Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: 🙌🙌🙌 That's awesome!!! So happy you're finally getting some sleep!!

@Smurfette: Awww poor baby. I'm glad she seems to be feeling better though. And that's great on the weight gain! How was the cake? 😜 We got out the high chair too, and I agree, it's adorable. She mostly just bangs her toys around on the tray while we eat, but we need to get better at eating earlier because twice she's drifted off to sleep sitting up (it's almost her bed time.)

We are doing pretty well over here. Night sleep is still decent, although I'm exhausted today because it was just too hot to sleep last night. I was annoyed to be sleeping so fitfully when it wasn't even due to the baby. The biggest thing is I've got her doing at least one long nap in the crib since Friday. Hope it continues because it's sooo nice to either have time to myself or to get stuff done instead of spending 2 hours pinned down with her sleeping on me.

Oh! I also noticed that some honey almonds I'd been eating all week contained butter and her poops looked normal. Yesterday I bought some muffins baked with milk ingredients and ate half of one; still waiting on her to poop today to see how she reacts. If that goes OK I may try yogurt or something in a few days.

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Bump

3. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: Disappointing. I should have held out to try the bottom layer. The one I had was strawberry icing and it wasn't my favorite. Baby has been so tired on Thurs and Mon night from not napping, I had to keep waking her up to finish her bottle before bed. I wish she would nap more there. It is so heartbreaking seeing her to exhausted.
    That's awesome about the almonds. Maybe baked milk will be ok! Hope the crib nap keeps up!

4. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: Big sister is still hogging the high chair over here! Gotta move her to the booster seat NOW since we're starting solids next week! It's great that she gained a lb! And so crazy that she had HFM! DD1 had that and it was not fun...

@IRunForFun: Oo, maybe she is starting to outgrow the intolerance?!

5. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Awww I bet people loved her asst the reception! So sorry she's sick, that sounds awful.

@IRunForFun: Ugh, yes, I swear our room is always hot too! I had to move DD1's bed across the room to be closer to the fan. I am not down with this super hot weather!

6. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

HFM is no fun. DD1 got it mildly at 20m, gave it to my Mom and omg it was horrific.

Things not getting better here. B and DS tested pos for strep on saturday, me today. Everyone but Dad is on amoxicillin and I'm an achey, sweaty, chills mess. Want to cave my head in, so much pain, my glands feel like they are going to explode. Theee nights ago she literally did not sleep. Screamed, wouldn't nurse, wouldn't take paci, could tell she was in pain. Her mouth/back of throat is gross, DS too, the poor souls. Things have slowly gotten better thankfully, for her, lol. I feel like I'd rather be hit by a truck.

So yah.....I'm over sickness. Feel like I have seen no family or play dates in eons. When will it end!!

7. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I'm already over the heat. I wish we were going to the East coast in July and not August, miss the foolish heat here like last year if we were gone for July. But ocean will be warmer in August, haha!

I usually loveeeee the heat, but with B and always needing shade and her usually on me in some form.....just bleh!!

8. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I hope your house gets better soon. That sounds just awful. I'm sorry!!
    I forgot how hot it is to wear a baby in the summer.

9. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: OMG that's awful!!! I hope you all feel better soon and sickness stays away for a good long time.

@Smurfette: What carrier are you using? I have the Lillebaby Airflow with the mesh which is supposed to be cooler but even with that I sweat r like crazy.

So I've been eating the muffins that have milk ingredients and DD had one poop that was green yesterday, but it wasn't mucousy or bloody. And perfectly normal poops since then. Hmmmmmm. I might get brave enough to try eating yogurt soon...

10. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I use the Solly and Ktan the most often. I have an older Ergo but it is really hot cause I have to use the infant insert in it.

That would be so awesome if she outgrew the intolerance already!

11. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: I'm so sorry. That sounds miserable.

I'm still mostly using the Moby...it's SO hot!

12. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: This is so crazy, I am so sorry! Summer is not supposed to be like that?! I hope everyone gets better! Where are you going on the EC?

@IRunForFun: My local babywearing group super into Solar Connectas... It's made out of swim trunk material and I love mine! I have a toddler size tho so I haven't used it with K2 but I might try since they give you a strap to cinch the bottom...

13. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: leaving Ontario and driving through Canadian way. Overnight in Quebec. Then into Nova Scotia. DH is from there and allll his fam is there!

B screamed last night from 8pm to 1130. In our arms, not in our arms. Changed, changed again, looked her over. Screaming. It was awful, then slept til 2, then 5:20.

I'm considering stopping nursing. I said I would do 6 months this time. 6 months exactly is a little hectic timing with other things, so right now may be better. I thought I would just keep going through summer with us away, but I think it might be best for me to stop sooner.

14. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Nice! Weather should be awesome up there!
    I hope you feel good about whatever you want to do! I feel like nursing as pros and cons when you're away; it's easy b/c you are the source; no extra work needed, but then it's also nice not to be relied on!
    Wonder if it's teething? DD has been cranky a lot too...

15. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I won't lie it is so nice not having to be the one to always feed your child. Yeah you can leave a bottle but you still have to pump. I say do whatever is going to make you happy cause happy Mom = happy baby in my book.

16. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: I have been feeling her guns and while she loves to gnaw, always lots of drool, I'm doubtful because the other two didn't crack their first teeth til 9 and 10 months!! I reallly hope she doesn't do it tonight. I'm going to go out for an hour or two in my own and don't want to have to rush back on a "she's freaking out again" call.

17. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I'm pretty set on quitting. I hate saying quitting, but it is what it is I guess! I'm totally okay being done. Get sappy when I think about this being my last baby, but get over it pretty quick.

18. Smurfette

@sunnyday: don't think of it as quitting. It's getting your body back to yourself!

19. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: you're right. I don't have to justify it to myself or anyone, it's just switching ways to feed her!

I bought some formula tonight, eeek! When to start!? Lol.

20. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: @sunnyday: I hate living on a three hour schedule dependent totally on my boobs. My husband gets to go to an awesome concert out of town tonight...and I don't. I dream of switching to formula but honestly I think I am too lazy to deal with bottles around the clock.

My first LO cracked a tooth right before six months...I feel like it's imminent over here! The gnawing/drooling is out of control! I love baby teeth coming in, so cute. I can't wait.

21. Smurfette

@babypugs: I don't think washing bottles is that bad. It is really only 3 more bottles during the week but I don't have pump parts now.
    My first had a tooth about now. I keep feeling for one but so far nothing. She is chewing on everything and drooling, so maybe soon.

22. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Yes, you're not quitting! She is still eating and growing! I think I'm going to start supplementing a little bit too... My supply is dipping and I don't want to deplete my freezer stash so quickly. I supplemented DD1 at 6 mo too but I'm in a better position so far, since DD2 doesn't even eat that much

@babypugs: Mine has been so cranky and crazy with sleep, etc I think teeth is coming too. My first sprouted at 6 mo.

23. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Positives over here!!

I'm definitely getting better, wooo!

B is as well! We tried a Ferber esque bedtime last night. Didn't do a check until 10 mins. Picked her up and calmed her, sang twinkles one more time and told her it was time to sleep. Back down and cried 4 more mins and was asleep!! Until 10:45 (4 hours on the nose since bedtime, she has an internal clock!!) woke 3:10, nursed, back to bed 3:30. Needed to cry 7 mins. Up 5:30, I should have just gotten up w he then, but pulled her into bed and we slept til 6:40!

Attempted a formula bottle. Omg the poor thing, I was laughing at her. Has taken a bm bottle no prob, so grabbed the bottle and pulled it in her mouth and you could see her face like....what is this Mom!?! Didn't fuss, but you could tell she was not impressed. Just gnawed on the bottle nipple, took the odd sip. I opted to nurse her and have since. Will look into it, can I combo bm with formula in same bottle to transition? Anyways! Will figure that out, no pressure, just ugh. Haha.

She also has THE WORST bum rash. Bleeding, chapped, awfulness. Just on the surface (if that makes sense) and I think from the strep meds in her urine as it's more upfront versus back. She rolls on the changepad and rubs it as she flips and the cry is the worst. Trying to be so so careful cleaning it, but it's pretty impossible to not hurt her to get it cleaned up. Switched her into disposables just so I can slather anything and everything all over it to keep her comfortable.

No weekend plans, going out for pizza dinner and ice cream with my Mom tonight. Fair start to the weekend! Haha.

24. Smurfette

@sunnyday: mix the formula up in a bottle and then pour the BM in. The stir it together. Try 3/4BM and 1/4 FM, then half and half, etc....
    Glad you are feeling better. So awesome she didn't cry for long! We have a horrible rash going on over here too.

LO1 has a fever, acting totally normal but I hope the baby doesn't get it.

25. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Aww poor babe! Hope the butt gets better. I feel so horrible for them when they get bad diaper rash! DD1 has had a few; so far none for DD2 but she does have a slight rash under her chin from all the drooling!

I plan to do light supplementing too in the near future; DD1 took formula bottles with no issue; I hope DD2 will too!

@Smurfette: I never mixed with DD1 b/c I didn't want to waste anymore of my precious low supply haha! So I just winged it and gave a full bottle to her and surprisingly she never cared!

26. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I only did it this time cause she wasn't eating a ton. The dairy free formula smells and tastes bad. So it helped

27. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Aww! I always thought formula smelled and tasted bad in general

28. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: she drank regular formula no issues.

29. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: I got a whiff of it yesterday and was like "oh yeah.....formula smell" haha.

She whimpered three times on off for 30 seconds or so tonight, and out! She even leaned to be put down tonight! This is so nice, like we both needed this!

30. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: I use APNO on her chin and it clears it up in minutes. Maybe exaggerating, but not by much, that stuff is miracle cream!

31. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: thank-you! I will try that!! I can pump or have enough in freezer to switch over.

32. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

I think I create bad sleepers... S looks at me like I'm abandoning her for life if I try to put her in the crib anytime other than when she's fully asleep. I hold her for naps. My first was like this too except more wakeups.

33. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: DD has a yeasty diaper rash that will not quit. I have APNO. I wonder if I could put it on her butt?

34. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: yeasty ones are so hard my doc has a magic cream he prescribes (not really magic, but clears yeasty dots up fast!!) I need to have some on hand. I have put APNO on them before, alternated bum changes with that and then nothing and some solid air time.

35. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: bleh, that's hard. Sleep is just straight up crazy. So different for all. I have so much envy for those who have unicorn sleeping babies!

36. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: I may have to see what the doc can prescribe if it doesn't clear. We've been doing clotrimazole cream (basically athlete's foot cream lol) with a layer of A+D over it, diaper free time in the sun, air dry after bath, etc. It seems like it clears up temporarily and then comes back. Annoying!

37. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: with my first I even tried to sleep train and it didn't work! So now I'm hesistent to try anything with S . After 12 months e just magically started sleeping well and going down no problem so I guess I'm hoping the same happens this time .

But it is hard on me and my husband to never have any us time... we miss eachother but also with two young kids the times we are together are stressful!

38. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: lotramin(jock itch cream) is the best for a yeast rash. Then later aquaphor over it, and put a ton of it on. It is helping my LOs rash.

What is APNO?
    @Peasinapod: sleeping training went way easier with our 2nd. Worth a try!

39. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh yeah Clotrimazole is the generic of Lotrimin! We've been layering A+D over, maybe I should try Aquaphor. APNO is All Purpose Nipple Ointment, it's a prescription ointment that has antifungal, antibacterial, and...something else I can't remember.

40. snowjewelz

@Peasinapod: I still hold mine for naps. We're probably done with 2, so I kind of never want to put her down on the weekends! I never sleep trained my first and tho it was rough at times she eventually learned and slept relatively well so we wanted to keep the same "go with the flow" approach.

I feel ya on missing out on time with each other tho! Some nights we get some good uninterrupted time together, some nights baby is up like 2 times before even go to bed!

We started solids yesterday! We figure it was time since she is 6 months tomorrow! She had some banana for breakfast and some avocado during dinner! Ate everything like a ravenous beast! But now she goes after our food even more aggressively thinking that she can just eat everything

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee