Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: Good sleep and working out. Way to go!!

2. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

bump

3. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Nice job!!! I have BOD and did the 21 Day Fix and then part of PiYo, along with running and walking. For over a month I was working out almost every day. I haven't yet this week though after being up over 24 hrs straight at a birth Monday into Tuesday. Still recovering. And I got bored with PiYo. I am happy to be running (albeit slow and short distances) again and will prob try a different program.

4. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

Soo has anyone Ferbered yet? I don't mind and actually would like to keep the dreamfeed and one more night wake up to resist clogged ducts and keep my supply up, but naps are impossible in the crib and it took me like 4 tries to get her down tonight. I'm wondering if it's time.

5. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@babypugs: we haven't had the need to sleep train since we lucked out that they are pretty amazing sleepers. I do however not feed them after their dreamfeed at midnight until 6am in the morning. If they wake before 6am I do pick them up and try to console them but no feeding. It's usually just 1-3 days in a new environment until they're used to it again...

6. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: Yes, but changed the intervals a bit. It has been a huuuuuge game changer from all the walking and rocking to sleep, and makes naps and bedtime so much easier! We still have night wakings, but the 1-2 we are down to at this point are easy and nothing compared to where we were at.

We didn't do first check until 10min, she's only made it to 10min once (first day) and if she cries at all now, it's like 2 mins while she's trying to find "her spot" and she's out!

7. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@babypugs: we did. She cried an hour and half and I caved. The next night and hour and she woke up LO1. But then she was fine. Then she started rolling over on her back in her sleep and forgetting she could flip( back to like 6-7 wakes up a night) she cried 20 mins and back to sleep. Haven't had issues since.

LO was so sleepy yesterday. Like 5 hours of sleep. She ended the day with a fever. Today she's been fine(no fever) but again I woke her after both naps, 2.5 hrs. Then she took another cat nap on our walk. She slept 7-6 the last two nights. So maybe a growth spurt and some virus?

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: hope she's better and you don't have to miss work...

We officially have teeth now! J2 just cut is two buttom teeth within 48h and I think F will follow suit soon.

9. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: DH is home this week so I would just leave her with him. But she woke up at 2:15 to eat and was still asleep when I left. All normal behavior so I guess she is feeling better (she never had a fever on Sunday). Fudge sticks the STTN isn't sticking. But now we know she can do it, so maybe we need to work on dropping it.
    Teeth so exciting!

10. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Pumuckl: Lucky!! That's awesome.

@sunnyday: @Smurfette: I'm so dreading it but I know SHE needs the sleep! I think I'm going to try this weekend when DD1 is visiting grandma...ugh.

@Smurfette: Hope she is feeling better soon!

@Pumuckl: So cool, those first teeth are sooooo cute.

11. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@babypugs: Aww I know it's always so hard! We didn't sleep train DD1 so I'm not really sleep training DD2 either. She still has wakings and needs help falling asleep but it's not that bad (my motto is no sleep training unless we get to a new low that I cannot accept). Also I've been hanging onto the night time nursing for dear life b/c I don't have great milk supply so as much as I want sleep, I also want my body to keep making milk...

@Pumuckl: Ahh, teeth! I haven't checked the last couple of days; her drooling slowed so maybe they're cutting soon!

12. Smurfette

LO was 13lbs 5zs today. She moved from 5% to 8% for weight. Still holding steady at 15% for height, 24 3/4". Little peanut! Doctor said she looks great. Said to just keep working on getting her to eat food. Unless she loses interest in her bottles, then cut back. I think she is teething, but who knows really!

13. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Great weight gain! I am sure they'll be teething for the next 1.5 years anyway! Mine hasn't been drooling as much, but I don't think anything has cut yet. I don't mind; I sure don't want to be bitten while nursing anyway!

How's everyone doing! We've been quiet here!

14. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: she really is a peanut. Mine both clocked in at 15lbs this week... we won't be at the pediatrician until mid august though so I have no idea on their length.

I ate a bunch of chocolate yesterday and F was uncomfortable all day long and she was spitting up tons... I felt so guilty I gave her previously pumped milk for the last two feeds and she finally pooped so I hope she'll feel better tomorrow. I'll probably risk nursing her later. No more milk chocolate for me...

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Was that from her 6 months appt? I think DD is going to be even tinier! A week away from 6 months and according to our baby scale she was 12 lbs 12.5 oz yesterday! We started BLW but I don't think she's actually swallowing anything. I'm interested to see if, at her 6 month appt, the pedi recommends purees to get her to actually eat. I think she's growing on her curve though, so hopefully not.

@Pumuckl: Oh my, teeth already! We've got no signs of teeth yet. Poor F. You can still eat dark chocolate!!

@snowjewelz: Ugh DD clamps down HARD on my nipples sometimes and it hurts so I am NOT looking forward to teeth.

We are headed to ILs this weekend, with the caveat that I'll head back immediately if a doula client I have goes into labor. In that case DH would stay with DD and the ILs would drive him home Sunday. I brought a bunch of milk just in case. I'm nervous about how tonight will go because we will be driving till about bed time and it's impossible to keep her awake in the car. Plus she'll be sleeping in the pack and play, which she's never done before. I'm predicting not a lot of actual sleep.

16. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: hope your trip goes well and you don't have to rush back!

17. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: yes it was her 6m appointment. I hope this weekend goes better then expected!

This baby is so frustrating. She just won't drink her bottles. So I guess no food today cause I know she needs the milk more.

18. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Pumuckl: teeth!!! Oh wow! B has quite the bite on her, but no teefies yet!

@IRunForFun: baby arrival this weekend?? Hope it all worked out okay. How did sleep in PnP go? I need to put it in Bs room in another week and start napping her in hers before our trip! She's never slept in it and will have three weeks in it!

B has been super clingy, and not going down for naps the last two days. Wondering if something developmental, or something!? Poor soul.

She had her 6m appt Tuesday last week and is 16.6lbs!!! My DD1 was 16.62lbs at her 6m, so kinda crazy and seems she's "caught up" for how little she was! She was 14.8lbs June 10! Formula fat!? lol.

I got B pulling up on video today. She pulled up on my glass shower wall yesterday, and the one on video was on me, she's a nut. Not a fan, so wobbly and she's going to hurt herself.

Had pasta at dins tonight and she was obsessed with it, it was really cute!!

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Baby didn't arrive yet! We made it home. DD didn't sleep well in the pnp the first night. Was up crying every hour, but just hearing my voice telling her it was OK soothed her. She did both naps in it the next day and second night just one wake up to nurse!

20. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I usually tried and put a blanket under the sheet in the PnP so it is a little softer for LO1. I forgot when we used it the first time overnight with LO2 and she did fine luckily. But it doesn't look comfy at all to me. Glad that she slept good. And the baby didn't come yet.
    @sunnyday: Big baby on the go!!

We had a rough weekend. Baby just decided she wouldn't eat. Sunday was bad. 2ozs total between 6:30am and 6pm. The Children's Hospital Nurse (they call for afterhours) thought that maybe it was teething. So we gave her Motrin and tried a bottle an hour later, only drank 1oz. She wouldn't eat baby food either. So the nurse had the doctor on call us. She thinks it was cause we stopped her middle of the day Zantac dose (Sat was the first day) We have been gone all day before and forgot it and she never reacted like this. But I gave her some at 4pm and then her normal night time dose. Thankfully she drank 6ozs at bedtime like normal. Then she drank 6ozs (two wake ups) over night and then 3ozs this morning (which was only 2 hours after she ate last, so that is normal for her). Hopefully she is back to normal. Pedi said it was either the zantac or some bug. She was acting totally normal. Crawling around trying to eat people's toes and smiling for everyone (we were at a family thing). She still had wet diapers but I was starting to freak out about her getting dehydrated.

I got the walker out last night, she was smiling and having so much fun playing with her big sister and it this morning. It was adorable. I need to get the music table out as well cause she LOVES to stand up, so maybe she can work on supporting herself with it.

21. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Sweet and tiny!

@Pumuckl: 15 lbs over here as well! Seems huge to me.

@IRunForFun: Thank goodness all was okay! Babies are surprisingly adjustable...sometimes.

@Smurfette: What a scare, so sorry. That little buddy will just not ease up on the eating issues! Poor baby. We pulled the jumper down this weekend (omg, there are so many cobwebs in our attic aghhh) and she was loving it! She would just bounce and grin while watching DD2 jump on the trampoline. So cute.

22. Smurfette

@babypugs: Seriously. We can't catch a break with her eating or lack there of!

23. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh my gosh that would totally freak me out, too! I'm glad she finally ended up eating/drinking and seems OK. What the heck P?? Give your mama a break!!

I wanted to pad up the pack n play mattress but then of course was Googling about it and saw all this stuff about it not being safe. 🙄 I agree it doesn't seem comfy at all! I think the first night though just ended up being because she was confused about where she was since she did fine the second night. Who knows.

@babypugs: Hahaha DD still doesn't understand her jumper. I wish she'd figure it out!

24. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Same here with the clingyness. She is currently in a "stormy" period. If she sees me walking around she will yell and head dive to me. Wants mommy all the time! It's crazy she's trying to pull up! I agree... While it's all great they want to hit milestones early, it's so much work to keep them safe.

@IRunForFun: Glad you didn't have to go home alone! And she did great in the pnp!

@Smurfette: I caved and got her a nice pnp mattress. DD1 had one too but it was thinner and very worn out by now. So sorry about her mini eating strike!

I had a super rough Friday... Her sleep was horrendous! She basically needed me to hold her sitting up all night. I got maybe 2 hrs of laying down sleep. Don't know what it was, since it was just that night! She is starting to make B/D/N sounds, so maybe she was working on that?!

25. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Yeah I had no idea until last year my friend was desperately looking for one and apparently no stores sell them just Amazon?! I don't understand why it's not safe... Hers fit super tight/snug in the pnp so there's no possible gap or anything. So I don't really know what makes it different from crib mattress?

Both DDs sleep/slept on a pnp in daycare so there is no way I'd let them sleep on the hard mat!

26. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

27. Smurfette

@sunnyday: My advice is drink, but I guess that doesn't work for the driver.
    I honestly don't think I could go. I couldn't handle it and I wouldn't put her through it. I'm sorry. That is really tough.

28. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: Hope she falls asleep and sleeps well

29. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Ugh I am so sorry! I don't have the magical kids who sleep in the car either; tho DD1 wasn't THAT bad in the car. You think she has motion sickness and because of that is just hates the carseat so much no matter what since she associates not feeling good with it?

I just completely get it... That crying/screaming the WHOLE time is horrible to go through for everyone involved and you can't help but to feel like you're torturing her.

Is she too young to use seabands?

30. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Just popping in to say hello and see how everyone is doing?

We had DD's 6 month appt yesterday and she's a tiny peanut! 13 lbs and .5 ozs. The doctor wasn't concerned because she's growing on her curve. She still wears some 3 month clothing! We are now doing a mixture of BLW and purées. I want to keep doing BLW so she gets used to holding things and self-feeding and experiencing different textures, but she isn't ingesting much of anything that way because she just spits out whatever small chunks she gets off or gags and vomits if she swallows them. The ped wants us to get some solids in since we are weaning her off her reflux meds so I've puréed some foods with breast milk. She loves banana, likes carrots OK, avocado and sweet potato not so much.

She's army crawling and getting closer to traditional crawling, but it's so funny how fast she can go army crawling!!

She's back to waking up once a night most nights to nurse; hoping it's just a phase and she goes back to STTN soon, though one wake up isn't horrible...

How's everyone else and their LO's doing?

31. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

S's 6 month appointment is tomorrow so I'll update with stats then.

She's growing into quite a little character. Super easy going unless she wants something and you don't give it to her then she has a temper! My first was always pretty fussy so I don't remember experiencing this.

Sleep has been the same as always. 3 naps a day, morning and late afternoon nap happen in the Tula while we're on the go with her sister and one longer afternoon nap where I hold her / nurse her. Bedtime is usually 8pm and wakes up around 6am. She wakes up on average 2 times a night but honestly compared to my first who didn't sleep at all the first year this seems pretty good!

She's rolling all over but no crawling yet. I think she's getting the idea of it though because I've seen her stretching for things rather than rolling to them a lot more recently.

We've started solids. So far she's not a huge fan of anything. We're doing purees just because I don't know how to do blw!! But I'm hoping to make the purée stage short and move on to table foods/ finger foods a lot faster than last time. S loves to hold things and put them in her mouth so I'm thinking she'll be happier feeding herself.

For those of you doing blw can you give me some examples of what you've been giving your littles and how you prepare it?

I can't believe my baby is 6 months old!!!! Time is flying so fast... Hope everyone is doing well

32. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

We also had the six month checkup yesterday, although E won't be six months until Thursday. She was 15.5 lbs, right at 50%. Shots were horrible. Our vaccine lab likes to put kids on their back on the table and then give two vaccines at the same time. DD doesn't like to be on her back and she was exhausted, so the moment she was put down, she started screaming. Of course, then they put two needles in her legs, one to each side.

We have moved to 9 month clothing for size.

Sleep is mostly good. She usually takes two good naps and STTN. She is now on only two naps no matter the length. She just goes to second nap or bed early if she takes a horrible nap. Naps are only good if she is in her own place (usually the crib, but if we are somewhere else, the pack and play isn't bad). Her naps in the carrier have lasted 30 minutes max and naps in the car are getting shorter as well.

Her personality is quite friendly and she is happy except when tired or hungry. She must be held if tired or hungry. I can push off her sleep if necessary, mainly by feeding her and then holding her.

E is definitely moving, but more as an inchworm. She gets up on all limbs (hands and feet) and then falls forward. She slowly moves across the room, but if she sees me, she more cries to get picked up.

I noticed two teeth yesterday. It will make it easier to do more BLW. We are doing a mix of purees and BLW. She hasn't seemed to love anything, but definitely prefers to put the food into her mouth. We have introduced most allergens and thankfully have no problems. We have introduced a sippy cup of water as well.

33. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Peasinapod: For BLW, yesterday we gave her a piece of ham and a piece of broccoli. The ham was basically the size of a thick french fry. She gnawed on it and cut it into smaller pieces. She may have actually swallowed some of it. The piece of broccoli was a small floret. The ham was leftover after cooking and the broccoli was frozen and steamed.

We have given a piece of pizza crust, a piece of flank steak, spoon fed some spaghetti sauce and spoon fed baked beans. We don't cook with extra salt and just let her have the seasonings. No one in the family has any allergies and if we see a reaction, we will immediately slow down on the solids.

DH and I cracked up yesterday watching DD suck her thumb with the floret of the broccoli sticking out of her mouth.

34. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Our peanuts weighed the same at 6M.

We are good. She is still driving me nuts with her eating. Last Friday she ate great and then STTN, but then Sat and Sun was not into eating at all. Purees she likes if fruit. Not a fan of any veggie. Loves Mum Mums. We tried puffs and she likes to play with them but not put in her mouth. I wish I could try yogurt with her. She pretty much wakes up to eat and goes back down, most nights. Naps all over the place. Sat was 2 good naps and then a cat nap before bed. Sunday she took like 4 cat naps. She is ALL over the house crawling. Or really scooting and dragging her body. She gets up on all four and rocks and then falls. She loves to stand up. She can pull herself up standing with my help. We went ahead and lowered the crib to be safe. No teeth yet. But I do think she is teething. But seeing the girls together makes my heart melt. They are so sweet together and just love each other so much. Baby follows big sister around. Big sister is great with her, shows her how to crawl, plays with her, and loves on her all day. She said Mommy, LO2 is the happiest baby ever!

35. snowjewelz

@Peasinapod: Broccoli florets, carrot sticks, I mean anything that comes in a stick form. If it can be steamed/roasted to be mushy then I do it; otherwise she just gnaws. I do also cut things up in tiny pieces... Eventually she'll develop pincer grasp to get it. When we're lazy and do puree, we give it to her in those feeders so she holds it and feeds herself.

We are doing well! She is talking a ton. I hear D's and B's and M's. She literally wants to grab everything, all the time! She is really loud too; to make sure we hear her over her sister I'm sure! She also seems to know if she's not eating the stuff as us... She will just keep looking at our food!

She still wakes at night. probably 1-2 times; I have no clue but I think she has also STTN a few times. Bed time is 7:30 (asleep between 8-8:30). Bed time is long b/c big sister joins us for a while so she will never fall asleep before 8 if her sister is in bed with us. Wakes up 7ish. Takes 3 naps still with occasional 2; so I think we'll move towards 2-3-4 sometime within the next month? She has stayed up for 4 hrs between last nap and bed time and she made it without too much fuss.

She seriously does not care about rolling over or crawling! I put her on her back and she'll usually just stay like that. She will try to army crawl to get something but gets frustrated. She will head dive forward though, and likes to straighten her legs when I put her down to sit to stand up.

She is just shoving anything we give her in her mouth... Doesn't seem to like peas and eh about eggs so far.

No teeth yet!

36. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I know!! DD1 has been SO good to the baby lately and it's so cute!

37. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: When we've done BLW stuff so far I've just give big chunks of things. Half a banana, a thick wedge of avocado, a thick wedge of steamed sweet potato. Mostly she gums it to mush or just sucks on it.

@Mrs. Toad: I felt so bad during the 6 month shots. DD immediately flips over if she's placed on her back, which she tried to do, so the nurse had me cross her arms over her chest and "snuggle" aka hold her down while they jabbed each leg. So sad!

@Smurfette: Really? For some reason I thought P was 13 lbs, 5 oz! I wish I could give DD yogurt too. I almost bought her yogurt melts before I caught myself! Duh. I should get some mum mums. Is P still on Zantac?

@snowjewelz: Oh my gosh DD is so loud too. Her babbling is basically yelling and screeching. I was so excited when she started making the M sound this month. Still waiting on other consonants.

Oh we have no signs of teeth over here yet either!!

38. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: oh I just saw you said .5 not 5zs! Yep three times a day still.

39. snowjewelz

Ugh we're all taking turns being sick... K2 had a runny nose going on for a while and last night she was so congested and she hates the snot sucker! K1 had a high fever on Sunday and stayed home Monday; and now I have a fever and I am seriously dragging my butt at work.... I went to work b/c I'm still trying to build up my PTO after maternity leave Hopefully K2 will be alright since I should have tons of antibodies in my milk!

40. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: Hope you all feel better soon. So hard when it feels like you are just passing it back and forth in the house.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee