Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: lol well I could drink and DH could just do all the driving. Omg that sounds like the worst. Having to function with all three, drinking is the last thing on earth I would do We have to go, she hasn't met DHs fam and this is our only trip we ever take, I will seriously fly or train with her at the first major city we pass, 5 hours in. If it's as terrible as we're expecting.

@Mrs. Toad: Meeee too!!!

@snowjewelz: We've got seabands for this trip, but haven't tried them yet. We are hoping they are a magical lifesaver, lol. I'm not convinced it's motion sickness, but I am okay exploring every possibility, lol.

DS and B have colds....ugh! Never ending here I swear. They got them pretty much over night, we have had swimming lessons outdoors this week and even though its been warm, I wonder if that triggered it! B hasn't been swimming, but just....her brother loves her way too much and gives her no space, lol.

Sleep has gone a little crap. Waking 10/11 ish and freaaaaking. We end up feeding her 4 oz because nothing else keeps her down. Then she is up 4:30/5 ish for the day, she fell back asleep at 5:45 (woke 4:30) this morning in the stroller. I wheeled the stroller into her room and she slept til 7:15! She's eating great, pretty much whatever we eat, steak and mashed potatoes last night, then let her suck on a corn cob, lol. No teeth yet, probably not until the Fall if age is like my other two.

I'm working out like a crazy person right now, in my first dietbet, and apparently am going to try to lose 6lbs in the next four weeks.

2. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I have a friend with a baby 8 days older than B. 5lbs heavier, omg I held her yesterday, too funny -what a difference!! And their size and abilities are just crazy. It's so amazing, that even twins always exposed to the same things can develop so different, it's so interesting.

She isn't sitting yet but is army crawling, and then there's B pulling up on everything, crawling everywhere.

I put her in a 12m sleeper last night, she was fine in it in length, but the neck.....I could pretty much fit my hand down her chest there was such a gap, long and skinny I guess.

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@sunnyday: How is she doing in the new configuration?

4. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: She was okay like two trips, and getting her in/out was beyond a pain, so after another 4-5 trips of hell, we moved her to the side of that row. I have my olders on the outside spots of the middle row and she was back row, middle, so there was no clear way to her with car seat bulk everywhere. So now she is behind my DD and I can easily get her through the middle or via the back hatch door. There is a seat beside her that I am sure I will spend lots of time in, lol.

She is napping in the pack n play in her room this week, acclimating her to it for when she lives in it for sleep the next few weeks, doing okay thankfully, test it this weekend when she is at my parents place for the day.

5. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

Had our 6 month appointment today. S is almost 17lbs and 50th percentile height. So holding steady at around 50th percentile for everything. Crazy next appointment isn't until 12 months !

6. snowjewelz

@Peasinapod: We still have 8 mo and 10 mo! For us it was every month till 6 months, then every 2 months till 1, then every 3 months till 2 I believe.

7. snowjewelz

Maybe I'm a little crazy today with my fever... But I'm feeling so sad that our babies are already over the half year mark! I mean, how did we get here?!

8. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@sunnyday: it is crazy how babies can be so different. LO is more mobile then some of the older babies in her class. Then some younger ones are sitting up, which is earlier then LO did.
    @Peasinapod: we have to go at 9m and then 12m, 15m, 18m, and then 24. Then just yearly.
    @snowjewelz: I know! I was looking up first bday ideas the other day.

9. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: I didn't even ask when next one is! I go next week for my depo needle, but oh wow, 12 months....I can't even think about that!!

I played frisbee tonight in the league I'm in on Wednesdays. There was a baby on the sidelines of the opposing team, but I had to say hi......he was HUGE. She said he was 6 months and I was like.....when is his birthday? He was born Jan 3rd at 11lbs 15oz.......and is 25lbs. My jaw was on the floor....well field....! He was sooo cute, but huge, just huge. It was her third and all three were over 10lbs!

10. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: We're probably doing a joint party since their bdays are 16 days apart! So the theme will be what DD1 chooses, which has been Trolls, but I'm waiting to see if she grows out of it first!

@sunnyday: Wow, that's crazy! I feel like my first wasn't even 25 lbs till after 1??

11. Smurfette

@sunnyday: woah! That is huge. My LO1 wasn't 25lbs till 18months.

12. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

I'm at the beach with no laptop so it's hard to respond individually to everyone, but I am loving all of these updates! So fun to hear how differently all these babies are developing with their own unique personalities! Mine loves food and observing the world but no signs of crawling yet...totally fine with that!

13. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: @sunnyday: I had a 9 month appointment with my first but not this time for some reason. Same doctor both times .

14. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh dear, I hope you're all feeling better!! Summer colds are not fair.

@Peasinapod: We have an appt at 9 months and then 12. Not sure if it's based on a vaccination schedule?

@sunnyday: Holy crap haha that's like DOUBLE the size of my DD. Insane.

@babypugs: Yay for the beach!

Yesterday I bought one of those Plum Organics purée pouches to try with DD because it was on clearance at Target. Apple + broccoli. She loved it (it smelled so nasty to me.) Go figure! I'm not wasting any more breastmilk pureeing stuff for her.

15. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Peasinapod: We have an appointment at 9 months as well. In fact, I have already scheduled a joint 9 month/3 year well check for both of them.

16. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@babypugs: Enjoy your vacation. I will be out in a week and a half and am counting down the days.

17. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Haha! I haven't mixed breastmilk with anything b/c I don't want to waste it either. When we're lazy we buy Beechnut in the jars. Some of the combos are really fancy lol!

18. snowjewelz

@babypugs: Enjoy!!!

19. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: @snowjewelz: I have used a little breast milk with oatmeal. Otherwise, I use the jars or just BLW.

I pump well, but DD eats a lot. We are starting to get into the frozen stash. I'm hoping that she slows down a little with the breast milk as the solids ramp up.

20. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: mine were like 20lbs or so at a year! That baby is closer in weight to my 3 y/o DS!

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: I feel like I can't get on board with puréed meat. Hahaha.

22. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: oh yeah that's weird to me! DD loveeed chicken wing I gave her tho! I think that's the only meat she has had.

23. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: How's C? K had a fever early Sat AM and tapered off Sunday. Sleep was of course horrendous and I am so tired!

And last night, I don't know what was wrong with her... Night terrors?! She pretty much was up crying every hour and not only did I have to hold her I had to either sit up or get up and walk around to soothe her; she didn't even want the boob! Oyyy. And I don't know if the sickness had to do with it but she is extremely clingy and has bad separation anxiety.

And I think teething pains are part of it too. Still no teeth but drooling a river. I kept looking into amber necklace... I never had it with #1 since she never seemed that affected by teething. But now I'm considering it!

24. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@snowjewelz: teething stuff is so hard! My first was pretty fussy in general so I never really thought she was teething . But S is normally so happy and has been fussier recently . I don't want to give Tylenol or anything though because I don't know if that's actually the issue. Especially since dd1s first tooth didn't come until 10months .

25. snowjewelz

@Peasinapod: Wow it can take that long! My first had her first tooth at 6 mo... Man we may have a long way to first tooth then lol!

26. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: C is doing better! It was so random, she was so fussy and whiny and a little lethargic on Sunday and then that afternoon had a fever of nearly 102 (when I thought to take it.) Motrin brought it down before bed, she felt cool enough at her MOTN wake up, then yesterday just ran a very low grade fever. No fever today. Not sure what it was about.

She has been much fussier than usual the past week or so and I wonder how much could be teething related, but I don't see or feel anything in her mouth. I think on our part it's some reflux acting up b/c we officially fully weaned from the meds...

27. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Oo, so dr said it's okay to wean the meds? Yeah, K doesn't have a fever anymore either but is also still very fussy.

28. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Yep, she said with her having a steadier trunk, being able to roll both ways, and with some solids on board, we could give it a try. Jury is still out. I think she may not have been ready yet.

29. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Well DD's fever turned out to be roseola! Whomp whomp.

30. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Aww! I think DD1 had that too.I hope she's feeling better!

31. snowjewelz

How is everyone!!

K does not want to crawl at all! But now she can pull up to stand and attempts to cruise and walk (but she just lunges to fall since she can't walk!). It's crazy! My first followed the "rules": army crawl, crawl, pull up, etc. This one just wants to walk!

She is still congested it's crazy! Just yesterday she coughed and threw up all the milk she just drank. But she is fine otherwise! Sleep is not too bad, she seems to sleep sound from like 11-6.

32. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Aww she might skip, my first was just like that and only crawled (late) for like a millisecond before taking off!

Sleep is still crap, she's sick pretty much always from daycare so I can't do any Ferbering. 11-6 sounds lovely, go baby!!!

I love our baby talk chats these days.

33. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Hiii! Was just thinking none of us had checked in for a while!

Sounds like K really might go straight to walking? Crazy! Sorry she is still so congested.

@babypugs: Awwww poor baby, I'm sorry she's sick and that sleep is no good!! That stinks!!

We are doing pretty well over here. DD will be 7 months next week, can't believe it! Her 2 bottom teeth broke through the gums over the weekend. She's still army crawling though sometimes she mixes in a little traditional crawling. She just started pulling up, mostly just to her knees, where she's pretty steady, but has gotten to her feet a couple times. She's a little wobbly on her feet still. Sleep is decent, although she's waking around 6 am, which is too early to me, especially since we don't have to be anywhere!! Solids are still at work in progress, she's just not that interested!

34. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: yay teeth! we are still toothless!

@babypugs: ugh I know. We have just been sick on and off since mid July!

11-6 is great; but she is up at least once (or twice) before 11, so it's been hard to just relax or even get through one tv show! Like right now I'm nursing her....

35. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: @IRunForFun: Awww teeth, cute! We're tooth free here as well, my first had a mouth full by this age!

@snowjewelz: Ugh, evenings are sacred--that's rough! I swear LO always does great until I come to bed EXCEPT on Game of Thrones night.

36. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: our babies are the same. Mine is mostly army crawling but can crawl, but drops after like 4 steps. She LOVES to stand up though. This morning she let go of the coffee table and stood by herself for like 5 seconds. Slow down! She was up at 5 this morning but luckily chilled in there till like 5:30, so I was able to shower and blow dry my hair before I had to get her. I like the alone time in the morning.

We are still tooth free over here. Which is throwing me since my LO1 had like 3 or 4 at this point. I want to try more foods with her, but the lack of teeth scares me.

Otherwise we are good. She is STTN most nights. But if she doesn't eat enough during the day then she wakes up. But eats and is back asleep. Her tummy is so sensitive still. Poops a ton now she is eating some food. Only way to get her to eat veggies if pears are mixed in the pouch, or I mix applesauce with a veggie myself. But pears and applesauce are her favorite. She loves puffs but can't figure out how to get them in her mouth herself.

37. snowjewelz

@babypugs: I am literally like 5 min away from finishing the last episodes till b/c of her waking up a bunch before I even go to bed!

@Smurfette: Same! My first def was on her 3rd or 4th tooth by now! But her gums are strong... She scared me b/c she totally bit off huge chunks of apple with her gums the other day and she clamped down on my finger when I dug into get it out!

I really am not prepared for her to be mobile... I'm anxious since I feel like it's hard to keep an eye on two kids. We have no room to totally gate off the living room which we did with DD1, and we never really baby proofed since we always kept an eye on DD1 but I feel like we'll have to baby proof more now!

38. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: My first has been great with helping watching her. If I have to run put the laundry in the dryer, she will make sure she doesn't get into anything she shouldn't. She also is so good about making sure no little stuff is low enough that the baby can reach them.

39. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: That is a great thing about having an older LO! I can trust her to watch baby sister for a minute or two but that's with baby immobile. Oh man, I can't imagine the things they'd get into together later, haha! Good that DD1 doesn't really do things she's not supposed to......

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Ha, I feel like C has no real motivation to crawl traditionally since she can get wherever she needs to go and fast with army crawling. I'm sure she'll figure it out at some point!

@snowjewelz: We are still trying to figure out the best way to create a baby safe area we can put her to let her explore. We can't gate off the living area plus there's so much stuff she can get into. We talked about turning the bonus room off the kitchen into a playroom and gating off the kitchen but we'd have to do a lot of rearranging and repurposing. I'm thinking of getting one of the baby play yards...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee