. I got her headphones to try.

9. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: I wish she was showing more signs of readiness for solids b/c I'd start her a little early to help her weight, but she still doesn't really grab for our food or anything and I want her to be able to sit better. I've always said I didn't want to start with cereal, but I might around 5 months if she still isn't really gaining.

@Smurfette: Mmmm pizza. I miss it so much. I miss cheese in general.

10. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: try oatmeal instead of cereal. My LO doesn't seem to care about our food either. but I don't remember LO1 did either before we started solids.

11. snowjewelz

DD1 was interested enough but DD2 right now is like grabbing, head diving and straight out trying to bite our food... It's a little scary, haha.

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh yeah I would def do oatmeal rather than rice cereal. I guess I still think of oatmeal as cereal.

@snowjewelz: That's too funny! DD definitely watches us as we eat, like watches the food go from hand to mouth, but that's about it.

13. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: DD2 is also still congested/has a cold. It's constant! I don't remember DD1 being this sick in daycare. She also doesn't drink much at daycare...drink babies drink! I know her sleep would improve if she ate more during the day!

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: @IRunForFun: I'm pumped about food, but am dreading working it into our already overcrowded schedule. I can't wake up EARLIER to feed her breakfast!!!

@sunnyday: We didn't do it until 8 months, but Ferber was a life saver for our shit-tastic sleeper last time. I have done it full on this round, but I definitely embrace a tiny bit of cry/fussing and it seems to have helped. Whatever you decide on, good luck! I know how hard it must be not to be sleeping.

14. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: I finally got both of them out! It took LO being SUPER hungry after daycare--she was feeding like an aggressive little goblin and sucked them both out! Such a relief.

15. Smurfette

@babypugs: Oh breakfast will be at day care. We will start with dinner, right when we get home. Then I will add a lunch time one. Then finally breakfast. My pedi wants them on three meals by 9 months.

16. snowjewelz

@babypugs: aggressive goblin, lol! I guess in that case it worked out that she wasn't drinking much at daycare! glad you didn't have to resort to tougher methods!

17. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@babypugs: aggressive little goblin haha babies are so funny.

Hope everyone is doing well! Reading all the milestone updates is so interesting. I know all babies go at their own rates but S isn't doing half the things the rest are! But I recorded all her sisters milestones so I know she's not behind yet.

For you guys with older ones, are you just loving seeing the sibling dynamic? S adores her sister so much, I honestly think it's why she's such a chill baby, she's happy as long as she can see her sister.

18. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Do you guys have to send breakfast? DD1's daycare provided baby food, but this daycare doesn't...not sure how it all works yet!

@snowjewelz: Yeah for once it worked out beautifully! Haha

19. snowjewelz

@Peasinapod: The only reason I know what mine is doing is b/c I still follow the wonder weeks app. Otherwise, I completely have no clue what milestones she's supposed to hit until I look at DD1's pictures!

I do love the sibling dynamic! DD1 is only 2.5 so it's def not all lovey dovey all the time but when she is sweet, it's sooo cute. And it's awesome that watching DD1 is basically the main source of entertainment for DD2 so I don't even have to do anything

20. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Peasinapod: The look on her face! Haha. My LO is rolling front to back but not much else-- I'm in no rush! The sibling thing is absolutely precious. The baby loves watching her sister and it's so fun to see DD1 take a quick break to come over and kiss and have a quick chat with the baby.

21. Smurfette

@Peasinapod: Yes! I was feeding the baby last night and I had to tell my oldest to go to her room cause the baby was just watching her and not eating. They love each other so much. LO1 says all the time she loves being a big sister. I have the best baby Mommy!
    @babypugs: I don't think they provide food till they are on the foods the rest of the school eats. I will have to check. I used to send yogurt for LO1, so that's out with this baby.

22. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

I have been reading along, but haven't really had anything to add.

We had to put the bouncer away, as DD tried to roll over in it. She doesn't like to be on her back. I don't even try to put her down that way anymore. Now I have to fight to keep her on her back during diaper changes. She pushes off with her feet and scoots forward (but not very far); I wonder if and when she will start army crawling. DS army crawled at 7ish months and traditionally crawled at like 11ish months.

I did put her sitting yesterday. She stayed for a few minutes and then slumped to the side. Until she can sit up without slumping, I don't want to start solids. When that happens, it happens.

23. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Peasinapod: It's an interesting sibling dynamic. DD watches DS often and is usually entertained.

DS often wants me to put down DD and play with him. Yesterday, I had DD on my legs while I was lying down, playing and singing with her when he brought me a pad to put DD on, so that I could put him on my legs and throw him around instead. However, he often will help by getting diapers, wipes, and burp cloths as needed. So it's both good and bad.

24. Smurfette

@Mrs. Toad: her teacher told me this morning, she was up on her knees yesterday there. I haven't seen in yet, but I am guessing she will be army crawling by the end of the month. But I love it when they can crawl, it is so fun!

25. snowjewelz

When can they pull up to sit? I am so jumbled up with all the diff milestones now!

26. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: Like from laying on the floor to sitting? I have no clue when LO1 did that.

27. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: thanks for the suggestion. That sounds hellish, haha but probably a step in the right direction.

@babypugs: I have heard of Ferber, thanks, I will have to read up.

@Peasinapod: sibling dynamic is neat. Though it does make me wish we were still going to have a fourth. My older two are 1.5 years apart and so close and that was our "plan" for B and 4th. I know the age gap won't seem like anything in years ahead, but even the odd number bugs me, but they all love each other. I love seeing B light up when she sees them.

28. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

B is doing push ups with her arms, or can get her knees tucked under.....but not both! It makes me feel like crawling is "so close" but realistically it's still likely a ways away.

29. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: I don't remember either.

30. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: Crawling will be fun, but then I have to worry about all the things on the floor. Thankfully, DS is only 2.5, so we don't have much small stuff.

31. Smurfette

@Mrs. Toad: oh yes! She is getting into Lego's so those are going to be only when the baby is napping toys soon.

32. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: Yay so glad you got the plugged ducts out! Well, glad that your LO did. Has her sleep gotten any better?

@Peasinapod: Well our DDs are 2 weeks to a month younger than some of the others! LO rolled both ways pretty early but can only tripod sit for less than a minute and isn't close to crawling or anything.

@Mrs. Toad: We are done using the bouncer too. She doesn't want to stay in it anymore.

@snowjewelz: No idea on getting into sitting position on their own! I feel like it must be a bit later though?

@sunnyday: DD does the same, she can push up with her arms or get her knees under her, but not both. I don't think she's actually trying to move though. Usually once she gets her knees under her she ends up rolling. She thunked her head pretty good on the hardwood floor yesterday doing that - whoops!

DD napped late yesterday - she napped from about 5:30 to 6:30 and then didn't go to bed till 9, woke at 3 and did NOT want to go back to sleep for hours! It was under DH's watch she napped so late, won't be making that mistake again!

33. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Oyy! I almost always choose to just stretch her wake time and risk her getting angry, rather than doing late nap too!

34. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

No more late nap here either!!! Find a way to stretch and hope for the best, haha!

She is reliably napping 9-11 and 1/1:30 to 3, and then yeah....dicey on a 4:30/5 catnap.

35. Smurfette

Ha! LO will nap 530-600 and still go to bed at 7 on school nights. She is so over tired from not napping there. But I am skipping it if we can, and just doing bed time earlier. Last night she was out at 645 and then I still woke her at 630.

36. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: omg that overnight sleep 😳 I can't even imagine. But tradeoff of daytime over tired?

37. Smurfette

@sunnyday: well she wakes up, it isn't solid sleep. But yeah that is the nice thing about her being so over tired and at least I don't have to deal with her all day without napping

38. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: How was the wedding?

@IRunForFun: YES!!! She's been doing two wake up pretty reliably with exceptions for the frequent illnesses, but last night the only time she was up was when I woke her for her dream feed at eleven! I am so well rested. It feels...weird.

39. snowjewelz

@babypugs: that's so nice!

I think I'm just permanently adjusted to broken sleep, haha!

40. Smurfette

@babypugs: It was good. Baby woke up at the rehearsal dinner cause I didn't think about bringing the headphones. But she was in a good mood when she was awake. Sat night slept in the Solly Wrap most of the reception with her headphones on.

She wasn't eating most of the weekend. So I took her to the pedi yesterday and they think she had HFM. She had three little blister looking sores on her knee last Monday but now are almost healed up. SMIL is a doctor and she thought it looked like a viral infection when I sent her a picture. She never had a fever, so I didn't even think about HFM. Just really really bad diaper rash but I figured it was cause she was pooping so much, but I guess a couple spots were HFM. Mom fail! She ate 4ozs this morning, which is the most she has in 3-4 days (in the am) so hopefully she will get back to herself soon. I am over this pooping in the middle of the night stuff. She was 12lb 10ozs fully dressed. So guessing 12lb 8ozs naked, which means she gained a pound since the 23rd. So I think the formula is helping her to pack it on. I am hoping she is over 14lbs by the 14th (her 6M appointment).
    I got the high chair out Sunday and she looks so cute sitting in it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee