Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Yay for solids! I keep being really tempted to just put food on C's high chair tray for her to play with while we eat, but she's just 5 months today and I know it's way too early! She did suck on a strawberry (from my dads garden) over the weekend and she seemed to like it!

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Bump

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: With DD1, I used to put paint inside ziploc and tape it onto the high chair tray for her to play with!

4. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: That's a good idea! Right now we just put toys on the tray but she seems to be frustrated being strapped in or something. She's happier if we leave the tray off but I want her to get used to it!

5. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Is anyone's LO on 2 naps yet? I feel like it's early for just 2 naps but I also have no idea what I'm talking about. If DD wakes up around 7ish, she'll typically nap from about 9:30 to 11:30 or 12. Then she'll nap again from about 2/2:30 to 4/4:30. We start the bed time routine at 7:30 or 8. If she doesn't have a good afternoon nap she might just cat nap for a 3rd nap between 4 and 5, but she seems to have more of a 2 nap pattern.

6. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@IRunForFun: yes mine basically are. Like yours they get up at 6/7am go down again at 8:15 or so, sleep until 11-12am and then again for another 2-3h. They sometimes take a catnap in the car when we pick their siblings up. But it is definitely two big naps.

I've actually noticed about a month ago that F spits up way more when I have dairy so I have basically cut it from my diet and she is much happier now. Now bloody stools or anything though so I still it little portions as in ice cream etc.

7. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: If she's taking such long naps, she may be ready to! I think DD1 went to the 2-3-4 schedule around 7 months. DD2 right now does 2 naps sometimes, but on the weekends especially, I try to squeeze in a last cat nap so I don't have to rush if we're out somewhere.

8. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: sleep training worked with my first, but not a chance in hell with my second!!! So far so good for B. Wakings have reduced a bit, but not having to walk and rock to sleep or nap has been the biggest plus.

9. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: wooo solids. B loves banana pieces she gets here and there. I made a sweet potato shepherds pie last night and set aside some sweet potato to entertain her while we ate and she seemed to like it! I don't think she got much, but was still fun to offer.

Someone has been up rocking on all fours, doing planks and can definitely get somewhere she wants to go 😳 Look out!! She's basically the most inefficient worm ever to describe how she moves!! Haha.

10. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: haha yes it's kinda painful to watch them try to get somewhere!

Ah, my baby is 6 months today, since she turned out to be a Dec baby! But I will forever be in here with you guys

11. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: remember when the guesses were that I would go first!? Haha!!

Can't believe they're hitting 6 months already!!

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Pumuckl: @snowjewelz: I think I did jinx myself because today she was up just before 6...so today will be a 3 nap day! Hahaha.

@sunnyday: Aw, she'll be crawling soon! DD does this thing I don't know how to describe, it's kind of an inchworm movement, but with her face on the ground. She gets her knees under her and then with one cheek on the ground she flattens back out so she's moved forward. It's like she's crawling on her face instead of using her arms hahaha.

@snowjewelz: Happy 6 months to K!

13. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@IRunForFun: hahaha on the worm, you just perfectly described how J moves forward it looks so funny... Sorry about the getting up at 6am part. Hope she'll take 3 naps. I've had soem rather unhappy babies the last couple of days, not sure whether it's a wonder week or teething or just beeing miserable from the heat...

14. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: hahaha! baby C, you have hands and arms girl! but hey, whatever gets you forward!

15. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: we aren't close to it since she is takes cat naps most days. Ha, the worm!
    @sunnyday: so cute!! LO gets up on her knees, as soon as she figures out what to do with her hands, I think she will be off.

Things here are good still. She is still pooping overnight her rash is way better at least. Makes me nervous to add solids in a couple weeks. Afraid what it will do to her tummy. In other news, I start a new job tomorrow!

16. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Pumuckl: That's too funny! My sister said she has a friend whose baby "face crawled" until it started walking! And yes, definitely a 3 nap day. It's 4:30 pm here and just put her down for a cat nap.

@snowjewelz: Haha she pushes up on her hands and arms just fine...but not when she's moving. She's a weirdo.

@Smurfette: Glad her rash is improving. Good luck with the new job! Is this a positive move for you?

17. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Exciting! Hope all goes well! Ugh, pooping overnight sucks!!

18. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: good luck tomorrow! Did you change company too or just a new job within your current company? Boo on the overnight poops. Hope she'll figure that out soon...

I can't believe so many babies are getting so close to crawling. Time really does fly and it's so bittersweet for me this time since we are definitely done so it's all firsts but also lasts...

19. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I hope it is a postive move. Lateral move right now but more potential.
    @Pumuckl: different company. An old boss called me and wanted me. Bonus it is a 4 mile commute! Which saves us hundreds in gas a year. I was driving 40 round trip.

20. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

5 months today and I officially have a roller! She's like my first in that she's using it as a mode of transportation. It's cute to see her enjoying her newfound freedom. Still seems to be a back sleeper though. I had kind f hoped she'd flip to her tummy like my first did since she's developing quite a bald spot from rubbing her head at night.

21. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: @Smurfette: I'm getting kind of excited for starting S on solids. She constantly tries to steal my food and puts everything in her mouth so I'm hoping she'll actually be into it. I am also secretly hoping that if she is into it my first will want to eat more because she gets jealous of anything the baby gets.

22. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: our naps are still all over the place since she kind of sleeps on the go while I chase her sister around. But my first was doing 3 at this age. Last one was more of a cat nap like you describe.

23. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

So I'm finalllllly quitting nursing. Haha. Had her first combo formula/bm bottle this am and will until fully switched over. I have pumped milk to use for mix and will pump down (and shower lots!!) as needed and hopefully the pain won't be too horrendous. I'm cold turkey type, so hopefully in a week or so I will be all dried up.

We have just had two days of parties. My Moms surprise 50th Friday, and a 90th yesterday. Two late nights, all three kids are toast and I'm so over people, haha. Need my four walls and routine back. B so clingy, she would barely go with my parents at the parties, DH even struggled with her, just wanted Momma. Last nights dinner was taken away before I got a chance to eat and I had to go into the kitchen and pick from the food after the servers/employees had picked. Life with three? Lol. Won't last, but ugh, I love home and routine and warm food, ha!!

24. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: It's always so crazy to re-cover from weekends!

K doesn't really like to roll. Her main thing is sitting, and grabbing stuff. She expanded her palette a lot this weekend; she is seriously obsessed with good. No crawling or even signs of crawling since she still hates tummy time lol!

I've officially made it longer EBF than my first so I'm really happy! I'm not sure how attainable it is to get to a year, so I'm just hoping for this month, then the next...

Poor thing spiked a fever after her 6 mo shots but is fine now. Her sleep has been kinda crazy, I'm so tired! I think it's her teeth, but who knows...

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Good luck with the weaning! I hope you don't have to deal with much engorgement.

@snowjewelz: It's so funny how babies are so different! DD rolls like crazy but practicing sitting with her is hard. She mostly wants to bend in half to chew her feet. She still doesn't show any interest in food!

We've been dealing with a crazy rash on her for over a week - 10 days. Ped thinks it's excema, maybe an allergic reaction, but it's all over her body. Doesn't seem to bother her, just looks nasty. Been doing special wash and cream since Friday, it's maybe a tiny bit better?

Also left her with a babysitter for the first time yesterday. She did OK but wouldn't take a bottle so she was crying when we got home. Gotta get her taking a bottle for the sitter for when I'm called out to births!

26. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Have any teeth popped through yet?

27. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: Congrats on the EBF! It's hard to believe that K is 6 months already when E won't be 5 months until tomorrow. Hope the sleep gets better soon.

We haven't started solids because she still doesn't sit well. E is just now starting to tripod. More often she goes from sitting to laying on her tummy.

E rarely rolls and mostly it's to get off her back and to her tummy. She is starting to get her tummy off of the floor, but I don't think that I will have a crawler for a while.

We have moved to the 2-3-4 schedule. Even when she is tired, she won't go down for a third nap. We have just moved her bedtime early (5:15 - 6:00) if her afternoon nap is short. If it is reasonably long, then bedtime is often after 7.

28. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: Woohoo! I remember the 2-3-4 working so well with DD1! I have no idea when we moved DD1 into that, but DD2 def still needs her 3 naps as they're not that long.

@IRunForFun: Oh no! I can't even tell from her pictures! Do they bother her?

No teeth! I feel like I see something white and she has chomped down on my nips but I don't think it broke yet. I supposed those final moments before eruption are the worst tho! I was so tempted to get her am amber necklace! DD1 was never too bothered by teething.

29. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Mrs. Toad: We are on the 2-3-4 as well!!

@snowjewelz: Thankfully it does not seem to bother her! Just can't figure out what's causing it. It's worst on her back but it's also on her chest, neck, and starting to go onto her arms and legs.

30. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: So weird and it's been so long so it can't be caused by a viral thing... I know DD1 had those rashes following getting some kind of virus.
    And you can't be eating something you haven't eaten before for 10 days...
    I hope they figure it out!! Poor thing!

31. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: I love parties but gahhh such a pain with a baby! I was finally starting to enjoy again before DD2, now I'm remembering how challenging it is to do fun things with a schedule! Hope weaning goes okay for you.

@IRunForFun: Poor baby!

@Mrs. Toad: That sounds like a great schedule. She naps so well at daycare but we're a mess on the weekends...maybe this would work for us.

32. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I still have milk. It is crazy. I squeezed some out this morning, three weeks later. The pain was awful for like 3 or 4 days but then it went away.
    @snowjewelz: Mine loves to rolls, wants to crawl so bad, but still isn't sitting without support. Which is what I really want. So awesome you made it 6 months! Good job Mom!
    @IRunForFun: Poor baby! At least it isn't bothering her.

We are no where near 2-3-4. She had 4 naps yesterday. She just doesn't nap long. I tried the last couple nights only giving 3ozs at night cause she isn't eating much in the morning, but then it takes her so long to go back to sleep I am up longer. So that didn't work. She is still pooping over night (granted only once last night, I think, not sure if DH changed her) but her rash is gone thanks to the prescription cream we got from the doctor last week. The pedi gave me samples to try but she seems so sensitive I hate to try something else on her tummy. So we are going to give it a little longer.

33. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Lowered crib mattress today. Caught her pulling up on crib, on her knees 😳 Wtf child. Heart attack!

34. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: wooo on ebf longer! I will have done 4 months with #1, 8 months with #2, 6 months with #3! Poor thing on fever after shots!!! July 11 is Bs 6 month.

@IRunForFun: that rash is craaaaaazy. Hope you can figure out what is triggering it soon. So good it doesn't seem to bug her.

@babypugs: the parties are a good reminder for me to keep things simple when we're away for almost a month this summer. Don't need to plan too much as just doing basics when not at home will be enough!! Gah. Hoping she can get one solid nap each day wherever we are once we are done the drive.

@Smurfette: I remember when I quit cold turkey with DD1, day five was the worst. Turns out someone has started bottle refusing with any taste of formula, so I'm currently pumping to keep her eating, arghhh! I think we've figured out it's the bottle though. We always interchanged no problem between pump bottles (spectra) and playtex inserts. I just used the insert ones for more space and she decided she hates them. Sooo now I am limited to the smaller bottles and only have the two that came with the pump to sneak the mix of formula with, so we'll deal, haha frig she's a smartie pants.

35. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: 😲

@snowjewelz: Yep, even the pedi was stumped. We went through like every possible thing that could cause it but nothing jumped out! She never had fever/other virus symptoms, we haven't changed soap, lotion, or detergent, and I haven't really eaten anything new. I have been eating a lot of fresh strawberries from my dads garden and we thought mayyyybe it was that, but then I looked back in photos and she had the rash before I started eating them. So it's not likely it's that. Who knows!?

36. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: Wow! about the crib. I know DS was pulling up to standing by 8 months, but I don't know when DD will.

37. Smurfette

@sunnyday: Your baby sounds like my first. She was so ahead of milestones, we lowered the crib at 6.5 months cause she was pulling up too.

38. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: So scary! Good that you caught her so you could lower it! My babies don't sleep in cribs; I don't have to think about that...? Haha!

@IRunForFun: So weird... Are you referred to see other doctors? Or just wait and see since she seems perfectly healthy? You should make a thread to ask about random full body rashes in babies!

39. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I have it on video. I think I have caught her before, but was in denial. This time she definitely did it. Craziness! She pulls up on laundry basket she sits inside the bath tub too, so not shocking, but come on baby, slowww down.

40. snowjewelz

Oh man. K seems to be in some kinda growth spurts and has been drinking SO much milk and I've had to dipped into freezer stash this past week! I totally forgot to ask the dr for formula samples last time! I think I need to start supplementing 1 bottle to make my stash last as long as possible (while still pumping/bf-ing).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee