Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@fuzzypeaches: first pregnancy I was worried because I gained 12 lbs first trimester but then only 25 overall by the end. So I'm not really weighing myself this time but at my 11 week appointment I was up about 6 pounds.

2. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@MamaCate: I started fitness pal after my m/cs but I can't figure out how to set goals for pregnancy. Do you just use it as a tracker?
    @cvbee: due date twins!!! yay!

3. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@mrsjyw: do you feel silly for complaining about that lack of nausea yet?? Hehe. Mine definitely seemed to start later and last longer this time.

4. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

I'm afraid to weigh myself. This bump is no longer a blump it is full on bump and this is my first I blame the holidays.

Also, wishing all the July mamas a Happy New Year!

5. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@ValentineMommy: No we didn't buy anything fun. We are Team green and the unisex stuff is so blahhhhh. I don't think I completely accepted this pregnancy was happening until yesterday. Now I'm completely in awe and kind of freaking out about having 2 kids...but in a good way. Those m/cs just mess with our heads so badly.

6. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

Just got done with my monthly appointment. Heartbeat nice and strong at 167. And I lost a pound from my last appointment. I think it's due to being so nauseas and eating a salad every day for lunch at my new job. I'm ok with it since I gained like 40 lbs with DS and only lost about 20.
    I have an ultrasound at my next appt at 16 weeks to measure my cervix from a LEEP I had when I was 20. They were able to determine gender at this appointment my last pregnancy. But, I have a conundrum. My mom and MIL want to throw us a gender reveal party when I'm around 19 weeks. And DH won't be able to go to this scam with me. I'm terrified I won't be able to not peek if I'm there by myself!!!

7. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

I gained 26 pounds with DD, but I was walking so much more during the way (worked full time and commuted in the city, so I walked to and from work), so I'm hoping to keep it below 30 lbs at this point. I am only up about 2 lbs so far, but I started out about 5 lbs heavier (thank you miscarriages and d&Cs) than I was when I got pregnant with DD.
    I think I feel that this one is a boy. I thought for so long it was a girl because my symptoms were the same, but there are subtle differences this time around. I had less nausea but way more food aversions and stronger cravings for sweets by now with DD. This time I had more nausea but hardly any food aversions and want saltier foods (simplyfelicity - i'm back on the peanut kick).
    We don't have any names. We pretty much agree on the top 5 for girls but boys...yikes. that's a whole different story...

8. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Tidybee: I just searched on their main site and they said they don't have a specific setting because everyone's recs are different. For now I am just setting it at maintain current weight and I will adjust as I get farther along. I more want to use it to be accountable and what I am eating and my workouts, and make sure I am getting enough protein and calcium. So I think it will be good for those goals.

9. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Candy_nee: so glad to hear your appt went well! I am not sure what I would do about the sex reveal but maybe talk to DH? Is there a way to move it to when he could come?

10. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@Candy_nee: you can do it! Go to the appointment with an envelope and tell the tech right away and they can support you in not peeking. Gender reveal parties are awesome!!!!!

11. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@turkeylurkey: Congrats on the boy!!

@fuzzypeaches: I'm up about 5lbs according to my appt, but I'm just getting over a bad stomach bug so that could have decreased it a little. Now that I'm not feeling quite so icky, I want to start getting some more exercise.

I have a girl name picked but we have no clue what we'd name a boy. I had a dream the day after my BFP that it was a boy, so we have our work cut out for us if I'm right!

12. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

Happy new year, mamas! I am so excited for what 2015 has in store for us!

13. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

I went to prenatal yoga and there were girls with smaller bumps than me at 18, 20 and 22 weeks. #secondbabyproblems

14. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

Happy New Year, lovely mamas!

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Happy New Year, all!
    @Tidybee: I bet you look great!

16. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Super excited because the skinny full panel jeans are out of stock on oldnavy.com but I found two pairs when DH insisted we go in store while out of town. The top part of the panel is tight (apparently, that's most people's gripe) but they are a huge seller nonetheless and they aren't swimming on me like the Target ones. Small victory, but I will take it!

17. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: do they carry maternity in store near you? I am planning to go the old navy route for maternity jeans but thought you had to buy online?

@Tidybee: this made me laugh--those mamas will be in your shoes next time around!

18. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: The one I went to did, but you might want to call ahead. It was a very small section but I got the jeans and a top, so not too shabby.

19. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@MamaCate: @cvbee: I talked to my mom and DH and we decided that DH and I will know and then we will do a gender reveal just for the grandparents when my mom is in town. The ultrasound has to take place then b/c it's really to measure my cervix and has to be done at 15 or 16 weeks. Even my mom said there's no way she wouldn't not look and she couldn't make me wait 3 weeks to find out. She understands my dislike for surprises! Lol So it'll still be a special surprise for them and I don't have to wait. It's a win win!

20. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: Note to self for next weekend (assuming all goes well at my appt next week--fx!). Jeans and a top sound great. I never wanted to buy too much maternity so I just had a lot of outfit repetition.

@Candy_nee: that sounds like a much better plan! I would hate the idea of other people knowing before me!

21. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

My nausea/need to eat all day long is subsiding. I know it is normal for 12 and a half weeks but I can't help but also want more symptoms to make me feel sure things are still ' right'.

I don't need maternity clothes yet but I have been totally shopping online a lot this week; filling my cart and then not pressing 'buy'.

22. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@Tidybee: definitely wish I would've enjoyed those good days more!

OMG. DH is sick from food poisoning. I was up all night with DS who is teething and severe night nausea all night. I am so tired and STILL feel like I'm going to puke every other minute.

23. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@mrsjyw: Oh no! That sounds awful! Are you able to get some rest today?

24. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@simplyfelicity: I've been living in my old navy skinny maternity jeans!

@Candy_nee: That sounds great. No way could I wait 3 weeks either!

@mrsjyw: Oh no!! I hope you all feel better soon.

25. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

Here's my question for those of you second time mamas.. how early did you feel your first? I felt mine around 18 wks , but I swear I felt wubby move yesterday (I'm 14wks) I had a friend say she felt her second at 12wks!! Anyone else experience this?

26. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I had an anterior placenta with my first and I felt him at 19 weeks. I'm almost 14 weeks now and swear I have felt this LO on/off since 11 (??!!) weeks!

27. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Anyone team green? I think I've gone totally crazy but i'm actually considering it! I absolutely had to know with my first (I had a strong boy feeling and a boy preference) and never considered my finding out this time but all of a sudden I've had a change of heart. This is likely my last baby and although the wait would absolutely kill me, I wonder if it would be super exciting to find out in the delivery room?!

Some people I've talked to absolutely loved the surprise and others felt it was sort of anti-climatic when there were so many other things going on.

My biggest fear is that things don't go as planned and I have to have a c/s under general anesthetic (worst case scenario!) and I'm last to find out the baby's sex?!

Thoughts??

28. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@MamaCate: yeah the thought of my MIL knowing before me was driving me crazy!
    @cait: I am currently wearing my old navy skinny maternity jeans for the third time this week. They're gloriously comfortable and flattering!

So I told work today about my being pregnant. I had my team and department bosses together so I took advantage of the opportunity. They both congratulated me and were very supportive. My department boss even definitely encouraged me to take the full 12 weeks of maternity leave my company offers. I was so relieved!!

29. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Candy_nee: that is great news! This is a new job right so you weren't sure what the leave time was going to be? Sounds like such a relief!

30. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@MamaCate: yes! I've been here less than a month so I was terrified! But I have discovered that they provide 12 weeks of maternity leave at 100% of my pay! Plus, If I wanted, I could take up to 8 more weeks unpaid. And I'm still guaranteed my job and same rate of pay when I get back.

31. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Candy_nee: that's awesome! Definitely take advantage of the 12 weeks at 100% pay! What are you thinking about the unpaid leave too?

I must say, when it comes to maternity leave and health care I feel very grateful to be Canadian! I took a glorious year off with my son and I feel very thankful for it. I'll take a year off with this new baby too. Also, it makes me sad when I read posts on here about it being expensive to take LOs to emergency or how much it costs for a birth, even an uneventful one!

32. mrsjyw

@Reese: @cait: thanks ladies. Sad to say it's gotten worse for me.

I caved and took the unisom+b6 combo my Ob recommended and took a nap. But woke up with a mild fever 101. Just spoke to ob, he said I could ride it out or head into urgent care. Ugh. He thinks I have the flu, which he says couldn't have been prevented from the flu vaccine this year. But who knows.

Just took a single dose of Tylenol to see if u can get fever down. I checked the hb w Doppler but am erring on the side of caution and wil have Dh take me in shortly if fever doesn't break. Happy New Year!

(DS is at my moms and has had diarreah all day too...)

33. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Candy_nee: That is such great news! I would love to have 12 weeks at full pay and it sounds like a great company!

@QBbride: I think the Canadian system is great and wish things worked like that here. I will get 6 weeks at 2/3rds pay under short term disability and am allowed to take the remaining 6 weeks unpaid, but there is no flexibility after that.

@mrsjyw: Oh no! Poor you! Hope the fever breaks. If you go to urgent care, I would try to get there sooner rather than later--my limited experience has been that wait times get worse as the night goes on. Hope you can all recover this weekend!

34. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@QBbride: I understand being curious about what finding out in the delivery room feels like! I think I would just make sure to talk to your DH (+ nurses when you're at the hospital) about your concerns. Make it clear that if that scenario happens, gender announcements begin with you! I've heard horror stories about mamas who've woken up to find out that several people have held their baby before they could, so I'll be having lots of worst case scenario talks with my DH.

@Candy_nee: That's fantastic news! What a relief for you.

@mrsjyw: So sorry. Get lots of rest and liquids!

35. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@mrsjyw: oh no! Hope you feel better soon!!

36. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@mrsjyw: aw! Feel better soon!!!

37. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjyw: I am sorry you feel so miserable.

38. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

I had my 12 week scan yesterday and everything looked great! So amazing to see baby's heart flickering on the monitor!

39. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@angelachase: oh yay! So glad everything went well and that you got to see your babe!

40. mrsjyw

@angelachase: Hooooray!!! Beautiful babe!

Thanks mamas for your well wishes! Fever finally broke overnight! Feel better but taking it easy. Hope the worst is over.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee